The Next Debate Won't Be So Easy For Romney

You can tell by the responses on this thread that the rightwingers know that Romney is an epic fail.

It's kind of sad. But hey, whatcha gonna do?

Ah, the "Because I said so" argument. What a well reasoned and powerful argument you've put forth. You framed the topic succinctly, drew on indisputable facts and made a rock solid case for your point.

:eusa_eh:

I sense a bit of sarcasm there......:badgrin:

Stakes get higher in upcoming Biden-Ryan debate - CNN.com

A recent CNN/ORC International poll found that 55% of likely voters thought Ryan will fare better in the debate, while 39% said Biden will win.

well, the "Next" debate will be easier for Ryan - contrary to the above, Martha Raddatz the moderator will be under pressure not to let one or the other skirt the format with personal attacks which will be Biden at Ryan - and will frustrate Biden from the counter move used by Romney.

In a townhall format the people in attendance are allowed to ask questions......they will be picked ahead of time. The questions will most likely be given to them by Obama people who are at this moment furiously dreaming them up.

Questions to help Obama will be asked and questions to hurt Romney will be asked.

I agree. After the last debate, everyone will be out to help Obama not fail.

But I do believe that Romney will be ready for it.

Second presidential debate the fat lib lady will moderate is a Town Hall format with topics to include foreign and domestic policy, so there's always a chance the lefties will pack the Hall with more Barry fans than Romney, but in the final analysis they're both left to answer the questions and rebut the other guy's points. Mitt will be short, concise, and to the point with his answers. Barry will ramble on and on as that's what he does. He thinks such style trumps substance.

The third debate is the same format as the first one except with a different lefty moderator and the topic is foreign policy.

Romney has already demonstrated he learned from Newt during the primary debates not to let the moderator get away with anything, from inane topics to trying to adversely control things, etc. So he'll do it again in 2 and 3 if necessary.

Barry's problem of course is the topics, foreign and domestic policy. He has to defend on those two fronts, which will certainly be uncomfortable at times and utterly indefensible at others. Take for example the debacle in Libya. With more and more coming to light about the terrorist aspects vs. the stupid video, the various warnings we now know about that were met with the administration turning down requests for additional security from the now dead ambassador, and Romney is going to have a field day pointing out how tragically feckless Obama & Co. were in a region seething with growing anti-American hostility.

Barry looked and sounded bad in #1, so I suspect he'll at least portray himself better in the next two. He won't be looking down or taking imaginary notes any longer, but he'll still have to answer the questions and Mitt's rebuttals. And, again, that's his problem. This go-round he's got a record to run on and it's a hell of a lot harder than just uttering his hope and change mantra over and over.

I think we're going to see even more of the amateur-in-chief in the last two debates. Just think of it as his audition for Habitat for Humanity for their January volunteer openings in the Chicago area.

With all the left leaning moderators monitoring a majority of the Presidential debates, what would be said of (and how would the media handle) someone like Bill O'Reilly giving oversight to one?

On many topics, Bill O'Reilly takes a big government, Progressive-like position...but your point is well made. How would the media handle a moderator like Stephen Moore of the WSJ or my personal choice, David Boaz from the Cato Institute? They'd shit a brick!

I haven't heard the views nor opinions of David Boaz. However I do also like the questions raised by Tom Sullivan, who appears to stay pretty neutral allowing for both points of view to be made.

Why? 5 hour Energy? PCP? Other uppers? Some other kind of buzz on?

It sure the hell ain't because of Obama's last four years or the absence of a plan for the next four.

Last edited:
Democrats have centered on the Romney is a liar theme. Which means they think they can avoid discussion of the issues and keep their stories going. Meanwhile, Romney is pointing this out at every opportunity. Romney talks about the economy, obama doesn't. He says Romney is a liar. Romney gives a superlative speech on obama's foreign policy, obama doesn't. He says Romney is a liar. Whatever democrats have to say, they have already said it a thousand times. obama is crossing the line into being a johnny one note and people would rather listen to someone with something to say.

Joe Wilson called obama a liar on the senate floor.
Justice Alito said that obama's statement was not true in a state of the union address.

We all knew obama was lying years ago. He's never stopped. He was lying then, he's lying now.

You can tell by the responses on this thread that the rightwingers know that Romney is an epic fail.

It's kind of sad. But hey, whatcha gonna do?

Wow, the hard left reject Romney, that makes me rethink everything...

As I said in the OP all of my concerns for this debate have come true. The media has even telegraphed what they plan to do.

