The liberals' official hostility to religion takes a strange new turn

See,i told you the Lefties here would eventually show their true colors. Just had to give this thread a little more time. They always start off claiming they don't hate Christians but then as the thread goes on,they eventually get around to their ranting & raving explaining why they do hate those dreaded Christians. So why do they even start off denying it? Who do they think they're fooling? It's actually pretty comical.

Show me where this happened... other than in your own fucked up mind.

BTW... you never answered my question... Do you display tolerance to non-christian religions, or people with no religion at all? Do you wish a Jewish person a Happy Hanukkah? Do you wish a Muslim a Happy Ramadan?

Come on really? There is something serious wrong with that poster. They obviously see things that are not there, you should just leave it.

LOL! What an idiot.

If you actually read about our U.S. History, you would find that Avatar and Katz are right.

LOL! I am sure your probably less than high school education compares to mine. I have read the constitution, since I once got a political science degree, but I am confident you are just spewing what some other idiot told you to say to try and deflect.

I have a college degree in business.
I have been interested in U.S.history since 5th grade and have read and still continue to read about our U.S. history.
Just reading the Constitution does not give you the full intent of our founder's.
Have you read the federalists paper? How about the anti federalists papers?
I'm betting not.

Did you read our Declaration of Independence?
At the end of that document is says;
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the protection of divine Providence (God)

Our founding Father's put God over the government of the U.S.A. not man.
This is why we have appointed Chaplin's, who give prayer before opening the House and Senate business each and every day.
And they are paid by the government (tax payer money at $76,511.00 every year)

In what sense? Do a disproportionate number of young boys get molested on New Year's Day?

Use your fingers for something other than picking your nose. Turn the pages of a history book.

The observation of the first day of the year according to the Julian calendar which was in use before the birth of Christ is CATHOLIC?

LOL, are you mentally handicapped?

It was originally a celebration of the Roman god Janus. Maybe it is religious, though does anyone believe in that religion anymore?

You do realize that conservatives, Republicans RULE the House of Representatives, don't you? and that this Franking committee for the House is made up of 3 republicans and 3 democrats? And that "liberals" are NOT the ones that came up with this "franking Rule" for the House?

The Senate, ruled by Liberals/Democrats CAN SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HANUKKAH ....in their CORRESPONDENCE with their constituents....

this info is in your link.

yesterday, you made a comment on the use of money...and that it is a waste to use it on corrspondence to say "Marry Christmas" especially at a time like this where people are really struggling...and every penny available should helpo the people out.

I agree.

Your thoughts on the untold amounts of money spent on decorating the White House for Christmas?

Did you see the HGTV special on it?

(this is nNOT an Obama thing. I do not hold him responsible......I am just referring to the hypocrisy of our government...)
they should cull the whole thing down imo, we are hurting financially as a nation...but repubs will probably complain about it and say Obama is the anti christ for not celebrating christmas at the whitehouse.... :D

Merry Christmas Jarhead!

Care

I am sure the Obamas own christmas decorations, as well as every other president we have had. I think we could let them put up their own or ones already owned by the government and not get new ones maybe.

Well...not to those that dont celebrate Hannukah and Christmas.....

But I dont necessarily disagree with you....but there can be an issue created with anything we say.

So where do you draw the line?

If somebody is wishing me well... I don't have a problem with it.

And if somebody inadvertantly wishes me a Merry Christmas, I dont have an issue with that either. They meant well and were offering me a positive comment.

But then again, I have never sued anyone in my life. I dont look for fault in what others do. I look at intentions.

I have sued people. I sued a hospital that told me I broke a small bone in my shoulder and gave me a lethal combination of pain killers. I also sued a business competitor for industrial espionage and stolen intellectual property. The other person I sued was Capital One, but I cannot say why as per the out of court agreement.

You know,the Nazis scapegoated the Jews once upon a time. It kind of looks like that's what the Left wingnuts are currently doing to Christians in our country. Just sayin.

This makes no sense whatsoever.

Do you know what scapegoat means?

What would they be scapegoating based upon, genius? I'd love to hear this.

Nazi references. Gotta love 'em.

That is insulting, having to share equally with other religions is not the same as genocide no matter who wants to believe it, I think everyone should just ignore that poster. It seems like a teenager to me.

The Left now seems to also hate the Jews these days. They're certainly no friend to Israel at this point. So what's going on with the Left? Why so much hate & bigotry?

That has nothing to do with Israel being a Jewish State.
It has to do with our current financial situation and our needs at home.
It is not religiuously motivated. The more the right spins the more the left will spin.
Dam...I really hate spin.

I guess if you are a liberal they think you just hate yourself no matter what you believe in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

PERFECT.

the founders would love it
The same founders that prayed in congress? Printed the first American copy of the Bible? Those same founders? I never realized a history allergy was so debilitating.

If you actually read about our U.S. History, you would find that Avatar and Katz are right.

LOL! I am sure your probably less than high school education compares to mine. I have read the constitution, since I once got a political science degree, but I am confident you are just spewing what some other idiot told you to say to try and deflect.

