The Hand of God?

Atheists and agnostics are their own worst enemies. They reject and ridicule God and those who know him, but they do so at their own peril. I find it hard to feel sad for them.
I'm sure God ignores the hatred and racism in your heart.
I have no hate in my heart and if being honest in forming opinions based on statistics and experience is what you consider racism, then you don't understand the meaning of the word "racism".
It's okay Spare_Change said God's fine with people being racist and despicable. So you're good. :thup:

More twisted, and intentionally misinterpreted, bullshit .... I hope you go to Confession this week.

Atheists and agnostics are their own worst enemies. They reject and ridicule God and those who know him, but they do so at their own peril. I find it hard to feel sad for them.

Theistic beliefs are little more than cultural / environmental / socio-political conditioning. You're just as adamant about your gawds being the true gawds as those worshipping at the altar of all the gawds invented before yours which are now looked upon as myth and legend.

I know people like to be excused from the discipline of criteria and definition, but... well… you've run across someone who is insisting that which you define maintains the integrity of its own definition. After all, it's only fair since you're the one making these definitions of the gawds you were given and arguing that they must be true. That's okay with me, as long as you understand that your gawds are completely irrelevant in terms of truth versus other gawds.

You reject the true gawds at your own peril. You are going to suffer eternal torment for worshipping the false gawds of your cultural / environmental / socio-political place of birth.

You know what God REALLY could have done to help? Not let her get put into a coma in the first place. :cool:

You truly fail to understand the concept of the Christian God, don't you?
If tomorrow a giant tidal wave strikes the east coast killing tens of millions of people, I'm sure many of the survivors will thank God for his kindness in allowing them to live. :cool:

and tough crap to those who died

Theistic beliefs are little more than cultural / environmental / socio-political conditioning. You're just as adamant about your gawds being the true gawds as those worshipping at the altar of all the gawds invented before yours which are now looked upon as myth and legend.

I know people like to be excused from the discipline of criteria and definition, but... well… you've run across someone who is insisting that which you define maintains the integrity of its own definition. After all, it's only fair since you're the one making these definitions of the gawds you were given and arguing that they must be true. That's okay with me, as long as you understand that your gawds are completely irrelevant in terms of truth versus other gawds.

You reject the true gawds at your own peril. You are going to suffer eternal torment for worshipping the false gawds of your cultural / environmental / socio-political place of birth.

Have you considered the possibility that all gods ARE the one true God? Maybe, Allah, my God, and the Hindu god are one and the same ... maybe the only thing different is the method used to reach the chosen. Maybe there is a natural evolution of acceptance, and compliance, with each of the gods.

People confuse the man-made structure of organized religion with the covenant with God. Religion, by definition, is riddled with the foibles and fallacies of man, whereas the covenant with your God is pure and right. God did not tell Catholics to create the Inquisition - that is the result of an interpretation, and application, by man. Maybe the same is true for Muslims today.

Atheists, in their narrowmindedness, are quick to point out that we shouldn't blame Muslims for their actions, since 1500 years ago, Christians did the same thing. Maybe, 1500 years from now, Muslims will be where Christians are now.

The point is simple - you don't know.

Some are aware of the theory that Jesus, after being resurrected, visited other peoples - most provably, the Mayans. Is it possible? Sure - but we don't know.

Have you considered the possibility that all gods ARE the one true God? Maybe, Allah, my God, and the Hindu god are one and the same ... maybe the only thing different is the method used to reach the chosen. Maybe there is a natural evolution of acceptance, and compliance, with each of the gods.

People confuse the man-made structure of organized religion with the covenant with God. Religion, by definition, is riddled with the foibles and fallacies of man, whereas the covenant with your God is pure and right. God did not tell Catholics to create the Inquisition - that is the result of an interpretation, and application, by man. Maybe the same is true for Muslims today.

Atheists, in their narrowmindedness, are quick to point out that we shouldn't blame Muslims for their actions, since 1500 years ago, Christians did the same thing. Maybe, 1500 years from now, Muslims will be where Christians are now.

The point is simple - you don't know.

Some are aware of the theory that Jesus, after being resurrected, visited other peoples - most provably, the Mayans. Is it possible? Sure - but we don't know.
There is only one God, the God of Abraham. Islam was created by a single individual who got his message from a single lesser deity, who claimed to be Gabriel. Islam is a religion bent on destruction of this world. This is a goal far more sinister than any other religion I know of. Whoever or whatever the lesser deity claiming to be Gabriel was/is do not confuse that thing with God but also do not underestimate the followers of a deity. Even if it is a lesser deity it is still a greater power than any one of us. That is why we pray for the power of God to guide us.

You know what God REALLY could have done to help? Not let her get put into a coma in the first place. :cool:

If tomorrow a giant tidal wave strikes the east coast killing tens of millions of people, I'm sure many of the survivors will thank God for his kindness in allowing them to live. :cool:

Yep. How wonderful for that 1 in a 100,000 individual who wins the "gawd saved me™" miracle cancer cure, (notwithstanding that cancer has a small spontaneous remission rate anyway.)

