The New Racism: First you deny racism exists

Colorblind Ideology Is a Form of Racism

Monnica T Williams Ph.D.
Culturally Speaking

At its face value, colorblindness seems like a good thing — really taking MLK seriously on his call to judge people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. It focuses on commonalities between people, such as their shared humanity.

However, colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism.

Problems with the colorblind approach
Racism? Strong words, yes, but let's look the issue straight in its partially unseeing eye. In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives.

Let's break it down into simple terms: Color-Blind = "People of color — we don't see you (at least not that bad ‘colored' part)." As a person of color, I like who I am, and I don't want any aspect of that to be unseen or invisible. The need for colorblindness implies there is something shameful about the way God made me and the culture I was born into that we shouldn't talk about. Thus, colorblindness has helped make race into a taboo topic that polite people cannot openly discuss. And if you can't talk about it, you can't understand it, much less fix the racial problems that plague our society.

I have noticed that most of the people who bring up the subject are Progressives and this seems to be on their mind a lot. I have never seen a Black guy bring up the subject except during a protest sponsered by a Progressive meeting or at planning meetings. E,t NAACP and and etc.
Progressives are the most racist group on the planet.

Actually conservatives are.

Nope. Not if we use the traditional definitions of the words.

However, if we use the new leftist definitions....where racist = non racist (which it always does when Dems use it) then you are absolutely right.

If we use the traditional definition of racist it only applies to conservatives.

So now you're also saying that power and authority are required to attempt to not be racist? Please enlighten us as to how power and authority factors in where people try not to be racist.

It is apparent you do not have the resources necessary to understand what is being said. You are ill equipped to debate this matter but you do so not based upon fact or reason, but emotion and a race baited ideology of white victimization.

A colorblind approach allows us to deny uncomfortable cultural differences.

What is racial colorblindness?

Racial issues are often uncomfortable to discuss and rife with stress and controversy. Many ideas have been advanced to address this sore spot in the American psyche. Currently, the most pervasive approach is known as colorblindness. Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity.

At its face value, colorblindness seems like a good thing — really taking MLK seriously on his call to judge people on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. It focuses on commonalities between people, such as their shared humanity.

However, colorblindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level. It is only a half-measure that in the end operates as a form of racism.

Racism? Strong words, yes, but let's look the issue straight in its partially unseeing eye. In a colorblind society, White people, who are unlikely to experience disadvantages due to race, can effectively ignore racism in American life, justify the current social order, and feel more comfortable with their relatively privileged standing in society (Fryberg, 2010). Most minorities, however, who regularly encounter difficulties due to race, experience colorblind ideologies quite differently. Colorblindness creates a society that denies their negative racial experiences, rejects their cultural heritage, and invalidates their unique perspectives.

Let's break it down into simple terms: Color-Blind = "People of color — we don't see you (at least not that bad ‘colored' part)." As a person of color, I like who I am, and I don't want any aspect of that to be unseen or invisible. The need for colorblindness implies there is something shameful about the way God made me and the culture I was born into that we shouldn't talk about. Thus, colorblindness has helped make race into a taboo topic that polite people cannot openly discuss. And if you can't talk about it, you can't understand it, much less fix the racial problems that plague our society.

Colorblindness is not the answer

Many Americans view colorblindness as helpful to people of color by asserting that race does not matter (Tarca, 2005). But in America, most underrepresented minorities will explain that race does matter, as it affects opportunities, perceptions, income, and so much more. When race-related problems arise, colorblindness tends to individualize conflicts and shortcomings, rather than examining the larger picture with cultural differences, stereotypes, and values placed into context. Instead of resulting from an enlightened (albeit well-meaning) position, colorblindness comes from a lack of awareness of racial privilege conferred by Whiteness (Tarca, 2005). White people can guiltlessly subscribe to colorblindness because they are usually unaware of how race affects people of color and American society as a whole.

