The New Racism: First you deny racism exists

Colorblind Ideology Is a Form of Racism

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

At its face value, colorblindness seems like a good thing — really taking MLK seriously on his call to judge people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. It focuses on commonalities between people, such as their shared humanity.

However, colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism.

Problems with the colorblind approach
Racism? Strong words, yes, but let's look the issue straight in its partially unseeing eye. In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives.

Let's break it down into simple terms: Color-Blind = "People of color — we don't see you (at least not that bad ‘colored' part)." As a person of color, I like who I am, and I don't want any aspect of that to be unseen or invisible. The need for colorblindness implies there is something shameful about the way God made me and the culture I was born into that we shouldn't talk about. Thus, colorblindness has helped make race into a taboo topic that polite people cannot openly discuss. And if you can't talk about it, you can't understand it, much less fix the racial problems that plague our society.

I thought racism required power and authority. Now you're telling us colorblind ideology is racism? Which is it going to be?

You've seen evidence of modern white racism and you still play ducking stupid. Grow up, man up, or shut up

Nothing I've said in any of our discussions denies modern white racism. All I ever did was point out that blacks can be racist too. Besides, you're the one who said racism requires power and authority, not me. It seems you change the parameters as it suits you.
I will say this, if nothing else, it will be quite entertaining to watch you come up with new and interesting ways for whites to be racist.

Anyway, in the article on racist colorblind ideology it says:

"Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity."

So if a white person treats blacks as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity, it's racist. But if a black guy spits on you because you're white, either you made it up (lied) or it was justified because he's angry at whites (it was my fault) or it's simply not racism (blacks can't be racist!).

I'm not the one who needs to grow up.

Last edited:

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

At its face value, colorblindness seems like a good thing — really taking MLK seriously on his call to judge people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. It focuses on commonalities between people, such as their shared humanity.

However, colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism.

Racism? Strong words, yes, but let's look the issue straight in its partially unseeing eye. In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives.

Let's break it down into simple terms: Color-Blind = "People of color — we don't see you (at least not that bad ‘colored' part)." As a person of color, I like who I am, and I don't want any aspect of that to be unseen or invisible. The need for colorblindness implies there is something shameful about the way God made me and the culture I was born into that we shouldn't talk about. Thus, colorblindness has helped make race into a taboo topic that polite people cannot openly discuss. And if you can't talk about it, you can't understand it, much less fix the racial problems that plague our society.

I thought racism required power and authority. Now you're telling us colorblind ideology is racism? Which is it going to be?

You've seen evidence of modern white racism and you still play ducking stupid. Grow up, man up, or shut up

Nothing I've said in any of our discussions denies modern white racism. All I ever did was point out that blacks can be racist too. Besides, you're the one who said racism requires power and authority, not me. It seems you change the parameters as it suits you.
I will say this, if nothing else, it will be quite entertaining to watch you come up with new and interesting ways for whites to be racist.

"Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity."

So if a white person treats blacks as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity, it's racist. But if a black guy spits on you because you're white, either you made it up (lied) or it was justified because he's angry at whites (it was my fault) or it's simply not racism (blacks can't be racist!).

Jerks come in every color.

Yes. But why won't he admit this? Ah, but there's the rub.

I’ll say what racism is not. It is not complaining about racism directed at blacks by whites. It is not the angry response to the built in disrespect of a persons humanity by the race that thinks they are superior either. It is not the animosity built up in those who have been the ones disrespected by the race that thinks they are superior. A lot of whites do not seem to understand what white racism has done and then want to quickly call racism the angry reaction, responses and animosity created by white racism.

Learn that. Because you're dumb. You haven't done the research to even know what I'm talking abut much less call something racist. You are unequipped for this kind of discussion but you get to run your mouth so you do. But opinion is not fact and what you call racism is not.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. [no kind of ignorant -- willful or circumstantial]
Harlan Ellison
:blahblah:

I hear you, sister! :gives:

If you don't give a fuck, why are you posting? To show me you don't give a fuck? And what's that supposed to do to me?

