Just don't get sick.....

It would appear that is true now more than ever. Except now you have to hope you don't get sick due to sky rocketing insurance deductibles and premiums.

Look as with most things, this healthcare issue is not a disagreement over outcomes. Duh, we all would like health care to cost less. The disagreement is the means to that end and far as accomplishing the goal of lowering the cost of healthcare, Obamacare as a policy is simply a failure. It was a failure always, First of all it was decided not to directly address the cost of actual care. Instead it was decided to focus on insurance for paying for care, which doesn't make much sense. Then an insurance based solution is implemented that doesn't allow insurance to work the way insurance is supposed to work. There are lots of other problems and immoralities with Obamacare (essentially requiring that the healthy and young pay for the sick and old), but that's basically why it is an epic failure.

Lost Jobs, Houses, Savings: Even Insured Often Face Crushing Medical Debt

And the typical Repub will say, she should have seen this coming....Right?

And Obamacare did not change this one bit.

Evidence?

Really?
How would any 60/40 plan with today's extraordinary costs change people's financial trouble?
Or a family plan that cost between $1200 - $1400 per month with a $6000 deductible change it??

ACA is anything but affordable unless you qualify for subsidies...PERIOD.

So now the GOP senate has voted to repeal the law. Here is the vote count for November 2016 Presidential race:

GOP= minus 15,000,000
DEM= 0

Okay, once the voting begins, the count may resume....:banana:

Evidence?

Really?
How would any 60/40 plan with today's extraordinary costs change people's financial trouble?
Or a family plan that cost between $1200 - $1400 per month with a $6000 deductible change it??

The PPACA prevents insurers from setting lifetime caps and from excluding preexisting conditions. That helps people with very expensive illnesses survive.

A big problem is ignorance. People either don't know they're eligible for subsidies or they refuse to find out because Reasons. I'm not sure what can be done about that.

A big problem is ignorance. People either don't know they're eligible for subsidies or they refuse to find out because Reasons. I'm not sure what can be done about that.

or like most people, we already have company provided insurance and watched our deductions and monthly cost rise FAST since ACA passed.

Evidence?

Really?

And then... Even the people who qualified aren't paying them.

I have had company provided insurance for 25 years.
Throughout the 90's our deduction was $500...I am not sure, but at some point it went to $1000 I would guess about 2005, but we received a $500 "bridge" health account...so in fact it was still really $500.
In 2008 it went to $1500 with the same $500 bridge. It stayed that way until 2009.
In 2009 it went to $2000, but the bridge also went up to $750.
In 2010 it went up to $2500.
In 2012 it went up to $3000.
In 2013 the health bridge was eliminated...stayed at $3000
No change in 2014.
In 2015 it went to $3500, the health bridge was reinstated but held to $500.
So to recap our deduction stayed at $500 for about 17 years.
ACA passed and our deduction has went up 500%.

I an among many, many, many others.

Throughout the 90's our deduction was $500...I am not sure, but at some point it went to $1000 I would guess about 2005, but we received a $500 "bridge" health account...so in fact it was still really $500.
In 2008 it went to $1500 with the same $500 bridge. It stayed that way until 2009.
No change in 2014.

Among many, many, many others, you were fortunate to work for a company that offered a group plan. Many, many, many others were not as fortunate. I realize that comes under "I don't care about anyone else," but there it is.

I'm guessing you never, never, never considered trying to find a better plan through the marketplace exchange sites. Much more productive to just whine on a message board.

No change in 2014.

Among many, many, many others, you were fortunate to work for a company that offered a group plan. Many, many, many others were not as fortunate. I realize that comes under "I don't care about anyone else," but there it is.

I'm guessing you never, never, never considered trying to find a better plan through the marketplace exchange sites. Much more productive to just whine on a message board.

And end up with crappy insurance? ......no thanks.

Forum List

Back