The New Political Definition of Healthcare

Is it a statement of fact?

On a case by case basis, perhaps. I don't have kids in their 20s. If I did, and they were just starting out in life, working for an employer that didn't offer health insurance, I would want to help them out. I wouldn't be concerned about someone else's need to nitpick terminology.
Have you got real good insurance now?

Yes.
Deductible

Were you under the impression that there were never deductibles prior to January 2014?

There most certainly were. Here is what happened.

"We all remember the promise – President Obama famously told us time and time again that ObamaCare would lower health insurance premiums by$2,500a year for families. But unless you’re receiving a giant subsidy from the government for your insurance, you’re not paying less in premiums, in fact, for employer sponsored plans, premiumshave risen nearly $5,000since Obama promised to cut them. What about deductibles? They haven’t decreased either. But don’t just take my word for it.

A new survey finds that in 2015 deductibles on employer-provided health plans actuallyroseby almost nine percent.

According to a new report by the Kaiser Family Foundation and the Health Research & Educational Trust, the increase brings the average deductible that workers must pay for their health insurance plans to $1,077; more than triple what it was a decade ago. As reported in the L.A. Times, “That is seven times faster than wages have risen in the same period.”

Kaiser Study: Deductibles under Obamacare rising seven times faster than inflation

"Employer-provided health plans" - there's your answer. Bossman went looking for a cheaper plan and screwed his employees.

Smart employees get off the employer's teat and take responsibility for finding their own insurance plan.

"Employer-provided health plans" - there's your answer. Bossman went looking for a cheaper plan and screwed his employees.

Smart employees get off the employer's teat and take responsibility for finding their own insurance plan.
Who's paying those subsidies?

Call me crazy, but if my boss suddenly switched to a less optimal plan and blamed it on "Obumacare," I'd consider it a warning shot.

More and more corporations are finding workarounds so that they only have to offer their top execs health insurance and leave everyone from middle management on down out in the cold.

A smart employee would start shopping now.

Personal responsibility...it's not just for breakfast anymore.

Call me crazy, but if my boss suddenly switched to a less optimal plan and blamed it on "Obumacare," I'd consider it a warning shot.

More and more corporations are finding workarounds so that they only have to offer their top execs health insurance and leave everyone from middle management on down out in the cold.

LOL - it certainly has nothing to do with ACA.

Personal responsibility? No.

Is your deductibl your deductible $5,000 more

No.

How many more personal questions do you plan to ask me? dblack freaks out if you even ask whether he has insurance. So why do you feel entitled to ask me so many questions?

No.

How many more personal questions do you plan to ask me? dblack freaks out if you even ask whether he has insurance. So why do you feel entitled to ask me so many questions?
Just trying to get your idea of a good insurances

No.

Just trying to get your idea of a good insurances

Mine works for me. /end

No.

Since you brought it up (again), I want to clarify why "dblack freaks out if you even ask whether he has insurance". It really has nothing to do with personal privacy. It's because, in the context of political debate, such personal questions are implicit accusations, and a particularly vile form of demagoguery. It's the common political idiom of "if you don't have anything to hide, you have nothing to fear" that fascists love to employ.

It's a common tactic used by authoritarians to undermine principled objections to their lust for power. They leverage an implied accusation against anyone who objects to their intrusive plans. People who object to oppressive drug laws are "potheads". People who oppose the surveillance state are "terrorist sympathizers". And people who oppose insurance mandates are "freeloaders".

This tactic is usually employed by people lacking the ability to consider policies on matters of principle, instead seeing issues through the myopic lens of how it affects them personally. They, naturally, assume everyone else has the same self-centered view that they employ. I have no patience for such amoral people.

Since you brought it up (again), I want to clarify why "dblack freaks out if you even ask whether he has insurance". It really has nothing to do with personal privacy. It's because, in the context of political debate, such personal questions are implicit accusations, and a particularly vile form of demagoguery.

Within the first week after I joined USMB, I was accused of being paid to post here. I've been accused (notably by you) of being "a shill for the insurance industry."

I am neither. And I notice how you didn't defend me when froggy asked about my insurance status. (Not that I minded his asking, because I've been very explicit in other threads in the past.)

So, to recap: I'm with Blue Shield. My premiums and deductible are manageable. As an independent contractor, I haven't had the luxury of an employer offering me the company group plan, so I've taken the responsibility for myself.

This bothers a lot of people here who've swallowed the "every librul is either as rich as Soros or living on welfare" swill.

And I don't expect you to believe any of that, but that makes it no less true.

It's also apparently beyond the ken of many RWs here that someone might be concerned about their fellow citizens and see the merits of a stronger nation. For them it's all about "Me, me, MEEEEEE!"

You're not one of those. But your steadfast dismissal of any and all data that threaten your preconceived notions is puzzling. I'll leave it at that.

I would find it absolutely amazing if a person with employer sponsored health insurance would benefit from buying his own health insurance.

I would find it absolutely amazing if a person with employer sponsored health insurance would benefit from buying his own health insurance.

All the more reason that single-payer makes more sense. :dunno:

All the more reason that single-payer makes more sense. :dunno:

I can hardly wait for the government to manage health care for all Americans. The VA healthcare for veterans would be the model for them to follow.

Forum List

Back