The Koch brothers buy the best seats in the House

One batch of ads, one, on one Senate race in Arkansas set to run less than a month: $700,000. The ads are anti-Pryor, not pro-Cotton, so none of that $1.4 million spent to date by the Koch brothers shows up on Cotton's books. So when it is said one candidate outspent another the Koch brother's dark money is never included.

Does anyone believe for one second that the Koch brothers care about what happens to the people of Arkansas? If there ever is a Senator Cotton he will know who got him there and who will keep him there. If there are two ringing phones on his desk, one labeled "Arkansas", one labeled "Koch brothers", guess which one Cotton will answer and which he will let the other go to voice mail. And if there is any question about Cotton's vote in Arkansas the Koch brothers will just buy him another 3 weeks of 30 second ads to explain it all. You know I got my free lunch in a small school in North Arkansas. There are still kids up there get some food thanks to programs Koch brothers would kill if they ever got the chance. The Koch brothers are putting and keeping people in the federal government for their own sick agenda. This country deserves better than people like Cotton who are perfectly willing to wear the diamond studded Koch collar offered them in return a seat in the U.S. Congress.

Americans for Prosperity is launching a major ad buy hitting Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) on Thursday, pushing the group’s advertising spending in the race to more than $1.4 million so far this year.

The 30-second spot from the Koch brothers-backed group is set to air statewide on cable and networks, along with digital advertising, for three weeks. Text at the end reads, “Senator Mark Pryor voted for Obamacare. Tell Sen. Pryor, Obamacare hurts Arkansas families.”

Pryor, who is facing off with Rep. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) in one of the most hotly contested races of the year, was the subject of a six-figure negative ad buy last month from the outside conservative group. The buy for second batch of ads, shared first with POLITICO, totals about $700,000 and links Pryor to cancelled insurance plans tied to Obamacare.

Read more: $700k ad buy hits Mark Pryor on Obamacare - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Projection ........

Hmmm.......

If unions are so great, wouldn't the states with the most of them be growing?
Union Membership, by States | Infoplease.com

Compare that to these maps:
Data Dump Americans for Economic Freedom | Americans for Economic Freedom |

Those "union-heavy" states like NY, NJ, and MI aren't doing so well in terms of how they're trending. So much for unions helping the "working man".

Unfortunately today the unions representing manufacturing has declined significantly Along with the manufacturing jobs themselves. Leaving us with public sector unions. And lets face it, those unions are not engaged in the building of products and wealth. They serve a purpose, but not the SAME purpose as the manufacturing and trades unions.

But knowing you are a kid, let me share something with you. Hundreds of thousands of people such as myself, grew up in union towns and cities. And because of those unions, people like me enjoyed a much higher standard of living BECAUSE of the unions.

And we lived in cities or towns where the entire cities and towns standard of living grew.
Because of unions.

I know that this is a hard concept for you to understand, but when you grew up with a positive opinion and experience of unions, you do not change your opinion because some right wingers think unions are bad bad bad.

Unions look out and function for the working man. Of which I am one. You right wingers don't like them BECAUSE by pooling the resources of the members, they (unions) are able to compete in the political arena against the likes of a Koch Brother agenda.

Heaven forbid that the working man be represented in the political arena. Right?
Look, unions are great in the short run for the worker. But look at the long run: Chrysler/GM/Ford had to lay off thousands of workers because of the companies not doing as well as foreign companies. Meanwhile, outside of Michigan, in states like Tennessee, South Carolina, and Georgia, the non-unionized auto industry (Hyundai, Volkswagen, Toyota, Mercedes, etc.) is booming. I happen to think 2,000 $20/hour jobs are better than 500 $40/hour jobs and the rest being either unemployed or flipping burgers.

Look, unions would be great if there were no market forces and money grew on trees. But those things aren't true and businesses have to make a profit to survive. Unions ultimately lead to companies hurting and losing jobs. Hence why only public sector unions still survive.

Let me help you with a couple ideas.

The Big Three (GM, Ford, Chrysler) had their problems with the type and quality of cars that were being offered and built. They made inferior products compared to the Japanese.

But do you really think that it was the Union executives or union members who were designing the cars they were building? Isn't it on management to design cars the public wants to buy and cars that can be built and sold for a profit?

How is the poor quality and poor design of the cars the unions responsibility?

And lack of a product that the public wants to buy is the problem.

And the Japanese would have the same problem whether their work force is unionized of not. If the Japanese start offering cars the public don't want and won't buy, how long you think it will matter if the workforce is not unionized?

People like you want to blame unions for situations they had no part in creating. When GM negotiated with the UAW for a wage and benefit package, it was incumbent on the management to design a car that people wanted to buy. Where GM could make enough profit to honor their contract with labor and profit as a company. When they failed to do that, why should the unions be the only ones blamed?

This fixation on the Koch brothers is fascinating to watch, as if the Democrats don't have big partisan donors.

