The GOP's New Fake Racial History

The quotes are from your beloved democrats and it shows just how they are not racist or bigots.

So your logic is that political parties are stuck in a time warp, and never change? Interesting that Haley Barbour still goes to those Council of Conservative Citizens events, knowing that they're just Klan gatherings.

As for your quote:

“I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
- Lyndon B. Johnson​

The actual quote was:

"We have lost the South for a generation"​

Yet, dispite the fact that Johnson was essentially a Southern racist for years, showed the leadership needed to do the right thing, and arm twist congress into passing the most sweeping civil rights legislation since Lincoln. Too many right wingers will never forgive him for making them share their water fountains.

No, the actual quote was “I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

Stop lying

No, the actual quote was "We have lost the South for a generation".

When President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, striking down Jim Crow in July 1964, he famously remarked to his young press secretary, Bill Moyers, "We have lost the South for a generation."​
Source

The 1964 electoral map proves that.

20080524081808!1964_Electoral_Map.png

So why did you claim I was lying? Are you too stupid or lazy to do your research? Or are you just an ignorant clown who wants to start a flame war when someone shows you're full of shit. So scumbag, since I at least sourced my quote, are you man enough to give an apology, or are you just going to play internet tough guy behind your computer screen?

LBJ and other Democrats changed their views. It's what people of good faith do.

It's more likely what people who want votes do.

of course, but one does not negate the other. On issues as important as racial equality I believe most racists who became leaders have tried to make up for their pasts.

I truly believe Wallace had a change of heart and was not a racist who changed his views merely to get elected.

As much as I have contempt for people and groups, I do believe in a sort or redemption of the soul.

I think that's true. I'm sure that many of those who fought against repeal of Jim Crow apartheid had a change of heart later in life. But it's still a case of words being meaningless compared to action, and Johnson's actions are hard to top.

So your logic is that political parties are stuck in a time warp, and never change? Interesting that Haley Barbour still goes to those Council of Conservative Citizens events, knowing that they're just Klan gatherings.

As for your quote:

- Lyndon B. Johnson​

The actual quote was:

Yet, dispite the fact that Johnson was essentially a Southern racist for years, showed the leadership needed to do the right thing, and arm twist congress into passing the most sweeping civil rights legislation since Lincoln. Too many right wingers will never forgive him for making them share their water fountains.

No, the actual quote was “I’ll have those ******* voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”

Stop lying

When President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, striking down Jim Crow in July 1964, he famously remarked to his young press secretary, Bill Moyers, "We have lost the South for a generation."​
Source

So why did you claim I was lying? Are you too stupid or lazy to do your research? Or are you just an ignorant clown who wants to start a flame war when someone shows you're full of shit. So scumbag, since I at least sourced my quote, are you man enough to give an apology, or are you just going to play internet tough guy behind your computer screen?

No, I've done this already and posted a whole thread on LBJ

I claimed you're a liar because you are

Last edited:

Stop lying

Source

No, I've done this already and posted a whole thread on LBJ

Lots of people post lots of threads. I'll trust Bill Moyers on this, since he was Johnson's press secretary and gave a first hand account. Notice I'm not a petty piece of scum who would call you a liar, based on your disinformation....yet. I figure I'll wait to see if you have a pattern of disinforming.

Did Johnson's support for civil rights lose the south for a generation or not? In light of the reality of politics, your contention still makes no logical sense.

Last edited:
Apparently the GOP feels the need to have its Southern members like Haley Barbour go out and spread the lie that it wasn't race that caused the Democrats in the South to go running full-speed to the Republican party. It was....some other reason.

Can you believe that tripe? Read it and weep.

The GOP's new fake racial history - War Room - Salon.com

*SMH*

This article is supposed to prove what exactly?

