The Leon Panetta Book Tour: Criticizing President Obama

again was Obama supposed to force Iraq and Maliki?
It's called persuasive influence.
cool....again doesnt really answer the question
Actually it does.

You're too fucking dumb to realize it.
no, no it doesnt...it doesnt work like that when you understand the context of the story
I understand the context of working with foreign nationals.

You suggest to them courses of action that would benefit them. You can't make them do anything. That would make us like Russia or even ISIS.

And when they disagree and dont want to, you have to respect their wishes. America wanted out, Obama wanted out, Iraq and maliki wanted us out. There was never a deal to be made.

No he was supposed to find away around the differences that is what leadership is and what a leader does. Bush was able to make a deal with the very same Maliki.
Bush hand picked Maliki so naturally they would find a common ground, but again there was no immunity and the time table was set period. there was nothing to find when Neither Maliki or Obama wanted to really deal with each other.
It has always been the plan to have our troops in Iraq for 60 plus years according to the neocons.
Maliki was the choice of the Iraqi people he was elected by them not appointed by Bush, If Maliki wanted nothing to do with Obama it's my opinion it's because Obama was not offering enough troops to make any difference in Iraq. As for why Obama wanted nothing to do with Maliki that would be because he based the majority of his 2008 Presidential run on ending the war in Iraq and bringing the troops home extending a SOFA agreement would not accomplish that. So Obama keep his 2008 election promise to bring the troops home and end the war he also highlighted that as one of his major accomplishments in his 2012 reelection bid and at no time did he give Maliki, Bush or anyone else any credit for this he claimed it all. Now after the troops are all out the elections over and the shit starts hitting the fan the failure to extend the SOFA agreement is all Maliki's if your going to claim all the credit for doing something you don't get to pass the blame when the consequences of that action comes back to bite you in the ass.
No, see. Scumball has a narrative. IN that narrative Maliki was Bush's stooge. But he was unbendable like iron when Obama came into office. Nothing you can say, no facts you can bring, will change Scumball's version of events.
its so adorable when you try to be all adult like.
All out of arguments (that didnt take long) so you have to fart in the thread instead?

If that is the case, and I doubt it, then he would just be imitating you. Feel flattered.

It's called persuasive influence.
Actually it does.

no, no it doesnt...it doesnt work like that when you understand the context of the story

You suggest to them courses of action that would benefit them. You can't make them do anything. That would make us like Russia or even ISIS.

And when they disagree and dont want to, you have to respect their wishes. America wanted out, Obama wanted out, Iraq and maliki wanted us out. There was never a deal to be made.
Bullshit. We have to make sure we keep what we fought for. Why don't you spend some money, sacrifice American lives, and then allow me to destroy it. You can always blame someone else like Obama does.

Actually it does.

Bullshit. We have to make sure we keep what we fought for. Why don't you spend some money, sacrifice American lives, and then allow me to destroy it. You can always blame someone else like Obama does.
I blame everyone, because i see the whole picture. Cant have one without the other.
Remeber though we were touting that Iraq was stable at the time and we also thought they could defend themselves.

Actually it does.

I blame everyone, because i see the whole picture. Cant have one without the other.
Remeber though we were touting that Iraq was stable at the time and we also thought they could defend themselves.
Obama was touting that. Bush, military, and Panetta advised Obama to leave a residual force. He chose not to. Fail.

I see the far left Washington Post has to do their piece to protect Obama, just like all the loyal far left drones on this board.

More proof that the far left is not capable of any independent thought.

Actually it does.

Cool link to all the posts where you blame Obama then..

again was Obama supposed to force Iraq and Maliki?
No he was supposed to find away around the differences that is what leadership is and what a leader does. Bush was able to make a deal with the very same Maliki.
Bush hand picked Maliki so naturally they would find a common ground, but again there was no immunity and the time table was set period. there was nothing to find when Neither Maliki or Obama wanted to really deal with each other.
It has always been the plan to have our troops in Iraq for 60 plus years according to the neocons.
Maliki was the choice of the Iraqi people he was elected by them not appointed by Bush, If Maliki wanted nothing to do with Obama it's my opinion it's because Obama was not offering enough troops to make any difference in Iraq. As for why Obama wanted nothing to do with Maliki that would be because he based the majority of his 2008 Presidential run on ending the war in Iraq and bringing the troops home extending a SOFA agreement would not accomplish that. So Obama keep his 2008 election promise to bring the troops home and end the war he also highlighted that as one of his major accomplishments in his 2012 reelection bid and at no time did he give Maliki, Bush or anyone else any credit for this he claimed it all. Now after the troops are all out the elections over and the shit starts hitting the fan the failure to extend the SOFA agreement is all Maliki's if your going to claim all the credit for doing something you don't get to pass the blame when the consequences of that action comes back to bite you in the ass.
No, see. Scumball has a narrative. IN that narrative Maliki was Bush's stooge. But he was unbendable like iron when Obama came into office. Nothing you can say, no facts you can bring, will change Scumball's version of events.
its so adorable when you try to be all adult like.

You are not there yet.

The left shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth...Panetta is helping to smooth the road for Hillary. Show some fucking gratitude.:D

Forum List

Back