To show you that you are an asshole, and that is why people don't like you. It's not because you're black, or old or stupid. It's because you are an asshole.

LOL! And who doesn't like me? You? A few other racists here I couldn't give a damn about? This ain't no dating website fool. I don't give a damn what you don't like. We are in the race and racism section of a forum, you and others here are racists, so you get my worst side.

It amazes me, that you calling someone a vile insult, based on no evidence, is something that we are expected to treat as though it is a reasonable debating point.

And if we dare to actually respond in the manner that your vile insults deserve, ie to point out what a worthless piece of shit you are, then we are supposedly the bad guys for making a personal attack.

Hypothetically, of course. NOte the use of the word "if".

I am an American of northern European background and Roman Catholic heritage on both sides. My ties with the continent of Africa probably ended with Lucy. But I must recognize your point. I see a trend of simply denying that anything has ever gone wrong.

No group has ever done anything evil to another group of people, according to this fable, which says that there was never any slavery or Jim Crow, nor "sundown" towns, and certainly no lynchings, there was never any Holocaust and any organized effort to kill people for the crime of being Jewish (and of course, no reference to the lynching of Leo Frank), there has been, and is, no effort to enslave female people for purposes of sex entertainment and producing babies, there is no effort to exclude LGBT people from general society....

NO ONE says this.

Why are you lying?

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

You need to grow up because you took one sentence out of the article to try discrediting the point I'm making. I don't have to invent new and interesting anything for whites be racist. You will now g on to hat one line argue day after day instead of discussing the article and what it means. Probably because you can't understand what's being said.

Notice the words in red. You don't want to discuss the fact whites can ignore racism in American life due to your power and privilege. Instead of recognizing this you and the other whites who have no experience in the field of race relations, sociology or human behavior will continue to ignore this and will hang on to that one sentence in order to build a strawman. This is why it is difficult to debate people who are not equipped to discuss things like his from a position of knowledge. .

You purposefully ignore this as well. But you want to talk about a situation where you got spit on for what you did to a person on a job that angered them. You claim you went to a racist school because you went to an all black school in the 1960s and blacks just had to be racist because they did not like you. The fact those backs had endured a lifetime of overt racism by law do not factor into your mind but your desire to be a victim of black racism did so they just had to be racists. So until you learn the ability to look deeper into things likes that are very complicated and post up simple opinions based on a simple minded way of thinking because you want tp deny the racism of whites then you do need to man up. Because when we talk about white racism you can look into every possible reason why it cannot be, but for us we are just racist and hate whites just because they at white. Not because of things whites have done AND KEEP DOING, oh no we must forget or ignore this and believe its all in the past even as we see how its being done now just because whites says so.

Personally I'm tired of whites like you and others here with your 2 wrongs don't make a right bullshit. Whites like that always want to say that and ignore the fact there is a first wrong which continues and is being reacted was reacted to. Until whites such as you and many others here can recognize that, you do need to grow up.

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

You need to grow up because you took one sentence out of the article to try discrediting the point I'm making. I don't have to invent new and interesting anything for whites be racist. You will now g on to hat one line argue day after day instead of discussing the article and what it means. Probably because you can't understand what's being said.

It isn't the article that I'm criticizing or discrediting, it's your previous remarks about racism. You said that power and authority are REQUIRED for racism and now you tell us that, essentially, merely trying not to be racist is racist.

In the previous thread I cited examples of black racism so you had to remove all other elements and leave just the one that you needed to remove blacks from the equation and absolves them of the sin of racism: power and authority. Then you start a new thread on white racism but in this one, power and authority are no longer required, you just have to try not to be racist.

And you said I was being disingenuous.

