The growing liberal stampede to the left

Paint.

Gipper may be right. After all, we liberals had to work pretty hard to undo the mess that the founders left us with. We freed the slaves. Then we gave them the vote. We gave women the vote. we stopped slaughtering the Indians. We created peacetime armed forces. We changed the country from agricultural based, to industry based. We created free public education. We ended starvation by creating safety nets. The list goes on and on.

My thanks to the moderators for taking out the trash.

Back to the subject:
Today's Democrats' headlong rush to the left isn't an isolated incident. Leftists in various government do the same all over the world, with few exceptions. I have cited two, and there are many more. And when they do, the result is invariably the same in every case: mass suffering, often mass death, and the destruction of the government... or of the entire society if the people don't manage to throw off the government in time.

The tendency is far too dangerous to leave it to play out to its inevitable conclusion in this country. Honset people have worked too hard and too long, building up a nation that, for all its flaws, is the most prosperous, safest, and most charitable nation the world has ever seen.

Pointing to the rare occasional examples of small, subservient leftist nations that have NOT been destroyed by the blind fanaticism of their leaders, does not sufficiently justify the setting of that time bomb in yet more nations.

We cannot let it go the way of the other nations that have been infected by the rampant liberal fanaticism we are sarting to see here.

Last edited:
Paint.

Gipper may be right. After all, we liberals had to work pretty hard to undo the mess that the founders left us with. We freed the slaves. Then we gave them the vote. We gave women the vote. we stopped slaughtering the Indians. We created peacetime armed forces. We changed the country from agricultural based, to industry based. We created free public education. We ended starvation by creating safety nets. The list goes on and on.
All of which they would say were mistakes but I can find only one, giving them the vote.

Liberals stampeding to the left?

I am trying to put that in perspective regarding Clive Bundy's theft of government cattle land for grazing, while Idaho "militia men" are all parading around with high powered rifles daring the government to do something about it. I confess that it does not seem to me like it is the Left that is stampeding...
Agree. The left has been pretty much standing still. The reactionary right has been stampeding so far to the right, they are going over the cliff. We just look far left in comparison.

Since Obama's election, we have seen the Democrats take over one-sixth of the nation's economy and put it under government control; the IRS deliberately withholding nonprofit status to conservative organizations before an election (Richard Nixon got article of impeachment drawn up against him for merely ASKING them to do that); a U.S. Ambassador and three other Americans killed by terrorists with no investigation or arrests, etc. etc.

And here we have the usual leftist fanatics trying to claim their party has been "pretty much standing still".

Myopia can go little further.

It's not just the Brown issue. They still think Obama isn't a liar too, even though there are countless videos where he says one thing, then later says the opposite. It must be that they can't come to terms with the fact that they were sold a bill of goods by this communist charlatan so they defend him to avoid admitting they were duped. Pride can be a very destructive thing, as liberals demonstrate every day.
Obama is just a populist politician, who studied various orators and found good speech writers. Obama played into the desperation of Americans for 'change', and seemed to offer it when he was elected. But in reality he was just a political replacement for Bush, with a liberal bent as opposed to a conservative one. Presidents that aren't supported by a faction of the corporate elite and lobby groups, are never elected.

You are a strange man, you just called the founding fathers who you said are liberals like you "teabaggers "and "reactionaries" like "most of the GOP these days."
No, I didn't you stupid moron. Learn how to read. And liberals today are the same as liberals in the past, we're just 230 years smarter. Libertarians are little more than selfish children, and not people the Founders would have respected.

I do not know how anyone can think as you do. Today's liberals have NOTHING in common with the Founders. To think otherwise, is delusional and out right NUTS!
You don't know any liberals so how the hell what you know what we think, you never bother to ask.

And we have much in common, it's our damn country founded by people like us. You just don't know them or us well enough to understand. All you know is what Fox and Talk Radio tell you. Just like the OP, you're clueless.

I know many liberals and most are not nearly as ignorant as you.

The left controls nearly everything in this country. As such, it is impossible for any American not to know what liberals think, if they pay the slightest attention. We all see liberalism in action every day.

Liberalism has and continues to destroy nearly everything the Founders held dear. That is clear to anyone capable of thinking...as such, you are excluded.
You have absolutely no clue what the Founders thought or what Liberalism is. And this is a liberal nation so suck it up and deal with it.

And what the Founders held dear? Who the fuck cares (beyond it's good to know), we don't live in 1789 now do we, so if the times have changed then change with them. They were men not gods and they expected us to create a government that works in our day just like they created one that worked in theirs. The Constitution wasn't carved in stone and they'd be dumbfounded at the fact we still use the bloody thing. We've been needing a new one for ages and they would have expected us to have done what they did, make up a government that works.

The founders wouldn't be dumbfounded that we still use the Constitution. Eternal truths do not succumb to the ravages of time.

"They" wrote a document that they wanted followed, to the letter, because they also understood that men would work to corrupt it.

"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson to William Johnson, 1823. ME 15:449

Mark

No, I didn't you stupid moron. Learn how to read. And liberals today are the same as liberals in the past, we're just 230 years smarter. Libertarians are little more than selfish children, and not people the Founders would have respected.

