The Government silencing dissent

at first I thought you were talking about free speech zones....

and what is unacceptable about it? if uhc is going to be stopped it shouldn't and doesn't have to be done using lies

and what is unacceptable about it? if uhc is going to be stopped it shouldn't and doesn't have to be done using lies

This is nothing more then the heavy hand of Government trying to silence and scare groups from discussing the failings of the health care reform bills we have in Congress. It is illegal and immoral. If Bush had done something like this you all would have howled till the sky caved in.

This is nothing less then intimidation by the Federal Government.

we did complain when bush did it.

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The most prominent examples were those created by the United States Secret Service for President George W. Bush and other members of his administration.[3] Free speech zones existed in limited forms prior to the Presidency of George W. Bush; it was during Bush's presidency that their scope has been greatly expanded.[4]

he was also nice enough to create constitution free zones 100 miles from any border, making it so power hungry authorities can setup checkpoints far away from any real border.

and I don't see why the insurance companies would listen. they are fighting for their right to drop paying customers when they see fit.

we did complain when bush did it.

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The most prominent examples were those created by the United States Secret Service for President George W. Bush and other members of his administration.[3] Free speech zones existed in limited forms prior to the Presidency of George W. Bush; it was during Bush's presidency that their scope has been greatly expanded.[4]

he was also nice enough to create constitution free zones 100 miles from any border, making it so power hungry authorities can setup checkpoints far away from any real border.

and I don't see why the insurance companies would listen. they are fighting for their right to drop paying customers when they see fit.

so ..both partys are eroding freee speech ...so ..its best to just turn a blind eye ??
is that the point ?

no, people should revolt against both parties in power, instead of making everything partisan which just keeps the government big and the same group of people passing power around.

no, people should revolt against both parties in power, instead of making everything partisan which just keeps the government big and the same group of people passing power around.

lets do it..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD4a4u9AbZA&feature=related]YouTube - Propaganda Techniques[/ame]

What lie are they using?

Oh, and while I think about it, what 'law' will dear leader claim they are breaking, since he threatens 'leagal action'?

Obama and his thugs are now officially in our mailboxes. What else won't we be allowed to receive/read?

So free speech includes the right to lie by the health care companies to scare the seniors.?

Fuck that. The right has been lying and distorting the death panels and everything else.

If the program is so bad, they should be able to use real facts and not make up this fear mongering crap.

I can't believe that middle and lower class economically folks can kiss the health care giants asses so much.

this is not about free speech at all . It is about a corporate rule of our entire country and screw the average citizen.

So free speech includes the right to lie by the health care companies to scare the seniors.?

Yes, it does. I imagine the legal issue at play here is the use of public monies to engage in what is effectively a political campaign.

Oh, and while I think about it, what 'law' will dear leader claim they are breaking, since he threatens 'leagal action'?

What part of "Fraud" are you unfamiliar with?

These companies are specifically lying in an attempt to sell their product. That is Fraud. Pure and simple.

Legal action in this case is perfectly justified.

Yes, it does. I imagine the legal issue at play here is the use of public monies to engage in what is effectively a political campaign.

No it doesn't.

Just like Free Speech doesn't cover other cases of fraud or slander for that matter.

And if the government or any member of the government, wants to present a civil case concerning slander, then that is their perogative.

Hell you people are lucky this isn't England.

Every one of your media sources would be in court right now.

Defamation suits against the media have been raised to an art in Britain.

No it doesn't.

Just like Free Speech doesn't cover other cases of fraud or slander for that matter.

And if the government or any member of the government, wants to present a civil case concerning slander, then that is their perogative.
And since when is the Executive Branch EVER involved in civil law issues (unless an individual of the administration is personally involved)?

Fuck...we have a separation of powers in this country for a reason.

Blind morons.

Forum List

Back