The Latest PR Tactic for the Left.....

Prior to the vote, Democrats and Republicans who were on the 'no' side received countless threats and intimidation. US Senators, both GOP and Dem, received hate mail, and threats of physical violence because of their intention to vote 'no'. Media silence.

Now it's passed and the media goes nuts about the same thing happening to those who voted 'yes'.

Double standards from the media? Or are left wingers playing the 'oh noes, the big bad right are coming after poor lil ol me' card?

It would be funny if it wasn't so damned pathetic.

Just sayin'.

*Sits back and waits for truthmatters to call me a 'liar'... cuz when you don't like the message, shoot the messenger is a typical Alinsky tactic.*

And all those threats came from you wingnuts. Yeah, we remember the Town Hall meetings last summer when the wingnuts scared the bejesus out of GOP senators causing them to embrace the fiction of Sarah Palin. And yes, we remember the wingnuts attending Town Hall meetings of democratic senators and disrupting them at every turn. And the media reported that, just like it reported about wingnut behavior since the bill has passed.

Now what media bias were you referring to? Just because your wittle bwain is incapable of storing detailed facts from one year to another doesn't equate to media bias.

It's hilarious to watch all the faux outrage and finger pointing...oh the evil left...oh the evil right.

Why aren't all you talking about....la de da.

Instead of putting the blame where it belongs (wingnuts) and condemning it, there is an endless charade of who's side is worse.

Why not simply condemn the behaviors?

That is the point of my post Coyote. There are idiots on either side of the aisle that use violence to try to make their point, or threaten people to get their way. The point is, these incidents can't be used to paint the whole side (either side) of the argument. These incidents are just that, incidents of stupid people doing stupid things. To actually say that the right/left embraces these actions makes you just look like a fool.

Rick

And likewise you cannot automatically dismiss the tactics of the Liberal/Marxist over the tactics of the "idiots on either side".

To state the Liberal/Marxist would not use violence is naive and beyond foolish.

I understand that you may not be this type of person so it is beyond your comprehension how others could be so mean or evil yet history is full of examples of this type of human behavior that is part of a political parties tactics.

One must remember its human nature to be violent, hence violence is used by the Liberal/Marxist to advance the cause, to continue the struggle.

Wow, it only took me one second to find a story that just happened last night. Why aren't all you Democrats talking about the bullet hole shot in Eric Cantor's office last night? Or the threatening e-mails he's been receiving?

Rep. Eric Cantor's Office Shot Into|ABC 13

Where's the outrage? I guess since these isolated incidents that happen at rallies against the health care reform paint all conservatives in a bad light, that this must be indicative of the Democrats out there.

Rick

If that's true, then it's also not acceptable behavior. None of it is.

[Waaaay off topic--your avatar: I had a '65 yellow Mustang myself for a couple of years, but it developed an overheating problem that no mechanic in Southern California could ever fix at the time. The final guess was a cracked block, which would have been an expensive proposition, so I had to let it go. Traded it for a '75 white Mustang with navy blue landau top. Great car!]

Now back to the story...

The KKK never hung blacks had they there would be videos, same goes for spitting, had the solders of Vietnam been spit on there would be thousands of photos from cell phones and digital video cameras.

Seriously, even my cheap Kodak camera takes video so where are the videos of soldiers being spit on.

You've been looking for VIDEOS of the KKK hanging blacks? There are literally thousands of sepia toned photographs taken by, um, old Kodak cameras. Video cameras didn't exist back then. Helloooooooooo???

So much intelligence yet what is more than obvious in my post you miss, if you can miss the point of someone you consider less intelligent than yourself how wrong must you be is so many things.

I got to thank you for proving my point. Should I explain the point, that because you never saw footage of people being spit on is not evidence it did not happen.

I'm sorry that I misinterpreted what you said.:redface:

I am glad you will accept my posts, that said its funny that you got to use a name like Right Winger, that speaks volumes about that content of your posts. You wish to make outrageous ugly posts and hope the ill-informed assume your not a Marxist-coward. I know I am a nut job to suggest Marxism exists outside of Der-Kapital and you will more than easily point taht out, but that is just the Marxist hiding as a coward knowing that once exposed your easily crushed.

Marxist will always have to hide and be cowards, in open fights they lose, actually they always lose, they never win, but they think they can.

Of course this user will come back with some snide remarks, maybe something real ugly about how I am a conservative conspiracy nut job and maybe this one time this ignorant liberal will believe what they post but that just shows the stupidity of so many liberals, many liberals are not smart enough to know they are following Marxist doctrine. Many Liberals are really so stupid that if a Marxist became their leader and simply called themselves a democrat many liberals are dumb enough to believe them.

hence the challenge

What was that all about? Talk about derailing the subject... Feel better?

