The Hardest Worker Get's the Best Pay, Right?

The hardest worker get's the best pay. So work harder and you will get more pay, right?

CEO vs. worker pay: 10 companies with the biggest gaps - Walmart - CSMonitor.com

Well, no actually. How ‘hard’ you work is utterly irrelevant. Ideally, the most VALUABLE worker gets the most pay. The reality is that the most valuable worker who has managed to negotiate the most favorable position from their employer gets the best pay.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Yeah "hard work" is not really a necessary and sufficient condtion for being paid. A guy who shows up at 6AM and doesnt leave until 9PM but doesnt add much value will not do as well as something who works fewer hours but brings in big sales all the time.

The hardest worker get's the best pay. So work harder and you will get more pay, right?

CEO vs. worker pay: 10 companies with the biggest gaps - Walmart - CSMonitor.com

Well, no actually. How ‘hard’ you work is utterly irrelevant. Ideally, the most VALUABLE worker gets the most pay. The reality is that the most valuable worker who has managed to negotiate the most favorable position from their employer gets the best pay.

So you think that "Mental" work is different than "Physical" work.

I've met book smart people that have no common sense and work smart people with no book sense.

Last edited:
The best worker today is the position willing to tell the hard workers that they can't get a raise.

"Hard" workers aren't necessarily good though...are they? A person who is flinging crap all over the place at a work site is causing more work to have to be done when the punch list is done.

No, the best workers are those who work hard...AND smart. Duplication of effort is stupid. Smart workers don't do that.

A janitor who works very hard at mopping floors will end up a floor mopping janitor. A janitor who mops the floors then cleans the windows will be promoted to janitorial supervisor or just start his own company.

So you think that "Mental" work is different than "Physical" work.

I've met book smart people that have no common sense and work smart people with no book sense.

We all have.
WHo gets paid more: a construction worker or an architect?

Nice strawman you've built yourself there. No one says the harder you work the more pay you get.

Y'know, in this case, I'm not sure that is a straw man.

I think it's possible that many people have this type of naive, simplistic perception of business and employees.

Seriously.

I'm sure I make more then a few of my co workers.
I went on the interview for the job I now have over 16 years ago.
They were in a bit of a bind as someone had just quit.

They probably paid more then they wanted when they hired me.
That was fortunate for me.
If the person I was replacing had not quit I would not have gotten the salary I wanted...
It would have been less and I would have taken it as I needed the job....

Supply and demand.

Working hard does not necessarily equate with working smart. Also, depends on the job and what the position or task requires. I have always enjoyed more value when I worked for myself than working for someone else. The pay in not always in dollars, but other valueable consideration/authority or latitude in the decision making process. For me there is great value is being creative in problem solving.

The smartest worker gets the better pay than the harder worker everytime. The smarter worker will do things that not just keep the business going (which is all the hard worker will do), but will allow it to prosper and grow more successful. Why shouldn't they be paid more?

Truly good CEOs are the combination of hard AND smart workers. Those that lead their companies the honest way and reap the considerable rewards of that deserve their higher wages.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The smartest worker gets the better pay than the harder worker everytime. The smarter worker will do things that not just keep the business going (which is all the hard worker will do), but will allow it to prosper and grow more successful. Why shouldn't they be paid more?

Truly good CEOs are the combination of hard AND smart workers. Those that lead their companies the honest way and reap the considerable rewards of that deserve their higher wages.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So you are stating that smart workers deserve more pay than hard workers?

I'm unraveling a cultural flaw here. Physical labor vs Mental labor.

I'm curious why so many said hard workers don't deserve the better pay but the smart workers did.

PS. this has nothing to do with CEO's.
Do smart workers not work hard?

Last edited:
Executive level positions make their own salary as they are in control of the purse strings, sorta like our congress awarded itself pay increases for doing really nothing. Unions have been pretty much destroyed in America by the agitprop of corporate money and the lemmings who vote in the corporate tools. Consider that many Americans support strong unions but just not in America. Limbaugh among many others Americans are enamored of German autos, supporting union workers who make double the wages of union workers in our auto industry. Vanity is a big seller. Americans also support high end Japanese and now Korean cars where they embargo our products and again have universal healthcare.

One has to come to the conclusion that Americans are a dumb people guided by corporate ads and partisan blinders.

"Piketty's central discovery, if we may call it that, is that contemporary capitalism is over the long run steadily transferring huge quantities of wealth from the poor to the rich, reconstituting thereby the inherited or patrimonial privilege and power characteristic of Europe in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. This fact may come as a surprise to professional economists, but it does not particularly startle those of us who have squandered our youth and idled away our maturity reading Karl Marx. All societies exist for the purpose of transferring wealth from those who create it -- the poor -- to those who do not -- the rich. The academic professions exist for the purpose of rationalizing this transfer, the churches exist for the purpose of blessing it, and the arts exist for the purpose of decorating the transfer so as to make it as charming as possible [even though this often comes to nothing more than putting lipstick on a pig.]" Robert Paul Wolff in The Philosopher's Stone: THOMAS PIKETTY CAPITAL IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY CONCLUSION

Income Inequality (30): A Primer on Inequality and Economic Growth | P.a.p.-Blog // Human Rights Etc.

Last edited:
No guys really. We need to listen and learn from people who don't work and have trouble spelling CEO. They know how to run a business.

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Forum List

Back