******* The Goodness of GOD *******

A thread dedicated to the Creator of the Universe and the Saviour of all mankind, Jesus Christ!:eusa_angel:

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

- Deuteronomy 7 KJV

Ya, real "good" to smite, utterly destroy, and show no mercy.

God can only honor our wishes. If we choose to reject Him, then we will face judgment at some point. Life and death in this wold is but a minor tip of the iceberg when compared with eternity.

There was a reason why God wiped out cities. He is not a vicious and whimsical God. He is slow to anger (Psalm 103:8, Numbers 14:18 and Psalm 145:8) and righteous in judgement. In some cases the cities that were commanded to be annihilated were comprised of Naphalim who were the product of fallen angels that had rejected Gods instructions and turned from their former estate. God waited for the sins and utter contempt for God to reach its peak before destroying the Canaanites. And even then, grace was extended to them, but only Rehab and her family reached out in acceptance. In Egypt, anyone who had the blood above the doorpost was spared whether they were a Jew or not (and if they were a Jew and didn't have the blood above the doorpost they were not spared). God sent Jonah to Nineveh to tell them to turn from their wicked ways because judgement was coming. He cared to warn them, and the amazing part is they heeded his warning and God spared them according to his word.

Jesus died for everyone's sins (1 John 2:2) and took upon himself everyone's sickness that we might be made whole (Isaiah 53:5). But he cannot force it upon you. You must accept his salvation in order to receive the free gift of pardon.

So, uh, does gismo know about this BLIGHT guy?

Something tells me he's not gonna be happy to see another nutter competing for his #1 Frootier Than A Nutcake Title.

This could be fun.

:popcorn:

He is a father so loving, he tortured and killed his only son.

What a psycho... He should still be in "god" prison for child endangerment.

Christ gave his life willingly that we might have eternal life. It was your sins and my sins that nailed him to that cross, yet it was Jesus' love for us that held him to the cross. He did not remain dead, but is alive again defeating death and sin. Therefore, we may proclaim, "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" (1 Corinthians 15:55):eusa_angel:

A thread dedicated to the Creator of the Universe and the Saviour of all mankind, Jesus Christ!:eusa_angel:

1 When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou;

2 And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them:

- Deuteronomy 7 KJV

Ya, real "good" to smite, utterly destroy, and show no mercy.

Stop being such a sissy.

When groups like the Nazis, the taliban, Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, or the IS emerge would it be good to make a covenant with them? Would it be a good thing to show them mercy and not destroy them when their expressed intent is to destroy and subjugate everyone else through the most barbaric and inhuman atrocities ever conceived?

When there are people out there who would just love to smite, utterly destroy, and show no mercy to you, is trying to appease them by being pusillanimous ever a good thing?

smarten up.

Last edited:
He is a father so loving, he tortured and killed his only son.

Christ gave his life willingly that we might have eternal life. It was your sins and my sins that nailed him to that cross, yet it was Jesus' love for us that held him to the cross. He did not remain dead, but is alive again defeating death and sin. Therefore, we may proclaim, "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" (1 Corinthians 15:55):eusa_angel:

Actually, Jesus wasn't quite that willing to give His life. He knew what was coming when He was turned over to the Jewish priests, and He knew that it was going to be bad when it came to a push between the Jewish priests and those of the Roman hierarchy.

And no.................Christ didn't give his life so that we could be eternal, he willingly gave His life to teach us how we should behave.

Jesus didn't die for our sins, he died for his own and showed us how to die for ours as well.

However...................we CAN be forgiven and rise again.

Actually, Jesus wasn't quite that willing to give His life. He knew what was coming when He was turned over to the Jewish priests, and He knew that it was going to be bad when it came to a push between the Jewish priests and those of the Roman hierarchy.

And no.................Christ didn't give his life so that we could be eternal, he willingly gave His life to teach us how we should behave.

Jesus didn't die for our sins, he died for his own and showed us how to die for ours as well.

Yes, Jesus was without sin only after he stopped sinning after being baptized by John as a token of repentance for the forgiveness of unspecified sins.

Funny thing is, Jesus didn't stop drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes. He must have not thought that was sinful......

What he did stop was following a literal application of the law even though he claimed to always do as God commands.

Either he was a nut job or he must have found another way to interpret and conform to the divine commands that must have something to do with the command to eat my flesh since what type of flesh is clean or unclean and what is acceptable to eat or not is the subject of Kosher law.

One must understand the figurative language and hidden subjects of the law in the way that Jesus did to even know what sin is................

This must be done first, otherwise people might be feeling bad about doing what is not sinful for no reason at all......while becoming perverse by striving to conform to an irrational interpretation of scripture making devotion to what is sin seem like a religious duty to the thoroughly confused..

Last edited:
There is nothing better than a catchy tune that you can whistle. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECUtkv2qV8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ECUtkv2qV8[/ame]

Jesus IS God so he didn't need to die for his sins. He was perfect and had no reason to die for sins he did not commit except that he had to die so that we might have eternal life.

"And he [Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:2)

If we accept his sacrifice then we can be saved. Without it there is not hope. You cannot be "good" enough. You cannot save yourself.

You are eternal whether you accept him or not. The question is will you spend eternity in heaven or hell. Smoking or non-smoking? It is your choice.

Last edited:

Jesus IS God so he didn't need to die for his sins. He was perfect and had no reason to die for sins he did not commit except that he had to die so that we might have eternal life.

