The last war you felt good about supporting?

The reason we are still with bases in the EU, is for strategic positioning....if we had a problem with China, we have military that can approach them from the east and west....not just from our west coast, the same with Russia, along with protecting the EU from the then Soviet Block Nations abutting them...

Also, we have most of our eaves dropping done from there on Russia and I would suppose, the middle east, now that we lost our bases in Saudi Arabia, under Bush, and also after we lost our Air Force Base in Tripoli, Lybia.

I am not saying we still need all of the bases there...maybe we could consolidate some more there to save money, but one thing I am not, is foolish enough to believe we could just simply shut them all down...

My father was Stationed at one of these NATO bases in Northern Italy, and he worked in a Communications Squadron, and even though my sister and mother and I were allowed to travel on our passports to Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia...two soviet block countries, my Father, due to his top secret clearance of the highest level, was restricted by the Air Force from traveling there....so times were still very tense with the USA and the Soviet Block countries controlled by Russians....

and even in the USA to this very day, most hacks that occur on our Government sites and email, comes from Russia and China, most spies caught were working for Russia....things are still NOT as lovey dovey as you all, and the Trumpster imply.

images

The reason we are still in Germany and Japan is because there was a one hundred year clause in their surrender contracts that said they could not have military capabilities without our approval.

*****SMILE*****

:)

And in Italy, and the United Kingdom, Romania, Portugal, Spain, Norway, The Netherlands etc etc....?

Was the 100 yr agreement with all of them as well? :rolleyes:

If, that is, there has ever been one in your lifetime and hopefully, one that we won which for most of you has happened, kind of, only once in your lifetime.

My choice, WWII.
If I had to choose one, it would also be WWII.
I don't think we should ever forget how US involvement in WWI likely made WWII inevitable; had there been "peace without victory" in 1916 the ruling classes in England and Germany would have been destroyed, starting with the bankers, imho

Bankers are Behind the Wars

"In the beginning of World War I, Woodrow Wilson had adopted initially a policy of neutrality. But the Morgan Bank, which was the most powerful bank at the time, and which wound up funding over 75 percent of the financing for the allied forces during World War I … pushed Wilson out of neutrality sooner than he might have done, because of their desire to be involved on one side of the war.

"Now, on the other side of that war, for example, was the National City Bank, which, though they worked with Morgan in financing the French and the British, they also didn’t have a problem working with financing some things on the German side, as did Chase

The reason we are still with bases in the EU, is for strategic positioning....if we had a problem with China, we have military that can approach them from the east and west....not just from our west coast, the same with Russia, along with protecting the EU from the then Soviet Block Nations abutting them...

Also, we have most of our eaves dropping done from there on Russia and I would suppose, the middle east, now that we lost our bases in Saudi Arabia, under Bush, and also after we lost our Air Force Base in Tripoli, Lybia.

I am not saying we still need all of the bases there...maybe we could consolidate some more there to save money, but one thing I am not, is foolish enough to believe we could just simply shut them all down...

My father was Stationed at one of these NATO bases in Northern Italy, and he worked in a Communications Squadron, and even though my sister and mother and I were allowed to travel on our passports to Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia...two soviet block countries, my Father, due to his top secret clearance of the highest level, was restricted by the Air Force from traveling there....so times were still very tense with the USA and the Soviet Block countries controlled by Russians....

and even in the USA to this very day, most hacks that occur on our Government sites and email, comes from Russia and China, most spies caught were working for Russia....things are still NOT as lovey dovey as you all, and the Trumpster imply.

images

The reason we are still in Germany and Japan is because there was a one hundred year clause in their surrender contracts that said they could not have military capabilities without our approval.

*****SMILE*****

And in Italy, and the United Kingdom, Romania, Portugal, Spain, Norway, The Netherlands etc etc....?

Was the 100 yr agreement with all of them as well? :rolleyes:

I only know what the surrender terms for Germany and Japan were. If you want to know about some other countries terms were...

...Do your own damn research!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Forum List

Back