The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

LOL! I am sure your probably less than high school education compares to mine. I have read the constitution, since I once got a political science degree, but I am confident you are just spewing what some other idiot told you to say to try and deflect.

I think some maturity would go a long ways to support your "education". :rolleyes:

Some of these people claiming to have received degrees in this or that need to sue their respective universities for mal practice. :) There is no way in hell that anybody who has a poli-sci degree from a competent school would write some of the stuff we are reading here.

I suspect that he had a very far left leaning professor or maybe a far left ideologue Student teacher. :D

I think some maturity would go a long ways to support your "education". :rolleyes:

Some of these people claiming to have received degrees in this or that need to sue their respective universities for mal practice. :) There is no way in hell that anybody who has a poli-sci degree from a competent school would write some of the stuff we are reading here.

I suspect that he had a very far left leaning professor or maybe a far left ideologue Student teacher. :D

Are you suggesting that a person of his self proclaimed brillance was indoctrinated? :D

I nominate the premise of this thread for Most Idiotic Thread Premise of the Year.

Indeed.

Actualy, I have been on several forms on which those mentioned at the first of this thread have actually welcome islam. One day, not in my lifetime though, their grandchildren will likely get to know what life is like under that hateful religion and its hateful god.

It amazes me that some will not tolerate a Christian doing visitation for the church knocking on their door and giving out a few tracts, but they have no problem with a religion which demands conversion at the point of a gun.

Where did you get that from? There's a lot of Muslims in the U.S., haven't seen very many trying to force people to convert.

I think the premise of this thread is spot on! There are people who will not be happy until Christians are murdered and have to hide to worship.

How do you get from "no franking for holiday cards (not just Christmas but any holiday)" to "death to Christians"?

By the way, did you know that the first English translation of the Koran was done by Thomas Jefferson?

No he didn't, that's a myth.
Jefferson had an English translation of the Koran that was published in England in 1764.

Jefferson needed that copy of the Koran because he was desperate to learn something about Islam from that religion’s written de facto standard of all things Muslim. Why? Because the United States was going to war in the early 1800s against conservative, Wahhabi-type, radical Muslims. Yes - the same type of radical jihadist's that we have today.

Jefferson also figured that the best way to learn about the political, military, social, economic, and religious agendas of America’s enemies was to read the best textbook on all things Muslim. So he read the Koran in what for his day was a state-of-the-art translation into English directly from the Arabic. Jefferson’s copy of the Koran equipped him with everything he needed to know on how to respond to the Muslim pirates.

Here is a picture of it;
$quran.jpg

this two volume set is in the the library of congress along with all of Jefferson's books.
Jefferson had acquired the largest personal collection of books in the United States. Jefferson offered to sell his library to Congress as a replacement for the collection destroyed by the British during the War of 1812. Congress purchased Jefferson's library for $23,950 in 1815. A second fire on Christmas Eve of 1851, destroyed nearly two thirds of the 6,487 volumes Congress had purchased from Jefferson.

$jefflib2.jpg

Are you suggesting that a person of his self proclaimed brillance was indoctrinated? :D

Ooooooooooooo........ what you said :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just saying he is stating about the few who decent-ed from House & Senate Chaplin's and God in the Government, from the overwhelming majority who did want God and Chaplin's in our Government at the time.

Jeeeeeesus Fukkkkkking Chryst!

The franking privilege may only be used for matters of public concern or public
service.7 It may not be used to solicit votes or contributions, to send mail regarding
political campaigns or political parties, or to mail autobiographical or holiday greeting
materials.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RS22771.pdf

Merry Christmas, MFs.

But it's funner to freak out, spew emotional diatribe and throw a tantrum rather than deal with the facts.

If you actually read about our U.S. History, you would find that Avatar and Katz are right.

LOL! I am sure your probably less than high school education compares to mine. I have read the constitution, since I once got a political science degree, but I am confident you are just spewing what some other idiot told you to say to try and deflect.

Well, since I have that too, what do suggest now?

Some of these people claiming to have received degrees in this or that need to sue their respective universities for mal practice. :) There is no way in hell that anybody who has a poli-sci degree from a competent schoo would write some of the stuff we are reading here.

Well, since you are wrong, though I never worked in the field since I decided I did not want to follow my long time family tradition of being a republican politician I went right back and got two more BAs in science and then a lot more advanced degrees and have worked in that field for over 20 years. I actually got my political science BA from Washington University, it is quite reputable, look it up.

It is a religious school, but whatever.

Just saying he is stating about the few who decent-ed from House & Senate Chaplin's and God in the Government, from the overwhelming majority who did want God and Chaplin's in our Government at the time.

I am not a he and I never said anything of the sort. Are you lying or can you not read?

I am not a he and I never said anything of the sort. Are you lying or can you not read?

I am very sorry, I made a note of it that you are a female.
Some have done that to me too.

By the way, did you know that the first English translation of the Koran was done by Thomas Jefferson?

No he didn't, that's a myth.
Jefferson had an English translation of the Koran that was published in England in 1764.

Jefferson needed that copy of the Koran because he was desperate to learn something about Islam from that religion’s written de facto standard of all things Muslim. Why? Because the United States was going to war in the early 1800s against conservative, Wahhabi-type, radical Muslims. Yes - the same type of radical jihadist's that we have today.

Jefferson also figured that the best way to learn about the political, military, social, economic, and religious agendas of America’s enemies was to read the best textbook on all things Muslim. So he read the Koran in what for his day was a state-of-the-art translation into English directly from the Arabic. Jefferson’s copy of the Koran equipped him with everything he needed to know on how to respond to the Muslim pirates.

Here is a picture of it;
View attachment 16823

this two volume set is in the the library of congress along with all of Jefferson's books.
Jefferson had acquired the largest personal collection of books in the United States. Jefferson offered to sell his library to Congress as a replacement for the collection destroyed by the British during the War of 1812. Congress purchased Jefferson's library for $23,950 in 1815. A second fire on Christmas Eve of 1851, destroyed nearly two thirds of the 6,487 volumes Congress had purchased from Jefferson.

View attachment 16824

I believe it was the First English Quran in America that was published by Jefferson. You are right that it was published in Great Britain before.

Forum List

Back