As long as we allow money to control our political system, there will be plenty of these people to whine about. But we accept it as long as it's money for "our" side, and bitch & moan about when it's money for the "other" side. How weird, don't people realize how obvious this is?

As long as we allow it, tough shit. Commit to getting money out of politics as much as possible, and then you have an interesting conversation.

This fixation on the Koch brothers is fascinating to watch, as if the Democrats don't have big partisan donors.

As long as we allow money to control our political system, there will be plenty of these people to whine about. But we accept it as long as it's money for "our" side, and bitch & moan about when it's money for the "other" side. How weird, don't people realize how obvious this is?

As long as we allow it, tough shit. Commit to getting money out of politics as much as possible, and then you have an interesting conversation.

that would be a good thing probably
I think we're beyond all that and as a people and county, just screwed

Geez, let me find something about George Soros to counter...

George Soros has a net worth of $23 billion. Koch's worth is a paltry $4 billion. Methinks your rage is misplaced, my friend. If you think Soros cares about the people his money ultimately hurts, then you're simply out of touch with reality.
This is why I consider you a worthless piece of shit. You scream and bitch about Democrats while posting one lie after another. You and people like you are why I and other sane people have left the republican party. I am ashamed that people like you live in America.

Koch Brothers’ Wealth Grew By $33 Billion in 3 Years As America’s Schools Report 1 Million Homeless Kids

So much for your lie about the Koch's having a worth of "a paltry $4 billion." Your posts are worth nothing and make you look like an ignorant slob.

George Soros has a net worth of $23 billion. Koch's worth is a paltry $4 billion. Methinks your rage is misplaced, my friend. If you think Soros cares about the people his money ultimately hurts, then you're simply out of touch with reality.
This is why I consider you a worthless piece of shit. You scream and bitch about Democrats while posting one lie after another. You and people like you are why I and other sane people have left the republican party. I am ashamed that people like you live in America.

Koch Brothers’ Wealth Grew By $33 Billion in 3 Years As America’s Schools Report 1 Million Homeless Kids

So much for your lie about the Koch's having a worth of "a paltry $4 billion." Your posts are worth nothing and make you look like an ignorant slob.

what the hell kind of title is that?
no frikken BIAS there huh, pathetic wallstreetonparade

Some people who are not very smart know that if they have nothing intelligent to say they should say nothing. You have not learned that yet.

RandomVariable;8809884]One batch of ads, one, on one Senate race in Arkansas set to run less than a month: $700,000. The ads are anti-Pryor, not pro-Cotton, so none of that $1.4 million spent to date by the Koch brothers shows up on Cotton's books. So when it is said one candidate outspent another the Koch brother's dark money is never included.

Does anyone believe for one second that the Koch brothers care about what happens to the people of Arkansas? If there ever is a Senator Cotton he will know who got him there and who will keep him there. If there are two ringing phones on his desk, one labeled "Arkansas", one labeled "Koch brothers",

Do you still believe for one minute that we have a president who cares more about this country than he does George Soros, who got him elected?

Bush senior tells us what we need is a One World Government, so we elect his son to further the cause.

Billary wants to raise a Billion dollars for her campaign so she can convince us that she cares more about this country than her very own Global Initiative.

It's not that they secretly work for the dregs, they are the dregs.......

The Koch brothers has as much right to buy political ads as Obama's and Democrats wealthy donors do

We know that must be a hard concept for you sheep in the Democrat party to grasp, but such is life

Never said that they didn't have that right. Just saying that believing that the Koch Brothers are looking out for the interest of the working man and not the interest of the 1%, is not in your best interest.

Just because the Koch are selling "freedom" and "capitalism" does not mean they are looking out for your interests. They are looking out for themselves.

So freedom and capitalism aren't in your best interests, Zeke? Is that really what you wanted to say?

The only reason any child is homeless is because his mother couldn't keep her legs together before she got married. The Kochs had nothing to do with it. However, the claim of 1 million homeless is obvious horseshit. Turds like you have been spouting this lie ever since the Reagan administration, and the numbers never pan out.

Some people who are not very smart know that if they have nothing intelligent to say they should say nothing. You have not learned that yet.

irony.jpg

One batch of ads, one, on one Senate race in Arkansas set to run less than a month: $700,000. The ads are anti-Pryor, not pro-Cotton, so none of that $1.4 million spent to date by the Koch brothers shows up on Cotton's books. So when it is said one candidate outspent another the Koch brother's dark money is never included.