I do not know how anyone can think as you do. Today's liberals have NOTHING in common with the Founders. To think otherwise, is delusional and out right NUTS!
You don't know any liberals so how the hell what you know what we think, you never bother to ask.

And we have much in common, it's our damn country founded by people like us. You just don't know them or us well enough to understand. All you know is what Fox and Talk Radio tell you. Just like the OP, you're clueless.

The left controls nearly everything in this country. As such, it is impossible for any American not to know what liberals think, if they pay the slightest attention. We all see liberalism in action every day.

Liberalism has and continues to destroy nearly everything the Founders held dear. That is clear to anyone capable of thinking...as such, you are excluded.
You have absolutely no clue what the Founders thought or what Liberalism is. And this is a liberal nation so suck it up and deal with it.

And what the Founders held dear? Who the fuck cares (beyond it's good to know), we don't live in 1789 now do we, so if the times have changed then change with them. They were men not gods and they expected us to create a government that works in our day just like they created one that worked in theirs. The Constitution wasn't carved in stone and they'd be dumbfounded at the fact we still use the bloody thing. We've been needing a new one for ages and they would have expected us to have done what they did, make up a government that works.

The founders wouldn't be dumbfounded that we still use the Constitution. Eternal truths do not succumb to the ravages of time.

"They" wrote a document that they wanted followed, to the letter, because they also understood that men would work to corrupt it.

"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson to William Johnson, 1823. ME 15:449
Their truths were not Eternal, far from it. Stop idolizing them and start understanding them. Then you will start to figure out why men who wrote Equality and Liberty down owned other human beings.

Today's liberal elites were known as quislings
Those were the Tories, your kind, you know, Conservatives, and the fled to Canada when they weren't spying on my people who threw the American Revolution.

So tea partiers who want to slash taxes and the cost of government are liberals, and those who support the government and are fine with it's taxes are conservatives?

You really need to read your crap before you click "Post." LOL. Wow.
The Teabaggers are reactionaries. like most of the GOP these days, and the Founders were Liberal Elites. I learned my "crap", long ago, now it's your turn.
Lolz @ non-jake's use of reactionary

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Those were the Tories, your kind, you know, Conservatives, and the fled to Canada when they weren't spying on my people who threw the American Revolution.

So tea partiers who want to slash taxes and the cost of government are liberals, and those who support the government and are fine with it's taxes are conservatives?

The Teabaggers are reactionaries. like most of the GOP these days, and the Founders were Liberal Elites. I learned my "crap", long ago, now it's your turn.
Yeah, learn what a reactionary is, it means you and your little reach-around buddies here.

reactionary

[ree-ak-shuh-ner-ee]
adjective
of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring reaction, especially extreme conservatism or rightism in politics; opposing political or social change.
noun, plural reactionaries.
a reactionary person.

QUOTE="Political Junky, post: 10295006, member: 19507"]As the Right moves further Right, they perceive Liberals are moving further left.[/QUOTE]
No need to worry. The right has no power in this country...no matter what your crazy leaders in the D party and MSM tell you.
The Left is firmly in control...from Pennsylvania Ave to Wall St to Hollywood to Main St.....and that is why the nation is dying.

QUOTE="Political Junky, post: 10295006, member: 19507"]As the Right moves further Right, they perceive Liberals are moving further left.
No need to worry. The right has no power in this country...no matter what your crazy leaders in the D party and MSM tell you.
The Left is firmly in control...from Pennsylvania Ave to Wall St to Hollywood to Main St.....and that is why the nation is dying.[/QUOTE]
>
The Right just won control of Congress.

QUOTE="Political Junky, post: 10295006, member: 19507"]As the Right moves further Right, they perceive Liberals are moving further left.
The Left is firmly in control...from Pennsylvania Ave to Wall St to Hollywood to Main St.....and that is why the nation is dying.
>
The Right just won control of Congress.[/QUOTE]
Thinking the R party is right wing, is your first mistake. As I stated, do not worry... Progressive shit is here to stay.

Their truths were not Eternal, far from it. Stop idolizing them and start understanding them. Then you will start to figure out why men who wrote Equality and Liberty down owned other human beings.

That they did not follow to the letter what they wrote, makes the truths they wrote no less truthful.

If you don't agree, please list what is written in the document that has not withstood the test of time.

Mark

That they did not follow to the letter what they wrote, makes the truths they wrote no less truthful.

If you don't agree, please list what is written in the document that has not withstood the test of time.
Start with the ******* being 3/5ths persons, and carry on.

Yeah, learn what a reactionary is, it means you and your little reach-around buddies here.

reactionary

[ree-ak-shuh-ner-ee]

So, reactionary ONLY describes the right? Which leftist dictionary did you dig this out of?

Mark
adjective
of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring reaction, especially extreme conservatism or rightism in politics; opposing political or social change.
noun, plural reactionaries.
a reactionary person.

Start with the ******* being 3/5ths persons, and carry on.

I will concede that. What about the rest of it?

Mark

Forum List

Back