How is simply showing others your character derailing the subject, one must understand from which position you speak to put the ignorance of your remarks in context.

And I feel much better, especially after you engaged me and thus given me one more opportunity to show the viewers of this thread who we must deal with.

As you called California's girl credentials and character into question I have thus exposed your own. So your derailing of the thread is okay but if I do the same thing, use the same tactic, then you must state I am simply "derailing the thread".

Maybe you should stop and think before you put your foot in your mouth thus showing your hypocrisy and giving credibility to my post.

Sorry, but you won't get another apology from me. This thread isn't about liberal Marxist ideology in general. There are plenty of other threads where that is discussed ad nauseam on a regular basis.

Another interesting article. I urge you to read the whole thing. It's too bad more people don't think like Eric Cantor.

On Thursday, House Minority Whip Eric Cantor of Virginia blasted back at Democratic leaders for what he said was "reprehensible" exploitation of the incidents for their political gain. He called out Maryland Rep. Chris Van Hollen, who heads the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and former Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine, who heads the Democratic National Committee, for "dangerously fanning the flames" of violent confrontation. Cantor said someone fired a bullet into the window of his own Virginia office recently. He ended his news conference with a terse declaration: "Enough is enough. It has to stop."

Tempers flare as reports of anti-Democratic violence mount - Yahoo! News

And yet another article on Eric Cantor denouncing these incidents. I respect how he's chosen to handle the shot fired at his office.

Cantor said he doesn’t release information about the incidents of his own threats to the media because it will only ratchet up violence. But he did say a bullet shot through the window in his campaign office in Richmond Monday evening, and he has received threats because he is Jewish.

Eric Cantor blames Democrats for ?fanning flames? on threats - Jake Sherman and Patrick O'Connor - POLITICO.com

Rick

Harassed because he is Jewish? Sounds like right wing Christians and white supremacists.

Prior to the vote, Democrats and Republicans who were on the 'no' side received countless threats and intimidation. US Senators, both GOP and Dem, received hate mail, and threats of physical violence because of their intention to vote 'no'. Media silence.

Now it's passed and the media goes nuts about the same thing happening to those who voted 'yes'.

Double standards from the media? Or are left wingers playing the 'oh noes, the big bad right are coming after poor lil ol me' card?

Just sayin'.

*Sits back and waits for truthmatters to call me a 'liar'... cuz when you don't like the message, shoot the messenger is a typical Alinsky tactic.*

They believe they are above the consequences of their actions like all true leftwingers do. They think they can shove something up our asses without taking an elbow to the head.

Good luck with THAT.:lol:

Really?

We won in 2008. Won enough seats to put the Healthcare Bill though. That is democracy. When you guys had these kinds of numbers, you used them to push through a tax cut for the wealthy at a time we were in two wars. How well did that work out?

Once again, Califlower Girl, link to threats made to Congressman that were going to vote no. And opposition in the primary or losing votes is not threats, that is politics.

Would you like contact details for my brother? Cuz he's been spat at - by his 'fellow Americans'. But, like all decent military, he does not react by kicking someone's ass. He smiles politely because that's what our military do.

Idiot.

Obviously, putting your brother in the middle is a last ditch effort to prove you're right. I too never saw a military person physically assaulted by spit, although there were throngs of hippie-types during that time who spit. A lot. I suspect that happened ONCE, and it then became a symbol for the anti-war movement being taken to the level of dishonoring the soldiers and Marines who fought it. Sure, it was wrong. But there has never been any footage of any of them having to wipe the spit off their faces.

I was also recently reading that women didn't burn their bras, either. There was a single incident of someone burning her bra, which, again, propelled into a national symbolism for women's rights.

Vietnam Veterans Against the War: THE VETERAN: Debunking A Myth

How does one attempt to prove a negative - that something didn't happen? This author does it by examining the positive side and failing to find any conclusive proof that it occurred. Along the way he finds many indications that it is indeed a myth.

His research examined newspapers from New York and San Francisco, as well as police reports detailing the interaction between protesters and veterans. No spitting incidents were reported, and the observers noticed that over time the veterans assumed leadership positions among the protesters. Lembcke did find newspaper reports of spitting during demonstrations in the late 1960s, but they referred to hawks spitting on anti-war protesters.

Reinforcing his myth hypothesis, Lembcke cites a Harris poll reported to Congress in 1972 that indicates 93% of returning veterans found their homecoming friendly, while only 3% found it unfriendly. The poll also reported that over 75% of returning vets were opposed to the war.

The first documented reports of being spit upon don't begin to appear until the early 1980s. According to the author, who is currently an associate professor of sociology, the time delay is a strong indication that the story is a myth

Yet another revisionist history lesson from the left.

