The New Racism: First you deny racism exists

One could say the same shit about black people for most the part.

I only look down at people when they're blowing each other away and acting like idiots.

I only look down at people when they're blowing each other away and acting like idiots.

I don't think so.

Whites blow each other away and act stupid so what's your point?

not many deny it exists----just not in the quantity that is in your mind
you claim racism for anything and everything

I don't think so.

Whites blow each other away and act stupid so what's your point?
..blacks murder at over 4 times the rate of whites--FOUR times--obviously the blacks have a huge ''problem'' there
..from 1980 to 2008 they committed murder almost EIGHT times the rate of whites
..blacks commit hate crimes at TWICE the rate of whites
..blacks rape at over TWICE the rate of whites
..remember --facts--not hate

Last edited:
Colorblind Ideology Is a Form of Racism

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

At its face value, colorblindness seems like a good thing — really taking MLK seriously on his call to judge people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. It focuses on commonalities between people, such as their shared humanity.

However, colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism.

Problems with the colorblind approach
Racism? Strong words, yes, but let's look the issue straight in its partially unseeing eye. In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives.

Let's break it down into simple terms: Color-Blind = "People of color — we don't see you (at least not that bad ‘colored' part)." As a person of color, I like who I am, and I don't want any aspect of that to be unseen or invisible. The need for colorblindness implies there is something shameful about the way God made me and the culture I was born into that we shouldn't talk about. Thus, colorblindness has helped make race into a taboo topic that polite people cannot openly discuss. And if you can't talk about it, you can't understand it, much less fix the racial problems that plague our society.

The racists in his thread keep taking about how things are in the past. But you see, we're here in 2018 and as we see by the existence of these many treads in this section it is not. Racism is done differently today. These guys seem to think that because we do not se no blacks allowed signs thy can lie and make claims. But todays racism is based on several things. A lie of being colorblind or race neutral, individualism and

"For these anti-anti-racists, accusations of racism are a greater concern than actual discrimination and prejudice against blacks and other minorities. It's not that they support racism, but that they see it as largely irrelevant to contemporary life. Any problems with minority communities, in their eyes, have more to do with cultural dysfunction, not racial inequality. Moreover, if there's a racial problem in America, it's not against minorities, it's against whites: “Caucasian is not one of the colors getting helped,” said Fox contributor Todd Starnes, attacking the president's My Brother's Keeper initiative.

As rhetoric, anti-anti-racism is popular in the conservative movement. You saw it in
Andrew Breitbart's obsession with ACORN and Shirley Sherrod and Fox News' obsession with the New Black Panthers, and you see it in some attacks on Attorney General Eric Holder, alleging discrimination against whites."-Jamelle Bouie

The New Racism: First you deny racism exists.
I hope it does. Judge by person to person. Respect is earned not given.

racism is the least of your worries
blacks murder over 8 blacks every DAY
blacks graduate at lower levels

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

At its face value, colorblindness seems like a good thing — really taking MLK seriously on his call to judge people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. It focuses on commonalities between people, such as their shared humanity.

However, colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism.

Racism? Strong words, yes, but let's look the issue straight in its partially unseeing eye. In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives.

Let's break it down into simple terms: Color-Blind = "People of color — we don't see you (at least not that bad ‘colored' part)." As a person of color, I like who I am, and I don't want any aspect of that to be unseen or invisible. The need for colorblindness implies there is something shameful about the way God made me and the culture I was born into that we shouldn't talk about. Thus, colorblindness has helped make race into a taboo topic that polite people cannot openly discuss. And if you can't talk about it, you can't understand it, much less fix the racial problems that plague our society.

I have noticed that most of the people who bring up the subject are Progressives and this seems to be on their mind a lot. I have never seen a Black guy bring up the subject except during a protest sponsered by a Progressive meeting or at planning meetings. E,t NAACP and and etc.

The racists in his thread keep taking about how things are in the past. But you see, we're here in 2018 and as we see by the existence of these many treads in this section it is not. Racism is done differently today. These guys seem to think that because we do not se no blacks allowed signs thy can lie and make claims. But todays racism is based on several things. A lie of being colorblind or race neutral, individualism and

"For these anti-anti-racists, accusations of racism are a greater concern than actual discrimination and prejudice against blacks and other minorities. It's not that they support racism, but that they see it as largely irrelevant to contemporary life. Any problems with minority communities, in their eyes, have more to do with cultural dysfunction, not racial inequality. Moreover, if there's a racial problem in America, it's not against minorities, it's against whites: “Caucasian is not one of the colors getting helped,” said Fox contributor Todd Starnes, attacking the president's My Brother's Keeper initiative.

As rhetoric, anti-anti-racism is popular in the conservative movement. You saw it in
Andrew Breitbart's obsession with ACORN and Shirley Sherrod and Fox News' obsession with the New Black Panthers, and you see it in some attacks on Attorney General Eric Holder, alleging discrimination against whites."-Jamelle Bouie

I hope it does. Judge by person to person. Respect is earned not given.

When whites like those here start doing that, let me know.

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

I have noticed that most of the people who bring up the subject are Progressives and this seems to be on their mind a lot. I have never seen a Black guy bring up the subject except during a protest sponsered by a Progressive meeting or at planning meetings. E,t NAACP and and etc.

