The Next Debate Won't Be So Easy For Romney

No matter how badly Romney gets beaten in either of the next debates, you won't hear any of the conservatives on this board admit it,

why? Because there are exactly zero conservatives on this board who have the character and integrity to do so.

So what's been Obama's excuse from the liberals on the first one?

Actually....a good question.

The overall response of the media talking heads was that Obama was off his game....and he will be better.

That response is aimed at depriving Romney of kudos.....
...Obama was the same as he always is.....Romney was just world's better.

I do think there will be a temptation on Crowleys part to see that the debate goes Obama's way, however, she will remember her performance will be scrutinized as much as the participants. I'm sure she mulled over the reviews that Jim Lehrer received after the first debate and she wants an kudos, not the hammer.

The questions will be the key. If she avoids the Benghazi attacks, the questions around that debacle, the fix was in.

If she helps Obama she will be given tons of praise and maybe a better gig. :eusa_eh:

And just why did you say "tons"???
i doubt it. if obama underperforms again no one can help him.

Another rig-job. I don't get why Republicans continue agreeing to Debates that are clearly rigged for the Democrat. Candy Crowley? A lifelong Democrat and CNN hack? This is almost as bad as the VP debacle. It's time for real change in how Debate Moderators are chosen. I mean if you're gonna rig it, at least allow the Republicans to have a couple rigged in their favor too. At least that would be fair.

I fully expect the MSM to hail Obama the winner of the next couple of Debates. They've already done it. But Romney can still do well in the Election. Obama's reign has been a real mess. And i think most Voters understand that. So these rigged Debates probably won't decide it.

The next debate should make obama look better. Whatever inherent shortcomings in the town hall format or subject matter that present to Romney, he will be well prepared to deal with them.

Whether obama does better or not is entirely up to obama. Democrats might have to accept that the obama we saw is the only obama there is. It's the same obama that got a lecture from Putin in mexico city. It's the same obama that could not have a serious discussion with any world leader ever.

obama just might be the kind of person who can use superb diction when reading words someone else wrote off a teleprompter. He's a real life president Bartlett, imitating Martin Sheen's performance.

As obama cannot admit he made a mistake by failing to prepare and having a poor debate coach, he is continuing to follow the same failed debate preparation as he follows all of his other failed policies. He has two alternatives. He can turn in the same absent performance that he did last time or he can be bellicose, mocking and condescending. Neither of which will make him win the next debate any more than he did the last time.

Obama is good at acting like he's connecting. Regardless how detached he is he is a good actor.

Any questions that are asked will result in Obama going into his talking-points about how much he cares about everyone equally.

Course he will be lying his fucken ass off.

obama's own aide says he doesn't like people. He doesn't like anyone. It will be a great relief to him to bow out and not have to pretend anymore.

If crowley entertains her liberal bias, she runs the risk of propelling Romney forward even faster. She might want to structure her moderation to make obama look better, but there is nothing she can do to make him look good.

Another rig-job. I don't get why Republicans continue agreeing to Debates that are clearly rigged for the Democrat. Candy Crowley? A lifelong Democrat and CNN hack? This is almost as bad as the VP debacle. It's time for real change in how Debate Moderators are chosen. I mean if you're gonna rig it, at least allow the Republicans to have a couple rigged in their favor too. At least that would be fair.

I fully expect the MSM to hail Obama the winner of the next couple of Debates. They've already done it. But Romney can still do well in the Election. Obama's reign has been a real mess. And i think most Voters understand that. So these rigged Debates probably won't decide it.
another poll bad for obama. both pew and gallup today have romney ahead nationally 50% to 46%. I am trying to find postives for president but i can,t.

romney could seal the deal tonight

The next debate should make obama look better. Whatever inherent shortcomings in the town hall format or subject matter that present to Romney, he will be well prepared to deal with them.

Whether obama does better or not is entirely up to obama. Democrats might have to accept that the obama we saw is the only obama there is. It's the same obama that got a lecture from Putin in mexico city. It's the same obama that could not have a serious discussion with any world leader ever.

obama just might be the kind of person who can use superb diction when reading words someone else wrote off a teleprompter. He's a real life president Bartlett, imitating Martin Sheen's performance.