I have a college degree in business.
I have been interested in U.S.history since 5th grade and have read and still continue to read about our U.S. history.
Just reading the Constitution does not give you the full intent of our founder's.
Have you read the federalists paper? How about the anti federalists papers?
I'm betting not.

Did you read our Declaration of Independence?
At the end of that document is says;
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the protection of divine Providence (God)

Our founding Father's put God over the government of the U.S.A. not man.
This is why we have appointed Chaplin's, who give prayer before opening the House and Senate business each and every day.
And they are paid by the government (tax payer money at $76,511.00 every year)

How about you look up a political science BA from a US university and see what you have to read because I would say you are not much gambler. I am sorry that I insulted your intelligence because it seems like you are misunderstanding what I am saying and that is a different thing. I am saying that our style of government is not dependent on religion, I do not think there is anything that gives us freedom from religion and I do not think anyone else believes that either, and there is a separation of church and state because every writer of the constitution said at one time or another that it was the intention to keep religion out of government and government out of religion to keep each pure and the supreme court has interpreted it that way for as long as there has been a supreme court. God does not equal religion and the founding fathers used it in a way to say that it was man's providence to be free. Now, I think anyone with any constitutional knowledge either self taught or taught by another would not disagree with these things. What I was saying was idiotic is that the US system cannot survive without religion and you said the poster was right that it cannot. I am not sure if you saw what I was responding to, but that is nonsense. We would survive just fine if there was no religion here.

One small correction. The Founders did not intend to keep religion out of government or government out of religion. They intended that no religious demonimation, sect, or group would have any power over the government nor would government have any power over the people's right to believe whatever they wanted to believe about religion and exercise their religious beliefs and convictions as they chose short of violating the rights of others.

There is a very large difference between keeping religion out of government and forbidding religion to control the government. The Founders, to a man, never intended to keep religion out of government because they, to a man, believed that the Constitution would work only for a religious and moral people.

One small correction. The Founders did not intend to keep religion out of government or government out of religion. They intended that no religious demonimation, sect, or group would have any power over the government nor would government have any power over the people's right to believe whatever they wanted to believe about religion and exercise their religious beliefs and convictions as they chose short of violating the rights of others.

There is a very large difference between keeping religion out of government and forbidding religion to control the government. The Founders, to a man, never intended to keep religion out of government because they, to a man, believed that the Constitution would work only for a religious and moral people.

So, psychopaths are not afforded rights according to the constitution? Because everyone else has morals of some sort or another. It is true that they did not want any religion to control the government or government control over any religion, but they said things very similar to what I said. They talked about entanglement, keeping government and religion pure, slamming down a steel wall between the two, letting Caesar keep that which is Caesar's and giving to god that which is gods, undue influence of either on the other, and many many more. They thought about it a lot.

Separation of Church and state means;
Church protected from state control (& taxation), but church to influence the state and Government.
Government is not to endorse one religion over another.
Saying Merry Christmas is not endorsing any religion nor is saying Happy Hanukkah.

Certain Atheists group do think that they have a right to freedom from religion, in our Government.
The Wisconsin based atheist group calls themselves (Freedom from Religion Foundation)
Many Secular groups and atheists groups have been trying to get God out of our Government since the 1940's.
Our Founder's intended that we have GOD rule over our Government,to have continual blessings to our nation, not out of Government.

The Supreme Court has always ruled in favor of the Chaplin's in both House and Senate, and their salaries are paid by our taxes.

Congressmen can't say 'Merry Christmas' in mail | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

At this point, I'd ask "are you fucking kidding me?" But why bother? I already know they're serious.

Seriously absurd.
What makes "Liability" think that conservatives have the monopoly on religious beliefs, or that "liberals" are any less religious than their right-wing counterparts?

Liability (hey, that's me!) never said, suggested or implied that conservatives have any monopoly on religious beliefs or that they are less religious than conservatives.
So, your question is both stupid and a non-starter. Nicely done. :cuckoo:

What "liberals" do take seriously is the separation of church and state - a constitutional principle that the conservatives have been systematically attempting to erode for years.

Another set of untruths. JGardner is on a dishonest roll! Cool beans. Liberals may take seriously the fantasy concept of a separation of church and state, but that is NOT part of the Constitution. It is a commentary by Jefferson explaining (in a short hand way) the principle that the Church and the State should not unduly meddle in the respective affairs of the other. I am ALL for the principles of the First Amendment. It is you goofy libs who are opposed to that. Your basic malfunction seems to be premised in confusion. But there's nothing new in that.

With a presidential candidate that has repeatedly "cheated"on his wives recently leading in the Republican polls, the conservatives are hardly in a position to be lecturing anybody about religion, marriage and/or family values.

:lmao:

Riiiight. It's not like we don't have a history of shameless utterly immoral Democratics to point at. Teddy Kennedy killed a woman after driving drunk and apparently after playing hump the hostess. Bubba Clinton may have been a fucking rapist, but he was absolutely guilty of marital infidelity. Weiner was so in love with his weiner he took pictures of his weiner in a turgid state (observable through his undies) to text or e-mail to women not HIS wife.