My cousin was a Cobra pilot in Nam and he was present when he and his buddies were spit on upon there return to the states in Ca. A close friend of mine; now a long since retired SF officer was treated to the same 'Baby-killer' taunts of the fruit and nuts anti-Americans.

But setting that aside; this propaganda campaign; crying a bout all these 'threats' is the same mythical nonsense that they were doing when "it was reported, that The Secret Service was reeling from many times the number of threats being made against King Hussein than any other President..."

Of course someone eventually got around to asking the SS about it; and they said that in fact, there'd been no noticable increase in such threats; and rumors to the contrary were simply false.

SSDD... Leftists are humanists and humanists are moral relativists; and if a lie will serve their ends; then the ends justify the Lie.

Wow, it only took me one second to find a story that just happened last night. Why aren't all you Democrats talking about the bullet hole shot in Eric Cantor's office last night? Or the threatening e-mails he's been receiving?

Where's the outrage? I guess since these isolated incidents that happen at rallies against the health care reform paint all conservatives in a bad light, that this must be indicative of the Democrats out there.

Rick

[Waaaay off topic--your avatar: I had a '65 yellow Mustang myself for a couple of years, but it developed an overheating problem that no mechanic in Southern California could ever fix at the time. The final guess was a cracked block, which would have been an expensive proposition, so I had to let it go. Traded it for a '75 white Mustang with navy blue landau top. Great car!]

Now back to the story...

Now someone's getting my point other than Coyote. The point is, when this happened I made a post saying that this was not acceptable, but there are people on here saying that these incidents are indicative of the WHOLE of the GOP or Conservatives. That's just foolish, and makes the poster look foolish. What I'm saying is, this type of stuff goes on with IDIOTS from BOTH sides of the aisle, and it's unacceptable, but to condemn either party for it is just as unacceptable.

[as to your off topic: The car in the picture is currently undergoing a complete engine re-build because I too was having overheating problems all summer last summer. My conclusion is that since the block is original and the original radiator was FULL of rust, that there is rust in the block and hopefully after the block is cooked and cleaned out the rust that is there will not block the radiator anymore. Wishful thinking.]

Rick

Rick

Now back to the story...

cracked blocks are easy to diagnose, no guess work, oil leaks into the water cooling passages and turns the water a nice milk chocolate color.

Expensive for a new block, if you are completely broke yes, trading for a 75 mustang, pure stupidity.

The block was okay, most likely it was the thermostat, the clutch fan, a clogged radiator, not a cracked block.

Maybe even a vacuum leak, cracked block is too simple to figure out, no maybe about a cracked block, the mechanic should of and would of simply shown you the dipstick, pull out the dipstick and you would of seen water in the oil.

Obviously, putting your brother in the middle is a last ditch effort to prove you're right. I too never saw a military person physically assaulted by spit, although there were throngs of hippie-types during that time who spit. A lot. I suspect that happened ONCE, and it then became a symbol for the anti-war movement being taken to the level of dishonoring the soldiers and Marines who fought it. Sure, it was wrong. But there has never been any footage of any of them having to wipe the spit off their faces.

I was also recently reading that women didn't burn their bras, either. There was a single incident of someone burning her bra, which, again, propelled into a national symbolism for women's rights.

Vietnam Veterans Against the War: THE VETERAN: Debunking A Myth

How does one attempt to prove a negative - that something didn't happen? This author does it by examining the positive side and failing to find any conclusive proof that it occurred. Along the way he finds many indications that it is indeed a myth.

His research examined newspapers from New York and San Francisco, as well as police reports detailing the interaction between protesters and veterans. No spitting incidents were reported, and the observers noticed that over time the veterans assumed leadership positions among the protesters. Lembcke did find newspaper reports of spitting during demonstrations in the late 1960s, but they referred to hawks spitting on anti-war protesters.

Reinforcing his myth hypothesis, Lembcke cites a Harris poll reported to Congress in 1972 that indicates 93% of returning veterans found their homecoming friendly, while only 3% found it unfriendly. The poll also reported that over 75% of returning vets were opposed to the war.

The first documented reports of being spit upon don't begin to appear until the early 1980s. According to the author, who is currently an associate professor of sociology, the time delay is a strong indication that the story is a myth

Yet another revisionist history lesson from the left.

My cousin was a Cobra pilot in Nam and he was present when he and his buddies were spit on upon there return to the states in Ca. A close friend of mine; now a long since retired SF officer was treated to the same 'Baby-killer' taunts of the fruit and nuts anti-Americans.

But setting that aside; this propaganda campaign; crying a bout all these 'threats' is the same mythical nonsense that they were doing when "it was reported, that The Secret Service was reeling from many times the number of threats being made against King Hussein than any other President..."

Of course someone eventually got around to asking the SS about it; and they said that in fact, there'd been no noticable increase in such threats; and rumors to the contrary were simply false.