Colorblindness in a psychotherapeutic relationship
How might colorblindness cause harm? Here's an example close to home for those of you who are psychologically-minded. In the not-so-distant past, in
psychotherapy a client's racial and ethnic remarks were viewed as a defensive shift away from important issues, and the therapist tended to interpret this as resistance (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991). However, such an approach hinders the exploration of conflicts related to race, ethnicity, and culture. The therapist doesn't see the whole picture, and the client is left frustrated.

A colorblind approach effectively does the same thing. Blind means not being able to see things. I don't want to be blind. I want to see things clearly, even if they make me uncomfortable. As a therapist I need to be able to hear and "see" everything my client is communicating on many different levels. I can't afford to be blind to anything. Would you want to see a surgeon who operated blindfolded? Of course not. Likewise, a therapist should not be blinded either, especially to something as critical as a person's culture or racial identity. By encouraging the exploration of racial and cultural concepts, the therapist can provide a more authentic opportunity to understand and resolve the client's problems (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991).

Nonetheless, I have encountered many fellow therapists who ascribe to a colorblind philosophy. They ignore race or pretend its personal, social, and historical effects don't exist. This approach ignores the incredibly salient experience of being stigmatized by society and represents an empathetic failure on the part of the therapist. Colorblindness does not foster equality or respect; it merely relieves the therapist of his or her obligation to address important racial differences and difficulties.

Multiculturalism is better than blindness

Research has shown that hearing colorblind messages predict negative outcomes among Whites, such as greater racial bias and negative affect; likewise colorblind messages cause stress in ethnic minorities, resulting in decreased
cognitive performance (Holoien et al., 2011). Given how much is at stake, we can no longer afford to be blind. It's time for change and growth. It's time to see.

The alternative to colorblindness is multiculturalism, an ideology that acknowledges, highlights, and celebrates ethnoracial differences. It recognizes that each tradition has something valuable to offer. It is not afraid to see how others have suffered as a result of racial conflict or differences.

So, how do we become multicultural? The following suggestions would make a good start (McCabe, 2011):

1. Recognizing and valuing differences,
  2. Teaching and learning about differences, and
  3. Fostering personal friendships and organizational alliances
Moving from colorblindness to multiculturalism is a process of change, and change is never easy, but we can't afford to stay the same

It's lame that you can't user your own words, and that you have to post such a wall of text to make a simple and stupid point.

You say nothing when the other white racists post up long posts. Say nothing now.

1. As I am not a racist, as you well know, and you just insulted me by calling me an asshole (ie racist) I would like to return the favor, with the minor, to you, difference that what I say is the truth. YOu are a fucking asshole.

2. Actual white racist are so rare as to not require respond. They are irrelevant fringe.

3. It is lame that you can't use your own words, and have to post such a wall of text to mak a simple and stupid point.

So now you're also saying that power and authority are required to attempt to not be racist? Please enlighten us as to how power and authority factors in where people try not to be racist.

It is apparent you do not have the resources necessary to understand what is being said. You are ill equipped to debate this matter but you do so not based upon fact or reason, but emotion and a race baited ideology of white victimization.

Racial issues are often uncomfortable to discuss and rife with stress and controversy. Many ideas have been advanced to address this sore spot in the American psyche. Currently, the most pervasive approach is known as colorblindness. Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity.

Many Americans view colorblindness as helpful to people of color by asserting that race does not matter (Tarca, 2005). But in America, most underrepresented minorities will explain that race does matter, as it affects opportunities, perceptions, income, and so much more. When race-related problems arise, colorblindness tends to individualize conflicts and shortcomings, rather than examining the larger picture with cultural differences, stereotypes, and values placed into context. Instead of resulting from an enlightened (albeit well-meaning) position, colorblindness comes from a lack of awareness of racial privilege conferred by Whiteness (Tarca, 2005). White people can guiltlessly subscribe to colorblindness because they are usually unaware of how race affects people of color and American society as a whole.