:lol:

Your post is truly quite laughable, JG.

In any case (a) I am not a Republican and (b) I am not especially religious. Nonetheless, it is the liberals who, by and large, are most easily and readily offended by almost any display of religious belief. Ravi even starts threads about her distaste of Tebow over his religious expression. This hostility is NOT limited to just the display of religious belief by Government ("In God We Trust"). It even goes to the display of religious belief by athletes and school kids.

That is just not true. I'm sorry, but I really have a problem when people have to throw their religion in my face and lecture me about it. It comes off as extremely arrogant and phony. And conservatives do this a lot. Other people's relationship with God is none of my business. And people that brag about it are insincere and I don't believe them anyway.

As far as displaying religious beliefs, that doesn't bother me either. Where are you getting this stuff??? I'd be really happy if I had some examples, because I just don't see it.

What makes "Liability" think that conservatives have the monopoly on religious beliefs, or that "liberals" are any less religious than their right-wing counterparts?

Liability (hey, that's me!) never said, suggested or implied that conservatives have any monopoly on religious beliefs or that they are less religious than conservatives.
So, your question is both stupid and a non-starter. Nicely done. :cuckoo:

Another set of untruths. JGardner is on a dishonest roll! Cool beans. Liberals may take seriously the fantasy concept of a separation of church and state, but that is NOT part of the Constitution. It is a commentary by Jefferson explaining (in a short hand way) the principle that the Church and the State should not unduly meddle in the respective affairs of the other. I am ALL for the principles of the First Amendment. It is you goofy libs who are opposed to that. Your basic malfunction seems to be premised in confusion. But there's nothing new in that.

With a presidential candidate that has repeatedly "cheated"on his wives recently leading in the Republican polls, the conservatives are hardly in a position to be lecturing anybody about religion, marriage and/or family values.

:lmao:

Riiiight. It's not like we don't have a history of shameless utterly immoral Democratics to point at. Teddy Kennedy killed a woman after driving drunk and apparently after playing hump the hostess. Bubba Clinton may have been a fucking rapist, but he was absolutely guilty of marital infidelity. Weiner was so in love with his weiner he took pictures of his weiner in a turgid state (observable through his undies) to text or e-mail to women not HIS wife.

:lol:

Your post is truly quite laughable, JG.

In any case (a) I am not a Republican and (b) I am not especially religious. Nonetheless, it is the liberals who, by and large, are most easily and readily offended by almost any display of religious belief. Ravi even starts threads about her distaste of Tebow over his religious expression. This hostility is NOT limited to just the display of religious belief by Government ("In God We Trust"). It even goes to the display of religious belief by athletes and school kids.

That is just not true. I'm sorry, but I really have a problem when people have to throw their religion in my face and lecture me about it. It comes off as extremely arrogant and phony. And conservatives do this a lot. Other people's relationship with God is none of my business. And people that brag about it are insincere and I don't believe them anyway.

As far as displaying religious beliefs, that doesn't bother me either. Where are you getting this stuff??? I'd be really happy if I had some examples, because I just don't see it.

There are conservative and liberal religious people, Rinata, I have seen religious liberals do the same as conservatives. I for one don't throw religion in anybodys face. In fact, I don't even bring it up unless a question is asked about it, then we can have a conversation. But to rub it in anyone's face about it, isn't very christian at all.

So, psychopaths are not afforded rights according to the constitution? Because everyone else has morals of some sort or another. It is true that they did not want any religion to control the government or government control over any religion, but they said things very similar to what I said. They talked about entanglement, keeping government and religion pure, slamming down a steel wall between the two, letting Caesar keep that which is Caesar's and giving to god that which is gods, undue influence of either on the other, and many many more. They thought about it a lot.

I said nothing about who is and who is not afforded rights. The Founders, however, believed our rights come from God and therefore are inviolate. There was no 'steel wall' between government and religion, however, as they encouraged and accommodated the religious faith of those in government and approved and encouraged religious faith among all including approval of the Bible being read in schools. Again they believed the Constitution would work for only a moral and religious people. It is likely that the attempts of those who would diminish and/or attack religion and move it out of sight of anybody and also the unrelenting assault on the U.S. Constitution are not entirely coincidental.

LOL! What an idiot.

You accused me of being a High School drop out and then accused me of not having any education in our U.S. history of what the founders intended - to have GOD above man in our Government.
I stated facts not political spin.

If you have a degree in Political Science you would know that we have always had Chaplin's who open prayer each and every day in the House and the Senate.
This has been debated ever since the beginning of our nation and the Supreme Court has always upheld it. The Chaplin's have never endorsed any one particular religion over another, but provide religious belief and guidance for all of our elected officials.

LOL! What an idiot.

I think some maturity would go a long ways to support your "education". :rolleyes:

I think some maturity would go a long ways to support your "education". :rolleyes:

Some of these people claiming to have received degrees in this or that need to sue their respective universities for mal practice. :) There is no way in hell that anybody who has a poli-sci degree from a competent schoo would write some of the stuff we are reading here.

Forum List

Back