The growing liberal stampede to the left

You have absolutely no clue what the Founders thought or what Liberalism is. And this is a liberal nation so suck it up and deal with it.

And what the Founders held dear? Who the fuck cares (beyond it's good to know), we don't live in 1789 now do we, so if the times have changed then change with them. They were men not gods and they expected us to create a government that works in our day just like they created one that worked in theirs. The Constitution wasn't carved in stone and they'd be dumbfounded at the fact we still use the bloody thing. We've been needing a new one for ages and they would have expected us to have done what they did, make up a government that works.

The founders wouldn't be dumbfounded that we still use the Constitution. Eternal truths do not succumb to the ravages of time.

"They" wrote a document that they wanted followed, to the letter, because they also understood that men would work to corrupt it.

"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson to William Johnson, 1823. ME 15:449
Their truths were not Eternal, far from it. Stop idolizing them and start understanding them. Then you will start to figure out why men who wrote Equality and Liberty down owned other human beings.

That they did not follow to the letter what they wrote, makes the truths they wrote no less truthful.

If you don't agree, please list what is written in the document that has not withstood the test of time.
Start with the ******* being 3/5ths persons, and carry on.

I will concede that. What about the rest of it?
Direct election of Senators.

The founders wouldn't be dumbfounded that we still use the Constitution. Eternal truths do not succumb to the ravages of time.

"They" wrote a document that they wanted followed, to the letter, because they also understood that men would work to corrupt it.

"On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." --Thomas Jefferson to William Johnson, 1823. ME 15:449
Their truths were not Eternal, far from it. Stop idolizing them and start understanding them. Then you will start to figure out why men who wrote Equality and Liberty down owned other human beings.

That they did not follow to the letter what they wrote, makes the truths they wrote no less truthful.

If you don't agree, please list what is written in the document that has not withstood the test of time.

Nit picking. What "truths" do you disagree with? Freedom of the press? Religion? What is outdated?

Mark

Nit picking. What "truths" do you disagree with? Freedom of the press? Religion? What is outdated?
Considering that you don't, in reality, have either, carry on.

And stop posting your fucking name. This isn't a letter to mommy and no one fucking cares.

Considering that you don't, in reality, have either, carry on.

And stop posting your fucking name. This isn't a letter to mommy and no one fucking cares.

Sorry, I had pegged you earlier for a poster I could have a civil discussion with.

I won't make that mistake again.

As to my posting method, I have over 100 thousand in cyberspace, and I suppose I will keep posting the way I want to.

Mark

Since Obama's election, we have seen the Democrats take over one-sixth of the nation's economy and put it under government control; the IRS deliberately withholding nonprofit status to conservative organizations before an election (Richard Nixon got article of impeachment drawn up against him for merely ASKING them to do that); a U.S. Ambassador and three other Americans killed by terrorists with no investigation or arrests, etc. etc.

And here we have the usual leftist fanatics trying to claim their party has been "pretty much standing still".

The "I'm not moving, you are!" deflection is the standard liberal tactic when they can't defend their party's headlong charge to the left.

Myopia can go little further.

A liberal looks at the world as it is and seeks to improve it. History is replete with reformers and iconoclasts whose ideas create at first uproar and heated debate, especially among conservatives; soon new ideas become become labile, as the general population accepts change while all but the reactionary few do not. Examples abound: Amendments to the COTUS (13, 14, 15, 19, 24, 26); Affirmative Action & Consent Decrees; Women in combat roles and gays in our armed services, gay & lesbian marriage.

Because the liberal mind is labile and the conservative mind is not, there will always be conflict - that the conflict has evolved into hate on the right for those who are actively progressive, has created an intellectual dark age in America and a stain on our nation.

A liberal looks at the world as it is and seeks to improve it. History is replete with reformers and iconoclasts whose ideas create at first uproar and heated debate, especially among conservatives; soon new ideas become become labile, as the general population accepts change while all but the reactionary few do not. Examples abound: Amendments to the COTUS (13, 14, 15, 19, 24, 26); Affirmative Action & Consent Decrees; Women in combat roles and gays in our armed services, gay & lesbian marriage.

Because the liberal mind is labile and the conservative mind is not, there will always be conflict - that the conflict has evolved into hate on the right for those who are actively progressive, has created an intellectual dark age in America and a stain on our nation.

A stain? I tell you about "stains". Take and subjugate a people under the guise of "civil rights", and tell me about your morality.

Make it easy for women to divorce to "free" them from their husband while in reality, her and her children suffer and become a drag on our society.

Or better yet, use "enlightened" teaching methods to crash and burn our educational standards to make us more "open minded".

Your right. Examples do "abound" as to what the liberals have done to America. I could give you more, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Mark

A stain? I tell you about "stains". Take and subjugate a people under the guise of "civil rights", and tell me about your morality.

Make it easy for women to divorce to "free" them from their husband while in reality, her and her children suffer and become a drag on our society.

Or better yet, use "enlightened" teaching methods to crash and burn our educational standards to make us more "open minded".

Your right. Examples do "abound" as to what the liberals have done to America. I could give you more, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Mark

I get the "idea", but not the one you hoped to peddle. In fact your "idea" seems to offer evidence for the accuracy of my opinion. [do you know what rights were guaranteed by the Amendments I posted?] Reactionaries want to go back to the good old days - I hope you're not one of them.

Since Obama's election, we have seen the Democrats take over one-sixth of the nation's economy and put it under government control; the IRS deliberately withholding nonprofit status to conservative organizations before an election (Richard Nixon got article of impeachment drawn up against him for merely ASKING them to do that); a U.S. Ambassador and three other Americans killed by terrorists with no investigation or arrests, etc. etc.