How might colorblindness cause harm? Here's an example close to home for those of you who are psychologically-minded. In the not-so-distant past, in
psychotherapy a client's racial and ethnic remarks were viewed as a defensive shift away from important issues, and the therapist tended to interpret this as resistance (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991). However, such an approach hinders the exploration of conflicts related to race, ethnicity, and culture. The therapist doesn't see the whole picture, and the client is left frustrated.

A colorblind approach effectively does the same thing. Blind means not being able to see things. I don't want to be blind. I want to see things clearly, even if they make me uncomfortable. As a therapist I need to be able to hear and "see" everything my client is communicating on many different levels. I can't afford to be blind to anything. Would you want to see a surgeon who operated blindfolded? Of course not. Likewise, a therapist should not be blinded either, especially to something as critical as a person's culture or racial identity. By encouraging the exploration of racial and cultural concepts, the therapist can provide a more authentic opportunity to understand and resolve the client's problems (Comas-Diaz & Jacobsen, 1991).

Nonetheless, I have encountered many fellow therapists who ascribe to a colorblind philosophy. They ignore race or pretend its personal, social, and historical effects don't exist. This approach ignores the incredibly salient experience of being stigmatized by society and represents an empathetic failure on the part of the therapist. Colorblindness does not foster equality or respect; it merely relieves the therapist of his or her obligation to address important racial differences and difficulties.

Research has shown that hearing colorblind messages predict negative outcomes among Whites, such as greater racial bias and negative affect; likewise colorblind messages cause stress in ethnic minorities, resulting in decreased
cognitive performance (Holoien et al., 2011). Given how much is at stake, we can no longer afford to be blind. It's time for change and growth. It's time to see.

The alternative to colorblindness is multiculturalism, an ideology that acknowledges, highlights, and celebrates ethnoracial differences. It recognizes that each tradition has something valuable to offer. It is not afraid to see how others have suffered as a result of racial conflict or differences.

So, how do we become multicultural? The following suggestions would make a good start (McCabe, 2011):

Moving from colorblindness to multiculturalism is a process of change, and change is never easy, but we can't afford to stay the same

It's lame that you can't user your own words, and that you have to post such a wall of text to make a simple and stupid point.

You say nothing when the other white racists post up long posts. Say nothing now.

1. As I am not a racist, as you well know, and you just insulted me by calling me an asshole (ie racist) I would like to return the favor, with the minor, to you, difference that what I say is the truth. YOu are a fucking asshole.

2. Actual white racist are so rare as to not require respond. They are irrelevant fringe.

3. It is lame that you can't use your own words, and have to post such a wall of text to mak a simple and stupid point.

You are a racist so be insulted. White racists are not rare, and I have used my words many times. So keep on repeating this lie to.

You'll do anything but prove your many assertions.

You are a racist so be insulted. White racists are not rare, and I have used my words many times. So keep on repeating this lie to.

1. I am not an asshole, you are. As you have demonstrated a thousand times before. Hey, want to talk about how the black voting rights were renewed in 2006? LOL!!!

2. White racist are incredibly rare. David Duke when he ran for the Presidency, got .04 percent of the national vote. That is the true power of white racism in this country.

3. Are you able to explain the contradiction between your claims that power is required to be racist, and that the color blind ideology is racist? Concisely in your own words, so your "point" doesn't get buried in partisan filler shit.

1. I am not an asshole, you are. As you have demonstrated a thousand times before. Hey, want to talk about how the black voting rights were renewed in 2006? LOL!!!

2. White racist are incredibly rare. David Duke when he ran for the Presidency, got .04 percent of the national vote. That is the true power of white racism in this country.

3. Are you able to explain the contradiction between your claims that power is required to be racist, and that the color blind ideology is racist? Concisely in your own words, so your "point" doesn't get buried in partisan filler shit.

You are a racist.

1.Would you like to show us the name and provisions of the national policy of anti white discrimination?

2.White racists are not rare. The percentage of the of the vote Duke got is not proof of it's rarity.

3. I explained it. The article explains it. And that's certainly more than you have ever done.

You are a racist.

NOpe. YOu are a liar and an asshole.

1.Would you like to show us the name and provisions of the national policy of anti white discrimination?