The Obama camp is desperate to make a good showing so the media can say with a straight face that his horrible performance was an anomaly. He was just having a bad day. Truth is you saw the real Obama then and you may not see the real one tonight. He will be prepped and ready and the deck is stacked in his favor.

He has the setting to bring down Romney. The questioners have been selected and every one of their questions have been screened. Somehow they have found enough "undecided voters" to fill the stage and they already have their questions so they can be supplied to the Obama campaign ahead of time. The Romney camp will not be afforded the same consideration.

The hand picked Liberal minded moderator will choose who will have the honor of asking the prescreened questions and I guarantee they will focus on issues that seem a Romney weakness and an Obama strength. Drone strikes, Fast & Furious, and the poor border security will probably be ignored and the focus will be on abortion, the 47%, and taxing the rich along with which specific loopholes will Romney be getting rid of, giving Democrats a new issue to stand up for win or lose in the coming election.

Obama will have his chance to tell everyone that he really, really, really cares about them. Too bad he doesn't show it most of the time.

If Obama doesn't make a fool of himself the media and most of the folks on the left will declare it a win. If Obama tries to be rude like his VP I think it will backfire on him. The slightest mistake on Romney's part will be expanded and blown out of proportion. Obama shouldn't have any problems because if Romney starts hammering him the moderator will intervene. It's gonna be a show that hopefully will turn the tide back in Obama's favor.

Links

News from The Associated Press

CNN's Candy Crowley Claims Some GOPers Think Ryan Pick

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/10/cpd-crowley-shouldnt-reinterpret-questions-138485.html

Last edited:
As I said in the OP all of my concerns for this debate have come true. The media has even telegraphed what they plan to do.

The Obama camp is desperate to make a good showing so the media can say with a straight face that his horrible performance was an anomaly. He was just having a bad day. Truth is you saw the real Obama then and you may not see the real one tonight. He will be prepped and ready and the deck is stacked in his favor.

He has the setting to bring down Romney. The questioners have been selected and every one of their questions have been screened. Somehow they have found enough "undecided voters" to fill the stage and they already have their questions so they can be supplied to the Obama campaign ahead of time. The Romney camp will not be afforded the same consideration.

The hand picked Liberal minded moderator will choose who will have the honor of asking the prescreened questions and I guarantee they will focus on issues that seem a Romney weakness and an Obama strength. Drone strikes, Fast & Furious, and the poor border security will probably be ignored and the focus will be on abortion, the 47%, and taxing the rich along with which specific loopholes will Romney be getting rid of, giving Democrats a new issue to stand up for win or lose in the coming election.

Obama will have his chance to tell everyone that he really, really, really cares about them. Too bad he doesn't show it most of the time.

If Obama doesn't make a fool of himself the media and most of the folks on the left will declare it a win. If Obama tries to be rude like his VP I think it will backfire on him. The slightest mistake on Romney's part will be expanded and blown out of proportion. Obama shouldn't have any problems because if Romney starts hammering him the moderator will intervene. It's gonna be a show that hopefully will turn the tide back in Obama's favor.

Links

CPD: Crowley shouldn't reinterpret questions - POLITICO.com
i think though media also quite honest this thing could be done if romney wins debate tonight

chuck todd said on msnbc if romney wins again tonight this election could be done and dusted. So all pressure on obama to peform. He can,t afford another bad debate otherwise this thing is over.

Links

i think though media also quite honest this thing could be done if romney wins debate tonight

chuck todd said on msnbc if romney wins again tonight this election could be done and dusted. So all pressure on obama to peform. He can,t afford another bad debate otherwise this thing is over.

That's my point. They will do everything they can to make sure Romney isn't a clear winner.

Links

That's my point. They will do everything they can to make sure Romney isn't a clear winner.
Not sure that true. Cnn said paul ryan won the debate after vp . They could have easily tried to distort it but they did not. Also many people on sunday talk shows include people like tom brokow said they were unhappy with biden behavior.

so i doubt their spin in. I think if romney wins again they tell the truth on it.

In a townhall format the people in attendance are allowed to ask questions......they will be picked ahead of time. The questions will most likely be given to them by Obama people who are at this moment furiously dreaming them up.

Questions to help Obama will be asked and questions to hurt Romney will be asked.[/QUOTE]

So, nothing of any subsatnce will be addressed then. Perhaps I'll go to the driving range.

Be sure it's not the same one Barry's at. The Secret Service really screws up a range when he's there, again.

