The NY times now sympathizing with pedophiles: says our laws fail them

"Part of this failure stems from the misconception that pedophilia is the same as child molestation. One can live with pedophilia and not act on it. Sites like Virtuous Pedophiles provide support for pedophiles who do not molest children and believe that sex with children is wrong. It is not that these individuals are “inactive” or “nonpracticing” pedophiles, but rather that pedophilia is a status and not an act. In fact, research shows, about half of all child molesters are not sexually attracted to their victims."

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html?_r=0
So you have read it but are too stupid to understand it.

Tell me what your strategy is for protecting kids from sexual abuse ?

The Dept of Education's link to the study is in the article, you ignorant stupid fucker

Vor gets his bell rang once again, too fucking stupid to live and nothing but a spamming troll. Gee almost like BoPete.....hmmmm
Wouldnt it be amazing if we could identify the paedo priests and teachers before they offended ?
Think of all the lives that would be saved ?

The Dept of Education's link to the study is in the article, you ignorant stupid fucker

Vor gets his bell rang once again, too fucking stupid to live and nothing but a spamming troll. Gee almost like BoPete.....hmmmm
Wouldnt it be amazing if we could identify the paedo priests and teachers before they offended ?
Think of all the lives that would be saved ?

You keep trying to steer the convo that way....and everybody has noticed it

My, my, my, that isn't very christian like language is it? Oh, that's right, SluttyIdioticLoser is one of those hypocrite christians who talks it but doesn't walk it.

Did I hit a nerve there cottage cheese thighs? LOL.

"Part of this failure stems from the misconception that pedophilia is the same as child molestation. One can live with pedophilia and not act on it. Sites like Virtuous Pedophiles provide support for pedophiles who do not molest children and believe that sex with children is wrong. It is not that these individuals are “inactive” or “nonpracticing” pedophiles, but rather that pedophilia is a status and not an act. In fact, research shows, about half of all child molesters are not sexually attracted to their victims."

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html?_r=0

I read it and understand it just fine, thanks. I read it two years ago when it came out, as well. I also read and understood when the APA published their diagnostic handbook, and listed pedophilia as a sexual orientation, instead of a mental illness.

Unlike you, I look at the words used and instead of trying to *interpret* them so that they mean something other than what they actually say, I hold people accountable for what they say..i.e., that we are being unfair to pedophiles when we fail to recognize that their alternative sexuality is something they can't help and which is totally separate from abuse routinely served upon children by pedophiles.

My strategy to protect children? While that deserves a thread of it's own, I guess it is first of all to point out when fake media sites promote pedophilia as an alternative, yet perfectly harmless, lifestyle.

You?

Last edited:

My, my, my, that isn't very christian like language is it? Oh, that's right, SluttyIdioticLoser is one of those hypocrite christians who talks it but doesn't walk it.

Either get on topic or shut up. I'm not interested in your middle school antics, old man....and guess what? Most everyone else is finding it tiresome also

Either get on topic or shut up. I'm not interested in your middle school antics, old man....and guess what? Most everyone else is finding it tiresome also
LOL. Oh yes, I most certainly hit a nerve.

I read it and understand it just fine, thanks. I read it two years ago when it came out, as well. I also read and understood when the APA published their diagnostic handbook, and listed pedophilia as a sexual orientation, instead of a mental illness.

Unlike you, I look at the words used and instead of trying to *interpret* them so that they mean something other than what they actually say, I hold people accountable for what they say..i.e., that we are being unfair to pedophiles when we fail to recognize that their alternative sexuality is something they can't help and which is totally separate from abuse routinely served upon children by pedophiles.

My strategy to protect children? While that deserves a thread of it's own, I guess it is first of all to point out when fake media sites promote pedophilia as an alternative, yet perfectly harmless, lifestyle.

You?
Well, like yourself I dont have a strategy.

However ,like the article suggests, I can see a benefit in identifying these people before they offend.

Thats just common sense.

At the moment preventative strategies are not working and kids are being harmed every day. Very often by people who should be protecting them.

The article suggests prohibiting discrimination against Pedophiles because pedophilia should be classified as a mental disability. I have no problem with pre-treatment before any assault takes place but I have a real problem with the article's suggestion.

The recidivism rate among pedos is close to 100%, even in castration cases, so the only way to keep them away from kids is lifetime incarceration.

That would definitely drive pedos who haven't offended underground.

The article suggests prohibiting discrimination against Pedophiles because pedophilia should be classified as a mental disability. I have no problem with pre-treatment before any assault takes place but I have a real problem with the article's suggestion.

The recidivism rate among pedos is close to 100%, even in castration cases, so the only way to keep them away from kids is lifetime incarceration.

Which is where we are at the moment. There doesnt seem to be a perfect solution.

Which is where we are at the moment. There doesnt seem to be a perfect solution.

typical leftist respond...

We protect children from pedos, by protecting pedos from any censure!

Yeah, that'll work!

Yeah, that'll work!
I havent proposed any solution. But the article makes a strong case which may protect kids.
Its only your partisan idiocy that doesnt "get" this.

Its like ypu want kids to be abused so you can "rebuke" their abusers.

Yeah, that'll work!
I havent proposed any solution. But the article makes a strong case which may protect kids.

Really, that's funny, I missed that case altogether.

Can you please reference the specifics?

Yeah, that'll work!

Its not complicated but it may be a bit over your head.

Without legal protection, a pedophile cannot risk seeking treatment or disclosing his status to anyone for support. He could lose his job, and future job prospects, if he is seen at a group-therapy session, asks for a reasonable accommodation to take medication or see a psychiatrist, or requests a limit in his interaction with children. Isolating individuals from appropriate employment and treatment only increases their risk of committing a crime.

I can translate into shit-kicker for you if that helps ?

Yeah, that'll work!

Without legal protection, a pedophile cannot risk seeking treatment or disclosing his status to anyone for support. He could lose his job, and future job prospects, if he is seen at a group-therapy session, asks for a reasonable accommodation to take medication or see a psychiatrist, or requests a limit in his interaction with children. Isolating individuals from appropriate employment and treatment only increases their risk of committing a crime.

Ah, so we need to protect pedophiles from children. Brilliant strategy! And that is EXACTLY what I thought you would say. Because that is the only thing that article advocates.

Hide the pedos so they can't be identified. That way children are safer from them .

OTAY!

Yeah, that'll work!

Ah, so we need to protect pedophiles from children. Brilliant strategy! And that is EXACTLY what I thought you would say. Because that is the only thing that article advocates.

Hide the pedos so they can't be identified. That way children are safer from them .

OTAY!

Just execute them and be done with it.

Yeah, that'll work!

OTAY!

Just execute them and be done with it.

I'm willing to build nuthouses to store them in. It is, after all, a mental illness. Just like homosexuality.

Forum List

Back