The National Popular vote, myths of small pop states and cities.

By winner I think you are referring to Trump. I do not think he is a winner. Look at the mess he has created.

Uhhhhhh. . . . What "mess"? A growing, improving economy? Tax policy that is now enticing American companies to return to the U.S., and that is attracting trillions of dollars to America that was previously parked overseas? Putting hundreds of billions of dollars back into the pockets of middle-class families? Giving our companies a corporate income tax rate that has made them more competitive with Asian and European companies? The lowest number of unemployment claims in over 40 years? The lowest black and Hispanic unemployment rates that we've seen in decades? Exactly what "mess" are you talking about?

Cuts to all social programs, which you just might need one day, laissez -faire capitalism. Remains to be seen, the tax increased for the middle class will be eaten by increases in taxes of everything you buy and increase in prices due to tariffs. All I can see if stores laying off, of course you capitalist do not see that. All I can see if people going without healthcare and SNAP , but then again your free capitalist do not see that.

I don't understand some of you Left leaning people, I really do not.

Let me ask you something Penelope----------> What kind of car do you have? I am going to pay you 100 dollars for it, how is that!

No you say? So does that mean you won't sell me the car, or rather we have to negotiate a more equitable price for it?

You are all about ABSOLUTES.........it is either the way it is now, or the other way suggested, nothing in the middle. That is the ONLY reason you can make the case that you do! This whole debate about tariffs is NOT what is wanted, but what COULD happen without a fairer deal for America.

It is the same as--------------> there is a war, and then enemy is here.........we tell them if they do NOT move back to there, the war continues. What happens? The line is drawn somewhere in the middle, and the war ends.

I NEVER heard President Trump demand unconditional surrender on ANY trade deaL; just a renegotiation, or he will terminate the deal. What is wrong with that? Not to mention------>who is getting the better end of these deals today, and even if the other countries lost 50% of their advantage but kept the other 50%, would it NOT be in their best interests to sign the NEW deal and keep that remaining 50%, instead of having the deal terminated?

I just do not understand the Left sometimes, I really, and honestly, do not!

I understand you right wing conservatives. OH he is demanding it, but hey he got his trade name licensed in China and his son JR was just in India doing a business deal. Its not just him , its the Ryans and the freedom caucus, the new tea party.

Anyway the National Popular Vote is the only right way to vote.

We only have one day to vote in MI, and the polls shut, and that is it. Now they are taking away straight ticket voting, so the lines will be longer yet, because it takes so long to vote.

By winner I think you are referring to Trump. I do not think he is a winner. Look at the mess he has created.

Uhhhhhh. . . . What "mess"? A growing, improving economy? Tax policy that is now enticing American companies to return to the U.S., and that is attracting trillions of dollars to America that was previously parked overseas? Putting hundreds of billions of dollars back into the pockets of middle-class families? Giving our companies a corporate income tax rate that has made them more competitive with Asian and European companies? The lowest number of unemployment claims in over 40 years? The lowest black and Hispanic unemployment rates that we've seen in decades? Exactly what "mess" are you talking about?

Cuts to all social programs, which you just might need one day, laissez -faire capitalism. Remains to be seen, the tax increased for the middle class will be eaten by increases in taxes of everything you buy and increase in prices due to tariffs. All I can see if stores laying off, of course you capitalist do not see that. All I can see if people going without healthcare and SNAP , but then again your free capitalist do not see that.

I don't understand some of you Left leaning people, I really do not.

Let me ask you something Penelope----------> What kind of car do you have? I am going to pay you 100 dollars for it, how is that!

No you say? So does that mean you won't sell me the car, or rather we have to negotiate a more equitable price for it?

You are all about ABSOLUTES.........it is either the way it is now, or the other way suggested, nothing in the middle. That is the ONLY reason you can make the case that you do! This whole debate about tariffs is NOT what is wanted, but what COULD happen without a fairer deal for America.

It is the same as--------------> there is a war, and then enemy is here.........we tell them if they do NOT move back to there, the war continues. What happens? The line is drawn somewhere in the middle, and the war ends.

I NEVER heard President Trump demand unconditional surrender on ANY trade deaL; just a renegotiation, or he will terminate the deal. What is wrong with that? Not to mention------>who is getting the better end of these deals today, and even if the other countries lost 50% of their advantage but kept the other 50%, would it NOT be in their best interests to sign the NEW deal and keep that remaining 50%, instead of having the deal terminated?

I just do not understand the Left sometimes, I really, and honestly, do not!

I understand you right wing conservatives. OH he is demanding it, but hey he got his trade name licensed in China and his son JR was just in India doing a business deal. Its not just him , its the Ryans and the freedom caucus, the new tea party.

Anyway the National Popular Vote is the only right way to vote.

Hey, I just agreed with NY! We could make this happen with a give and take, and why not!

