The "N-word" and other Euphemisms

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is if you arent Black. Sorry you arent in the club but thats the breaks. I dont get mad I cant call a woman a bitch just because I hear women calling each other bitches.

Hello, Asclepias. Do you have any concerns about President and Mrs. Obama friends or WH guests HATEFULLY denigrating girls and women as bitches?

obama white house guests.jpg

Peace.

Words always mean what people decide they mean. Words have no independent meaning, no existence 'out there' in the universe, but only in the human mind. We only know for certain what a word means today, and at best approximately what it meant at another time. We see how people use their language and we know what their words mean.
It helps communication when we agree to meanings and can count on dictionaries, etc., for information. The problem is that manipulation creeps in and communication becomes corrupted. So, the only 'absolute' reference is current use. Not a reliable or comfortable position, perhaps, but that's the way it is; relative.

Is it a kind of insult? Why?

"Afroamerican" is not correct. I faced a situation when negros from Africa, Asia or Europe were called afroamericans...looks pretty stupid.

I'm 61. As a kid, I was first taught to say, "Negroes." Then it was changed to, "Afro-Americans." Then it became, "Blacks." Now it's, "African-Americans", even when we're not referring to a Black person from America. Now THAT is ridiculous.
We are overdue for the latest MOST Politically Correct name for Black Americans. The name progression is:

Negro
Colored
Afro American
Black
African American
???

What would the new name be? How about Coffee people? Hey that's pretty good cuz there's light coffee and dark coffee and everybody likes coffee right?
The reason for the constant flux in regard to the preferred “label”; comes primarily from the left who rail against the notion of differentiating between races. It’s that foundational aversion that promotes the constant shift in what constitutes “politically correct”. For the large part despite the overwhelming empirical evidence to the contrary; they refuse to accept that race exists. As such they are incapable of having a reasoned conversation on the topic.

It is offensive
But why?

There are 3 races on earth: europeoids, negroids and mongoloid
So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
I don't see any offensive, honestly.
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?
Whites made up the term negro. We Blacks reserve the right to label ourselves. Any caucasoid brave enough to call me negro in public will need to have his stomach pumped for teeth fragments after I am done with him.

The word "negro" has existed in the Spanish vocabulary for centuries.
That would be interesting if I didnt already know it. Not sure what your point is?

You said whites made it up. You're wrong.

But why?

There are 3 races on earth: europeoids, negroids and mongoloid
So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
I don't see any offensive, honestly.
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?
Why?

Because the terms Negro, Colored and N*gger were used in Jim Crow America to demean blacks and keep them in their place. After the Civil Rights era, Blacks no longer tolerated the terms

Why do you want to use the term if it is considered Offensive?

Yet, you see nothing wrong with typing dumb Polak?
Gee, what a hypocrite, you are considering Negro is basically the same kind of word.

Let's face it, everything you do is just what ever some puppeteer tells you, you have no will, or mind of your own.
Go away

Intelligent people are talking here
What makes you think you are more intelligent than Sobseski? I don't think so. If you said you were more brainwashed than Sobeski I would even agree with you, rightwinger. And who are you to tell the people to go away or to stay?
Your pet cricket is more intelligent than sobeseki.
Sobieski suffers from inferior genes

Why?

Because the terms Negro, Colored and N*gger were used in Jim Crow America to demean blacks and keep them in their place. After the Civil Rights era, Blacks no longer tolerated the terms

Why do you want to use the term if it is considered Offensive?

Gee, what a hypocrite, you are considering Negro is basically the same kind of word.

Let's face it, everything you do is just what ever some puppeteer tells you, you have no will, or mind of your own.
Go away

What makes you think you are more intelligent than Sobseski? I don't think so. If you said you were more brainwashed than Sobeski I would even agree with you, rightwinger. And who are you to tell the people to go away or to stay?

So says the guy who cries hysterically about the word Negro, while telling dumb Polak jokes, not only does this not make logical sense upfront because it's hypocrisy, it makes even less sense because Blacks cause an enormous amount of issues in the U.S.A rather than Polish people.
Keep in mind Blacks make up a strong disproportionate amount of murders, rapes, robberies, welfare recepients in this country, and Poles obviously don't, and the proof is in Chicago which has a lot of Poles has a pretty low White murder rate, even if Black murder rates in Chicago are off the charts.

Go away

So says the guy who cries hysterically about the word Negro, while telling dumb Polak jokes, not only does this not make logical sense upfront because it's hypocrisy, it makes even less sense because Blacks cause an enormous amount of issues in the U.S.A rather than Polish people.
Keep in mind Blacks make up a strong disproportionate amount of murders, rapes, robberies, welfare recepients in this country, and Poles obviously don't, and the proof is in Chicago which has a lot of Poles has a pretty low White murder rate, even if Black murder rates in Chicago are off the charts.
You suffer from a genetic defect which impacts your intelegence. Polish people have been proven to be stupid

Blacks, Jews and Muslims have no such defect

Go away

You suffer from a genetic defect which impacts your intelegence. Polish people have been proven to be stupid

You're incredibly stupid, even too stupid for words, rather than relying on data, you just kind of Chimp out with what ever the most stupid f*cker comes up with on the TV.
You're definitely less than Human.

Oh it's so mean to say the word Negro, but dumb Polak is not.

BTW, Poland's IQ , PISA scores, and literacy rates are quite higher than Blacks, Muslims, and Israel.

You're just a genetic trash bag, and don't deserve to be treated as a fellow Human.

It is if you arent Black. Sorry you arent in the club but thats the breaks. I dont get mad I cant call a woman a bitch just because I hear women calling each other bitches.

Hello, Asclepias. Do you have any concerns about President and Mrs. Obama friends or WH guests HATEFULLY denigrating girls and women as bitches?

View attachment 220193

Peace.
Obama's friends and his State Secretary Clinton whom Dems wanted to make their president.

upload_2018-10-4_7-31-54.png

You're incredibly stupid, even too stupid for words, rather than relying on data, you just kind of Chimp out with what ever the most stupid f*cker comes up with on the TV.

BTW, Poland's IQ , PISA scores, and literacy rates are quite higher than Blacks, Muslims, and Israel.

You're just a genetic trash bag, and don't deserve to be treated as a fellow Human.
Saying the word Negro is offensive
Saying Polacks are stupid is just stating the obvious

View attachment 220193

Peace.
Obama's friends and his State Secretary Clinton whom Dems wanted to make their president.

View attachment 220206
Nice try, but Margaret Sanger never said that

Won’t stop you from posting it again though

It's Spanish for Black ... if I wanted to describe the color of my car to a Spanish-speaker, I would totally use the word Negro.

Mi carro es negro.
Automotive racist.

Negros don't like being called negro because they don't want to be reminded that they're black.

Negros don't like being called negro because they don't want to be reminded that they're black.
They don’t want to be reminded of Jim Crow America when “negroes” were forced to the back of the bus

Actually Negro just means Black, and Polak just means Polish male.

Both terms are not particularly offensive, however when you put dumb, or stupid, or criminal, or stinky before Negro, or Polak then it can certainly become offensive.

You're just too stupid to know better, you can't help yourself.

BTW. Are you actually a Negro?

Actually Negro just means Black, and Polak just means Polish male.

Both terms are not particularly offensive, however when you put dumb, or stupid, or criminal, or stinky before Negro, or Polak then it can certainly become offensive.

You're just too stupid to know better, you can't help yourself.

BTW. Are you actually a Negro?
You cannot be held responsible for a genetic defect
You did not get to pick your parents

Who really cares if you are genetically inferior to blacks, Jews and Muslims?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back