I've repeatedly shown you the amount of the discrimination caused by the national policies of anti white discrimination.

Your stonewalling is just you being a liar.

2.White racists are not rare. The percentage of the of the vote Duke got is not proof of it's rarity.

Really? If he had fucking won, would you be saying that was not proof of how widespread and strong it was?

LOL!

3. I explained it. The article explains it. And that's certainly more than you have ever done.

You explained nothing. And if you did, and it got buried in partisan filler shit, that's on you.

Are you able to explain the contradiction between your claims that power is required to be racist, and that the color blind ideology is racist? Concisely in your own words, so your "point" doesn't get buried in partisan filler shit.

I don't give a loose shit in a high wind about this article. But if it matters that much to you I'll give it a once over and give you my thoughts on it. But only after you've answered the question you've been dodging for days: Are you calling me a liar?

And this one: Do you honestly think that a white person who consciously tries to be accepting and tolerant of blacks is racist but that a black man spitting on a white man is not?

Until I get an answer to these questions you can just hang it up as far as my reading the article.

I don't give a loose shit in a high wind about this article. But if it matters that much to you I'll give it a once over and give you my thoughts on it. But only after you've answered the question you've been dodging for days: Are you calling me a liar?

And this one: Do you honestly think that a white person who consciously tries to be accepting and tolerant of blacks is racist but that a black man spitting on a white man is not?

Until I get an answer to these questions you can just hang it up as far as my reading the article.

That's about what I expected. You question my integrity by claiming I concocted my story of black racism but you don't even have the integrity to admit it.

That's about what I expected. You question my integrity by claiming I concocted my story of black racism but you don't even have the integrity to admit it.

I didn't question your integrity, I challenged it. You went to an all black school in he 1960s and wonder why you were not liked. Instead of realizing you were there with people who had been mistreated by whites every day of their lives, you wanted to claim you were a victim of racism. A man/woman spitting on anyone is wrong. But were you spit on because you were white, or were you spit on because you called the man out on a job site and embarrassed him whereby he got reprimanded in front of his co workers? We only have your side of the story, so you can make any claim you want.

You don't like how your views are being done but this is an example of what you racists do to us on every subject of race we present. But you want me just accept your story because you are white and what you say must be respected even while you don't respect anything we say of our experiences with white racism. We can't talk about things that happened to us 50 years ago or one of you maggots will drop in to tell us how long ago that was and how we should just get beyond that. You question our integrity every day we post, but now you want to me bow to you like your integrity is so much more valuable and should be considered. And you can't see the racism in that kind of thinking.

You are looking for excuses not to read the article. I don't give a fuck what you don't read. I've read the article and continue to study matters like this. So you can stay misinformed, ignorant and try using one line in the article to argue a point the article was not making to deny reality all you want.

If you don't give a fuck, why are you posting? To show me you don't give a fuck? And what's that supposed to do to me?

To show you that you are an asshole, and that is why people don't like you. It's not because you're black, or old or stupid. It's because you are an asshole.

LOL! And who doesn't like me? You? A few other racists here I couldn't give a damn about? This ain't no dating website fool. I don't give a damn what you don't like. We are in the race and racism section of a forum, you and others here are racists, so you get my worst side.

It amazes me, that you calling someone a vile insult, based on no evidence, is something that we are expected to treat as though it is a reasonable debating point.

And if we dare to actually respond in the manner that your vile insults deserve, ie to point out what a worthless piece of shit you are, then we are supposedly the bad guys for making a personal attack.

Hypothetically, of course. NOte the use of the word "if".

Racism doesnt exist.

You went to an all white school in the 1960s and wonder why you were not liked. Instead of realizing you were there with people who had been mistreated by blacks every day of their lives, you wanted to claim you were a victim of racism. A man/woman spitting on anyone is wrong. But were you spit on because you were black, or were you spit on because you called the man out on a job site and embarrassed him whereby he got reprimanded in front of his co workers? We only have your side of the story, so you can make any claim you want.

