The "N-word" and other Euphemisms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Why is it just fine to use this term and not the word it stands for? Is calling some an SOB less offensive than spelling it out? Conversely, why is the euphemism for Unlawful Carnal Knowledge worse than its derivation? The British invented the term WOG for Wise Old Gentlemen, itself a euphemism for more offensive terms describing the indigenous peoples of India.

Isn't it time to grow up and simply relegate these terms to the equivalent of profanity? People who use them should be shunned in a polite society, but their utterance is no cause for physical attack or criminal prosecution.

Last edited:
Have any of you (white guys) ever used the word in anger, or in jest, whether in private or actually at someone face-to-face?

Feel free to share.

Have any of you (white guys) ever used the word in anger, or in jest, whether in private or actually at someone face-to-face?

Feel free to share.

I'll never use the word again once every black person quits using it. I take it it that you've never been around black folks much? I have, alot.

It's "N..... this" and "N..... that". That's their most favorite word, next to the "F" word.

Words matter because they say who you are and what you are made of. "It took me years to understand that words are often as important as experience, because words make experience last." William Morris

'The racist, misogynist, authoritarian strain has always been there, but Trump’s candidacy has brought it into the mainstream. And media have helped.'

The Normalization of Evil in American Politics

Words are tools. I have no patience for those that insist that a certain group of people are not allowed to use some of those tools.

Feel free to share.

What word would that be, lol? Seriously, I have uttered "the word" in discussions about use of the English language and in disparagement of taboo subjects. I have never used that word to describe an individual or group, mostly because it is a meaningless vulgarity.

Words matter because they say who you are and what you are made of. "It took me years to understand that words are often as important as experience, because words make experience last." William Morris

'The racist, misogynist, authoritarian strain has always been there, but Trump’s candidacy has brought it into the mainstream. And media have helped.'

The Normalization of Evil in American Politics

Do you have any thoughts of your own on this subject?

Feel free to share.

Hello, MarcATL. I am curious to learn why you chose to ignore the OP jwoodie's question?

Peace.

n5k3kp.jpg

Why is it just fine to use this term and not the word it stands for? Is calling some an SOB less offensive than spelling it out? Conversely, why is the euphemism for Unlawful Carnal Knowledge worse than its derivation? The British invented the term WOG for Wise Old Gentlemen, itself a euphemism for more offensive terms describing the indigenous peoples of India.

Isn't it time to grow up and simply relegate these terms to the equivalent of profanity? People who use them should be shunned in a polite society, but their utterance is no cause for physical attack or criminal prosecution.

Why do whites like you have such a problem with not using that word?

Feel free to share.

I'll never use the word again once every black person quits using it. I take it it that you've never been around black folks much? I have, alot.

It's "N..... this" and "N..... that". That's their most favorite word, next to the "F" word.

Funny how whites say stuff like this. We don't feel like we have the right to call whites micks, degos, wops, guineas, limeys, kikes and pollacks just because we hear them doing it. But it seems that whites have a problem and so i'll say this: The n word is not to be used by whites. If you are white and hear blacks saying it to each other, feel free to break that rule, but then also feel free to accept the consequences that come with your decision.

Words are tools. I have no patience for those that insist that a certain group of people are not allowed to use some of those tools.

Funny how whites say stuff like this. We don't feel like we have the right to call whites micks, degos, wops, guineas, limeys, kikes and pollacks just because we hear them doing it. But it seems that whites have a problem and so i'll say this again: The n word is not to be used by whites. If you are white and hear blacks saying it to each other, feel free to break that rule, but then also feel free to accept the consequences that come with your decision.

How come it's never objectionable...

... when a nigga uses the N word?

This is why:

At no time in the history of this nation has the word ****** as used by whites ever implied anything positive. It is one of the most derogatory descriptors of a human that has ever been created. I’m not going to attempt a long dissertation about the etymology of the word. Many before me have done that. We understand it’s a word that can be traced to latin much like most of our language is. I want to look at the word as it has been used in American race relations between whites and blacks in order for whites to understand why it is unwise for them to use the word in a conversation wih a black individual.

Historically the N word has been used to by whites to describe blacks as lazy, dumb, uneducated, worthless, scum, less than human and parasites. It has stood for nothing coming out of the mouth of whites but insults and to denigrate back people. For over 240 years this has been the primary use of the word by whites. When they first started using the word, blacks could not fight back. Blacks had to take being disgraced and belittled or face beatings or death. When the lynch mobs came to get us, they were not using the word as a term of endearment. The word coming from whites has carried a belief of superiority. It was them saying they are better than us just because they exist.

Another white racist bait thread.

I say “nigga” like niggaz do.

Funny how whites say stuff like this. We don't feel like we have the right to call whites micks, degos, wops, guineas, limeys, kikes and pollacks just because we hear them doing it. But it seems that whites have a problem and so i'll say this again: The n word is not to be used by whites. If you are white and hear blacks saying it to each other, feel free to break that rule, but then also feel free to accept the consequences that come with your decision.

I wish people would quit spreading lies about the origin of the word "fuck"...

And the only reason for a white person to use the word in question, is to make a black person feel, or if not present, seem less of a person.

One more thing, it doesn't matter how black people use the word, we're not talking about black people using the word, we're talking about whit people using the word.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Feel free to share.

I have not. But people tell Jew jokes around me all the time. Doesn't bother me at all. I have two African American friends and they crack the most Jew jokes. I never say any black jokes. I think what black people went through was so terrible that even the most benign joke is wrong. The N word is a non starter. Unforgivable.

That being said, if a member of BLM or Antifa got in my face, they would regret it.

I say “nigga” like niggaz do.

Call me mick. Fuck, it's my screen name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back