SSDD... Leftists are humanists and humanists are moral relativists; and if a lie will serve their ends; then the ends justify the Lie.

Ol Pubic, at it again. And we are to believe anything someone with a sig line like yours says?

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph
Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

Just sayin'.

They believe they are above the consequences of their actions like all true leftwingers do. They think they can shove something up our asses without taking an elbow to the head.

Really?

We won in 2008. Won enough seats to put the Healthcare Bill though. That is democracy. When you guys had these kinds of numbers, you used them to push through a tax cut for the wealthy at a time we were in two wars. How well did that work out?

Once again, Califlower Girl, link to threats made to Congressman that were going to vote no. And opposition in the primary or losing votes is not threats, that is politics.

Really? What's this "we" shit? And look what "y'all" have done, fucking commie.

Want to try again? I'll give your lame ass another shot at the title. fuckwit.

I'm damned sure not the one running around with tears all over my bib and spew in my Huggies crying that "Nanny" needs to protect me. You fucking pussy. Try standing up and being a fucking man, huh?:eusa_eh:

It's hilarious to watch all the faux outrage and finger pointing...oh the evil left...oh the evil right.

Instead of putting the blame where it belongs (wingnuts) and condemning it, there is an endless charade of who's side is worse.

That is the point of my post Coyote. There are idiots on either side of the aisle that use violence to try to make their point, or threaten people to get their way. The point is, these incidents can't be used to paint the whole side (either side) of the argument. These incidents are just that, incidents of stupid people doing stupid things. To actually say that the right/left embraces these actions makes you just look like a fool.

Rick

You mean like both sides of the aisle embraces gun rights, war or torture? I'm sure Dr. Tiller would agree with you...oh that's right, he was assassinated...

Secret Service under strain as leaders face more threats - The Boston Globe

ASHINGTON - The unprecedented number of death threats against President Obama, a rise in racist hate groups, and a new wave of antigovernment fervor threaten to overwhelm the US Secret Service, according to government officials and reports, raising new questions about the 144-year-old agency’s overall mission.

Discuss
COMMENTS (168)
The Secret Service is tracking a far broader range of possible threats to the nation’s leaders, the officials said, even as it also investigates financial crimes such as counterfeiting as part of its original mandate.

The new demands are leading some officials, both inside and outside the agency, to raise the possibility of the service curtailing or dropping its role in fighting financial crime to focus more on protecting leaders and their families from assassination attempts and thwarting terrorist plots aimed at high-profile events

Pubic, can you do a paragraph without a lie?

Rick

You mean like both sides of the aisle embraces gun rights, war or torture? I'm sure Dr. Tiller would agree with you...oh that's right, he was assassinated...

You're absolutely right. There is no evidence in recent history of Democrats using violence. I don't know what I was thinking. It's after all a trademarked Republican tactic.

[sarcasm off]

You're either an idiot or can't understand what my point was. But thanks for posting this drivel.

Rick

Really?

I'm damned sure not the one running around with tears all over my bib and spew in my Huggies crying that "Nanny" needs to protect me. You fucking pussy. Try standing up and being a fucking man, huh?:eusa_eh:

"The Consequences of their actions"? "Stand up and be a man"?

So does that mean you're one of the people making the threats, Gunny?

I bet you are.

Hey, when the FBI shoots you down during a domestic terrorist attempt, I'll try to shed a tear. I'll try real hard.

Psycho. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Really?

Oh my, such an erudite answer. Such debating points.

Gunny, old boy, dumb fucks like you give the whole Conservative movement the tinge of idiocy that pervades the rhetoric and ideology.

Your Teabaggers and wingnut Conservatives are doing and saying things that repellant to most Americans. So you may very well see no gains in the off year elections with these tactics.

We, as in the Democratic Party. We, as in American Citizens that are proud Liberals. We, as in sane and logical human beings.

I am not a Commie, you are not a Nazi. But you are one damned fool to speak to fellow Americans as you do. But go ahead and keep it up. A few more votes in the Senate and House, and we can really get things done.

Rick

You're absolutely right. There is no evidence in recent history of Democrats using violence. I don't know what I was thinking. It's after all a trademarked Republican tactic.

[sarcasm off]

You're either an idiot or can't understand what my point was. But thanks for posting this drivel.

Rick

Gonna have to agree with hboats here.

There have been plenty of examples of people on the left involved in incidents like we are seeing in the not-so-distant past.

However, I believe the problem we are seeing here is that the media has been fanning the flames for a while now, and they need to back the fuck off.

Not that I would condone any type of violence in this situation, but the people involved shouldn't be directing their ire at politicians, they should be directing it at Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann, Rush Limbaugh, etc, etc..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back