Does anyone believe for one second that the Koch brothers care about what happens to the people of Arkansas? If there ever is a Senator Cotton he will know who got him there and who will keep him there. If there are two ringing phones on his desk, one labeled "Arkansas", one labeled "Koch brothers", guess which one Cotton will answer and which he will let the other go to voice mail. And if there is any question about Cotton's vote in Arkansas the Koch brothers will just buy him another 3 weeks of 30 second ads to explain it all. You know I got my free lunch in a small school in North Arkansas. There are still kids up there get some food thanks to programs Koch brothers would kill if they ever got the chance. The Koch brothers are putting and keeping people in the federal government for their own sick agenda. This country deserves better than people like Cotton who are perfectly willing to wear the diamond studded Koch collar offered them in return a seat in the U.S. Congress.

Americans for Prosperity is launching a major ad buy hitting Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) on Thursday, pushing the group’s advertising spending in the race to more than $1.4 million so far this year.

The 30-second spot from the Koch brothers-backed group is set to air statewide on cable and networks, along with digital advertising, for three weeks. Text at the end reads, “Senator Mark Pryor voted for Obamacare. Tell Sen. Pryor, Obamacare hurts Arkansas families.”

Pryor, who is facing off with Rep. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) in one of the most hotly contested races of the year, was the subject of a six-figure negative ad buy last month from the outside conservative group. The buy for second batch of ads, shared first with POLITICO, totals about $700,000 and links Pryor to cancelled insurance plans tied to Obamacare.

Read more: $700k ad buy hits Mark Pryor on Obamacare - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

The ads are anti-Pryor, not pro-Cotton

OMG! Free speech.

so none of that $1.4 million spent to date by the Koch brothers shows up on Cotton's books.

And if it did, so what?

Does anyone believe for one second that the Koch brothers care about what happens to the people of Arkansas?

Sure they care, they're trying to get rid of Pryor.

The Koch brothers are putting and keeping people in the federal government for their own sick agenda.

OMG! Freedom to petition government.

Text at the end reads, “Senator Mark Pryor voted for Obamacare. Tell Sen. Pryor, Obamacare hurts Arkansas families.”

OMG! Truth hurts.

Politico has become another DNC lapdog...Reid and the Democrat party wails about the Koch brothers and here come politico with this

they should be taken with a grain of salt...this article is a perfect example of bias against American citizens

they had a ugly hardon for Palin too...just as biased and nasty

Last edited:
The Koch brothers has as much right to buy political ads as Obama's and Democrats wealthy donors do

We know that must be a hard concept for you sheep in the Democrat party to grasp, but such is life

Never said that they didn't have that right. Just saying that believing that the Koch Brothers are looking out for the interest of the working man and not the interest of the 1%, is not in your best interest.

Just because the Koch are selling "freedom" and "capitalism" does not mean they are looking out for your interests. They are looking out for themselves.

Freedom and Capitalism is for the individuals interests.
Freedom and Capitalism is what causes the little guy to become an entrepreneur.
That is exactly what happened to the Koch Brother's Father Fred.

It's a heck of a lot better than the left who is selling communist techniques and methods.

\

Ewwww, how salacious.... How about your butt boy Soro's? Hmmmm?

Total contributions to super PACs: $5.1 million**
•$1.1 million combined from son Jonathan Soros, son Alexander Soros and daughter Andrea Soros Colombel to Friends of Democracy (pro-campaign finance reform)
•$1 million to Priorities USA Action (pro-Barack Obama)
•$1 million to American Bridge 21st Century (pro-Democratic)
•$850,000 combined from Andrea, Jonathan and daughter-in-law Melissa Soros to Planned Parenthood Votes (pro-Democratic)
•$675,000 to House Majority PAC (pro-Democratic)
•$300,000, all from Alexander, to the Jewish Council for Education and Research (pro-Barack Obama)
•$100,000 to Majority PAC (pro-Democratic)

Notable federal hard money and 527 contributions:
•Between 2004 and 2008, George Soros contributed $32.2 million to a variety of Democratic-aligned 527 committees, including $23.7 million during the 2004 election cycle alone, when he ranked as the No. 1 donor to these political committees, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
•Jonathan Soros and his wife Jennifer gave more than $880,000 to federal candidates, PACs and political parties during the 2012 election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
•Alexander Soros contributed at least $348,500 to federal candidates, PACs and political parties during the 2012 election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Notable state-level contributions (see here):
•$1.4 million in support of California’s Proposition 5, the Nonviolent Offender Rehabilitation Act (2008)
•$1 million in support of California’s Proposition 36, which modified the state’s “Three Strikes” law (2012)
•$1 million in support of California’s Proposition 19, which would have legalized marijuana in the state (2010)
•$406,000 to oppose Arizona’s Proposition 302, which gave judges more latitude in dealing with drug probation violations (2002)
•$400,000 in support of Massachusetts’ Ballot Question 2, which eliminated criminal penalties for marijuana possession (2008)

Donor profile: George Soros | Center for Public Integrity
I'm just curious why Random didn't respond to this post by Westwall?

It is telling that the GObP is running against someone rather than touting any of their own platform :eusa_think: Could it be because they don't have a platform other than the tried & failed "deregulate & cut taxes"

Forum List

Back