The Multi Quote Abuse

Then well just have to learn how to manage them, won't we?
Well, let's see. I can't control the idiots that make the uber-long stretched out miles long stupid nested quotes. And I can't neg them since that option is gone.

So far I've bailed out of about 4 threads because of the ridiculousness of nested quotes.

Then well just have to learn how to manage them, won't we?
Well, let's see. I can't control the idiots that make the uber-long stretched out miles long stupid nested quotes. And I can't neg them since that option is gone.

So far I've bailed out of about 4 threads because of the ridiculousness of nested quotes.

That's simply going to be the price that poster pays, which is what I noted from the beginning. A post that's unreadable won't be read. Same thing as a poster who insists on running a 135-sentence rambling diatribe with no paragraph breaks.

Seems to me the site can't be expected to hold a poster's hand and do his work for him; the writer has to take responsibility. Part of making a point is lucid logical progression, and the other part is presentation. In other words, that's on them (the poster who puts it up).

It's the limitations of the software. Apparently it's not possible to nest-with-limits, so We the People must self-govern, so to speak. The alternative is having no context or to rely on a poster multi-quoting, which is both voluntary and erratic. And multi-quote is itself a new pattern of usage, so .... pick your poison.

It's just something to deal with.

That's simply going to be the price that poster pays, which is what I noted from the beginning. A post that's unreadable won't be read. Same thing as a poster who insists on running a 135-sentence rambling diatribe with no paragraph breaks.

Seems to me the site can't be expected to hold a poster's hand and do his work for him; the writer has to take responsibility. Part of making a point is lucid logical progression, and the other part is presentation. In other words, that's on them (the poster who puts it up).

It's the limitations of the software. Apparently it's not possible to nest-with-limits, so We the People must self-govern, so to speak. The alternative is having no context or to rely on a poster multi-quoting, which is both voluntary and erratic. And multi-quote is itself a new pattern of usage, so .... pick your poison.

I like the previous poison. And it is virtually impossible to delete the nested quotes on a touch screen.

I like the previous poison. And it is virtually impossible to delete the nested quotes on a touch screen.

I have no experience with posting from touch screens but isn't it still possible to use the keyboard?

Another pet peeve, from my days of the early internetz, is quoting pics - in particular, large or multiple pics just for the sake of responding to the poster.

Also, there is never a need to quote the entire OP just to respond to a thread. People will generally make the connection that you are commenting on the thread and not CK's tie.

Agree Pogo, g
Also, there is never a need to quote the entire OP just to respond to a thread.
big thumbs up Cabbie. Couldn't agree more. Its forum 'etiquette'. I don't like to subject the person I'm having a discussion with and those reading it to extraneous shit. I grab what I need (like I did here) and respond.

My sucking up to CK is complete for the day.

It would be nice if certain posters would refrain from replying to every post with a meme of Obama eating a banana.

It's beyond lame after the first 600 times.

"A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of a sheep."

Shouldn't that be "Fox..."? Where in the world do lions and sheep naturally co-exist? :) Plus then you'd be 'sly as a fox' instead of 'brave like a lion.'

Zen mood, sorry. :)

Another pet peeve that really gets my meter ticking is posters responding over and over to a topic with the same freaking tired response.

Move along and let someone else have a shot, you are putting everyone to sleep.

As well, I get rather sick of listening to the same girl-scouts bickering to each other in multiple threads.

My sucking up to CK is complete for the day.

It would be nice if certain posters would refrain from replying to every post with a meme of Obama eating a banana.

It's beyond lame after the first 600 times.

Oh sure, when YOU do it...:)

No, administration likes me because I give it up on the first date.

Anything to add to this discussion?

Kidding around is fine, but we should also be using this time to help each other out.

While I do like a lot of the new features (pics are a lot easier to juggle) I admit that I'm a creature of habit and not too adept at learning new tricks.

For example, I notice that all my uploaded picks of myself for the expressed purpose of trying to look like a swinging, hipster, supper-human-breading-stud, are now MIA.

Any thoughts? Was that some sort of divine retribution for 'yours truly' being a narcissistic A-hole?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Help you? I can't possibly help someone so much...Smarter and handomser than I. I'm not worthy to carry your books let alone more! I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
(prostrates himself flat on his face before you)

I dunno where our albums went. :) I like the new whatever ya call it too. More potential certainly. And not missing hte Neg system at all. Now if ya wanna be a dick you have to write it out :)

Actually have a mental image of what happened to the albums. An army of gremlins came rushing in, grabbed them, ran off with them, then popped their little grotestue heads through every picture twisting and perverting our artworks into gremlin themed distortions. :)

Ah, the defunct rep system; a nice thought, but another one of mankind's noble endeavors laid to waste by man's inexorable thirst for conquest over his would-be victors.

Fear not - you can say whatever you want with regards to your inner-most and purest thoughts without fear of being ordered to "Suck a black ...."

K, at this point I am only encouraging Delta to be off topic, later all ~

Cabbie.

Forum List

Back