The Neg Rep Rule Petition (in the form of a poll)

Should the USMB Admin get rid of the 48 hour neg rep rule and undo all sanctions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:lol: Sorry! I didn't mean to hit your big button.

Thanks for helping me understand your ethics more clearly.
I am sorry if I upset you. I was told by another poster, not a mod or an admin, that merely asking to have your rep restored did the trick.

Sure.

In reality: what Ravi is sorry about is that her tired routine has gotten exposed.

She's sorry she got called out on her own behavior.

I think there should be some clarification. At least 3 people were dinged for violating the rule and all had their rep reinstated, though one apparently blew it again.
I would like to hear what the policy will be in the future, especially in light of the fact that 85% of the board would like the rule repealed.
Does everyone get one free ride?
Do you have to whine loudly?
Who must you appeal to if dinged?

I think there should be some clarification. At least 3 people were dinged for violating the rule and all had their rep reinstated, though one apparently blew it again.
I would like to hear what the policy will be in the future, especially in light of the fact that 85% of the board would like the rule repealed.

The RULE is found in the Home Page under USMB OFFICE "Announcements and Feedback" and under (oddly enough) a heading labeled "USMB Rules & Regulations." The 7th post in that "thread" sets forth the more recent additions to the evolving rules, including the 2/48 rule for neg reps. It says:

Eleven:
In order to cut down on forum abuse of the rep system, USMB has implemented a guideline that must be followed by all members.

Rep count is set at 20 per 24 hours.

Members may NOT negatively impact the reputation of the same person more that 1 time in a 48 hour period. If a member negatively impacts another person's reputation more than 1 time in a 48 hour period (2/48 Violation) the following will happen:

All accumulated reputation will be zero'd out
Loss of all ability to give reputation (negative/positive)
Loss of all ability to receive reputation (negative/positive)

All your other privileges will remain intact. You will still be able to participate on the boards.

Be forewarned that once you have been zero'd out and lost your ability to give/receive rep, it will be PERMANENT. NO EXCEPTIONS.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/5348429-post7.html

That rule should get deep-sixed.

The RULE is found in the Home Page under USMB OFFICE "Announcements and Feedback" and under (oddly enough) a heading labeled "USMB Rules & Regulations." The 7th post in that "thread" sets forth the more recent additions to the evolving rules, including the 2/48 rule for neg reps. It says:

Eleven:
In order to cut down on forum abuse of the rep system, USMB has implemented a guideline that must be followed by all members.

Members may NOT negatively impact the reputation of the same person more that 1 time in a 48 hour period. If a member negatively impacts another person's reputation more than 1 time in a 48 hour period (2/48 Violation) the following will happen:

All your other privileges will remain intact. You will still be able to participate on the boards.

Be forewarned that once you have been zero'd out and lost your ability to give/receive rep, it will be PERMANENT. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Except when it's not permanent and exceptions are made. :thup:

Eleven:

Except when it's not permanent and exceptions are made. :thup:

Well, discretion probably should remain in the hands of the Admin and Mods. So, at the least, they could strike that provision.

But it would be better to just get rid of that whole ill-considered rule.

Before I vote, I'd like to know which posters have been sanctioned to date for violating the 48 hour bit....
is there any way to find out ?

Before I vote, I'd like to know which posters have been sanctioned to date for violating the 48 hour bit....
is there any way to find out ?

Yes, but it would require lots of work.

Or a few folks would have to tell you.

Two have had the decision rescinded.

I believe one could have had the decision rescinded but opted out of that opportunity.

And I think one got the sanction without getting an option for rescission.

There could have been others, but those four I know of.

It would be fair if everyone gets a second chance. If the Mods have been lenient on those users, they have to be fair on everyone, to avoid accusations of bias.

I don't really care about the rule, because I am patient enough to wait 48 hours!:clap2:

It would be fair if everyone gets a second chance. If the Mods have been lenient on those users, they have to be fair on everyone, to avoid accusations of bias.

I don't really care about the rule, because I am patient enough to wait 48 hours!:clap2:

The key word being 'everyone'. :thup:

mines gone but I have only neg repped anyone Once in my whole life and that was by accident and I asked for the mods to fix it.

Forum List

Back