And here we have the usual leftist fanatics trying to claim their party has been "pretty much standing still".

How is mandating that people buy health insurance taking over a 6th of the economy? It's more like a handout to the insurance industry. And the last time I checked, there have been 8 investigations into Been Gassy, none of which have found any wrongdoing by the administration. The wingnuts will no doubt keep looking though. Been Gassy has been more thoroughly investigated than 9/11 was. Don't believe the 10 embassy attacks and 60 resulting deaths during the shrub regime ever got investigated. Where is all the RW outrage about that? Plenty of myopia on your side of the aisle.

It's not just the Brown issue. They still think Obama isn't a liar too, even though there are countless videos where he says one thing, then later says the opposite. It must be that they can't come to terms with the fact that they were sold a bill of goods by this communist charlatan so they defend him to avoid admitting they were duped. Pride can be a very destructive thing, as liberals demonstrate every day.

Or maybe it's just that they didn't care then, and don't care now, what he says, so long as his goal is to move the country to where they want it, regardless of whether or not the majority of Americans agree with them.

Anyone with a brain knows that it is the ignorati that have moved to the far-right. 20 years ago I would have been labeled a moderate. Nowadays the yellow-journalism consuming f~cktards call my views far left. It isn't our fault that less intelligent portion of the population has been duped by cynical fascist pieces of worthless trash.
FascismVsDemocracy_zpsa2e0d3fa.png

A liberal looks at the world as it is and seeks to improve it.
And, for the last 30-plus years, they have abjectly failed.

Their disconnect from reality has grown so abject, that they merely point to the plans as proof of their success. Rather like the captain of the Titanic pointing to the schedule that called for him to arrive promptly and without delay in New York, while ignoring the actual result of the voyage.

Their programs have uniformly failed to deliver the promised goals, and have as uniformly made worse the lifestyles and prosperity of the citizens. Yet they insist to this day they have been vastly successful.

I guess the Right hasn't noticed their rush to the Right. Not one of them would vote for Reagan if he ran today.
Back in the Eisenhower administration the John Birch Society, founded by Fred Koch, called Eisenhower a Communist. The Birchers have reemerged as the Tea Party and Koch's sons are running it.

Their disconnect from reality has grown so abject, that they merely point to the plans as proof of their success. Rather like the captain of the Titanic pointing to the schedule that called for him to arrive promptly and without delay in New York, while ignoring the actual result of the voyage.

Their programs have uniformly failed to deliver the promised goals, and have as uniformly made worse the lifestyles and prosperity of the citizens. Yet they insist to this day they have been vastly successful.

Excellent truthful reality crush. You hit the nail on head. I will be following you now.

Actually it can. You for example offer an opinion blinded by reality, 30-years ago RR was President, followed by Bush I and Bush II. 20-years of Conservatives in the White House. During that time the drug problem festering in America was solved by the GOP Messiah with a simple "Just say NO!{" How has that worked out? AIDS was epidemic during the 80's, and vastly ignored by RR since it 'only' killed gay men.

4.500 + Americans were killed and ten times that number suffer lasting wounds, physical and mental, from the fiasco of the war of choice in Iraq.

Today income inequality is as great as it was in 1928, see:

5 facts about economic inequality Pew Research Center

Above are just a few examples of lying liars whose posts defy reality.

The only thing that I can see that has uniformly made worse the lifestyle and prosperity of the citizens is the corporate agenda to outsource all the jobs that average people can do and to strip away the safety net that would have saved them. So tell me, what's making your life suck at the moment?

Anyone with a brain knows that it is the ignorati that have moved to the far-right. 20 years ago I would have been labeled a moderate. Nowadays the yellow-journalism consuming f~cktards call my views far left. It isn't our fault that less intelligent portion of the population has been duped by cynical fascist pieces of worthless trash. View attachment 34833

Ignorati - I like that. It used to be that the ignorant at least had the good sense to either STFU or be called on their stupidity. Now, networks like Fox have given them validation to say whatever enters their little minds and then spread it far and wide. It's such a noise generator that it's become difficult to discern truth from BS.

Anyone with a brain knows that it is the ignorati that have moved to the far-right. 20 years ago I would have been labeled a moderate. Nowadays the yellow-journalism consuming f~cktards call my views far left. It isn't our fault that less intelligent portion of the population has been duped by cynical fascist pieces of worthless trash. View attachment 34833

Ignorati - I like that. It used to be that the ignorant at least had the good sense to either STFU or be called on their stupidity. Now, networks like Fox have given them validation to say whatever enters their little minds and then spread it far and wide. It's such a noise generator that it's become difficult to discern truth from BS.

They are like the 'Boy Who Cried Wolf' from Aesop's fable. I don't know why the townspeople don't catch on...

In another thread, a poster asked if there were any liberals becoming disgusted with their fellows' increasing race-baiting.

A broader subject deserves a thread of its own, though: The liberals' growing tendency to move ever farther and faster to the left in all things.

Says who?

We're gonna need more than you citing yourself as 'the liberals'. As there is no indication that you have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

We are a center-left nation made up of moderate and center-right people.

^^^ ahahaha and there's an example of the left's self delusion right there. :laugh: Moderate Democrats got bitch slapped in 2010 and 2014, Bush elected for 8 years in spite of the 24/7 MSM campaign to destroy him. GITMO still open for business. ACA their one big win destroyed the Democrat majorities. Its great seeing the left get theirs.
What happened to 2012? Oh right, we won the White House again and retained the Senate. I noticed you forgot to mention that?

Don't pick and choose reality, just start dealing with it, all of it.
If the election was held today doubtful of the same outcome for the white house.

Forum List

Back