The GOPs New Star: Jindal

Silence

wanna lick?
Aug 26, 2008
FL
According to a small article in our local TBT (tampa bay times) it appears that the GOP think Mr. Jindal is the future of the Republican party....their very own Obama or so they say.

I don't see this happening. not if what they say his view are turn out to be accurate. he's against abortion without exception, he's against stem cell research and he's for teaching creationism in schools.

This guy sounds like the kind of rightwing nutter that the GOP should be running away from not running towards.

According to a small article in our local TBT (tampa bay times) it appears that the GOP think Mr. Jindal is the future of the Republican party....their very own Obama or so they say.

I don't see this happening. not if what they say his view are turn out to be accurate. he's against abortion without exception, he's against stem cell research and he's for teaching creationism in schools.

This guy sounds like the kind of rightwing nutter that the GOP should be running away from not running towards.

I hardly think it serves the interests of the country to have two Democrat parties. One is more than sufficient.

You're like a Cowboy fan that keeps offering advice to Redskins fans about what their team ought to be doing. Why don't you focus on your own team and let the Repubs run theirs?

I hardly think it serves the interests of the country to have two Democrat parties. One is more than sufficient.

You're like a Cowboy fan that keeps offering advice to Redskins fans about what their team ought to be doing. Why don't you focus on your own team and let the Repubs run theirs?

who was offering advice? I was offering an opinion. but it should be noted that our team is winning so if I were offering advice your side would be wise to listen, wouldn't you say?

I think most americans believe in some form of legalized abortion and they most certainly believe in stem cell research.

But yeah...go with this extremist...I hope he runs in 2012... that would be great for the Dems.

I really can't see why all women are against abortion. Women are the only ones who have this gift of populating the world yet they threat like it's nothing and throw it way like it's yesterdays trash. I just don't get it.
The GOP by the way isn't against stem cell research, we're just against federally funded stem cell research. If you got the money do all the research you want.
Creationism makes sense by the way. A supreme being creating this wonderful and infinitely complicated universe is much more likely than dust collecting for billions of years then coalescing into our universe. Come on now admit it, that's just stupid.
Only life can give birth to life. No matter how long you bang two rocks together you ain't gonna' get nothin'.

I really can't see why all women are against abortion. Women are the only ones who have this gift of populating the world yet they threat like it's nothing and throw it way like it's yesterdays trash. I just don't get it.
The GOP by the way isn't against stem cell research, we're just against federally funded stem cell research. If you got the money do all the research you want.
Creationism makes sense by the way. A supreme being creating this wonderful and infinitely complicated universe is much more likely than dust collecting for billions of years then coalescing into our universe. Come on now admit it, that's just stupid.
Only life can give birth to life. No matter how long you bang two rocks together you ain't gonna' get nothin'.

I agree with you.

The GOP should tell women they should all be in favor of outlawing abortions, they should try to cut off all federal funding for stem cell research, and they should proclaim that teaching creation science "makes a lot of sense" (your words)

I think conservatives need to lighten up on social issues and get conservative again on economic issues.

who was offering advice? I was offering an opinion. but it should be noted that our team is winning so if I were offering advice your side would be wise to listen, wouldn't you say?

I think most americans believe in some form of legalized abortion and they most certainly believe in stem cell research.

But yeah...go with this extremist...I hope he runs in 2012... that would be great for the Dems.

No, I don't think the Repubs would be wise to listen. Your views are consonant with your side, not with the other side. Your opinion on a small handful of social issue may be supported by a somewhat narrow majority of people, but there are few voters that are so narrowly focused that they hang their votes on one or two social issues.

I think conservatives need to lighten up on social issues and get conservative again on economic issues.

I definitely agree with that. But, I also think that it is up to the individual what they choose to stress in their administration regardless of their personal view on a topic. For instance, someone may personally disagree with abortion, but do nothing to effect the status quo on the issue while in office.

I am drawn to your posts due to the stir your little picture causes in me!
:whip:

So, I have to ask as this question which has been building. Why does 2012 worry you so much?

Obama hasn't even been sworn in yet, hey you won!

For God's sake, relax and enjoy it.

By the way, congratulations on really doing some good research on Jindal. And NO, I am not saying that his personal belief system isn't what the article claims, nor am I endorsing it.

Last edited:

Sound like an ideal candidate to represent your average FLA Republican.

yeah, but he's young and has darker skin....

so they think he's good window dressing.

The GOP should tell women they should all be in favor of outlawing abortions, they should try to cut off all federal funding for stem cell research, and they should proclaim that teaching creation science "makes a lot of sense" (your words)
Yes, GOP women should.
Yes, cut off all federal funding.
Yes, creationism can be taught in schools along with the big bang theory.

I agree with you.

Me, too.

America's terminally stupid need a Taliban party to represent their cherished beliefs.

Palin - Jindal in 2012.

"Just another example of the geeks trying to imitate the popular people and failing miserably. Is that pate'?"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back