As obama cannot admit he made a mistake by failing to prepare and having a poor debate coach, he is continuing to follow the same failed debate preparation as he follows all of his other failed policies. He has two alternatives. He can turn in the same absent performance that he did last time or he can be bellicose, mocking and condescending. Neither of which will make him win the next debate any more than he did the last time.

Obama is good at acting like he's connecting. Regardless how detached he is he is a good actor.

Any questions that are asked will result in Obama going into his talking-points about how much he cares about everyone equally.

Course he will be lying his fucken ass off.

obama's own aide says he doesn't like people. He doesn't like anyone. It will be a great relief to him to bow out and not have to pretend anymore.

If crowley entertains her liberal bias, she runs the risk of propelling Romney forward even faster. She might want to structure her moderation to make obama look better, but there is nothing she can do to make him look good.
president is in trouble with romney strectching he leads in the polls. conservative will be very happy and could be celebrating the end of the election tonight.

The president, it has been revealed, doesn't even like people, yet he is claimed to be able to relate to people better than Mitt Romney.....

So how are two such assholes going to bring themselves to showing empathy for these 80 assholes on the stage?

obama can play to his strength, likability, but hes already got a huge lead in that area, so, were do you go from up? Not sure,he cannot go Joe on Romney becasue that would sabotage the likability, he can come out and forcefully but tactfully argue his platforms, but he cannot really dredge the last 4 years because its a 50 50 proposition, a slew of part time jobs, a low labor participation rate, stagnant GDP, *shrugs*, income down, obamacare?

I don't know,the task is to correct for last week, and get ahead, or stem the tide of momentum romney appears to have, what can he do to make Romney look less viable at the same time push his up value amongst the undecided's?

No matter the substance, if he comes out and is engaged, amiable, sounds knowledgeable, appears sharp he'll 'win' as compared to his last appearance ( and the media will say so) but, will that wound Romney electorally?

Look for headiness like "Hes back", forthright, sharp, walking the walk etc etc etc. afterward...;)

obama can play to his strength, likability, but hes already got a huge lead in that area, so, were do you go from up? Not sure,he cannot go Joe on Romney becasue that would sabotage the likability, he can come out and forcefully but tactfully argue his platforms, but he cannot really dredge the last 4 years because its a 50 50 proposition, a slew of part time jobs, a low labor participation rate, stagnant GDP, *shrugs*, income down, obamacare?

I don't know,the task is to correct for last week, and get ahead, or stem the tide of momentum romney appears to have, what can he do to make Romney look less viable at the same time push his up value amongst the undecided's?

No matter the substance, if he comes out and is engaged, amiable, sounds knowledgeable, appears sharp he'll 'win' as compared to his last appearance ( and the media will say so) but, will that wound Romney electorally?

Look for headiness like "Hes back", forthright, sharp, walking the walk etc etc etc. afterward...;)

I don't think he can pull it off. Romney is too good a debater.

The only thing they can do is rig the discussion so Romney is constantly on the defensive. I figure Obama already knows what the questions will cover but I trust that Romney will be able to provide an answer to it.

Last time they debated Obama attempted to attack Romney and it didn't work. Obama knew it and so did everyone else. The reason is Obama has no real ammunition to attack with. His entire campaign is based on falsehoods. That's why he has a tough time dealing with somebody like Romney.

The next couple Debate Moderators are loyal Democrats. I believe one even wrote a book espousing her undying worship and loyalty to him. I have no idea how these people are allowed to be Debate Moderators. And the corrupt MSM has already declared him the winner of the next Debate anyway. So get ready for some of that silly 'Comeback Kid' rhetoric. It's all set up for Obama to come out the winner no matter what. Romney just has to stay strong and hammer him on his awful failures. He's doing very well with Independents. So he doesn't have to please the Obama-Worshippig MSM. He just needs to stay on message. Obama has nothing to run on.
We will probably see both of them pull out some biguns on each other this time around, where as Obama has bain the pain capital in his pocket or bag of tricks, but Romney has Bengazi.. They (the dems) tried to say Romney killed a cancer riddled woman because of Bain, but we know that because of Obama and company we have an ambassador dead, along with 4 other Americans in a nation that is suppose to be Obama and Hillary's new found friends and/or allies in the region. Now this administration alledgedly has tried to cover up the reason for the killings with an accusation against a video tape and some kind of spontaneous actions by a protest crowd there, and this when it all happened and why it happened. Now it's hard to believe that we actually helped Libya, just to have them allow our U.S. Ambassador to be killed afterwards in that nation during peace time there. Have the perps been brought to justice yet in that nation ?? Whats taking so long I wonder, or do they have any good info or intel for us on the matter ? Obama losing the military in his corner for their vote, is going to be a tough one to overcome now, and this because he will lose them if they smell a rat in this Bengazi boondoggle. If they can't trust the President and nation in which they are fighting for, then a new President will be elected out of the smoke from it all.

