The Koch brothers buy the best seats in the House

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
One batch of ads, one, on one Senate race in Arkansas set to run less than a month: $700,000. The ads are anti-Pryor, not pro-Cotton, so none of that $1.4 million spent to date by the Koch brothers shows up on Cotton's books. So when it is said one candidate outspent another the Koch brother's dark money is never included.

Does anyone believe for one second that the Koch brothers care about what happens to the people of Arkansas? If there ever is a Senator Cotton he will know who got him there and who will keep him there. If there are two ringing phones on his desk, one labeled "Arkansas", one labeled "Koch brothers", guess which one Cotton will answer and which he will let the other go to voice mail. And if there is any question about Cotton's vote in Arkansas the Koch brothers will just buy him another 3 weeks of 30 second ads to explain it all. You know I got my free lunch in a small school in North Arkansas. There are still kids up there get some food thanks to programs Koch brothers would kill if they ever got the chance. The Koch brothers are putting and keeping people in the federal government for their own sick agenda. This country deserves better than people like Cotton who are perfectly willing to wear the diamond studded Koch collar offered them in return a seat in the U.S. Congress.

Americans for Prosperity is launching a major ad buy hitting Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) on Thursday, pushing the group’s advertising spending in the race to more than $1.4 million so far this year.

The 30-second spot from the Koch brothers-backed group is set to air statewide on cable and networks, along with digital advertising, for three weeks. Text at the end reads, “Senator Mark Pryor voted for Obamacare. Tell Sen. Pryor, Obamacare hurts Arkansas families.”

Pryor, who is facing off with Rep. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) in one of the most hotly contested races of the year, was the subject of a six-figure negative ad buy last month from the outside conservative group. The buy for second batch of ads, shared first with POLITICO, totals about $700,000 and links Pryor to cancelled insurance plans tied to Obamacare.

Read more: $700k ad buy hits Mark Pryor on Obamacare - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

The ads are anti-Pryor, not pro-Cotton, so none of that $1.4 million spent to date by the Koch brothers shows up on Cotton's books. So when it is said one candidate outspent another the Koch brother's dark money is never included.

You mean the Republicans are OBEYING the campaign finance laws the Democrats demanded they obey?

Why, that's outrageous! :cuckoo:

Ohmahgawd! Here come the Kochs! Run for the hills! :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

The only thing dimocrap scum do in here is run DNC ads.

Other than that, they can't manage a decent discussion or even a lively debate.

They're taking this Board down. Even the few (very few) dems that DO have an IQ are throwing their hands in the air and running away.

Geez, let me find something about George Soros to counter...

George Soros has a net worth of $23 billion. Koch's worth is a paltry $4 billion. Methinks your rage is misplaced, my friend. If you think Soros cares about the people his money ultimately hurts, then you're simply out of touch with reality.

Why do progs hate free speech?

I believe the reason is because progs believe that they are smarter and superior to the stupid "low information" voters. Progs are firmly convinced that votes from stupid voters are easily obtained by TV advertising. They refuse to believe that stupid voters are able to think for themselves, independently voting for issues that affects them.

Last edited:
One batch of ads, one, on one Senate race in Arkansas set to run less than a month: $700,000. The ads are anti-Pryor, not pro-Cotton, so none of that $1.4 million spent to date by the Koch brothers shows up on Cotton's books. So when it is said one candidate outspent another the Koch brother's dark money is never included.

Does anyone believe for one second that the Koch brothers care about what happens to the people of Arkansas? If there ever is a Senator Cotton he will know who got him there and who will keep him there. If there are two ringing phones on his desk, one labeled "Arkansas", one labeled "Koch brothers", guess which one Cotton will answer and which he will let the other go to voice mail. And if there is any question about Cotton's vote in Arkansas the Koch brothers will just buy him another 3 weeks of 30 second ads to explain it all. You know I got my free lunch in a small school in North Arkansas. There are still kids up there get some food thanks to programs Koch brothers would kill if they ever got the chance. The Koch brothers are putting and keeping people in the federal government for their own sick agenda. This country deserves better than people like Cotton who are perfectly willing to wear the diamond studded Koch collar offered them in return a seat in the U.S. Congress.

Americans for Prosperity is launching a major ad buy hitting Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) on Thursday, pushing the group’s advertising spending in the race to more than $1.4 million so far this year.

The 30-second spot from the Koch brothers-backed group is set to air statewide on cable and networks, along with digital advertising, for three weeks. Text at the end reads, “Senator Mark Pryor voted for Obamacare. Tell Sen. Pryor, Obamacare hurts Arkansas families.”

Pryor, who is facing off with Rep. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) in one of the most hotly contested races of the year, was the subject of a six-figure negative ad buy last month from the outside conservative group. The buy for second batch of ads, shared first with POLITICO, totals about $700,000 and links Pryor to cancelled insurance plans tied to Obamacare.

Read more: $700k ad buy hits Mark Pryor on Obamacare - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

\

Ewwww, how salacious.... How about your butt boy Soro's? Hmmmm?