Last edited:
The racists in his thread keep taking about how things are in the past. But you see, we're here in 2018 and as we see by the existence of these many treads in this section it is not. Racism is done differently today. These guys seem to think that because we do not se no blacks allowed signs thy can lie and make claims. But todays racism is based on several things. A lie of being colorblind or race neutral, individualism and

"For these anti-anti-racists, accusations of racism are a greater concern than actual discrimination and prejudice against blacks and other minorities. It's not that they support racism, but that they see it as largely irrelevant to contemporary life. Any problems with minority communities, in their eyes, have more to do with cultural dysfunction, not racial inequality. Moreover, if there's a racial problem in America, it's not against minorities, it's against whites: “Caucasian is not one of the colors getting helped,” said Fox contributor Todd Starnes, attacking the president's My Brother's Keeper initiative.

As rhetoric, anti-anti-racism is popular in the conservative movement. You saw it in
Andrew Breitbart's obsession with ACORN and Shirley Sherrod and Fox News' obsession with the New Black Panthers, and you see it in some attacks on Attorney General Eric Holder, alleging discrimination against whites."-Jamelle Bouie

The New Racism: First you deny racism exists.

Bullshit, the new racism is the same old democrat crap. The plantation masters have been replaced by politicians and the chains, with the eternal victim-hood being sold to minorities by commiecrats.

The bottom line is minorities need to decide their own destiny, instead of relying on white politicians to tell them what they're capable of. Minorities have held virtually every powerful lever of government, they've seen what's possible, it's time to tell the masters to shove it and take your own path.

More lunacy.

Wow, what a well thought out, point by point, rebuttal. LMAO I see a great future for you on your third grade debate team.

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

I have noticed that most of the people who bring up the subject are Progressives and this seems to be on their mind a lot. I have never seen a Black guy bring up the subject except during a protest sponsered by a Progressive meeting or at planning meetings. E,t NAACP and and etc.
Progressives are the most racist group on the planet.

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

It isn't the article that I'm criticizing or discrediting, it's your previous remarks about racism. You said that power and authority are REQUIRED for racism and now you tell us that, essentially, merely trying not to be racist is racist.

In the previous thread I cited examples of black racism so you had to remove all other elements and leave just the one that absolves blacks of the sin of racism: power and authority. Then you start a new thread on white racism but in this one, power and authority are no longer required, you just have to try not to be racist.

You are. Are you so dumb as to think that power and authority have nothing to do with this? Does everything regarding white racism have to have the words power and authority for you to understand// Did you not read the article at all? Are you ignoring every other word in the article but the one sentence you post which you think you can use to ignore the power dynamics involved? Are you that fucking simpleminded You decided that you faced black racism, you have not been a victim of black racism. You say you went to an all black school in the 1960s with people reacting to a lifetime of legalized white racism and now cry about how they were hating you just because you were white. You cannot to this day understand how these people could dislike whites. You purposefully chose to ignore reality to come to this conclusion and this is a dangerous problem among whites like you.

Whites and blacks have not lived under the same set of circumstances no matter how much whites like you want to pretend it has been. I don't expect you to understand this comment nor do I expect many of the others like you here to understand it. You will all ask the dumb ass question, "what has been different for blacks than for whites", and if you have to ask hat question, you are truly not capable of debating this issue.

The racists in his thread keep taking about how things are in the past. But you see, we're here in 2018 and as we see by the existence of these many treads in this section it is not. Racism is done differently today. These guys seem to think that because we do not se no blacks allowed signs thy can lie and make claims. But todays racism is based on several things. A lie of being colorblind or race neutral, individualism and

"For these anti-anti-racists, accusations of racism are a greater concern than actual discrimination and prejudice against blacks and other minorities. It's not that they support racism, but that they see it as largely irrelevant to contemporary life. Any problems with minority communities, in their eyes, have more to do with cultural dysfunction, not racial inequality. Moreover, if there's a racial problem in America, it's not against minorities, it's against whites: “Caucasian is not one of the colors getting helped,” said Fox contributor Todd Starnes, attacking the president's My Brother's Keeper initiative.

