The Oakland A's Will Play In Sacramento

• Banned
The A's will be playing at Sutter Health Park. Home of the Sacramento River Cats minor league team.

1712243803477.png

1712243854439.png

Last edited:
Back in the 70's the Padres were pretty poor. A warrant officer that I worked closely with suggested going to the games. The seats were cheap and the Padres were playing actual quality ball clubs.

If the attendance is like last year, no problem fitting 3500 fans. I think the total for 2023 was 700,000 for the year.
The Sacto stadium holds 14K, but that is where the Giants triple A affiliate Rivercats play. I wonder how they'll work the scheduling out. There's a lot of work to be done in Lost Wages. They have to drop the Tropicana and build the new stadium. They have a lot on their plate.

• Banned
The Sacto stadium holds 14K, but that is where the Giants triple A affiliate Rivercats play. I wonder how they'll work the scheduling out. There's a lot of work to be done in Lost Wages. They have to drop the Tropicana and build the new stadium. They have a lot on their plate.
Average attendance for the Cats was 5000 per game. About the same as the A's in Oakland.

I used to love going to A's games. The city has really fallen apart since the 90's dramatically, so sad to see the city like this, but who wants to invest here anymore? You will see your investment eaten up and if its a store, you'll get vandalized.

I used to love going to A's games. The city has really fallen apart since the 90's dramatically, so sad to see the city like this, but who wants to invest here anymore? You will see your investment eaten up and if its a store, you'll get vandalized.
I took some friends who were visiting from Australia to a Raider game in 2013 because the Niners weren't in town. They were really appalled at what they saw as BART went through Oakland even then. I've heard it is worse now.

Average attendance for the Cats was 5000 per game. About the same as the A's in Oakland.
the A's 3A farm team the Aviators here avg 6800.....many are asking why they didnt pick there to play.....then at least people might get to know their team.....they are not getting more popular...

the A's 3A farm team the Aviators here avg 6800.....many are asking why they didnt pick there to play.....then at least people might get to know their team.....they are not getting more popular...
You would think it would acclimate the players.

We can talk whether new stadiums should be built from the taxpayer or the teams themselves. However, the Oakland A's Coliseum has run its course.

We can talk whether new stadiums should be built from the taxpayer or the teams themselves. However, the Oakland A's Coliseum has run its course.
I've seen many Day on the Green concerts, baseball and football games in that stadium, but you are right, it is old. The best thing about it was having its own BART station.

The Athletics still get money from the existing TV contract if they stay in California.

It has around 11k seats, the other 3k is lawn seating. They could build temporary bleachers in right field.

Forum List

Back