And screw those other losers who died. The gawds hated them for some reason so they deserved to die.

Remember that the crusades took place at a time when reading was a privilege of only a small percentage of the population and the catholic church had a strong hand upon those who were allowed to do so. Today, there is no excuse for not knowing what scripture says. If you choose to reject it then it is your problem. Personally...I have experienced way too many things that prove it to be true but you know Jesus asked many times "who do you say I am?" and left it to every person to make their decision because in the beginning God created man to have free will

Sorry, but God brings it on Himself with his mysterious, and often dickish, ways.

Yep. How wonderful for that 1 in a 100,000 individual who wins the "gawd saved me™" miracle cancer cure, (notwithstanding that cancer has a small spontaneous remission rate anyway.)

And screw those other losers who died. The gawds hated them for some reason so they deserved to die.

You make no sense whatsoever .... what an incredibly asinine statement.

Whatever you say, Hollie. Now go take your medicine, ok?

You make no sense whatsoever .... what an incredibly asinine statement.
Too befuddled to write a coherent comment?

Whatever you say, Hollie. Now go take your medicine, ok?

Befuddled. You've been there before.

Found right before ice storm hit...

N.C. Officers Save Blind Man Before Ice Storm
Jan 29, 2016 -- Wadesboro police officers found a missing blind man just before a winter storm hit Anson County on Jan. 21.
When Chief Thedis Spencer's department received a call about the missing 62-year-old, who Spencer said is completely blind, his officers wasted no time in the hunt. As temperatures dropped on Jan. 21 ahead of the storm, Spencer said he knew time was short. The man, who police declined to identify, went walking with a friend about 1:30 p.m. but when his wife had not heard from him by 6 that evening, she called police. "The officers were advised by the wife that the other gentleman her husband left with told her that her husband had decided he was ready to go home, and instead of assisting the man back, the subject he was walking with just turned him around and pointed him in the right direction; an action which could have resulted in a devastating injury had it not been for our officers," Spencer said.

Officers Alex Sherwood and Thomas Luckey were at the end of their shift when they got the call. The officers split up. Luckey talked with the man's wife and looked into the area where he was supposed to be heading, formulating a rescue plan with Spencer. Sherwood was searching a logging road behind Harlem Heights Road, where the man lives, about one mile from the man's intended destination of Anson Inn when he heard noise in the woods. He found the missing man about 25 yards from the road just 30 minutes after police had begun the search. It took him three tries to get through the dense brush to the man.

Sherwood said it took him at least 10 minutes to get the man untangled from the brush and to the road. It was such a mess that thorns ripped and ruined the officer's uniform. "He was in a densely wooded area," Sherwood said. "I couldn't see him, I could only hear him. There are no houses back there and no traffic. His wife and another subject had already been nearby looking for him, but nobody goes back there." The man declined medical assistance and had no injuries, according to Spencer. "He insisted he was OK, just cold," Spencer said. "With the way the weather was that night, he could've lost his life with the frigid air and wind. I'm just glad we found him. His family was very excited to have him back home."

Sherwood said he thought to look in the area since it was not populated, guessing that if the man had been in a residential area, someone would have seen him. "He was saying, 'Thank God, thank God,' and just praising Jesus," Sherwood said. "I imagine that he'd been praying the whole time he'd been out there and felt his prayers were answered when he was found." Luckey said that the man's rescue was something of a miracle. "He was very close to a large pond and a ravine," Luckey said. "If he'd gone over there, we never would've found him." Police don't usually begin searching for missing persons immediately, but given the man's disability and the coming storm, Luckey said the department was in a rush to find him.

MORE

On two occasions I have gone done on my knees and begged God to help me out of a crisis. On both occasions, my prayer was answered immediately.

All my other prayers have been hit and miss.

Officer survives being shot 7 times...
icon_omg.gif

Wounded Pennsylvania Officer Recovering; Suspect in Custody
June 26, 2016 - Folcroft Police Officer Christopher Dorman was shot in the face through both cheeks, in his groin, in a leg and four times in his chest Friday morning.
The call to Folcroft police Friday morning came in like a standard report: A resident had spotted a drug deal on the 1500 block of Elmwood Avenue, and wanted an officer to check it out. Christopher Dorman, a 25-year-old part-time officer who had just celebrated his one-year milestone with the department, responded to the call just before 10 a.m. Within seconds, a run-of-the-mill crime became an ambush, one of the most horrific police shootings Delaware County authorities say they have ever seen. Police say 33-year-old Donte Brooks Island -- commonly known as Abdul Wahi -- fired seven shots from a .40-caliber pistol as Dorman approached, striking the officer in the face through both cheeks, in his groin, in a leg, and four times in his chest. "I'm shot in the face! I'm shot in the face!" Dorman shouted to dispatchers. The call, broadcast over police radio, captured more shots being fired and Dorman repeating, "I'm shot! I'm shot!"