You don't like how your views are being done but this is an example of what you racists do to us on every subject of race we present. But you want me just accept your story because you are black and what you say must be respected even while you don't respect anything we say of our experiences with your racism. You question/verbally attack whites every day we post, but now you want to me bow to you like your integrity is so much more valuable and should be considered. And you can't see the racism in that kind of thinking.

1. As I am not a racist, as you well know, and you just insulted me by calling me an
asshole (ie racist) I would like to return the favor, with the minor, to you, difference that what I say is the truth. YOu are a fucking asshole.

2. Actual white racist are so rare as to not require respond. They are irrelevant fringe.*

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You went to an all white school in the 1960s and wonder why you were not liked. Instead of realizing you were there with people who had been mistreated by blacks every day of their lives, you wanted to claim you were a victim of racism. A man/woman spitting on anyone is wrong. But were you spit on because you were black, or were you spit on because you called the man out on a job site and embarrassed him whereby he got reprimanded in front of his co workers? We only have your side of the story, so you can make any claim you want.

You don't like how your views are being done but this is an example of what you racists do to us on every subject of race we present. But you want me just accept your story because you are black and what you say must be respected even while you don't respect anything we say of our experiences with your racism. You question/verbally attack whites every day we post, but now you want to me bow to you like your integrity is so much more valuable and should be considered. And you can't see the racism in that kind of thinking.

And this shows dumb some of these guys are. Presenting real cases of racism as documented by history, courts, per reviewed studies, public policy etc, is doubted and called racist.

I hear you, sister! :gives:

If you don't give a fuck, why are you posting? To show me you don't give a fuck? And what's that supposed to do to me?

To show you that you are an asshole, and that is why people don't like you. It's not because you're black, or old or stupid. It's because you are an asshole.

LOL! And who doesn't like me? You? A few other racists here I couldn't give a damn about? This ain't no dating website fool. I don't give a damn what you don't like. We are in the race and racism section of a forum, you and others here are racists, so you get my worst side.

It amazes me, that you calling someone a vile insult, based on no evidence, is something that we are expected to treat as though it is a reasonable debating point.

And if we dare to actually respond in the manner that your vile insults deserve, ie to point out what a worthless piece of shit you are, then we are supposedly the bad guys for making a personal attack.

Racism doesnt exist.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

I didn't question your integrity, I challenged it. You went to an all black school in he 1960s and wonder why you were not liked. Instead of realizing you were there with people who had been mistreated by whites every day of their lives, you wanted to claim you were a victim of racism.

1.) you did not "challenge" my integrity, you straight up accused me of concocting the story. Remember this from your post (#2196) on 5/8 in the "Are blacks more racist" thread?:

"You have not faced black racism. What you are dong is pretending that whites did nothing to create the anger you faced and concocted a story you can use to reduce our experiences into something that happens to everyone so we have no right to complain."

2.) You had no basis on which to accuse me of concocting the story.

3.) How much they may have been mistreated by whites was irrelevant as I did not mistreat them.

4.) They were hired to do a job and it was my job to ensure they did their job correctly and safely. If they choose to decide that everything the whitey captain does or says is just more racism then that is a personal problem and they are useless to me.

5.) You have no idea how much they had been mistreated in the first place. The black deckhand was Honduran and it is unlikely he was mistreated at all.

6.) I told you already I never went to an all black school, that I never said I did and that you're confusing me with someone else. Unless I'm mistaken it was Correll who told you this.

A man/woman spitting on anyone is wrong. But were you spit on because you were white, or were you spit on because you called the man out on a job site and embarrassed him whereby he got reprimanded in front of his co workers? We only have your side of the story, so you can make any claim you want.

There was no "job site", it was the deck of the vessel and when I talked to him, no one else was there. There were three people on shift at the time: Me, him (he was chief engineer) and one deckhand who was working in another area. Also, I didn't embarrass him, berate him or reprimand him, I simply asked him if he shouldn't be wearing gloves for the job he was doing.