As rhetoric, anti-anti-racism is popular in the conservative movement. You saw it in
Andrew Breitbart's obsession with ACORN and Shirley Sherrod and Fox News' obsession with the New Black Panthers, and you see it in some attacks on Attorney General Eric Holder, alleging discrimination against whites."-Jamelle Bouie

Bullshit, the new racism is the same old democrat crap. The plantation masters have been replaced by politicians and the chains, with the eternal victim-hood being sold to minorities by commiecrats.

The bottom line is minorities need to decide their own destiny, instead of relying on white politicians to tell them what they're capable of. Minorities have held virtually every powerful lever of government, they've seen what's possible, it's time to tell the masters to shove it and take your own path.

More lunacy.

Wow, what a well thought out, point by point, rebuttal. LMAO I see a great future for you on your third grade debate team.

Your post was a third grade level post, so you got a third grade level response.

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

I have noticed that most of the people who bring up the subject are Progressives and this seems to be on their mind a lot. I have never seen a Black guy bring up the subject except during a protest sponsered by a Progressive meeting or at planning meetings. E,t NAACP and and etc.

Actually conservatives are.

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

When is the last time you saw conservatives burning Dow KFC's

In the previous thread I cited examples of black racism so you had to remove all other elements and leave just the one that absolves blacks of the sin of racism: power and authority. Then you start a new thread on white racism but in this one, power and authority are no longer required, you just have to try not to be racist.

You are. Are you so dumb as to think that power and authority have nothing to do with this? Does everything regarding white racism have to have the words power and authority for you to understand//

You tell me, you're the one who said it.

So now you're also saying that power and authority are required to attempt to not be racist? Please enlighten us as to how power and authority factors in where people try not to be racist.

Did you not read the article at all?

Nope. I didn't read it because it was not germane to the point I was trying to make and in fact, I said nothing about the article itself one way or the other. I don't give a shit what the article says, I simply took note of the fact that you apparently believe what it says about colorblind racism and that it contradicts what you said before about racism requiring power and authority.

Are you ignoring every other word in the article but the one sentence you post which you think you can use to ignore the power dynamics involved? Are you that fucking simpleminded You decided that you faced black racism, you have not been a victim of black racism.

I didn't make a decision to be a victim of black racism, it just happened. "Some are born to racism and others have it thrust upon them."

I asked you before and you dodged the question: Are you calling me a liar?

Let me ask you another question: Do you honestly think that a white person who consciously tries to be accepting and tolerant of blacks is racist but that a black man spitting on a white man is not?

You say you went to an all black school in the 1960s with people reacting to a lifetime of legalized white racism and now cry about how they were hating you just because you were white. You cannot to this day understand how these people could dislike whites. You purposefully chose to ignore reality to come to this conclusion and this is a dangerous problem among whites like you.

I never said I went to an all black school. You must be thinking of someone else.

Whites and blacks have not lived under the same set of circumstances no matter how much whites like you want to pretend it has been. I don't expect you to understand this comment nor do I expect many of the others like you here to understand it. You will all ask the dumb ass question, "what has been different for blacks than for whites", and if you have to ask hat question, you are truly not capable of debating this issue.

I never said anything about whites and blacks having lived under the same circumstances and in fact, I know they haven't. You either have me confused with someone else or you are so consumed by your anger and resentment towards white people that you have lost all perspective and are unable to read my comments objectively.

You have misinterpreted my posts at almost every turn and conflated my words to where I appear to be saying much more than I am. I never denied the history of white racism and oppression; I never said whites and blacks lived under the same circumstances or denied that they did not; I told you slavery and the oppression that followed was horrible; I told you that nothing regarding the white right to vote ever came up for renewal. You pretty much twisted everything I did say into everything I did not say and vice versa.

More lunacy.

Your post was a third grade level post, so you got a third grade level response.

Yet you seem to lack the knowledge or the intelligence to counter any point I made. Maybe you should try mustering up the courage to actually have a discussion instead of playing the victim.

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

Nope. Not if we use the traditional definitions of the words.

However, if we use the new leftist definitions....where racist = non racist (which it always does when Dems use it) then you are absolutely right.