I believe you could reasonably get a political trade for voter ID, and a 3 day window to vote for elimination of the EC. Sounds like a plan!

Minority wins in the US , why? That was never the way it was suppose to be. They had 13 states when writing the USC and blacks didn't count.

I had no idea we were in a "mess." The last time I checked, which was yesterday, we have the lowest number of unemployment claims in over 40 years; we have American companies bringing hundreds of billions of dollars back to the U.S. thanks to Trump's fantastic tax cut bill; we have the lowest black and Hispanic unemployment rates in decades; we have a stock market that has gained more in Trump's 13 months than it did in Obama's last three years; we have business confidence surveys reporting vast improvement; we have foreign nations investing tens of billions of dollars in America; we have American companies moving their operations back to the U.S.; we have middle-class families able to keep $80-$300 more of their paychecks each month; we have the lowest female unemployment rate in decades; and on and on we could go. Is that the liberal idea of a "mess"?

If the left wants elections decided by majority rules so bad let’s elect the President by who wins the most states.
So with a minority of the popular vote again? No, dumbass.
Giving the elections to the national popular vote means giving the elections to the large liberal shithole cities.....forever. Fuck that!

You Republicans are not that popular hey?

In a national election, we don't have to be popular, we just have to be correct-) It is our job to prove our point, just like it yours to prove yours. As long as Americans are the ones voting, I think a national debate is an excellent idea.

The electoral college is the main reason that so many states NOW are ignored.
No state is ignored.

You could not be more wrong.

map-2016-campaign-events-v1-2016-11-7.jpg

Two-thirds of Presidential Campaign Is in Just 6 States
All states get TV campaign ads.

lol, that's not what you meant.

So TV ads would end in certain states if we went to the popular vote? Idiocy on your part.

Trump went only ONCE to California. Why? Because they knew that even if campaigning there could have gained them a million votes,

it still would have counted for zero. With a popular vote election, every vote gained there would have counted for something.

Again I ask----------> would the Left trade voter ID for elimination of the EC? That is a fair deal, is it not!
I think it would be rejected by the left. The left depends heavily on non-qualified voters even to win local elections.

So TV ads would end in certain states if we went to the popular vote? Idiocy on your part.

Trump went only ONCE to California. Why? Because they knew that even if campaigning there could have gained them a million votes,

it still would have counted for zero. With a popular vote election, every vote gained there would have counted for something.

Again I ask----------> would the Left trade voter ID for elimination of the EC? That is a fair deal, is it not!

The EC is going to go, and well it should. So worried the Pubs won't win the maj, you ought to be the last 2 GOP Presidents didn't.
The EC does protect conservatives more often than it does liberals. That is because the large shithole cities are overrun with liberalism. Most of our hard working rural residents are conservative.

I gave my voter ID opinion in post 112, what more do you want?

Then we can agree on this one. If they issue voter ID along with cutting the voting time down to 3 days, a Friday, (national holiday) Saturday, and a Sunday, I could support a removal of the EC.
I might go along with that if we could verify the authenticity of mail-in ballots and use the purple ink on the finger method of assuring that people do not get to vote more than once per election.

No matter what measures are taken, liberals will find a way to cheat.

If the left wants elections decided by majority rules so bad let’s elect the President by who wins the most states.
Giving the elections to the national popular vote means giving the elections to the large liberal shithole cities.....forever. Fuck that!

If you discount all the illegal votes, the liberals couldn't get to a popular majority.

The choices were both losers. But voters feel they HAVE to choose from an ever distressing list of losers. Until they vote on PRINCIPLES, CHARACTER, and HUMILITY --- this country is headed down...

The choices were both losers. But voters feel they HAVE to choose from an ever distressing list of losers. Until they vote on PRINCIPLES, CHARACTER, and HUMILITY --- this country is headed down...

I voted for Hillary due to the fact I did not want the 3 branches to be one, and I wanted to fix the ACA not defund it and have expanded Medicaid for all.

This is true. However, one cannot expect candidates to possess any one or all three of those characters. Trump had two of them. Hillary had none.

if you believe total BS like all you dupes do... How's the Hillary prosecution coming, dumbass?

This is true. However, one cannot expect candidates to possess any one or all three of those characters. Trump had two of them. Hillary had none.
if you believe total BS like all you dupes do... How's the Hillary prosecution coming, dumbass?

If you discount all the illegal votes, the liberals couldn't get to a popular majority.
There is no evidence of illegal voters dipstick...

Your math is only correct if you count meglomaniac power whore as character. But if you did, then Hillary would have gotten a point also.. :777:

There were TWO ex two term governors on the ballot polling about 10% in about 8 or 10 states before the conventions and debates. Those guys had all three.. SHOULD have been included in the debates.

And we wouldn't have wasted a year of our country's life watching the 2 primitive tribes in a death match.
Would have been a LOT less noise..

Forum List

Back