- Lyndon B. Johnson

“Jews — that’s J-E-W-S.”
- State Senator Bill McKinney explaining why his daughter Cynthia lost in 2002

“Civil rights laws were not passed to protect the rights of white men and do not apply to them.”
- Mary Frances Berry, Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights

The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years.”
- Louis Farrakhan

“White folks was in caves while we was building empires… We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”
- Rev. Al Sharpton

“The white race is the cancer of human history.”
- Susan Sontag

These negros, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they’ve never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness.
- LBJ

“I am not going to use the federal government’s authority deliberately to circumvent the natural inclination of people to live in ethnic homogeneous neighborhoods.”
- Jimmy Carter

I mean, you’ve got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”
- Joe Biden (referring to Barack Obama)

“Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”
- Robert Byrd

“I am a former kleagle of the Ku Klux Klan in Raleigh County and the adjoining counties of the state …. The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia …. It is necessary that the order be promoted immediately and in every state of the Union. Will you please inform me as to the possibilities of rebuilding the Klan in the Realm of W. Va …. I hope that you will find it convenient to answer my letter in regards to future possibilities.”
- Robert Byrd

“You’d find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they’d just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva.”
- Senator Fritz Hollings

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/20-great-moments-in-liberal-bigotry

So then not all black people are racist? Looks like the majority of those quotes are from white guys...:eusa_whistle:

As for your quote:

- Lyndon B. Johnson​

The actual quote was:

Stop lying

Source

You are lying. That's why he claimed it.
First off, last I checked TN, AR, FL, NC, and VA are all southern states. Second, n the 1976 election the South went solidly for Carter, a Democrat. How many governors have been Democrats?
Does the term "Chinatown Caper" mean anything to you?

LBJ and other Democrats changed their views. It's what people of good faith do.

of course, but one does not negate the other. On issues as important as racial equality I believe most racists who became leaders have tried to make up for their pasts.

I truly believe Wallace had a change of heart and was not a racist who changed his views merely to get elected.

As much as I have contempt for people and groups, I do believe in a sort or redemption of the soul.

can any of you stop shouting?

:lol:

Apparently the GOP feels the need to have its Southern members like Haley Barbour go out and spread the lie that it wasn't race that caused the Democrats in the South to go running full-speed to the Republican party. It was....some other reason.

*SMH*

Haley wants people to deny reality. Like when Lyndon Johnson and Justice Black warned about the reactions of their southern brethren

ahhh yes, democrats and their enablers and race baiting hustlers....lets see, was that Justice Black, former of the KKK you are referring to btw? :lol:

Or wait no that was Supreme Court Justice Holmes, yea thats him ;" Three generations of imbeciles are enough" ...and compulsory sterilization was upheld, :meow:

I Love how dems give some of themselves and their own passes while vilifying everyone else...give me a break please.

Was dreary old Princeton man Wilson a southerner? No, but he did keep servcies segregated andso did dear old FDR and when the president of the Pullman Porters assoc. A. Philip Randolph, came to FDR in 41 and said they had waited long enough and were going to strike, he got the back hand from old Franklin too...

Holmes was a man who was mistaken for a liberal. Black was a former KKK man. It's what I referred to...his past.

are you yet another home schooled moron or a moron with a religious state public edumacation? Jethro?

Your reading and comprehension skills make you suspect of a small gene pool.

I think that's true. I'm sure that many of those who fought against repeal of Jim Crow apartheid had a change of heart later in life. But it's still a case of words being meaningless compared to action, and Johnson's actions are hard to top.

Johnson's actions?

First off, last I checked TN, AR, FL, NC, and VA are all southern states. Second, n the 1976 election the South went solidly for Carter, a Democrat. How many governors have been Democrats?

Carter ran against a liberal Republican, with a more liberal Republican running mate. We had those back then, until the Southern racists started purging their new home party of them. I guess I'll put you down as an other idiot who would rather shout "liar" than use their brain.

Do you not know how that even Pat Buchanan, who was one of the architects of the Southern Strategy, admitted to using the 1964 Civil Rights legislation to coopt angry white Southerners?

