The Hand of God?

You know what God REALLY could have done to help? Not let her get put into a coma in the first place. :cool:

You truly fail to understand the concept of the Christian God, don't you?
If tomorrow a giant tidal wave strikes the east coast killing tens of millions of people, I'm sure many of the survivors will thank God for his kindness in allowing them to live. :cool:

Atheists and agnostics are their own worst enemies. They reject and ridicule God and those who know him, but they do so at their own peril. I find it hard to feel sad for them.

Atheists and agnostics are their own worst enemies. They reject and ridicule God and those who know him, but they do so at their own peril. I find it hard to feel sad for them.
I'm sure God ignores the hatred and racism in your heart.
I have no hate in my heart and if being honest in forming opinions based on statistics and experience is what you consider racism, then you don't understand the meaning of the word "racism".

As a matter of fact, He does --- it's yours that is in trouble.
Oh he does? I can be as racist and hateful as I want?! Southern Baptist church, here I come! :rofl:

I have no hate in my heart and if being honest in forming opinions based on statistics and experience is what you consider racism, then you don't understand the meaning of the word "racism".
It's okay Spare_Change said God's fine with people being racist and despicable. So you're good. :thup:

It's okay Spare_Change said God's fine with people being racist and despicable. So you're good. :thup:
You illustrate my point where I said it's hard to feel sad for you. I have to admit I'm glad you won't be around in the afterlife. I would not want to share paradise with the likes of you.

You illustrate my point where I said it's hard to feel sad for you. I have to admit I'm glad you won't be around in the afterlife. I would not want to share paradise with the likes of you.
How Christian. :cool:

You want me to lie?

You want me to lie?
I'd prefer if you'd stfu.

You know what God REALLY could have done to help? Not let her get put into a coma in the first place. :cool:

You truly fail to understand the concept of the Christian God, don't you?

The most horrific atrocities and massacre not to mention the hate and wars that have killed countless humans.
This is a loving and just god?
A god that lets his angles become as powerful as himself and cause untold pain and suffering to humans that god created and loves? An evil being that will, according to end of world prophecies, destroy the world and all life, unchecked by god?

A god that punishes minor infraction as well as the worst of crimes? A god that will randomly pick some to be save while other will perish?

No rhyme or reason that some good people suffer while evil ones prosper? That innocent children have to go through cancer and birth defect or crippling disease? That babies who are not baptized should go to hell?

This is the concept of god that we should all be devoted to?

A god that would put his 'son' and a quarter of a million jews to the roman crosses? A god that would let an evil mad man kills 6 million jews in death camps? A god that would let Stalin kill more than 20 million of his own people? That lets christians be beheaded by the likes of ISIS? That allows so many refugees from war and famine suffer or die?

This is a god that made his own angles bow to these humans he so loves? A god that pits christian against christians and muslims against christian and muslims against muslims and both against the jews?

Innocent are killed because of earthquakes, storms, tsunamis, volcanoes, fires, hurricanes and countless other natural disaster? This is the hand of god? A god that so loves humans he created that he kills his own son and still lets innocent suffer from sins of the ancient past?

What is the logic if the great love? How does this love inspire the prayers of so many people? Why does he even need our love and prayers? He made the animals but does not require their love and devotion. He creates planets but lets astroid destroy life on those planets. This is god's hand?

You want me to lie?
I'd prefer if you'd stfu.
Thank you for validating my position.

Exposition: Good-Evil Railways

The Ancient Greeks called the Hand of God 'deux ex machina' or divine intervention.

When we see an athlete perform an incredible act of sport, such as Maradona's wondrous goal-run against England in the 1986 World Cup, we may feel the 'hand of God' at work, performing miracles to make us feel optimistic and inspired.

There's nothing wrong 'technically' with believing that the hand of God is directly at work in the everyday miracles found in the field of medicine or any given well-functioning hospital or veterinary care center.

Human history is filled with stories about crime and criminality which stir our eerie fascination with disintegration or destruction or dismay. For every inspirational folk hero such as Robin Hood (the English archer who valiantly stole from the rich and gave to the poor), there is a story about a media-glorified maniac such as Jack the Ripper (the stalker who killed prostitutes in the night streets of London, baffling the police of Scotland Yard).

Consider for example the following hypothetical pairings:

1. (the Good) Patch Adams -- a humorous doctor who performed special clown acts designed to make his young patients feel more at ease.

(the Evil) Ludwig the Psycho Magician -- performed saw-cutting magic acts in front of an audience that was unaware that he was in fact killing the girls in the act who seemed to be 'evading' his deadly saw.

2. (the Good) Merlin -- the incredible wizard who guided King Arthur to a wise rule over the fabled kingdom of Camelot

(the Evil) Hook -- the evil pirate captain who defied the optimistic magic charms of the flying boy Peter Pan

3. (the Good) Pinocchio -- the wondrous wooden boy who wished he could become a real human being

(the Evil) Leatherface -- the cannibalistic chainsaw-wielding maniac who would saw people's heads off to make masks

4. (the Good) Bonnie and Clyde -- the romantic couple who performed daring bank robberies during the Depression

(the Evil) Red Hood Gang -- the diabolical bank robbing gang terrorizing Gotham City

5. (the Good) Ariel and Eric -- the mermaid-woman and valiant prince destined to become lovers despite the odds

(the Evil) Baroness and Destro -- the fascist couple consulting for the creepy terrorist group Cobra

--------------

When we think of such good-evil pairings, be they fictional or non-fictional, how do we think of the reliability of divine intervention?

:afro:

Hellraiser (Film)

x-men.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously, most people don't want 'God', they want Santa Claus.
Or, perhaps they've never really considered the concept of God. If by 'God', we mean the Creator of All, then God is in all, everywhere and everything. So, there is nothing happening but 'by the hand of God'.
People want God to be separate from their universe and then step in especially to help. They want to divide God up. That could not be God.
This is the error of all religion, breaking God into fragments, descriptions and limitations. In religious terms, that would be blasphemy in that it insults God and the meaning of God's existence. It also communicates a false idea of God to others, thus corrupting them.
If people believe in God, then see God everywhere and stop looking for exceptions.
For those who don't believe, we can understand why, having been exposed to so much b. s. by those who claim to. Of course, non-believers may have other reasons.

Forum List

Back