Total contributions to super PACs: $5.1 million**
•$1.1 million combined from son Jonathan Soros, son Alexander Soros and daughter Andrea Soros Colombel to Friends of Democracy (pro-campaign finance reform)
•$1 million to Priorities USA Action (pro-Barack Obama)
•$1 million to American Bridge 21st Century (pro-Democratic)
•$850,000 combined from Andrea, Jonathan and daughter-in-law Melissa Soros to Planned Parenthood Votes (pro-Democratic)
•$675,000 to House Majority PAC (pro-Democratic)
•$300,000, all from Alexander, to the Jewish Council for Education and Research (pro-Barack Obama)
•$100,000 to Majority PAC (pro-Democratic)

Notable federal hard money and 527 contributions:
•Between 2004 and 2008, George Soros contributed $32.2 million to a variety of Democratic-aligned 527 committees, including $23.7 million during the 2004 election cycle alone, when he ranked as the No. 1 donor to these political committees, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
•Jonathan Soros and his wife Jennifer gave more than $880,000 to federal candidates, PACs and political parties during the 2012 election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
•Alexander Soros contributed at least $348,500 to federal candidates, PACs and political parties during the 2012 election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Notable state-level contributions (see here):
•$1.4 million in support of California’s Proposition 5, the Nonviolent Offender Rehabilitation Act (2008)
•$1 million in support of California’s Proposition 36, which modified the state’s “Three Strikes” law (2012)
•$1 million in support of California’s Proposition 19, which would have legalized marijuana in the state (2010)
•$406,000 to oppose Arizona’s Proposition 302, which gave judges more latitude in dealing with drug probation violations (2002)
•$400,000 in support of Massachusetts’ Ballot Question 2, which eliminated criminal penalties for marijuana possession (2008)

Donor profile: George Soros | Center for Public Integrity

George Soros has a net worth of $23 billion. Koch's worth is a paltry $4 billion. Methinks your rage is misplaced, my friend. If you think Soros cares about the people his money ultimately hurts, then you're simply out of touch with reality.

You are more than welcome to produce an article where Soros is buying ads and we can compare the intent. You should recheck your numbers by the way.

You are more than welcome to produce an article where Soros is buying ads and we can compare the intent. You should recheck your numbers by the way.

How do you know they don't want Nathan LaFrance or Mark Swaney to win?

I just did. The reality is rich people buy votes. If you think that only one side does it then you are simply an ignorant moron.

LOL. Challenge accepted.

NEW YORK -- George Soros, one of the richest men in the world, has given away nearly $5 billion to promote democracy in the former Soviet bloc, Africa and Asia.

Now he has a new project: defeating President Bush.

"It is the central focus of my life," Soros said. The 2004 presidential race, he said in an interview, is "a matter of life and death."

`Supremacist Ideology' Fears Prompt Drive To Oust Bush - Orlando Sentinel

Oh and your link:

Liberal billionaire George Soros is lending his name to the “Ready for Hillary” super PAC, donating $25,000 to become a co-chair of the group’s National Finance Committee ahead of a major donor confab in New York.

Soros political director Michael Vachon confirmed Soros’s involvement with the group in an emailed statement to POLITICO.

“George Soros is delighted to join more than one million Americans in supporting Ready for Hillary,” Vachon said. “His support for Ready for Hillary is an extension of his long held belief in the power of grassroots organizing.”

George Soros going to bat for Hillary Clinton - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Last edited:

A Liberation is senior manager of energy strategy at Wal-Mart in Bentonville, AR? Aren't Libertarians suppose to eat granola or something? Does Wal-Mart even sell granola?

I am always amazed that two republican presidents understood the power of money and yet today money is all that keeps the party above total uselessness.

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." President Dwight Eisenhower

"Most of the Founders advocated - and all ultimately passed - tariffs to protect domestic industries and workers. Seventy years later, Abraham Lincoln actively stood up for the right for labor to organize, intervening in several strikes to stop corporations and local governments from using hired goon squads to beat and murder strikers.

But conservative economics - the return of ancient feudalism - rose up after Lincoln's death and reigned through the Gilded Age, creating both great wealth and a huge population of what today we call the "working poor." American reaction to these disparities gave birth to the Populist, Progressive, and modern Labor movements. Two generations later, Franklin Roosevelt brought us out of Herbert Hoover's conservative-economics-produced Great Depression and bequeathed us with more than a half-century of prosperity." Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

"President Eisenhower describes his administration's political philosophy as 'dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive, dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive moderation,' then as 'moderate progressivism,' and then as 'positive progressivism.'"
William Manchester quote from 'The Power and the Glory'

"What is conservatism? Is it not adherence to the old and tried, against the new and untried?" Abraham Lincoln Source: February 27, 1860 Cooper Union

A Liberation is senior manager of energy strategy at Wal-Mart in Bentonville, AR? Aren't Libertarians suppose to eat granola or something? Does Wal-Mart even sell granola?

Weren't you supposed to have an argument? Or do liberals even have arguments?

Weren't you supposed to have an argument? Or do liberals even have arguments?

No. They just put up DNC advertisements and then sit back and sharp-shoot Patriotic Americans dumb enough to think they actually want to have a conversation or talk about something.

This is just another DNC ad from just another OFA toadie.

In fact.... Nevermind. I'm about done in here anyway. The OFA/DNC toadies have taken over and certain people with certain responsibilities refuse to see it

For those here, or anywhere, who state I am anti-free speech. I am not questioning Koch's abilities to buy ad I am questioning why he is buying them. There is a difference between saying a candidate should not be allowed to run compared to saying why they shouldn't be elected.

I am against anonymous political activity for sure.

Dems think everyone is like them. see, when George Soros has his groups place an ads, the Dems all line up like in "1984" to drink the Kool-Aid. When they see an ad for some other candidate they naturally assume that everyone else is a mind-numbed, totally programmed Party affiliated robot

For those here, or anywhere, who state I am anti-free speech. I am not questioning Koch's abilities to buy ad I am questioning why he is buying them. There is a difference between saying a candidate should not be allowed to run compared to saying why they shouldn't be elected.

I am against anonymous political activity for sure.

:lmao:

Forum List

Back