The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

Can anyone explain why the Democrats are being blamed for a law passed over 200 years ago and this recent clarification which was made by the Republicans in the House?

Do Republicans EVER use the truth and the actual facts for their stories?

The originator of this thread is a stupid person. That's all the explanation you need.

Can anyone explain why the Democrats are being blamed for a law passed over 200 years ago and this recent clarification which was made by the Republicans in the House?

The "law" that was passed over two hundred years ago would be ...?

It's not that you are dishonest. but you are clearly and without doubt quite miserably stupid.

This thread has nothing to do with a "law," you dope.

The originator of this thread is a stupid person. That's all the explanation you need.

The stupid person would be (and is) you, Carbuncle.

You just answered the imbecility of Queenie with a response that accepts his stupid supposition without question.

Since, like Queenie, you are just flatly stupid, I'll deign to explain the glaringly obvious to you again.

We have not been discussing a law at all, much less one that is over two hundred years old.

You schmuck.
lol.gif

I nominate the premise of this thread for Most Idiotic Thread Premise of the Year.

Indeed.

Actualy, I have been on several forms on which those mentioned at the first of this thread have actually welcome islam. One day, not in my lifetime though, their grandchildren will likely get to know what life is like under that hateful religion and its hateful god.

It amazes me that some will not tolerate a Christian doing visitation for the church knocking on their door and giving out a few tracts, but they have no problem with a religion which demands conversion at the point of a gun.

I think the premise of this thread is spot on! There are people who will not be happy until Christians are murdered and have to hide to worship. At that point in time, ramadan will most likely be celebrated with unlimited franking privileges.

Last edited:
For libs out there that hate Christianity and make up false claims about the Founding Fathers....their fear was a state run church like the Church of England, they did not want God taken out of the public square with private believers and churches.

You see there can never be a Church of America because of the Founding Fathers' foresight, but there should always have the right to openly worship God in the country, even if the wrong one of some religions.

no, the 'member staff', which means the 6 congressmen, review and issue rulings.....not your short cut version of ''staffers''....but hey, it's Christmas and if you want to call congressmen and congresswomen that are the franking committee member staff, ''staffers'' then it's ok with me...as long as you know they are not, ''made up of a bunch of staffers living in the make believe world'' as you stated... which implied thay were NOT congressmen/women, but simply congressional hired staffers....

Merry Christmas Grinch!

Wrong AGAIN careless4all:

It is NOT as YOU erroneously wrote "member staff."

The apostrophe followed by the "s" would be a useful clue for you.

It clearly says "member's staff." It means "possessive." It's the staff OF the "Members."

The staff of the members are staff, not elected Representatives.

But hey, it's Christmas, so if you think you can ignore the apostrophe "s" to "make" your alleged point -- and if you then want to imagine that's somehow valid -- go right ahead.

But you aren't getting off the Island of Misfit Toys that way, GI Barbie doll.

Merry Christmas to All and a Happy Humbug to Careless4all.

Careless4all?

Wow, you guys just keep on coming with those ass-cheeks squeezed so tight you turn coal into diamond!

Lame insult.

So you loved it but are too much of a pussy to admit it?

Figures.

I forgive you for your butthurt post, dumbass. 'Tis the season.

:D

Last edited:
I nominate the premise of this thread for Most Idiotic Thread Premise of the Year.

Indeed.

Actualy, I have been on several forms on which those mentioned at the first of this thread have actually welcome islam. One day, not in my lifetime though, their grandchildren will likely get to know what life is like under that hateful religion and its hateful god.

It amazes me that some will not tolerate a Christian doing visitation for the church knocking on their door and giving out a few tracts, but they have no problem with a religion which demands conversion at the point of a gun.

I think the premise of this thread is spot on! There are people who will not be happy until Christians are murdered and have to hide to worship. At that point in time, ramadan will most likely be celebrated with unlimited franking privileges.
And the Leftists of the same mindset will rejoice.

The Franking Commission changes every two years in the House, after elections.
It consists of 3 Dem's and 3 repubs.
They can make changes to the rules or leave them as is.
The Franking Committee made these rules in 1998 that are still in place today.
Guess who was on the committee in 1998?
Bill Thomas Repub
John Boehner Repub
Robert Ney Repub (indicted along with Jack Abramoff)
Steny Hoyer Dem
William Clay Dem
Martin Frost Dem

Isn't it interesting that John Boehner and Steny Hoyer was on the commission when these rules were placed and has not been changed?

It is pretty stupid and needs to be changed.
If our President can send out Merry Christmas greetings and the Senate can, then so should House members.

The founders designed a system free of religion.

Pretnd they didnt but the facts are clear

You really don't know much about the Founders, do you?

The Founders designed a system where religion was Integral. That's why they protected it from government interference.

The Constitution was designed for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to any other.

John Adams

It is probaby why the Constitution is followed less and less. It is inadequate to an amoral and non-religious people. We are more suited to the governance of dictators.

LOL! What an idiot.

If it has to do with ONE religion then its not what the founders wanted
What are YOU babbling about? The Founders only contention was that you are free to worship as you saw fit...there was to be no State Religion as there was in Britain...and you could abstain from it as well and prosper as an individual American Citizen.