After firing at two officers who arrived after Dorman was hit -- and hitting neither -- Island fled, launching a three-hour manhunt that drew nearly 200 officers from across the region and multiple armored vehicles to the tiny borough. Around 1 p.m. Friday, authorities found Island hiding out in an apartment on the same block. For hours, police had driven armored vehicles up and down the block and evacuated homes, raiding apartment after apartment looking for him. Island was expected to be arraigned Friday night on multiple counts of attempted murder and aggravated assault, authorities said. Dorman was in critical but stable condition Friday evening after undergoing multiple surgeries throughout the day. He is expected to make a full recovery, Folcroft police announced on Twitter Friday night. "This is a callous individual, he is a career criminal," District Attorney John J. Whelan said at a news conference Friday night at the Folcroft Fire Company station. "If we have our way ... he will never see the light of day again."

folcroftofficer.576e94127175f.jpg

Folcroft Police Officer Christopher Dorman was shot in the face through both cheeks, in his groin, in a leg and four times in his chest Friday morning.​

Police Chief Robert Ruskowski said Dorman grew up in Folcroft and long aspired to be a police officer. At 16, he joined Folcroft's fire company, volunteering mornings and nights throughout high school. Last June, he joined the Police Department. And this summer, he was in the final steps of applying to work for SEPTA Transit Police, Ruskowski said. "He's the guy . . . that you don't want to lose," Ruskowski said. "That's how great he is." Friends said Dorman picked up extra shifts constantly because he loved being a police officer. Around town, they said, everyone knew him. "He just wanted to give back to Folcroft," said Vinny Ferraccio, 26, a Glenolden resident, who said he has been friends with Dorman since they were 6. "He is the funniest, goofiest guy; he was always just there. You know Chris was someone you could always count on."

Measuring less than two square miles, Folcroft Borough is not far from Philadelphia International Airport. One in five of its 6,500 residents lives below the poverty line. Certain spots -- including the 1500 block of Elmwood Avenue, where the shooting took place -- are known to be hubs for drugs. Police say that's where Island lived after being released from a 15-year sentence in federal prison. Since at least 2001, court records show, Island has been arrested multiple times in Philadelphia and its suburbs for dealing drugs, illegally carrying a firearm, and engaging in disorderly conduct. Whelan said there was an active warrant for his arrest. "I always saw him hanging around, coming in and out of apartments," said Tamika Dailey, 46, who lives on the block.

MORE

See also:

Wounded Pa. Officer Released From Hospital
June 27, 2016 - Folcroft Officer Christopher Dorman was wheeled out of Penn Presbyterian Medical Center's emergency room Monday afternoon.
The Delaware County police officer wounded in a shooting last week has been released from the hospital. Folcroft Officer Christopher Dorman, 25, was wheeled out of Penn Presbyterian Medical Center's emergency room about 2:15 p.m. Monday. The 25-year-old officer, who was shot seven times Friday while he responded to a report of drug activity, was greeted by claps and cheers from the more than 150 officers who had gathered at the hospital. "Thank god he's alive," said Folcroft Police Chief Robert Ruskowski, outside Penn Presbyterian shortly before the officer's release. "It's hard to believe from Friday to Monday." Ruskowski said Dorman still faces a number of surgeries for his wounds. "The main thing is, he survived with no complications and he is going to be okay," he said.

paofficer.5771aad36156e.jpg

Folcroft Officer Christopher Dorman was wheeled out of Penn Presbyterian Medical Center's emergency room Monday afternoon.​

The chief said his heart dropped when he learned Dorman had been shot seven times. "You're planning a funeral at that point," he said. Now, Dorman is "ready to go," and in "great spirits," he said. "He has a bunch of lottery tickets all over his body." After leaving the hospital, Dorman got into a Folcroft police cruiser, surrounded by Philadelphia police motorcycles, to go to the borough's fire station, where well-wishers are expected to greet him. His family rode in a limousine. Ruskowski described Dorman as "a warrior" who was conscious the entire time and continued to give police information on the shooter.

Sgt. Bill Bair, who had been about a half-mile away, said he rushed to the scene when he learned Dorman was hit. Shots were still being fired when he pulled up. The wounded officer jumped into the front seat of Bair's Chevrolet Tahoe. He told the sergeant, "Don't let me die," Bair recounted. "You're not going to die," the sergeant said he told Dorman, who was suffering from a "gruesome" facial wound. "There was blood everywhere," Bair said. "He wasn't complaining about his wounds."

Bair said his car was cleaned, sanitized and ready to escort Dorman back to Folcroft. "How do you get shot seven times and not hit one vital" organ, he said. "I think you get worse in a bar fight." After Dorman was shot, an hours-long manhunt for the suspect ensued in the small Delaware County borough. Police captured the alleged gunman, 33-year-old Donte Brooks Island, who is also known as Abdul Wahi, early Friday afternoon. He has been charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and other offenses. The chief said counseling will be made available for his entire department.

Wounded Pennsylvania Police Officer Released From Hospital

Forum List

Back