The Latest PR Tactic for the Left.....

That is the point of my post Coyote. There are idiots on either side of the aisle that use violence to try to make their point, or threaten people to get their way. The point is, these incidents can't be used to paint the whole side (either side) of the argument. These incidents are just that, incidents of stupid people doing stupid things. To actually say that the right/left embraces these actions makes you just look like a fool.

Rick

You mean like both sides of the aisle embraces gun rights, war or torture? I'm sure Dr. Tiller would agree with you...oh that's right, he was assassinated...

You're absolutely right. There is no evidence in recent history of Democrats using violence. I don't know what I was thinking. It's after all a trademarked Republican tactic.

[sarcasm off]

You're either an idiot or can't understand what my point was. But thanks for posting this drivel.

Rick

Well, we know that terrorists are right wing extremists. And that Timothy McVeigh and the militia groups are right wing extremists. And the anti abortion killers are right wing extremists. And we know the revolutionaries that founded our nation were liberals...

So, there is a flash point for violence in all people...it's just not the same for the left and the right...

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Daniel Patrick Moynihan

You mean like both sides of the aisle embraces gun rights, war or torture? I'm sure Dr. Tiller would agree with you...oh that's right, he was assassinated...

You're absolutely right. There is no evidence in recent history of Democrats using violence. I don't know what I was thinking. It's after all a trademarked Republican tactic.

[sarcasm off]

You're either an idiot or can't understand what my point was. But thanks for posting this drivel.

Rick

Well, we know that terrorists are right wing extremists. And that Timothy McVeigh and the militia groups are right wing extremists. And the anti abortion killers are right wing extremists. And we know the revolutionaries that founded our nation were liberals...

So, there is a flash point for violence in all people...it's just not the same for the left and the right...

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I take it back, there is no "You're either an idiot or can't understand what my point was." Because this post just proves that there is no chance of you understanding my point. So it must be the other option. Thanks for taking away any doubt.

Rick

Really?

We won in 2008. Won enough seats to put the Healthcare Bill though. That is democracy. When you guys had these kinds of numbers, you used them to push through a tax cut for the wealthy at a time we were in two wars. How well did that work out?

Once again, Califlower Girl, link to threats made to Congressman that were going to vote no. And opposition in the primary or losing votes is not threats, that is politics.

Really? What's this "we" shit? And look what "y'all" have done, fucking commie.

Want to try again? I'll give your lame ass another shot at the title. fuckwit.

I'm damned sure not the one running around with tears all over my bib and spew in my Huggies crying that "Nanny" needs to protect me. You fucking pussy. Try standing up and being a fucking man, huh?:eusa_eh:

Oh my, such an erudite answer. Such debating points.

Gunny, old boy, dumb fucks like you give the whole Conservative movement the tinge of idiocy that pervades the rhetoric and ideology.

Your Teabaggers and wingnut Conservatives are doing and saying things that repellant to most Americans. So you may very well see no gains in the off year elections with these tactics.

We, as in the Democratic Party. We, as in American Citizens that are proud Liberals. We, as in sane and logical human beings.

I am not a Commie, you are not a Nazi. But you are one damned fool to speak to fellow Americans as you do. But go ahead and keep it up. A few more votes in the Senate and House, and we can really get things done.

you are a commie, old rocks. there is no doubt in that...you have proven it with your beliefs over and over. no government is too intrusive for your ideals.

Our government overstepped their powers with the will of the majority of Americans, old rocks.

"A few more votes in the Senate and the House, and we can really get things done."

No, no your not a commie. :lol:
You make me laugh, communist.

Last edited:

[sarcasm off]

Rick

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I take it back, there is no "You're either an idiot or can't understand what my point was." Because this post just proves that there is no chance of you understanding my point. So it must be the other option. Thanks for taking away any doubt.

Rick

Excuse me...I 'get' your point. It's just that it's mindless blather... One side DOES embrace this kind of behavior much more than the other. I don't subscribe to polarized arguments (all or none), but history is evidence you are full of shit...

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rick

Excuse me...I 'get' your point. It's just that it's mindless blather... One side DOES embrace this kind of behavior much more than the other. I don't subscribe to polarized arguments (all or none), but history is evidence you are full of shit...

I'm sorry, I didn't see the reports of Republicans "embracing" the OK City bombing. Please post the links to the reports of that. I'm sure I could post links to them condemning it if I took two seconds to look for them, but I'd really like to see your links to them "embracing" it. Just because you say it's so doesn't make it so. But once again, I don't expect you to comprehend what I was trying to point out.