You are. Are you so dumb as to think that power and authority have nothing to do with this? Does everything regarding white racism have to have the words power and authority for you to understand// Did you not read the article at all? Are you ignoring every other word in the article but the one sentence you post which you think you can use to ignore the power dynamics involved? Are you that fucking simpleminded You decided that you faced black racism, you have not been a victim of black racism. You say you went to an all black school in the 1960s with people reacting to a lifetime of legalized white racism and now cry about how they were hating you just because you were white. You cannot to this day understand how these people could dislike whites. You purposefully chose to ignore reality to come to this conclusion and this is a dangerous problem among whites like you.

You make excuses that blacks have reason to hate whites just because they are white. If this person went to school in the 60s and was hated by blacks for being white, nothing you say can excuse their behavior toward a white kid, and yes, that is racism from those blacks. Yes, there have been centuries of racism by whites. So, you now want the innocent whites today to do what? You have also stated before that having power and control are necessary to be racist, I nor any other white person I know has the power or control over you or any other black people. Of course, you will call me nasty names, nothing new, you do that because you lie so much you strike out like a venomous snake when confronted with your lies.

By the Way IM2, this is not a white forum. Anybody of any race can post on the Race and Racism threads.

So now you're also saying that power and authority are required to attempt to not be racist? Please enlighten us as to how power and authority factors in where people try not to be racist.

It is apparent you do not have the resources necessary to understand what is being said. You are ill equipped to debate this matter but you do so not based upon fact or reason, but emotion and a race baited ideology of white victimization.

A colorblind approach allows us to deny uncomfortable cultural differences.

What is racial colorblindness?

Racial issues are often uncomfortable to discuss and rife with stress and controversy. Many ideas have been advanced to address this sore spot in the American psyche. Currently, the most pervasive approach is known as colorblindness. Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity.

Colorblindness is not the answer

Many Americans view colorblindness as helpful to people of color by asserting that race does not matter (Tarca, 2005). But in America, most underrepresented minorities will explain that race does matter, as it affects opportunities, perceptions, income, and so much more. When race-related problems arise, colorblindness tends to individualize conflicts and shortcomings, rather than examining the larger picture with cultural differences, stereotypes, and values placed into context. Instead of resulting from an enlightened (albeit well-meaning) position, colorblindness comes from a lack of awareness of racial privilege conferred by Whiteness (Tarca, 2005). White people can guiltlessly subscribe to colorblindness because they are usually unaware of how race affects people of color and American society as a whole.

Colorblindness in a psychotherapeutic relationship
How might colorblindness cause harm? Here's an example close to home for those of you who are psychologically-minded. In the not-so-distant past, in
psychotherapy a client's racial and ethnic remarks were viewed as a defensive shift away from important issues, and the therapist tended to interpret this as resistance (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991). However, such an approach hinders the exploration of conflicts related to race, ethnicity, and culture. The therapist doesn't see the whole picture, and the client is left frustrated.

A colorblind approach effectively does the same thing. Blind means not being able to see things. I don't want to be blind. I want to see things clearly, even if they make me uncomfortable. As a therapist I need to be able to hear and "see" everything my client is communicating on many different levels. I can't afford to be blind to anything. Would you want to see a surgeon who operated blindfolded? Of course not. Likewise, a therapist should not be blinded either, especially to something as critical as a person's culture or racial identity. By encouraging the exploration of racial and cultural concepts, the therapist can provide a more authentic opportunity to understand and resolve the client's problems (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991).

Nonetheless, I have encountered many fellow therapists who ascribe to a colorblind philosophy. They ignore race or pretend its personal, social, and historical effects don't exist. This approach ignores the incredibly salient experience of being stigmatized by society and represents an empathetic failure on the part of the therapist. Colorblindness does not foster equality or respect; it merely relieves the therapist of his or her obligation to address important racial differences and difficulties.

Multiculturalism is better than blindness

Research has shown that hearing colorblind messages predict negative outcomes among Whites, such as greater racial bias and negative affect; likewise colorblind messages cause stress in ethnic minorities, resulting in decreased
cognitive performance (Holoien et al., 2011). Given how much is at stake, we can no longer afford to be blind. It's time for change and growth. It's time to see.