Last edited:
The next couple Debate Moderators are loyal Democrats. I believe one even wrote a book espousing her undying worship and loyalty to him. I have no idea how these people are allowed to be Debate Moderators. And the corrupt MSM has already declared him the winner of the next Debate anyway. So get ready for some of that silly 'Comeback Kid' rhetoric. It's all set up for Obama to come out the winner no matter what. Romney just has to stay strong and hammer him on his awful failures. He's doing very well with Independents. So he doesn't have to please the Obama-Worshippig MSM. He just needs to stay on message. Obama has nothing to run on.
We will probably see both of them pull out some biguns on each other this time around, where as Obama has bain the pain capital in his pocket or bag of tricks, but Romney has Bengazi.. They (the dems) tried to say Romeny killed a cancer riddled woman because of Bain, but we know that because of Obama and company we have an ambassador dead, along with 4 other Americans in a nation that is suppose to be Obama and Hillary's new found friends and/or allies in the region. Now this administration alledgedly has tried to cover up the reason for the killings with an accusation against a video tape and some kind of spontaneous actions by a protest crowd there, and this when it all happened and why it happened. Now it's hard to believe that we actually helped Libya, just to have them allow our U.S. Ambassador to be killed afterwards in that nation during peace time there. Have the perps been brought to justice yet in that nation ?? Whats taking so long I wonder, or do they have any good info or intel for us on the matter ? Obama losing the military in his corner for their vote, is going to be a tough one to overcome now, and this because he will lose them if they smell a rat in this Bengazi boondoggle. If they can't trust the President and nation in which they are fighting for, then a new President will be elected out of the smoke from it all.

They sent Hillary to Peru and she's taking it for the team in a $3000 per night hotel away from the American media.

I'd take it for the team too if I had that choice. :eusa_shifty:

The trust between the military and their commander and chief, along with the administration is paramount in this nation. To lose this trust is the end for any President to have another shot at it for them to go for it again. To much at stake for these kinds of mistakes, and our military is not to be toyed with.

The trust between the military and their commander and chief, along with the administration is paramount in this nation. To lose this trust is the end for any President to have another shot at it for them to go for it again. To much at stake for these kinds of mistakes, and our military is not to be toyed with.

The military is being ex-ed out.

They'll play hell trying to get a chance to vote in time.

Oh, and I've been overseas in a hostile fire zone at the mercy of a Democrat president. It is not a very good feeling. Being in a HFZ is bad enough by itself, but knowing that you won't get what you need to defend yourself kind of eats at you after awhile.

The military is being ex-ed out.

They'll play hell trying to get a chance to vote in time.

Oh, and I've been overseas in a hostile fire zone at the mercy of a Democrat president. It is not a very good feeling. Being in a HFZ is bad enough by itself, but knowing that you won't get what you need to defend yourself kind of eats at you after awhile.
Politics and war never mix, but it has become the norm anymore sadly enough. Fighting with ones hand tied behind ones back, while the enemy is promoted to use what ever tactic nessesary in such a situation, and is even made excuses for, has become a major fail.

The damn debate has not even started and you're already making excuses for Romney? :lol:

This nation has been blessed over the many years of it's existance and through it's forming, and it has been led out of the darkness on many occassion and into the light, but it is being challenged now more so than it ever has been before, and if we are all not careful, we will take two steps backward and one small slow crawl forward in trying to survive this mess in which we have going in this nation now today.

Forum List

Back