Not sure that true. Cnn said paul ryan won the debate after vp . They could have easily tried to distort it but they did not. Also many people on sunday talk shows include people like tom brokow said they were unhappy with biden behavior.

so i doubt their spin in. I think if romney wins again they tell the truth on it.

Sunday Morning they touched on it then went about repairing the damage Biden did.

This morning we wake up to Hillary accepting blame for Benghazi. So Obama feels it's okay to hide behind a woman. He hasn't been doing his job.

David Axelrod told Chris Wallace to wait until a full investigation is completed......then when Wallace showed incredulity to this statement Axelrod claimed that's not what he said.

Sunday Morning they touched on it then went about repairing the damage Biden did.

This morning we wake up to Hillary accepting blame for Benghazi. So Obama feels it's okay to hide behind a woman. He hasn't been doing his job.

David Axelrod told Chris Wallace to wait until a full investigation is completed......then when Wallace showed incredulity to this statement Axelrod claimed that's not what he said.
they no doubt made mess up of their response to it.

all falls into gop favour this. Obama admin keep making mistakes and allows romney to go further ahead in polls.

220px-CandyCrowley.jpg

Candy Crowley​

Candy Crowley works for CNN. She is CNN's Chief Political Correspondent.

Red flags should be going up right about now.:bsflag:

I've watched her reporting for years. I've also seen obvious bias on her part. She is a liberal. The way she described Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton during the 2008 Democrat Primary, calling them "Two of the Titans of Politics" really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think she can put her ideology aside long enough to monitor a debate fairly.

This next debate will be in a Townhall format which I'm sure Obama will be able to feel more comfortable with. I also expect the questions not only to be more geared toward a touchy-feely type like "What is your favorite color" but also I expect some of the questions to be supplied to Obama before hand so he will appear more knowledgeable. I expect a question or two to be asked by an "undecided voter" that puts Romney on the spot but none against Obama.

Romney will find it difficult to compete when the deck is stacked against him. I expect Obama to do better this time, and I also expect that no matter how the debate pans out the media will declare Obama the winner.

I'm not worried about Mitt Romney because he will still do well. I do expect the media to make a concerted effort to use prepared questions, and any answers to those prepared questions, to tear Romney a new asshole until the next debate. The answers will be distorted and the media hopes that enough voters will fall for it.

Pretty sad really, to know that we have such a fuckwad of a president that he has to rig the election process to keep his power.

Links

Candy Crowley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Commission on Presidential Debates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Commission on Presidential Debates

Make way, everyone. Make way, MAKE WAY! Here come the excuses.

220px-CandyCrowley.jpg

Candy Crowley​

Candy Crowley works for CNN. She is CNN's Chief Political Correspondent.

Red flags should be going up right about now.:bsflag:

I've watched her reporting for years. I've also seen obvious bias on her part. She is a liberal. The way she described Barrack Obama and Hillary Clinton during the 2008 Democrat Primary, calling them "Two of the Titans of Politics" really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think she can put her ideology aside long enough to monitor a debate fairly.

This next debate will be in a Townhall format which I'm sure Obama will be able to feel more comfortable with. I also expect the questions not only to be more geared toward a touchy-feely type like "What is your favorite color" but also I expect some of the questions to be supplied to Obama before hand so he will appear more knowledgeable. I expect a question or two to be asked by an "undecided voter" that puts Romney on the spot but none against Obama.

Romney will find it difficult to compete when the deck is stacked against him. I expect Obama to do better this time, and I also expect that no matter how the debate pans out the media will declare Obama the winner.

I'm not worried about Mitt Romney because he will still do well. I do expect the media to make a concerted effort to use prepared questions, and any answers to those prepared questions, to tear Romney a new asshole until the next debate. The answers will be distorted and the media hopes that enough voters will fall for it.

Pretty sad really, to know that we have such a fuckwad of a president that he has to rig the election process to keep his power.

Links

Candy Crowley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Commission on Presidential Debates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Commission on Presidential Debates

Make way, everyone. Make way, MAKE WAY! Here come the excuses.
i hope neither side find excuse tonight. the real hint of who won debate will be polls afterward.

I do think there will be a temptation on Crowleys part to see that the debate goes Obama's way, however, she will remember her performance will be scrutinized as much as the participants. I'm sure she mulled over the reviews that Jim Lehrer received after the first debate and she wants an kudos, not the hammer.

The questions will be the key. If she avoids the Benghazi attacks, the questions around that debacle, the fix was in.

If she helps Obama she will be given tons of praise and maybe a better gig. :eusa_eh:

And just why did you say "tons"???

Forum List

Back