This will be my last reply to you, you're just not worth the wasted key strokes.

Rick

Rick

I'm sorry, I didn't see the reports of Republicans "embracing" the OK City bombing. Please post the links to the reports of that. I'm sure I could post links to them condemning it if I took two seconds to look for them, but I'd really like to see your links to them "embracing" it. Just because you say it's so doesn't make it so. But once again, I don't expect you to comprehend what I was trying to point out.

This will be my last reply to you, you're just not worth the wasted key strokes.

Rick

I have found ignore works great to avoid future time wasting Rick. Bfgrn sort of floats on the edge of that for me.

Rick

Rick

Good idea...you best cut & run, you're out of your league son...

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.
Oscar Wilde

To be frank California Girl...

I find that you embellish many of your posts with wild claims. These have included your Oxford degree, your career as a writer and even in this thread, your claim that your brother was spat upon when he came back from Viet Nam. This entire thread is an example of how you are willing to stretch the truth to make a point.

For most posters, I would accept their claims of personal expertise. Based on reading your posts for many months, I do not extent that courtesy to you

Why would I want you to extend any courtesy to me? You honestly think I give a shit what you think of me or hold your opinion in any regard? Cuz, I can assure you, I don't.

Do please quote where I claimed my brother was spat at on his return from Vietnam.... I'll wait while you struggle to find a non-existent post. I said he's been spat at.... I made no comment about Vietnam. You fucking moron. You just demonstrated your own inability to keep your facts straight.

I post as I see fit.... apparently that bothers you.... I suspect that's more to do with your inabiity to counter it so you resort to personal attacks. That's fine. I have no problem with you being an ass.

California Girl. You claim to be an intellectual, but I find it impossible to distinguish your posts from Willow Tree and Stephanie. For someone who claims to be highly educated, you lack the thoroughness and integrity of factual information that an educated person would provide.

Again, you either lie or totally misunderstand basic English. I have never claimed to be an intellectual. I have claimed to have a degree from Oxford. Because I do. That does not make me an intellectual - having a high IQ does not make me an intellectual. It makes me smart - that, in itself, is nothing more than what it is.... meaningless.

You have decided that I have claimed to be something that I have not claimed. This is a reflection on you, not me.

Rick

Oscar Wilde

Ok, I take it back, this will be my last reply to you.

I'm out of my league? You don't even know me or what league I'm in. You are trying to argue a point that is so far off the mark that you're making yourself look like a fool and I don't even have to reply to help you out.

I suggest you go back and re-read my original post and then try to understand what my point was. I was being bipartisan with my post, condemning both right-wing and left-wing idiots who use violence. You come back with the same old "our side isn't as bad as your side nah nah nah nah nah nah" argument and just make yourself look like a partisan fool. I had nothing to do with that, it was all you. But thanks for playing.

And I'm still looking forward to you posting those links of Republicans embracing the OK City bombing.

Rick

Last edited:

Rick

I have found ignore works great to avoid future time wasting Rick. Bfgrn sort of floats on the edge of that for me.

I don't ignore ANY poster. They all have the right to say what they want. I also have the right to point out their lunacy. I also reserve the right to laugh my ass off when someone makes themselves out to be a fool. That is where Bfgrn is at this point.

Rick

Again, you either lie or totally misunderstand basic English. I have never claimed to be an intellectual. I have claimed to have a degree from Oxford. Because I do. That does not make me an intellectual - having a high IQ does not make me an intellectual. It makes me smart - that, in itself, is nothing more than what it is.... meaningless.

You have decided that I have claimed to be something that I have not claimed. This is a reflection on you, not me.

:eusa_hand:

Please, madame, allow me to interpret:

"I'm Rubber, You're Glue:
Whatever you say, bounces from me, AND STICKS TO YOU!!!!"

:funnyface::funnyface:

Really? What's this "we" shit? And look what "y'all" have done, fucking commie.

Want to try again? I'll give your lame ass another shot at the title. fuckwit.

I'm damned sure not the one running around with tears all over my bib and spew in my Huggies crying that "Nanny" needs to protect me. You fucking pussy. Try standing up and being a fucking man, huh?:eusa_eh:

Gunny, old boy, dumb fucks like you give the whole Conservative movement the tinge of idiocy that pervades the rhetoric and ideology.

Your Teabaggers and wingnut Conservatives are doing and saying things that repellant to most Americans. So you may very well see no gains in the off year elections with these tactics.

We, as in the Democratic Party. We, as in American Citizens that are proud Liberals. We, as in sane and logical human beings.

