The Israeli Ground Offensive is About to Begin: Israel tells UN to evacuate everything north of Wadi Gaza Preserve within 24 hours

The policy you recommended was to defend Israel at the border ration than going in and destroying Hamas, but that has been Israel's policy for many years, and it has clearly failed.

The goal is to prevent Hamas from being able to attack Israel, there is no difference between killing Hamas' soldiers or capturing them or simply driving them out of Gaza and destroying their weapons. Hamas can rant and rave all over the world if they want as long as they can't attack Israel again.

Israel has called up enough troops to fight a multifront war if necessary.

Your big picture is that, for whatever reason, you don't want Israel to destroy Hamas.
I want Hamas and all terror groups to be destroyed, and I am realistic about that possibility. Hamas and other terror groups are like cancers in that they go into remission and then reappear when least expected. I do not believe that it is possible to destroy Hamas totally. My view is that clandestine
operations will work better and keep them at bay, weak and scrambling. A massive attack will end with Israel being deemed the aggressor. Already, the hospital destruction has the world condemning Israel for the killing and it has just begun.

I want Hamas and all terror groups to be destroyed, and I am realistic about that possibility. Hamas and other terror groups are like cancers in that they go into remission and then reappear when least expected. I do not believe that it is possible to destroy Hamas totally. My view is that clandestine
operations will work better and keep them at bay, weak and scrambling. A massive attack will end with Israel being deemed the aggressor. Already, the hospital destruction has the world condemning Israel for the killing and it has just begun.
You say you want them destroyed and then proceed to argue against it. Clearly, you don't want them destroyed.

and it has just begun.
Palestinian casualties 2008 -> 09/09/2023 = 6,407
Israeli casualties 2008 -> 08/31/2023 = 308
Roughly a 21:1 ratio.
Since 7 October 2023, more than 1,900 Palestinians have been killed, including at least 600 children, more than 7,600 injured, and over 423,000 people have been displaced as a result of the Israeli strikes.
Now in its second week, the conflict has exacted a grim cost. Hamas’s attack killed more than 1,300 civilians and soldiers in Israel.
1,900 / 1300 = ~ a 1.5:1 ratio
21 - 1.5 = 19.5 needed to maintain an equivalent level of crushing revenge.
19.5 x 1,900 = ~ 37,000 more Palestinians to go..

You say you want them destroyed and then proceed to argue against it. Clearly, you don't want them destroyed.
Not at all. Clearly, I do believe that Israel will not be able to destroy Hamas. I also believe that
a full scale invasion will not end well, as Hezbollah and other militants may join the frey.
Hezbollah is a different animal than Hamas. They are well-trained, battle-hardened, well armed, and gave Israel all it could handle the last time they tangled. Not a good situation, since the whole shebang will probably widen the conflict.

My math? The figures are all sourced. Got better ones?
The sources are wrong. Whether deliberately so or not, I do not know, though I suspect they are.

Buddy, you are going to have to accept that Hamas is going to be executed to the last man and woman over the coming weeks. Those who flee aboad will be hunted down by Mossad and the CIA.

Not at all. Clearly, I do believe that Israel will not be able to destroy Hamas. I also believe that
a full scale invasion will not end well, as Hezbollah and other militants may join the frey.
Hezbollah is a different animal than Hamas. They are well-trained, battle-hardened, well armed, and gave Israel all it could handle the last time they tangled. Not a good situation, since the whole shebang will probably widen the conflict.
Clearly, you are opposed to destroying Hamas for whatever reason, but there clearly is no alternative if Israel is going to stop Hamas raining down missiles on the Israeli people and preventing cross border attacks.

Clearly, you are opposed to destroying Hamas for whatever reason, but there clearly is no alternative if Israel is going to stop Hamas raining down missiles on the Israeli people and preventing cross border attacks.
Clearly my wish is that Hamas be destroyed, and I do not think it will happen, so on to plan B.

More land for peace is now being floated unilaterally by Arab Countries
Peace with the Palestinians is simply not possible. They are completely defined by their conflict with Israel, and in their culture in which terrorists are lauded as role models for children, it would be impossible for any person who sought peace with Israel to become a leader.

Peace with the Palestinians is simply not possible. They are completely defined by their conflict with Israel, and in their culture in which terrorists are lauded as role models for children, it would be impossible for any person who sought peace with Israel to become a leader.
So lettin 250k of them in here as refugees may be a bad idea

You have presented no reason to doubt Israel can destroy Hamas and no alternative to destroying Hamas now, and therefore no reason to believe you want Hamas destroyed.
Your logic about my desires is skewed. Israel might not destroy Hamas because many of that group will disappear into god knows where. If Hezbollah enters the frey and other Islamic states join in, Israel will be up to its eyeballs in war. No, I believe that my approach makes more sense, and I don't care what you believe. Should Hamas be destroyed? YA! That would be the ideal ending.

Your logic about my desires is skewed. Israel might not destroy Hamas because many of that group will disappear into god knows where. If Hezbollah enters the frey and other Islamic states join in, Israel will be up to its eyeballs in war. No, I believe that my approach makes more sense, and I don't care what you believe. Should Hamas be destroyed? YA! That would be the ideal ending.
You have no approach other than to allow Hamas to continue to terrorize Israeli civilians.

Nazi Germany and the USSR were both enemies of the US before WWII. During it we allied with the USSR, then after the war opposed it again.

There can be no allegiance by good Americans with either Hamas or MAGA.

Forum List

Back