Why is it that you whites think you can tell me about what blacks do? I'm a Black and we most certainly do talk about this plenty. There are a lot of things w don't say to whites because if we did, the response you would probably give back would elicit a violent reaction and we'd end up in jail. So please quit thinking you can tell me what blacks do. If that's all you can do, don't reply.

Racism exists. It will always exist.

But the only relevant question is whether racism is the cause of the failure of the African American demographic to rise to the Middle Class. Clearly it is not. Massive illegitimacy is not the result of racism. Endemic criminality in the Black community is not the result of racism.. racism does not force Black Youth to drop out of school, does not prevent them from entering into the job market, does not cause them to disdain the very attitudes that could bring them into the Middle Class.

The proof of this is the absolute dearth of examples of Blacks who have been, refused a promotion because of their race, kept out of a desirable academic program...whatever.

What we do see, repeatedly, is highly visible examples of Black youths acting the fool, and being subject to expected severe reactions from The Authorities. Boo fucking who.

Racism exists. It will always exist.

But the only relevant question is whether racism is the cause of the failure of the African American demographic to rise to the Middle Class. Clearly it is not. Massive illegitimacy is not the result of racism. Endemic criminality in the Black community is not the result of racism.. racism does not force Black Youth to drop out of school, does not prevent them from entering into the job market, does not cause them to disdain the very attitudes that could bring them into the Middle Class.

The proof of this is the absolute dearth of examples of Blacks who have been, refused a promotion because of their race, kept out of a desirable academic program...whatever.

What we do see, repeatedly, is highly visible examples of Black youths acting the fool, and being subject to expected severe reactions from The Authorities. Boo fucking who.

Actually none of these things are the problem. It is difficult to debate people who really don't know what they are talking about.

Whites commit more crimes, so rampant criminality is not the reason for anything in the lack community.

“Black-on-black crime” is a term that shouldn’t exist.

There are countless white people committing crimes against white people, but “white-on-white crime” is strangely absent from the rhetoric reporting. White-on-white crime is seen in everything from elementary school shootings to world wars. Why should crimes committed by and against people of color be labelled any differently?

Kids can't answer basic questions

These are whit kids.

Whites actin a fool.

Understand what a root caus is.

A root cause is an initiating cause of either a condition or a causal chain that leads to an outcome or effect of interest. The term denotes the earliest, most basic, 'deepest', cause for a given behavior; most often a fault. The idea is that you can only see an error by its manifest signs. Those signs can be widespread, multitudinous, and convoluted, whereas the root cause leading to them often is a lot simpler.

Then understand that the root cause of the problems in the black community is white racism

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

I thought racism required power and authority. Now you're telling us colorblind ideology is racism? Which is it going to be?

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

Why is it that you whites think you can tell me about what blacks do? I'm a Black and we most certainly do talk about this plenty. There are a lot of things w don't say to whites because if we did, the response you would probably give back would elicit a violent reaction and we'd end up in jail. So please quit thinking you can tell me what blacks do. If that's all you can do, don't reply.
You are constantly telling us what whites do, and it is always negative. You would probably end up in jail because of your violent tendencies

Colour-blind racism (1970- ), also known as aversive racism, is racism that acts as if skin colour does not matter – even when it does. It is the most common form of racism among white Americans who grew up after the fall of Jim Crow in the 1960s. It takes the place of Jim Crow racism, the meaner, more naked white racism common in the 1950s and before.

Political correctness and the idea of hate speech grew out of colour-blind racism. So did the welfare queen and model minority stereotypes. It helped to spread the word “African American”.

Colour-blind racists say things like this:

• It’s not race, it’s economics …
  • It’s not race, it’s culture …
  • It’s not race, it depends on a person’s background …
  • I’m not prejudiced, but …
  • I’m not black, but …
  • One of my best friends is black.
  • My cousin married a black man.
  • I voted for Barack Obama.
  • I don’t see you as black.
And believe things like this:

• I am not racist.
  • Blacks are not willing to work hard.
  • Blacks want everything handed to them.
  • Blacks hold themselves back, not racism.
  • Blacks are unfairly favoured, whites are not.
  • Blacks do not want to live with us (or eat at our table).
  • Blacks live in the past. They need to get over it and move on.
  • Blacks need to pull themselves up from the bottom like everyone else.
  • Blacks cry racism for everything even though they are the racist ones.
Notice how white people never seem to do anything bad.

While they would agree with most of those statements, they would have a hard time saying them straight out like that. Race makes them uncomfortable. Their statements would be more long-winded and watered down, throwing in phrases like those from the first list, even the one about the cousin.

They seem to think that if they do not say the words then racism will somehow go away by magic. As if racism is just a matter of words.

They rarely think of themselves as “white” and avoid saying the word “black” in public, even when they are thinking it. Their supposed colour-blindness is a front.

For example, I have heard white people talk about someone who I knew had to be black just by the way they bent over backwards to avoid saying the word “black”. Yet when they left the room and thought I could not hear, they said “black” just as plain as day, as if they were talking about their dress.

They avoid the word “race” too. Instead they use words like “culture”, “background”, “ethnicity”. That is why they like the word “African American” so much: it seems colour-blind.

They are not as mean or violent as Jim Crow racists, nor do they wear their racism well. Unlike Jim Crow racists, they are willing to vote for a black man for president. But they still look down on blacks and still believe the stereotypes, adding some of their own.

They are not as colour-blind as they think. The only colour they are truly blind to is white.
Seems like you are saying that not being racist is racist!

Will there ever be enough racism out there to feed your anger?

Forum List

Back