Can you explain why the deep south voted against their own in the 1964 race, in a landslide victory, against a "states rights" candidate who was running on a John Birch Society platform?

I don't know if you're a liar or just really stupid at this point.

Johnson's actions?

Exactly. They're the most sweeping civil rights legislation since Lincoln, and he did quite a bit of arm twisting to get the old New Deal coallition to fall in line, in spite of many of them being turned out of office during the '66 midterms. There is no other plausible explanation why the South would all of a sudden switch parties, in such great numbers, except for the 1964 Civil Rights acts.

Carter ran against a liberal Republican, with a more liberal Republican running mate. We had those back then, until the Southern racists started purging their new home party of them. I guess I'll put you down as an other idiot who would rather shout "liar" than use their brain.

Do you not know how that even Pat Buchanan, who was one of the architects of the Southern Strategy, admitted to using the 1964 Civil Rights legislation to coopt angry white Southerners?

Can you explain why the deep south voted against their own in the 1964 race, in a landslide victory, against a "states rights" candidate who was running on a John Birch Society platform?

Justice Black was banned by law I think, of being buried in his beloved home state of Alabama over his betrayal of the KKK and courage to do what was right by minorities and all.

Johnson's actions?

Exactly. They're the most sweeping civil rights legislation since Lincoln, and he did quite a bit of arm twisting to get the old New Deal coallition to fall in line, in spite of many of them being turned out of office during the '66 midterms. There is no other plausible explanation why the South would all of a sudden switch parties, in such great numbers, except for the 1964 Civil Rights acts.

:clap2:

Ford was a liberal Republican? Who knew?
1964? Georgia had a Democratic Governor up until 2003.
AL had George Wallace (elected the last time with a majority of the black vote btw).
Actually I think every southern state had Democratic governor and Democratic senators and Democratic Representatives. That was so up until probably 1990 or later.
Pretty much blows the theory of the GOP took over the racists of the Democratic Party.
Because Johnson was the epitome of a Big Government politiician while Goldwater represented states rights and individualism.

You're not THE Dick Tuck btw, are you?

Last edited:

Ford was a liberal Republican? Who knew?
1964? Georgia had a Democratic Governor up until 2003.
AL had George Wallace (elected the last time with a majority of the black vote btw).
Actually I think every southern state had Democratic governor and Democratic senators and Democratic Representatives. That was so up until probably 1990 or later.
Pretty much blows the theory of the GOP took over the racists of the Democratic Party.
Because Johnson was the epitome of a Big Government politiician while Goldwater represented states rights and individualism.

Total nonsense. The South loved Big Government, and the largess of the New Deal. How in the hell do you think that Johnson was able to arm twist that handful of Dixiecrats to support that Civil Rights act? States rights means one thing in 1964, and that was to maintain institutional aparthied, and keep blacks from voting.

You're not THE Dick Tuck btw, are you?

That depends on what you mean by "THE". No, I'm not the one who drove Nixon to hire Don Segretti.

*SMH*

This is the guy who LIED about me saying Obama was half black, to "prove" racism.

I hate to break it to you Marc but all those people that fought against Civil Rights back in the day WERE DEMOCRATS.

Robert Byrd? A Democrat.

Al Gore Sr? A Democrat

Connolly? A Democrat

George Wallace? A Democrat.

Pretty funny that liberals are so damn scared of Haley Barbour they have to start this "all Southernors are racist" meme, WHEN THEY DIDN'T DO THAT WHEN BILL CLINTON RAN!!!!!!!

Bill Clinton A FULLBRIGHT golden boy, and liberals are going to try and paint everyone in the South as racist in a desperate attempt to malign Haley Barbour?

That's as desperate as trying to smear George Bush with the dragging death of a black man in Texas, AND THAT DIDN'T WORK, EITHER!

This is so laughably desperate by liberals.

Go ahead and call half the country racists liberals. See you in November!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

*SMH*

This is the guy who LIED about me saying Obama was half black, to "prove" racism.

