The "N-word" and other Euphemisms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm offended if someone refers to me as Jewish.

I prefer, "Hebraic American", if you don't mind.

It is offensive
But why?

There are 3 races on earth: europeoids, negroids and mongoloid
So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
I don't see any offensive, honestly.
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?
Why?

Because the terms Negro, Colored and N*gger were used in Jim Crow America to demean blacks and keep them in their place. After the Civil Rights era, Blacks no longer tolerated the terms

Why do you want to use the term if it is considered Offensive?
So, "negro: is bad but "black" is good for using.
Though both mean the same in two different languages.
From my experience on this forum the majority of American liberals keep repeating absurd without knowing it's absurd: they just hate to think for themselves and wait till their Media "chews" the upcoming information for them. They are perfect material for manipulation and a subject for Deep State rejoice.

It is offensive
But why?

So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?

Race doesn't really exist. Differences in appearance are the result of evolutionary adaptation to changes in environment, over the course of millions of years. Mankind originated in northeastern Africa (Great Rift Valley).
This theory is very doubtful though I agree that all visible differences are the result of adaptation...a kind of mutation.

It is offensive
But why?

Why?

Because the terms Negro, Colored and N*gger were used in Jim Crow America to demean blacks and keep them in their place. After the Civil Rights era, Blacks no longer tolerated the terms

Yet, you see nothing wrong with typing dumb Polak?
Gee, what a hypocrite, you are considering Negro is basically the same kind of word.

Let's face it, everything you do is just what ever some puppeteer tells you, you have no will, or mind of your own.

It is offensive
But why?

Why?

From my experience on this forum the majority of American liberals keep repeating absurd without knowing it's absurd: they just hate to think for themselves and wait till their Media "chews" the upcoming information for them. They are perfect material for manipulation and a subject for Deep State rejoice.
Ma!
Where is my tin foil hat?

Some guy on the Internet is talking Deep State

It is offensive
But why?

Why?

Gee, what a hypocrite, you are considering Negro is basically the same kind of word.

Let's face it, everything you do is just what ever some puppeteer tells you, you have no will, or mind of your own.
Go away

Intelligent people are talking here

It is offensive
But why?

Race doesn't really exist. Differences in appearance are the result of evolutionary adaptation to changes in environment, over the course of millions of years. Mankind originated in northeastern Africa (Great Rift Valley).
This theory is very doubtful though I agree that all visible differences are the result of adaptation...a kind of mutation.

Race based strictly on physical differences is hard to categorize. It could be argued that Gingers are just as entitled to be a racial category as Hispanics. More entitled in that Gingers have existed much longer than Hispanics.

How do you classify a race from an ethnicity, which could have no physical differences to persons of another ethnicity.

I use it if I want to ridicule a voting block that typically supports the filthy Democrats at 97%.

Negro is correct when speaking technical about race . Black is what i use when speaking or describing a Black person . I will not use any other phrases that divide Americans .

It is offensive
But why?

Why?

Yes...now you are getting it

Why do you insist on using the term negro if you know it is offensive ?
I don't insist on using it.
I almost don't have chance to use it as I don't see negros or blacks here in Vladivostok. But when I say negro in Russian it doesn't sound offensive while black (chorny) is very impolite.. at the same time Afroamerican sounds long and not correct.

Is it a kind of insult? Why?

"Afroamerican" is not correct. I faced a situation when negros from Africa, Asia or Europe were called afroamericans...looks pretty stupid.
Been call all of the above at one time or other. I just got tired and don't really care, but I found no one is just one thing. In case not all dark people are from Africa. I remember a case they did the DNA of females and stated that all women are from Asia. Go figure.

It is offensive
But why?

Why?

Yes...now you are getting it

Why do you insist on using the term negro if you know it is offensive ?
I don't insist on using it.
I almost don't have chance to use it as I don't see negros or blacks here in Vladivostok. But when I say negro in Russian it doesn't sound offensive while black (chorny) is very impolite.. at the same time Afroamerican sounds long and not correct.

Just say black

Even Russians understand

It is offensive
But why?

Race based strictly on physical differences is hard to categorize. It could be argued that Gingers are just as entitled to be a racial category as Hispanics. More entitled in that Gingers have existed much longer than Hispanics.

How do you classify a race from an ethnicity, which could have no physical differences to persons of another ethnicity.

I don't believe in race. Racial politics, yes, but not race.....

Negro is correct when speaking technical about race . Black is what i use when speaking or describing a Black person . I will not use any other phrases that divide Americans .
Some of the Name come from the Area they were bought from. Nigeria Somland, (no longer called) certain blacks were preferred from certain Nations.

Is it a kind of insult? Why?

"Afroamerican" is not correct. I faced a situation when negros from Africa, Asia or Europe were called afroamericans...looks pretty stupid.

I'm 61. As a kid, I was first taught to say, "Negroes." Then it was changed to, "Afro-Americans." Then it became, "Blacks." Now it's, "African-Americans", even when we're not referring to a Black person from America. Now THAT is ridiculous.
We are overdue for the latest MOST Politically Correct name for Black Americans. The name progression is:

Negro
Colored
Afro American
Black
African American
???

What would the new name be? How about Coffee people? Hey that's pretty good cuz there's light coffee and dark coffee and everybody likes coffee right?

It is offensive
But why?

Why?

Go away

Intelligent people are talking here

Western European Liberals like you bash dumb Polak , while cry about the word Negro, are like the pinnacle of lack of intelligence.
Not only is a massive hypocrisy on display. To call Polak's dumb is factually incorrect, Poland who gave us Copernicus, Marie Curie Sklodowska, Chopin, Joseph Conrad,Adam Mickiewicz, and Jan Szczepanik is so stupid, but somehow Blacks who don't have anyone like those, are equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back