The Government silencing dissent

It's perfectly fine for Obama and company to mislead the public about the reform bill, but not insurance companies. :lol:

Too fucking funny... and scary! :eek:

Yes, it does. I imagine the legal issue at play here is the use of public monies to engage in what is effectively a political campaign.

No it doesn't.

Just like Free Speech doesn't cover other cases of fraud or slander for that matter.

And if the government or any member of the government, wants to present a civil case concerning slander, then that is their perogative.
And since when is the Executive Branch EVER involved in civil law issues (unless an individual of the administration is personally involved)?

Fuck...we have a separation of powers in this country for a reason.

Blind morons.

That would not stop the individuals involved from filing a class action suit against the companies for slander and defamation of character.

That would include every member of the legislative and executive branch responsible for the wording of the bill in question.

That's a whole lot of people.

It's perfectly fine for Obama and company to mislead the public about the reform bill, but not insurance companies. :lol:

Prove one thing Mr Obama said about the reform bill is a lie.

:lol:

I'm not naive enough to think I could prove anything to your satisfaction. It's pretty clear that your head is fully lodged inside this administration's figurative ass and you've willingly surrendered every last vestige of objectivity.

But here's three quick examples:

1) He's full of shit when he says they're cutting 540 billion out of medicare without cutting benefits.

2) He's full of shit when he says that requiring people to carry insurance isn't a tax

3) He's full of shit when he says that people here illegally won't be covered.

I'm not necessarily saying that any of these things are good enough reasons to kill the bill, but he sure as shit is MISLEADING the public when he makes these bullshit claims.

From Obama's speech:
under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.

Read more at: Obama Health Care Speech: FULL VIDEO, TEXT

From FactCheck:
Despite what Obama said, the House bill would allow abortions to be covered by a federal plan and by federally subsidized private plans.

Abortion: Which Side Is Fabricating? | FactCheck.org

:lol:

I'm not naive enough to think I could prove anything to your satisfaction. It's pretty clear that your head is fully lodged inside this administration's figurative ass and you've willingly surrendered every last vestige of objectivity.

But here's three quick examples:

1) He's full of shit when he says they're cutting 540 billion out of medicare without cutting benefits.

2) He's full of shit when he says that requiring people to carry insurance isn't a tax

3) He's full of shit when he says that people here illegally won't be covered.

I'm not necessarily saying that any of these things are good enough reasons to kill the bill, but he sure as shit is MISLEADING the public when he makes these bullshit claims.[/QUOTE]

Well none of the above is a lie.

As far as the actual points go:

1) He believes that this could be done, other people do not. It is a matter of interpretation, and cannot be proved conclusively one way or the other without actually trying it.

2) It is not a Tax. It is making people be responsible for what they should already be responsible for. How dare people go without insurance and then go use the hospitals anyway when they get hurt. That's my money they're using.
And if people don't like that they have to buy insurance, screw them, because that's what they're trying to do to me and everyone else anyway.

3) It's written into the law, and the Senate is trying to incorporate Republican ideas to make it enforceable. Doesn't seem like he's full of shit to me.

2) It is not a Tax. It is making people be responsible for what they should already be responsible for. How dare people go without insurance and then go use the hospitals anyway when they get hurt. That's my money they're using.
And if people don't like that they have to buy insurance, screw them, because that's what they're trying to do to me and everyone else anyway.

It IS a tax.

But the language of the health care reform plan proposed by Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., explicitly labels the penalty attached to the mandate as an "excise tax."

Penalties for failing to obtain coverage would range from $750 to $3,800 under the plan. This is addressed in a section labeled: "Excise Tax."

"The excise tax would apply for any period for which the individual is not covered by a health insurance plan with the minimum required benefit," the Baucus plan says.

Health Insurance Mandate Includes 'Tax' Despite Obama Denial - Political News - FOXNews.com

He's putting lipstick on a pig. Oink, oink.

From Obama's speech:
under our plan, no federal dollars will be used to fund abortions, and federal conscience laws will remain in place.

From FactCheck:
Despite what Obama said, the House bill would allow abortions to be covered by a federal plan and by federally subsidized private plans.

But the bill does specifically state that Federal Funding should not be used for Abortion.

Looks like some members of the house trying to sneak it past. I'm sure it will be taken care of in the Senate.

It IS a tax.

But the language of the health care reform plan proposed by Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., explicitly labels the penalty attached to the mandate as an "excise tax."

Penalties for failing to obtain coverage would range from $750 to $3,800 under the plan. This is addressed in a section labeled: "Excise Tax."

"The excise tax would apply for any period for which the individual is not covered by a health insurance plan with the minimum required benefit," the Baucus plan says.

Health Insurance Mandate Includes 'Tax' Despite Obama Denial - Political News - FOXNews.com

No, it is required insurance. Just like Auto Insurance is required.

The clear REASON for it is so that people cannot take advantage of the system and waste taxpayer dollars.

Are you in favor of wasting Taxpayer dollars?

From Obama's speech:

From FactCheck:

But the bill does specifically state that Federal Funding should not be used for Abortion.

Looks like some members of the house trying to sneak it past. I'm sure it will be taken care of in the Senate.

Yeah, the bill also said that 'illegals won't get covered'. Any checks and balances provided for either abortions or illegals? They're working on the illegal thing. Saying it means squat; provisions specifically in place to prevent it is what counts.

Now, let's discuss what the Insurance Companies and Right-wing water-carriers are claiming:

1) The new legislation is a plot to kill old people through "Death Panels"

2) The new legislation is a plot to commit genocide by "Culling out" sick or weak people

3) The new legislation authorizes a government takeover of all health insurance in the United States.

Now, who would like to defend these claims?

It IS a tax.

No, it is required insurance. Just like Auto Insurance is required.

The clear REASON for it is so that people cannot take advantage of the system and waste taxpayer dollars.

Are you in favor of wasting Taxpayer dollars?

The FINE, er uhhh, FEE, er uhhh, if you don't get the mandated insurance, IS A TAX. Did you not read what I provided? Not the mandated insurance, the fine if you don't get it --- it's a tax. But not according to Barry. According to him "You can't just make up that language and decide that that's called a tax increase." He said this to George S. in one of the interviews. But HE can make up language and say it's not a tax? PIG/LIPSTICK/OINK/STINK.

Last edited:
Now, let's discuss what the Insurance Companies and Right-wing water-carriers are claiming:

2) The new legislation is a plot to commit genocide by "Culling out" sick or weak people

3) The new legislation authorizes a government takeover of all health insurance in the United States.

I am guessing you didn't read the article or the pamphlets.

The FINE, er uhhh, FEE, er uhhh, if you don't get the mandated insurance, IS A TAX. Did you not read what I provided? Not the mandated insurance, the fine if you don't get it. It's a tax.

Well, I guess you just want to be able to live off the system then.

I guess Republicans are against welfare until it applies to them.

Which is why I said the Insurance companies and Right-Wing Water carriers, specifically Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

Which is why I said the Insurance companies and Right-Wing Water carriers, specifically Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

Real people don't listen to talking heads. :eusa_whistle:

The FINE, er uhhh, FEE, er uhhh, if you don't get the mandated insurance, IS A TAX. Did you not read what I provided? Not the mandated insurance, the fine if you don't get it. It's a tax.

:lol: Guess you can't face the fact that Obama lies.

:lol: Guess you can't face the fact that Obama lies.

Since it's not a TAX, it's not a lie.

It's a fine, to punish people who are trying to steal. Like you apparently.

Forum List

Back