You don't like how your views are being done but this is an example of what you racists do to us on every subject of race we present. But you want me just accept your story because you are white and what you say must be respected even while you don't respect anything we say of our experiences with white racism.

First off, I want you to accept my story because it's true, not because I'm white. Secondly, I never questioned black experiences with racism or downplayed them. I've only ever questioned you or challenged you on some of your claims about racism in general. I.E., that blacks can't be racist or that racism requires power and authority.

We can't talk about things that happened to us 50 years ago or one of you maggots will drop in to tell us how long ago that was and how we should just get beyond that. You question our integrity every day we post, but now you want to me bow to you like your integrity is so much more valuable and should be considered. And you can't see the racism in that kind of thinking.

"one of you maggots"? Who are you talking about? I've never said anything in that vein.

You are looking for excuses not to read the article. I don't give a fuck what you don't read. I've read the article and continue to study matters like this. So you can stay misinformed, ignorant and try using one line in the article to argue a point the article was not making to deny reality all you want.

I have no problem reading the article and I told you I would if it was what you wanted. I just needed you to stand to account for calling me a liar before we went any further. Part of the reason is that Paul Essian did the same thing you did: accused me of making the story up. Actually what he said was: "I don't believe this story for a second." When I asked him if he was calling me a liar, like you, he dodged the question.

It seems that you, Essian and ATL all have a proclivity for summarily dismissing these types of things as outright lies or fabrications without just cause. Without having been there, there's no justification for this other than that you don't want to believe that blacks can be racist.

So, if you guys are not willing to lend any credence to my related experiences, what incentive do I have to bother listening to any more of your rantings on white racism? Do you honestly think that this type of approach will garner any sincere interest?

Racism doesnt exist.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after you’ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism you’ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

LOL....
Are-you-looking-for-the-EASY-button.png

1. As I am not a racist, as you well know, and you just insulted me by calling me an
asshole (ie racist) I would like to return the favor, with the minor, to you, difference that what I say is the truth. YOu are a fucking asshole.

2. Actual white racist are so rare as to not require respond. They are irrelevant fringe.*

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, I've read the article in it entirety and I have a few thoughts.

The first thing I want to address is this:

"Colorblindness is the racial ideology that posits the best way to end discrimination is by treating individuals as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity."

I was always of the understanding that this is exactly what blacks and minorities wanted: To be treated without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity. The whole problem was that they were being treated differently because of their skin color or culture and now this woman is saying that they want to be treated differently because of their skin color or culture. (?)

Next:

"Let's break it down into simple terms: Color-Blind = "People of color — we don't see you (at least not that bad ‘colored' part)."

This remark is completely unfair. Speaking for myself, if I treat blacks equally with whites and others, it's certainly not because I see the "colored" part as "bad". I treat blacks equally because I don't think the "colored" part makes any difference where it really matters.

Next:

"And if you can't talk about it (race), you can't understand it, much less fix the racial problems that plague our society."

Talking about race problems is fine but at the end of the day, blacks still want to be treated the same. At the end of a discussion on race problems, do blacks want whites to treat them differently? Of course not. They want to be treated "as equally as possible, without regard to race, culture, or ethnicity."

Next:

"Many Americans view colorblindness as helpful to people of color by asserting that race does not matter."

It doesn't matter.

Next:

"The alternative to colorblindness is multiculturalism, an ideology that acknowledges, highlights, and celebrates ethnoracial differences."

The problem here is that the colorblind approach does not necessarily preclude multiculturalism. Who is to say that by treating a black person equally that I therefore do not acknowledge ethnoracial differences? I see and accept the differences and that is precisely why I treat them equally. This was a very large leap on her part and logical scrutiny does not bring me to that conclusion.

In sum, I feel this woman is creating a problem where there is no problem. Even if one sees and accepts the cultural differences between whites and blacks, they should still be treated equally.

I feel that the only real way to combat racism is to set an example and simply treat minorities equally. After a few generations of showing young people equal treatment, eventually you have little to no racism.

Forum List

Back