Denzel Washington Recognizes A Debt

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I knew there was a reason that Denzel Washington was one of my favs.

1." Denzel Washington to College Grads: 'Put God First'

2. ... delivering the commencement speech at Dillard University on Sunday, Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington told the college graduates to "put God first" in everything they do, adding that everything he has accomplished in this life was due to "the grace of God."

3. "Everything you think you see in me, everything I’ve accomplished, everything you think I have – and I have a few things," said Washington. "Everything that I have is by the grace of God. Understand that. It’s a gift."

4. ... the star of such films as Malcolm X, Training Day, Glory, The Book of Eli, and The Equalizer, said, “When I was young and started really making it as an actor, I came and talked to my mother and said, ‘Mom, did you think this was going to happen? I’d be so big and I’ll be able to take care of everybody and I can do this and I can do that.’"

5. "She said, ‘Boy, stop it right there, stop it right there, stop it right there!" he continued. "She said, ‘If you only knew how many people been praying for you.’

6. how many prayer talks she gave, how many times she splashed me with holy water to save my sorry behind."

7. "'I’ll tell you what you can do by yourself: Go outside and get a mop and bucket and clean these windows – you can do that by yourself, superstar.’"

8. ... I’m saying that because I want to congratulate all the parents and friends and family and aunties and uncles and grandmother and grandfathers, all the people that helped you get to where you are today," Washington told the graduates.

9. He reminded that crowd that no matter how much you attain in material goods, "you will never see a U-Haul behind a hearse."

10 ...."I pray that you put your slippers under your bed tonight, so that when you wake up in the morning you have to get on your knees to reach them."

And while you’re down there, say thank you,"
Denzel Washington to College Grads Put God First

Then there was this....
‘I,’ ‘Me,’ ‘My’—Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration"
I Me My Obama Uses First Person Singular 91 Times in Speech on Immigration

If you like an actor that acts the same every time, killer....

No doubt you refer to Barack Obama.

Hard to understand your reasoning.
Barack did all dem movies Denzel claimed to be in?

Nah...he acted his way into a position he didn't have the ability to successfully perform.

And, contrary to every measurement of reality...he brags about failure.

Barack Obama.
Better to have tried and failed then to never have tried at all.....
“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.”....

Nah...he acted his way into a position he didn't have the ability to successfully perform.

Barack Obama.
“Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.”....

Pssssst....the real abject failure was the voters who couldn't see through this windbag....even after his first go-around.

That you?

Raise your paw.

Barack Obama.

Pssssst....the real abject failure was the voters who couldn't see through this windbag....even after his first go-around.

That you?

Raise your paw.
I vote green Party...It ain't a party without the green........

His father was a holy roller preacher and Denzel has said he planned to do the same. He supported President Obama. And he's a good actor.

So?

Denzel has the balls to announce his faith in person during a publicized speech.

Politicalchic is too much of a coward to even reveal her religious beliefs from an anonymous userhandle on a meaningless messageboard because her ego could not handle the scrutiny. Denzel would likely call you a little pussy, just a guess.

Denzel has the balls to announce his faith in person during a publicized speech.

Politicalchic is too much of a coward to even reveal her religious beliefs from an anonymous userhandle on a meaningless messageboard because her ego could not handle the scrutiny. Denzel would likely call you a little pussy, just a guess.

Hard to imagine how jejune you life must be.

Time and again you attempt to insinuate your way into mine.

Details of my personal life are on a need-to-know basis...
and why sugarcoat it? You do not need to know.

11. "Thank you for grace, thank you for mercy, thank you for understanding, thank you for wisdom, thank you for parents. ... True desire in the heart for anything good is God’s proof to you,....

12. In a January 2008 interview with Oprah Winfrey, she asked Washington, “What makes you the most proud?” He said, “I'm careful about the word ‘proud.’ I'm happy to have read the Bible from cover to cover. I'm on my second go-round—I read one chapter a day. Right now I'm digging John. He just had dinner with Mary, and things are about to take a turn for the worse.”

13. Denzel Washington, 60, is married, has five children and is a Pentecostal Christian. "
Denzel Washington to College Grads Put God First

It's easy for someone to say he is a success because of God and not hard work. I'm still waiting for God to get the blame side of that coin. Why did God intervene to make sure Denzel got the role on St. Elsewhere, but couldn't be bothered to keep kids from getting cancer? Or so and so made a big catch in some game, but killed a couple thousand in earthquakes?

If there is some god or force, it's like the Deists conception: there but takes no role in the universe now. You get where you get because of skill, hard work, connections, and just plain dumb luck.

After reading the above thread, take a moment to consider this:

The most destructive thing that Progressives, and most particularly FDR, did to America was to change the emphasis from the spiritual to the material....

And that is why Roosevelt was able to overlook the slaughter of millions of human beings by Stalin under Marxist/materialist doctrines, and offer it a home in America.

The emphasis on the material is the reason that the Liberal welfare system will always result in exactly the opposite of what it claims to desire....

'The Left’s concept of materialism broadens into the overarching desire to see every individual materially equal. The Left is less interested in creating wealth than in distributing it, and has been far more interested in fighting material inequality than tyranny, which is why Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, etc., tend to have the support of Leftists around the world.

'End social and economic inequality and one will have Utopia!'

Sadly, attempts toward creation of utopia in this world lead to dystopia. Which leads to this comparison: conservatives marvel at how good America is, Leftists want to ‘transform’ it.'
Prager, ”Still The Best Hope”

"You know, I always look to you for counsel, but sermons make me sleepy, Shepherd. I ain't looking for help from on high. That's a long wait on a train don't come."

His father was a holy roller preacher and Denzel has said he planned to do the same. He supported President Obama. And he's a good actor.

So?
If his mother was splashing holy water on him he is a Catholic, Luddly, not a Holy Roller. The Catholic priests have taken to calling themselves Pastors in some churches but it is still Catholicism.

Forum List

Back