I am not a Commie, you are not a Nazi. But you are one damned fool to speak to fellow Americans as you do. But go ahead and keep it up. A few more votes in the Senate and House, and we can really get things done.

you are a commie, old rocks. there is no doubt in that...you have proven it with your beliefs over and over. no government is too intrusive for your ideals.

Our government overstepped their powers with the will of the majority of Americans, old rocks.

"A few more votes in the Senate and the House, and we can really get things done."

Not at all, silly ass. I am a blue collar liberal. I have a nice little dd214 that says honorable, I have worked for the last 48 years, and am still working as a millwright in a steel mill.

Yes, I have read Marx as well as Smith. And events that created the philosophy that Marx expoused played a part in one line of my family history, as they left Prussia after the failed revolution against the monarchy in 1848.

I can see how you would think anyone to the left of Westbrook Peglar is a commie by your posts. However, as evidenced by the last election, it is you who is out of step with America of the 21st century.

Not at all, silly ass. I am a blue collar liberal. I have a nice little dd214 that says honorable, I have worked for the last 48 years, and am still working as a millwright in a steel mill.

Yes, I have read Marx as well as Smith. And events that created the philosophy that Marx expoused played a part in one line of my family history, as they left Prussia after the failed revolution against the monarchy in 1848.

I can see how you would think anyone to the left of Westbrook Peglar is a commie by your posts. However, as evidenced by the last election, it is you who is out of step with America of the 21st century.

You thinking that the last election was about America wanting to go in the direction of liberalism, makes you a bigger fool than previously thought, silly ass. It was the economy, and it was Bush.....and you know that. We'll see about the America in the 21st century in this next election. Seems with the last 3 special elections, your comrades haven't stepped up to the plate for you. Ever ask yourself why? probably not

Rick

Oscar Wilde

Ok, I take it back, this will be my last reply to you.

I'm out of my league? You don't even know me or what league I'm in. You are trying to argue a point that is so far off the mark that you're making yourself look like a fool and I don't even have to reply to help you out.

I suggest you go back and re-read my original post and then try to understand what my point was. I was being bipartisan with my post, condemning both right-wing and left-wing idiots who use violence. You come back with the same old "our side isn't as bad as your side nah nah nah nah nah nah" argument and just make yourself look like a partisan fool. I had nothing to do with that, it was all you. But thanks for playing.

And I'm still looking forward to you posting those links of Republicans embracing the OK City bombing.

Rick

Hello, is anybody home??? You condemn violence, from either side. So do I, but to foolishly ignore that violence does not occur on a bipartisan and equal playing field doesn't put you in a different league, it puts you on a different planet.

So your litmus test is links to Republicans embracing the OK City bombing? Just one simple minded polarized argument from a simple minded person.

First of all I SAID right wing extremists, not Republicans...

How about one...Timothy McVeigh

I usually credit the intelligent on both sides with being about to understand basic English - I had not realized they needed an interpreter.

Once again, when people claim I have said something I have not said, I will object. How about, instead of worrying about whether other people can understand my posts, you worry about other people lying about things that can be evidenced on this board.

Vietnam Veterans Against the War: THE VETERAN: Debunking A Myth

How does one attempt to prove a negative - that something didn't happen? This author does it by examining the positive side and failing to find any conclusive proof that it occurred. Along the way he finds many indications that it is indeed a myth.

His research examined newspapers from New York and San Francisco, as well as police reports detailing the interaction between protesters and veterans. No spitting incidents were reported, and the observers noticed that over time the veterans assumed leadership positions among the protesters. Lembcke did find newspaper reports of spitting during demonstrations in the late 1960s, but they referred to hawks spitting on anti-war protesters.

Reinforcing his myth hypothesis, Lembcke cites a Harris poll reported to Congress in 1972 that indicates 93% of returning veterans found their homecoming friendly, while only 3% found it unfriendly. The poll also reported that over 75% of returning vets were opposed to the war.

The first documented reports of being spit upon don't begin to appear until the early 1980s. According to the author, who is currently an associate professor of sociology, the time delay is a strong indication that the story is a myth

Yet another revisionist history lesson from the left.

My cousin was a Cobra pilot in Nam and he was present when he and his buddies were spit on upon there return to the states in Ca. A close friend of mine; now a long since retired SF officer was treated to the same 'Baby-killer' taunts of the fruit and nuts anti-Americans.

But setting that aside; this propaganda campaign; crying a bout all these 'threats' is the same mythical nonsense that they were doing when "it was reported, that The Secret Service was reeling from many times the number of threats being made against King Hussein than any other President..."

