The "N-word" and other Euphemisms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you (white guys) ever used the word in anger, or in jest, whether in private or actually at someone face-to-face?

Feel free to share.

I'll never use the word again once every black person quits using it. I take it it that you've never been around black folks much? I have, alot.

It's "N..... this" and "N..... that". That's their most favorite word, next to the "F" word.

Funny how whites say stuff like this. We don't feel like we have the right to call whites micks, degos, wops, guineas, limeys, kikes and pollacks just because we hear them doing it. But it seems that whites have a problem and so i'll say this: The n word is not to be used by whites. If you are white and hear blacks saying it to each other, feel free to break that rule, but then also feel free to accept the consequences that come with your decision.

Big difference: We aren't quite as sensitive about being called micks, dagos, wops, guineas, limeys, kikes or pollacks. I'm part kraut, part mick, and part limey myself.

I also find it funny how no one black here has started a thread about the terms, cracker, honky, dego, wop, limey, kraut, frog, gunnies or pollack, but this is at least the second thread I have seen where whts here are bitching because they cannot freely use the n word.

The N word is in the word filter. SO, anyone that is using any variations of it are actually bypassing the word filter, and that is against rules, like it or not. Could have warnings passed around for it.
Also, do we REALLY need yet another thread discussing and using racial slurs such a the N word?

Closed.

Is it a kind of insult? Why?

"Afroamerican" is not correct. I faced a situation when negros from Africa, Asia or Europe were called afroamericans...looks pretty stupid.

"Afroamerican" is not correct. I faced a situation when negros from Africa, Asia or Europe were called afroamericans...looks pretty stupid.
Use of the word picked back up as the Nazi crowd hijacked the government for a while last year, but they've been soundly beaten into submission. So don't worry about it too much.

It is offensive
But why?

There are 3 races on earth: europeoids, negroids and mongoloid
So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
I don't see any offensive, honestly.
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?

I'm 61. As a kid, I was first taught to say, "Negroes." Then it was changed to, "Afro-Americans." Then it became, "Blacks." Now it's, "African-Americans", even when we're not referring to a Black person from America. Now THAT's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Political correctness in USA has reached its absurd. Negro is a name of race (one of many) and the others seem to be ok. But it's really ridiculous to call a Negro African American in USA, African Frenchmen in France, African African in Africa and so on by the number of the countries existing in the world, especially now, when Negroes exist in almost all the existing countries.

Last edited:
It's Spanish for Black ... if I wanted to describe the color of my car to a Spanish-speaker, I would totally use the word Negro.

Mi carro es negro.

It is offensive
But why?

So, what is offensive to call white Europeans, black - negros, asians - mongols?
But calling all white Europeans is not correct as they might be from Americas, asia or any other continent. Mongols may be confused to nation of Mongolia, so Asian is more understandable. But negros is the most correct for calling black people, isn't it?
Why?

Because the terms Negro, Colored and N*gger were used in Jim Crow America to demean blacks and keep them in their place. After the Civil Rights era, Blacks no longer tolerated the terms

Why do you want to use the term if it is considered Offensive?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It's Spanish for Black ... if I wanted to describe the color of my car to a Spanish-speaker, I would totally use the word Negro.
I know it is Spanish word or I'd rather say Latin, but it doesn't explain why official scientific term may not be used.

Last edited:
It is offensive
But why?

Why?

Because the terms Negro, Colored and N*gger were used in Jim Crow America to demean blacks and keep them in their place. After the Civil Rights era, Blacks no longer tolerated the terms

So, "negro: is bad but "black" is good for using.
Though both mean the same in two different languages.

I have never understood why it is offensive myself.
Negro is simply Spanish for Black. Black folks don't mind being called black in English...but Spanish...now that is a step too far...lol.

It is offensive
But why?

Race doesn't really exist. Differences in appearance are the result of evolutionary adaptation to changes in environment, over the course of millions of years. Mankind originated in northeastern Africa (Great Rift Valley).

It is offensive
But why?

Why?

So, "negro: is bad but "black" is good for using.
Though both mean the same in two different languages.

Yes...now you are getting it

Why do you insist on using the term negro if you know it is offensive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back