The Growing Hypocrisy of the Gay Rights Movement

No...the "unacceptable" part comes when you try to legislate your beliefs.

Bingo! Something the far left has done over and over again without question from their programmed minions.

Really? The left is legislating their religious beliefs? What law would that be?

Yes the far left religion has been doing it for years forcing others to believe as they do, Obamacre is a perfect example. However there are other examples such as the free birth control issue, abortion, gay "marriage", prayer in school, etc.

Pick one! I don't see the church pushing these issues on the masses via government.

Bingo! Something the far left has done over and over again without question from their programmed minions.

Really? The left is legislating their religious beliefs? What law would that be?

Yes the far left religion has been doing it for years forcing others to believe as they do, Obamacre is a perfect example. However there are other examples such as the free birth control issue, abortion, gay "marriage", prayer in school, etc.

Pick one! I don't see the church pushing these issues on the masses via government.

So...there are laws MAKING people use birth control...MAKING people get abortions...MAKING people get gay marriages....etc. Really? What are the statute numbers on those laws?

So...there are laws MAKING people use birth control...MAKING people get abortions...MAKING people get gay marriages....etc. Really? What are the statute numbers on those laws?

Typical lib word twisting on your part! Kosh didn't say "making," but was implying "making it possible!"

Typical lib word twisting on your part! Kosh didn't say "making," but was implying "making it possible!"

No...he did not...re-read his posts...where he said "forcing others to believe as they do".

What is it with this obsession over Gay Pride parades?

Weird.

An oppressed people should lie down and take it? They should stay in the closet? Be invisible? Go away?

The mayor of Birmingham felt the same way about black people marching. It drove him CRAZY!

Keeping them out of sight makes it easier to withhold rights from them.

I can'tt blame them for not standing for that!

How about a normal parade?

Like Mardi Gras parades, right?

Parades should only be about Irishmen ... dressed as leprechans

That isn't legislating religious beliefs. An example of legislating religious beliefs would be Blue Laws. Try again.

That isn't legislating religious beliefs. An example of legislating religious beliefs would be Blue Laws. Try again.

It is just as wrong to tell someone they MUST do business with a gay as it is to tell gays they can't marry.

BOTH are unacceptable encroachments on personal freedom by a government that needs to tends its own garden.

It is just as wrong to tell someone they MUST do business with a gay as it is to tell gays they can't marry.

BOTH are unacceptable encroachments on personal freedom by a government that needs to tends its own garden.

Look up Public Accommodation laws and then come back to the discussion. Get rid of those for other minorities then we can talk.

Look up Public Accom
modation laws and then come back to the discussion. Get rid of those for other minorities then we can talk.

Oh I WOULD get rid of the entire section of the Civil Rights Act that deals with private businesses. I think it's GROSSLY unconstitutional to FORCE people to do business with people they don't want to do business with and certainly it has nothing to do with gays .

Government offices, you bet they are and should be required to serve EVERYONE, but my own private business? Well, it's MY business. I should be in control of who I allow in.

Oppression does not stand on the same moral ground as the opposition to that oppression. Sorry!

Heterosexuals were the ones who demanded government get involved in the institution of marriage. We asked for all kinds of cash and prizes to be bestowed on us for getting married. These cash and prizes are protected by law at our insistence!

When we invited government into our marriages, we created a secular definition of marriage by the government. The government decides who gets the cash and prizes, not your brand of religion.

Now that others are asking for the same government cash and prizes, you are jealous! You scream like a hippie trying to keep the government goods to yourself! Nothing is being taken from you, yet you act like something is.

Last edited:

Incorrect with regard to business owners, as regulating commerce is the government’s ‘garden’:

Congress [has the] power to enact appropriate legislation with regard to a place of public accommodation such as appellant's motel even if it is assumed to be of a purely "local" character, as Congress' power over interstate commerce extends to the regulation of local incidents thereof which might have a substantial and harmful effect upon that commerce.

HEART OF ATLANTA MOTEL, INC., Appellant, v. UNITED STATES et al. | Supreme Court | LII / Legal Information Institute

Clearly disallowing homosexuals to access businesses accommodating the general public “might have a substantial and harmful effect upon that commerce.” Business owners are subject to all manner of regulatory policies to indeed ensure stable and efficient commerce, where public accommodations laws are both part of that regulatory policy and Constitutional.

Look up Public Accom
modation laws and then come back to the discussion. Get rid of those for other minorities then we can talk.

Oh I WOULD get rid of the entire section of the Civil Rights Act that deals with private businesses. I think it's GROSSLY unconstitutional to FORCE people to do business with people they don't want to do business with and certainly it has nothing to do with gays .

Government offices, you bet they are and should be required to serve EVERYONE, but my own private business? Well, it's MY business. I should be in control of who I allow in.

So, the Woolworth's Dept Store lunch counters should have been allowed to prevent blacks from eating there?

Forum List

Back