The Israeli Ground Offensive is About to Begin: Israel tells UN to evacuate everything north of Wadi Gaza Preserve within 24 hours

Read it again and you will see that it is not the case. Israel might not destroy Hamas, and other Islamic states will join in the war against Israel. What's your pleasure?
Again, you are saying Israel should just allow Hamas to continue killing Israelis. How can you fail to see that is unacceptable?

"Israeli army Lieutenant General Daniel Hagari made the startling admission that "hundreds of tons of bombs" had already been dropped on the tiny strip, adding that "the emphasis is on damage, not accuracy."

Carpet Bombing. Human rights groups and all kinds of democratic courts have their tongues in the ass.

Let's tell it as it is.

Journalists have been breathlessly waiting for the invasion to start.

And a lot of ordinary folks have, too.

Personally, I hope the IDF pulverizes the terrorists once and for all!!!

Again, you are saying Israel should just allow Hamas to continue killing Israelis. How can you fail to see that is unacceptable?
Not at all. Israel had no clue about any attack. They have to be cognizant always, and not just after the fact, and they were always on a war footing, until they weren't.
The need to keep Hezbollah out of the conflict is paramount, and a full-scale attack will only provoke them, and may not do the job intended. I want that group destroyed, of course. How to do it is where we disagree.

Not at all. Israel had no clue about any attack. They have to be cognizant always, and not just after the fact, and they were always on a war footing, until they weren't.
The need to keep Hezbollah out of the conflict is paramount, and a full-scale attack will only provoke them, and may not do the job intended. I want that group destroyed, of course. How to do it is where we disagree.
Certainly, the IDF and Shin Bet should have done a better job of guarding the border, but Israelis are dying now from Hamas rockets flying into Israel in larger numbers than Israel's air defense systems can handle and if Hamas is not destroyed now, Hamas will acquire better missile and more Israelis will die. The only way to stop these missiles and the fire balloons and cross border raids is to destroy Hamas and the other Palestinian terrorists and reoccupy Gaza. This should have been done back in 2008, and what has happened now is proof that it was a mistake not to have destroyed Hamas back then.

If Hezbollah thought it could defeat Israel, it would have already attacked. It is constantly probing and testing Israel's defenses, and the destruction of Hamas will increase Israel's deterrence against an attack from Hezbollah.

There is nothing in any of your posts to suggest you want Hamas destroyed; on the contrary, in all your posts you argue against destroying Hamas. Disabuse yourself of the notion you are being clever.

Certainly, the IDF and Shin Bet should have done a better job of guarding the border, but Israelis are dying now from Hamas rockets flying into Israel in larger numbers than Israel's air defense systems can handle and if Hamas is not destroyed now, Hamas will acquire better missile and more Israelis will die. The only way to stop these missiles and the fire balloons and cross border raids is to destroy Hamas and the other Palestinian terrorists and reoccupy Gaza. This should have been done back in 2008, and what has happened now is proof that it was a mistake not to have destroyed Hamas back then.

If Hezbollah thought it could defeat Israel, it would have already attacked. It is constantly probing and testing Israel's defenses, and the destruction of Hamas will increase Israel's deterrence against an attack from Hezbollah.

There is nothing in any of your posts to suggest you want Hamas destroyed; on the contrary, in all your posts you argue against destroying Hamas. Disabuse yourself of the notion you are being clever.
My view is that a massive attack will not destroy Hamas. Israel should occupy Gaza, and a full scale attack will chase Hamas out of Gaza, but will not destroy them.

My view is that a massive attack will not destroy Hamas. Israel should occupy Gaza, and a full scale attack will chase Hamas out of Gaza, but will not destroy them.
Israel will occupy 1/3 of the Strip and it will be annexed as a buffer zone

The goal is to prevent Hamas, etc., from being ablet to launch attacks on Israel, so if some of get away to other parts of the world, that will prevent them from being able to launch attacks on Israel. Israel will have to maintain an IDF presence to prevent them from coming back and to prevent other terrorist groups from organizing there, just as it does in Judea and Samraria.

The goal is to prevent Hamas, etc., from being ablet to launch attacks on Israel, so if some of get away to other parts of the world, that will prevent them from being able to launch attacks on Israel. Israel will have to maintain an IDF presence to prevent them from coming back and to prevent other terrorist groups from organizing there, just as it does in Judea and Samraria.
Absolutely

The Israelis have already waited weeks before invading Gaza, both because there is still some minimal hope that more hostages will be released and because a street by street battle with Hamas hiding in underground tunnels could produce large numbers of Israeli casualties too.

The bombing and besieging / starving out of Hamas militants will continue. Israel apparently still hopes that suffering in Southern Gaza can be maintained at such a high level that more hostages will be returned, and perhaps also lead hundreds of thousands of Palestinian civilians to demand they be sheltered in the Sinai.

If the Israelis do invade, they will probably cut off Gaza City and the Northern section at the less populated Wadi Preserve area, confirm there are no tunnels connecting the North with the South, and basically level the North. This is the logical first step to root out or “bury” Hamas with minimal Israeli casualties. After that, it is not at all clear what Israel might do, or who will govern a “pacified” Palestinian population remaining in Gaza.

I was at first thinking this would be possible to some extent, to wipe out Hamas.

I now doubt they would be able to without killing half a million people. Unless the point is just to stop most rocket attacks. And even then, it depends how they go about doing it. Bombing everything is stupid, and can have consequences.

Plus, plus.. However, many more to go just to reach the revenge ratio achieved prior to Oct. 7th. Three or four times as many shall be required to placate your average Zionist hardliner's hatred quotient at a minimum. To save any remaining buildings, Palestinian journalists, women, and children need to start walking out into the open with signs screaming "Shoot me too!" in droves. It's not like starving to death or dying from lack of healthcare is somehow going to be more pleasant or honorable.

Last edited:
Plus, plus.. However, many more to go just to reach the revenge ratio achieved prior to Oct. 7th. Three or four times as many shall be required to placate your average Zionist hardliner's hatred quotient at a minimum. To save any remaining buildings, Palestinian journalists, women, and children need to start walking out into the open with signs screaming "Shoot me too!" in droves. It's not like starving to death or dying from lack of healthcare is somehow going to be more pleasant or honorable.

They should do that!
Or they could hold signs pointing out where Hamas is hiding.

Forum List

Back