I hate to break it to you Marc but all those people that fought against Civil Rights back in the day WERE DEMOCRATS.

Robert Byrd? A Democrat.

Al Gore Sr? A Democrat

Connolly? A Democrat

George Wallace? A Democrat.

Pretty funny that liberals are so damn scared of Haley Barbour they have to start this "all Southernors are racist" meme, WHEN THEY DIDN'T DO THAT WHEN BILL CLINTON RAN!!!!!!!

Bill Clinton A FULLBRIGHT golden boy, and liberals are going to try and paint everyone in the South as racist in a desperate attempt to malign Haley Barbour?

That's as desperate as trying to smear George Bush with the dragging death of a black man in Texas, AND THAT DIDN'T WORK, EITHER!

This is so laughably desperate by liberals.

Go ahead and call half the country racists liberals. See you in November!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Of your list, Barbour is the only one who still goes to those CCC rallies, which is nothing more than the outgrowth of the white collar Klan, White Citizens Council. Why do you suppose he still does that?

Haley wants people to deny reality. Like when Lyndon Johnson and Justice Black warned about the reactions of their southern brethren

ahhh yes, democrats and their enablers and race baiting hustlers....lets see, was that Justice Black, former of the KKK you are referring to btw? :lol:

Or wait no that was Supreme Court Justice Holmes, yea thats him ;" Three generations of imbeciles are enough" ...and compulsory sterilization was upheld, :meow:

I Love how dems give some of themselves and their own passes while vilifying everyone else...give me a break please.

Was dreary old Princeton man Wilson a southerner? No, but he did keep servcies segregated and so did dear old FDR and when the president of the Pullman Porters assoc. A. Philip Randolph, came to FDR in 41 and said they had waited long enough and were going to strike, he got the back hand from old Franklin too...

Holmes was a man who was mistaken for a liberal. Black was a former KKK man. It's what I referred to...his past.

are you yet another home schooled moron or a moron with a religious state public edumacation? Jethro?

Your reading and comprehension skills make you suspect of a small gene pool.

tsk tsk......valium, it does wonders, so does context when making references.

Mistaken for a liberal, why yes of course. That was easy. Redemption it appears is like justice, some folks are more equal than others and get more of it than others.

Take Robert Byrd. Its easy to come to jesus when you have taken your best shots ( his civil rights votes, 12 after giving up his KKK affiliation?) and have a constituency in your pocket, debarking a losing cause and remaking ones self is life blood of a very good politician.

At least he was an equal opportunity racist though, he voted against both Thurgood Marshall and Clarence Thomas, but when he died, oh the tears, the late great Robert and all that.....redemption is a racket....:lol:

Last edited:
NO you're an apologist for racism.

LBJ and other Democrats changed their views. It's what people of good faith do. The unrepentant racists left in a block and started the GOP's Southern Strategy. This is all factual and the GOP Chairman actually apologized for the Southern strategy.

The majority of the south is still Democratic.

1964, though, is what changed everything. In signing the Civil Rights Act, LBJ cemented the Democrats as a civil rights party. And in nominating anti-civil rights Barry Goldwater for president (instead of pro-civil rights Nelson Rockefeller) the GOP cast its future fortunes with the white electorate of the South. LBJ trounced Goldwater nationally that fall, winning more than 60 percent of the popular vote. But in the South, voters flocked to the Republican nominee, with Goldwater carrying five states in the region. Mississippi, the same state that had given FDR 97 percent of its votes 28 years earlier, now gave Goldwater 87 percent. That fall, Thurmond, now a senator, renounced his Democratic affiliation once and for all and signed up for Goldwater's GOP. The realignment was well underway, and it had everything to do with race.

Barry Goldwater was not opposed to civil rights. He was a staunch supporter of racial equality. What he opposed was the Civil Rights Act because he didn't feel it was an appropriate application of the Constitution to force people to congregate with those they didn't want to.

Barry Goldwater was a member of the NAACP and a major financial donor.

Forum List

Back