The alternative to colorblindness is multiculturalism, an ideology that acknowledges, highlights, and celebrates ethnoracial differences. It recognizes that each tradition has something valuable to offer. It is not afraid to see how others have suffered as a result of racial conflict or differences.

So, how do we become multicultural? The following suggestions would make a good start (McCabe, 2011):

1. Recognizing and valuing differences,
  2. Teaching and learning about differences, and
  3. Fostering personal friendships and organizational alliances
Moving from colorblindness to multiculturalism is a process of change, and change is never easy, but we can't afford to stay the same

It is apparent you do not have the resources necessary to understand what is being said. You are ill equipped to debate this matter but you do so not based upon fact or reason, but emotion and a race baited ideology of white victimization.

Racial issues are often uncomfortable to discuss and rife with stress and controversy. Many ideas have been advanced to address this sore spot in the American psyche. Currently, the most pervasive approach is known as colorblindness. Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity.

Many Americans view colorblindness as helpful to people of color by asserting that race does not matter (Tarca, 2005). But in America, most underrepresented minorities will explain that race does matter, as it affects opportunities, perceptions, income, and so much more. When race-related problems arise, colorblindness tends to individualize conflicts and shortcomings, rather than examining the larger picture with cultural differences, stereotypes, and values placed into context. Instead of resulting from an enlightened (albeit well-meaning) position, colorblindness comes from a lack of awareness of racial privilege conferred by Whiteness (Tarca, 2005). White people can guiltlessly subscribe to colorblindness because they are usually unaware of how race affects people of color and American society as a whole.

How might colorblindness cause harm? Here's an example close to home for those of you who are psychologically-minded. In the not-so-distant past, in
psychotherapy a client's racial and ethnic remarks were viewed as a defensive shift away from important issues, and the therapist tended to interpret this as resistance (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991). However, such an approach hinders the exploration of conflicts related to race, ethnicity, and culture. The therapist doesn't see the whole picture, and the client is left frustrated.

A colorblind approach effectively does the same thing. Blind means not being able to see things. I don't want to be blind. I want to see things clearly, even if they make me uncomfortable. As a therapist I need to be able to hear and "see" everything my client is communicating on many different levels. I can't afford to be blind to anything. Would you want to see a surgeon who operated blindfolded? Of course not. Likewise, a therapist should not be blinded either, especially to something as critical as a person's culture or racial identity. By encouraging the exploration of racial and cultural concepts, the therapist can provide a more authentic opportunity to understand and resolve the client's problems (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991).

Nonetheless, I have encountered many fellow therapists who ascribe to a colorblind philosophy. They ignore race or pretend its personal, social, and historical effects don't exist. This approach ignores the incredibly salient experience of being stigmatized by society and represents an empathetic failure on the part of the therapist. Colorblindness does not foster equality or respect; it merely relieves the therapist of his or her obligation to address important racial differences and difficulties.

Research has shown that hearing colorblind messages predict negative outcomes among Whites, such as greater racial bias and negative affect; likewise colorblind messages cause stress in ethnic minorities, resulting in decreased
cognitive performance (Holoien et al., 2011). Given how much is at stake, we can no longer afford to be blind. It's time for change and growth. It's time to see.

The alternative to colorblindness is multiculturalism, an ideology that acknowledges, highlights, and celebrates ethnoracial differences. It recognizes that each tradition has something valuable to offer. It is not afraid to see how others have suffered as a result of racial conflict or differences.

So, how do we become multicultural? The following suggestions would make a good start (McCabe, 2011):

Moving from colorblindness to multiculturalism is a process of change, and change is never easy, but we can't afford to stay the same

It's lame that you can't user your own words, and that you have to post such a wall of text to make a simple and stupid point.

It's lame that you can't user your own words, and that you have to post such a wall of text to make a simple and stupid point.

You say nothing when the other white racists post up long posts. Say nothing now.

Forum List

Back