And it isn't freedom FROM religion.

You need to go back to school and learn real history and shy away from revised form.

Where does this new nonsense come from, it is just obfuscating. No one thinks it is freedom from religion. This is just something people who do not have an argument say to try and make it sound like the other side does not know what they are talking about. It is lame, no only the idiots in the choir believe iit has meaning.

You really don't know much about the Founders, do you?

The Founders designed a system where religion was Integral. That's why they protected it from government interference.

The Constitution was designed for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to any other.

John Adams

It is probaby why the Constitution is followed less and less. It is inadequate to an amoral and non-religious people. We are more suited to the governance of dictators.

LOL! What an idiot.

If you actually read about our U.S. History, you would find that Avatar and Katz are right.

Holiday...you mean Holy Day...right?

Holiday is a term derivitive of religious Holy Days...Times of reflection and Religious fervor...

Holy to what religion?

And which religion had Labor Day as a Holy Day? Veterans Day? Groundhog Day? Columbus Day?
You're just plain stupid. I gave the definitions verbatim and thier origins within this thread. You should learn to read. Your argument is shallow, vapid, and off point.:eusa_hand:

You do not have a patent on being vapid, and off point. Other people can use it too.

John Adams

LOL! What an idiot.

If you actually read about our U.S. History, you would find that Avatar and Katz are right.

LOL! I am sure your probably less than high school education compares to mine. I have read the constitution, since I once got a political science degree, but I am confident you are just spewing what some other idiot told you to say to try and deflect.

You are right and peach was clearly not off topic.

The REASON that the Franking Committee forbids Congress-critters from using the phrase "Merry Christmas" in their franked mail is the idiotic liberal misconception about the nature of the Constitutional instructions to the government about religion.

What Peach pointed out was that Congress MADE Christmas Day a Federal Holiday. So it is at least passing strange that the very same Holiday cannot be acknowledged in franked Congressional mail.

I don't believe that most liberals have a misconception about the nature of the Constitutional instructions to the government about religion, I think that they are being deliberately deceptive. Except for TDM, she's completely ignorant.

Hey PrickFan (yeah you ya little cock gobbling colon jouster), why is it that we have to recognize Christmas (a uniquely Christian holiday), while ignoring the belief systems of those who are Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu or whatever?

Saying that you HAVE to use Christmas is a form of imposing Christianity, as no other faith officially celebrates it.

Christmas is not a uniquely christian holiday it is an American created holiday (as it is today), which is probably why it is federal holiday. You should read the history of it sometime. It is very interesting.

The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

The OP’s premise is idiotic and incorrect, given the fact the vast majority of liberals are Christian, and nowhere in the cited article is it documented that the policy was authorized by ‘liberals,’ or that it is in any way ‘official “liberal” policy.’

Franking Manual:

4(a). Example of Nonfrankable Items
-Birthday, anniversary, wedding, birth, retirement or condolence messages and holiday greetings are prohibited.”

The restriction with regard to holiday greetings is consistent in the context of prohibited personal messages, is prudent and appropriate given separation doctrine, and represents wise stewardship of public funds, something one would believe conservatives approve of.

Otherwise this is a non-issue, a pointless, partisan contrivance of the right.

Of course it is not the OPs fault. People buy into the boxing match that we call partisan politics and cannot see clearly anymore. Everything they do not like comes from their perceived enemy, who is really almost exactly like they are.

The Left isn't hostile to all Religion. They're only hostile to Christianity. Their preaching about 'respect' and 'tolerance' applies to all Religions except Christianity. Hating Christians is like a weird fetish for them. They just can't live without it. I know it's not rational but that is what the Left is about on Religion.

So, you think only liberals are self hating or all people in the US?

If only the Left could show as much 'respect' and 'tolerance' for Christianity as they do for all other religions? What a peaceful country we would have.

Like what? Oh you mean like Muslims? Many "leftists" like me also can't stand Islam either. It really pisses me off when so many people subjugate women in such demeaning and sometimes tragic ways.

Christianity and Islam are brothers in crime. Christianity is the older one who grew up first but still retains some of its immaturity, and Islam is the younger religion who hasn't quite matured on the same level.

Don't even fucking get me started on joke religions like Mormonism and Scientology. Though all things considered, the backstory behind them isn't that much more ridiculous than Christianity or Islam.

None of these would be much of an issue for us, except for the fact that so many practitioners try and push their religious ways on the rest of it. That goes for Christianity and Islam particularly in the world... not so much for any of the others right now.

Yet you on the Left only express vicious hate for Christians. I would believe you if i actually saw you guys expressing the same vicious hate for Islam,Judaism etc etc... I can only go by what i observe. And all your hate does seem to only be directed at Christians. You guys should probably try ditching hate and try respect & tolerance instead. I think that would change the country for the better. But hey,that's just my opinion anyway. Enjoy your Saturday and God bless.

Why does equality equal vicious hatred to you? Why do you think liberals viciously hate themselves? I have never seen that. I think some therapy might help you with these issues.

Forum List

Back