Of course someone eventually got around to asking the SS about it; and they said that in fact, there'd been no noticable increase in such threats; and rumors to the contrary were simply false.

SSDD... Leftists are humanists and humanists are moral relativists; and if a lie will serve their ends; then the ends justify the Lie.

Ol Pubic, at it again. And we are to believe anything someone with a sig line like yours says?

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

By Toby Harnden in Washington

Published: 8:34PM BST 03 Aug 2009

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 per cent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

Secret Service under strain as leaders face more threats - The Boston Globe

Report questions its role in financial investigations

By Bryan Bender
Globe Staff / October 18, 2009

ASHINGTON - The unprecedented number of death threats against President Obama, a rise in racist hate groups, and a new wave of antigovernment fervor threaten to overwhelm the US Secret Service, according to government officials and reports, raising new questions about the 144-year-old agency’s overall mission.

Discuss
COMMENTS (168) <<< LOL She's actually posting the Reader Comment as factual argument.

The Secret Service is tracking a far broader range of possible threats to the nation&#8217;s leaders, the officials said, even as it also investigates financial crimes such as counterfeiting as part of its original mandate.

The new demands are leading some officials, both inside and outside the agency, to raise the possibility of the service curtailing or dropping its role in fighting financial crime to focus more on protecting leaders and their families from assassination attempts and thwarting terrorist plots aimed at high-profile events

Pubic, can you do a paragraph without a lie?

Huh... Well I it's only reasonable to believe that a Leftist crank would know more about this than the Director of the Secret Service...

Now again kids... it's a simple case of Leftists offering us ASSURANCES based upon their record of virtue and their masterful command of THE FACTS...

Now before ya read my evidence below... take another gander at the dates of the articles which the Old Leftist Crank is citing... then as ya pass by it... note the date of report noting the Director of the Secret Service testimony before Congress...

"Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton

December 03, 2009

Categories:

Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton

Bit of a bombshell at this morning's Homeland Security Committee hearing:

U.S. Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan dismissed published reports that the level of death threats against President Obama are four times greater than typical threat levels against recent presidents &#8212; claiming the current volume of threats is comparable to that under George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

"It's not [a] 400 percent [increase]," Sullivan said during a heated exchange with Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), who suggested the service needed additional agents to protect the first African-American president.

"I'm not sure where that number comes from," he said, adding that the number of threats against Obama "are the same level as it has been [against] the last two presidents." "

So the question becomes; did Rocks know about this refutation and choose to ignore it; and come here to project a deceit; or is she simply an ignorant fool?

Publius Reports... You Decide!

And yeah, it's only reasonable to assume that where such refutation is advanced that the asserter of the FALSITY would come forth, admit their failure; concede the point and apologize for having advanced disinformation.

But Leftists are not virtuous people... they're humanists; and humanists are moral relativists; and to them, the end of gaining power justifies the use of OUTRIGHT FABRICATIONS, TOTAL DECEIT; as truth...

And when a culture allows liars, theives and frauds to vote... they will elect liars, theives and frauds... So knowing that; it becomes pretty clear how we go to what we are today, doesn't it?

Last edited:

I usually credit the intelligent on both sides with being about to understand basic English - I had not realized they needed an interpreter.

Once again, when people claim I have said something I have not said, I will object. How about, instead of worrying about whether other people can understand my posts, you worry about other people lying about things that can be evidenced on this board.

:salute:

Reading this last page is like reading a set of opposing PR statements.
A: This is true
B: NO it is false
A: You're a crackpot B
B: You're a Liar A
A: Am not
B: Are too

If this degenerates much further It's apt to go to the flame zone (sort of like the little "I'm not afraid, no really I'm not" thread from yesterday)

I did find the little homeland security report eyeopening. I never even though about how many death threats the president might receive because they are never reported. Yet when you consider the matter it is obvious such threats must occur; nutjobs exist at both extremes of the political spectrum, indeed being an extremist is part and parcel of being a nutjob. Makes me wonder about some of the posters here.

PubliusInfinitum said:
But setting that aside; this propaganda campaign; crying a bout all these 'threats' is the same mythical nonsense that they were doing when "it was reported, that The Secret Service was reeling from many times the number of threats being made against King Hussein than any other President..."

Of course someone eventually got around to asking the SS about it; and they said that in fact, there'd been no noticable increase in such threats; and rumors to the contrary were simply false.

While initial reporting by the Secret Service couldn't be confirmed by naming names, it has since been the subject of an entire book by an ex-agent. Sorry, but I tend to believe the experts over the biased punditocracy of the right who pooh-pooh such threats.

Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service - Telegraph

Forum List

Back