******* The Goodness of GOD *******

Revelation 22:12-14
-12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
-13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
-14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

-12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
-14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

So who wrote this dumb shit anyways? Was he hearing voices from god? That's a treatable condition these days.

So who wrote this dumb shit anyways? Was he hearing voices from god? That's a treatable condition these days.

Yes, and good health is also a treatable condition these days too. ;)

What does that even mean?
So you don't know who wrote that malarky?

What does that even mean?
So you don't know who wrote that malarky?

The apostle John wrote it under the divine inspiration of Jesus Christ. But unless you have the Holy Spirit it will be just that to you, malarky.

John 3:3-21
-3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
-4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
-5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
-6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
-7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
-8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
-9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
-10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
-11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
-12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
-13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
-14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
-15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
-16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
-17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
-18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
-19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
-20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
-21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Last edited:
No, Jesus already foretold of John receiving this revelation when he spoke the following...

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. -Matthew 16:28

Jesus used the word verily? And he didn't speak that, it was written by some matthew guy. Second hand heresay.

So John made that stuff up by himself?
Did John come back as Jim Morrison ?
When the still sea conspires an armor
And her sullen and aborted
Currents breed tiny monsters
True sailing is dead
Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned
Legs furiously pumping
Their stiff green gallop
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over

Amazing how our Lord Jesus Christ said this about 2000 years ago...and look now today, the world as we know it, populated... the Gospel being preached almost everywhere...... exactly as He said would happen. And love is definately growing cold because of sin.

Matthew 24

Signs of the End of the Age

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.
2 "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you.

5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12 Because of the increase of wickedness(sin), the love of most will grow cold,

13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

†

John 8:23 And He (Jesus )said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

25 Then they said to Him, “Who are You?”
And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him.”

27 They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.

28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.

John 8:23 And He (Jesus )said to them, “You are from beneath; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.

24 Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

25 Then they said to Him, “Who are You?”
And Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been saying to you from the beginning.

26 I have many things to say and to judge concerning you, but He who sent Me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I heard from Him.”

27 They did not understand that He spoke to them of the Father.

28 Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things.

Jesus was a really arrogant, self-absorbed dude.

Amazing how our Lord Jesus Christ said this about 2000 years ago...and look now today, the world as we know it, populated... the Gospel being preached almost everywhere...... exactly as He said would happen. And love is definately growing cold because of sin.

Matthew 24

Signs of the End of the Age

1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings.
2 "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down."

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?"

4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you.

5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.

8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

12 Because of the increase of wickedness(sin), the love of most will grow cold,

13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

†

Amen

A thread dedicated to the Creator of the Universe and the Saviour of all mankind, Jesus Christ!:eusa_angel:

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

- Deuteronomy 7 KJV

Ya, real "good" to smite, utterly destroy, and show no mercy.

A thread dedicated to the Creator of the Universe and the Saviour of all mankind, Jesus Christ!:eusa_angel:

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

- Deuteronomy 7 KJV

Ya, real "good" to smite, utterly destroy, and show no mercy.

God can only honor our wishes. If we choose to reject Him, then we will face judgment at some point. Life and death in this world is but a minor tip of the iceberg when compared with eternity.

There was a reason why God wiped out cities. He is not a vicious and whimsical God. He is slow to anger (Psalm 103:8, Numbers 14:18, 2 Peter 3:9 and Psalm 145:8) and righteous in judgement. In some cases the cities that were commanded to be annihilated were comprised of Naphalim who were the product of fallen angels that had rejected Gods instructions and turned from their former estate. God waited for the sins and utter contempt for God to reach its peak before destroying the Canaanites. And even then, grace was extended to them, but only Rehab and her family reached out in acceptance. In Egypt, anyone who had the blood above the doorpost was spared whether they were a Jew or not (and if they were a Jew and didn't have the blood above the doorpost they were not spared). God sent Jonah to Nineveh to tell them to turn from their wicked ways because judgement was coming. He cared to warn them, and the amazing part is they heeded his warning and God spared them according to his word.

Jesus died for everyone's sins (1 John 2:2) and took upon himself everyone's sickness that we might be made whole (Isaiah 53:5). But he cannot force it upon you. You must accept his salvation in order to receive the free gift of pardon.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Last edited:

Forum List

Back