"And he [Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:2)

If we accept his sacrifice then we can be saved. Without it there is not hope. You cannot be "good" enough. You cannot save yourself.

You are eternal whether you accept him or not. The question is will you spend eternity in heaven or hell. Smoking or non-smoking? It is your choice.

This makes absolutely no sense, at all. If I were god, and wanted people to behave, I would simply appear to them and say, "Behave!" I certainly would not threaten my children with eternal fire, and such. Frankly, it appears to me that Jesus pissed off the wrong people and got "wacked".

Last edited:

This makes absolutely no sense, at all. If I were god, and wanted people to behave, I would simply appear to them and say, "Behave!" I certainly would not threaten my children with eternal fire, and such. Frankly, it appears to me that Jesus pissed off the wrong people and got "wacked".

I understand it may not make full sense to you as an unbeliever. "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

God must maintain a delicate balance between showing himself and allowing us to have a free will to choose. He will show himself at the end of this age, but when he does every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that HE is Lord (Isaiah 45:23). He doesn't want you to love him because he forces you to. And he doesn't want you to love him because he has lots of stuff. He wants you to love him because you love HIM.

Hell is not a reason to choose to be saved. Many people say that Christians are trying to scare them by preaching that there is a place of eternal punishment. However, if you are not a believer then the concept of heaven or hell should not matter to you anyway. Nevertheless, Heaven and Hell exist regardless of whether you "believe" in them or not. When you come to the realization that the Bible is true and you make the decision to become "saved" it is not the fear of Hell that will overwhelm you but rather the goodness of God (Romans 2:4). For his goodness far outweighs the depths of hell.

Jesus could have come down from the cross in an instant, but it was his love for you and me that held him to that tree.

"The Maker of the universe...as Man, for man was made a curse.
The claims of Law which He had made, unto the uttermost He paid.
His holy fingers made the bough, which grew the thorns that crowned His brow;
The nails that pierced His hand were mined, in secret places He designed.
He made the forest from whence there sprung the tree on which His body hung;
He died upon a cross of wood, yet made the hill on which it stood.
The sky that darkened o'er His head, by Him above the earth was spread.
The sun that hid from Him its face, by His decree was poised in space.
The spear which spilled His precious blood was tempered in the fires of God.
The grave in which His form was laid was hewn in rocks His hands had made.
The throne on which He now appears was His from everlasting years;
But a new glory crowns His brow, and every knee to Him shall bow:
The Maker of the universe."

Poem by Bradd Pitt

I understand it may not make full sense to you as an unbeliever. "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

God must maintain a delicate balance between showing himself and allowing us to have a free will to choose. He will show himself at the end of this age, but when he does every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that HE is Lord (Isaiah 45:23). He doesn't want you to love him because he forces you to. And he doesn't want you to love him because he has lots of stuff. He wants you to love him because you love HIM.

Hell is not a reason to choose to be saved. Many people say that Christians are trying to scare them by preaching that there is a place of eternal punishment. However, if you are not a believer then the concept of heaven or hell should not matter to you anyway. Nevertheless, Heaven and Hell exist regardless of whether you "believe" in them or not. When you come to the realization that the Bible is true and you make the decision to become "saved" it is not the fear of Hell that will overwhelm you but rather the goodness of God (Romans 2:4). For his goodness far outweighs the depths of hell.

Jesus could have come down from the cross in an instant, but it was his love for you and me that held him to that tree.

You and those that believe as you do are certainly certifiable mental cases.

The basis for your religion is absolute nonsense.

You make a hell of a lot of excuses for your god.

If he was as perfect as you suggest there would be no need for wackjobs like you to interpret or explain his actions or why all of the accounts you trust in are several generations after the fact.

The only benefit I can see modern man has received from the bible is that heresay evidense is not allowed as fact....for obvious good reason.

If he was as perfect as you suggest there would be no need for wackjobs like you to interpret or explain his actions or why all of the accounts you trust in are several generations after the fact.

The only benefit I can see modern man has received from the bible is that heresay evidense is not allowed as fact....for obvious good reason.

Light is absolutely correct. Christ could have left that cross at any time. He created the wood He was hung on, but then He wouldn't have been able to say that His mission was finished. He never made any attempt to bypass that cross. It was His objective.

The Bible is the most accurate culmination of facts there is, bar none. It is the go to tool for secular archaeologists, identifying such ancient figures as Sargon (Isaiah 20:1); Sennacherib (Isaiah 37:37); Horam of Gazer (Joshua 10:33); Hazar (Joshua 15:27); and the nation of the Hittites (Genesis 15:20).

The biblical record, unlike others, is historically set, and stands up to testing and verification. This is what two of the greatest archeologists of our time say about it:
William F. Albright and Nelson Glueck, both lauded the Bible (even though they were non-Christian and secular in their training and personal beliefs) as being the single most accurate source document from history. Over and over again, the Bible has been found to be accurate in its places, dates, and records of events. No other “religious” document comes even close.

It stands up to scrutiny:
The names of over 40 different kings of various countries mentioned in the Bible have all been found in contemporary documents and inscriptions outside of the Old Testament, and are always consistent with the times and places associated with them in the Bible.

Nothing exists in ancient literature that has been even remotely as well-confirmed in accuracy as has the Bible. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." Psalm 14:1

There is NO corruption like christian/jew corruption. You have stolen uncountable resources and murdered millions in the name of your fake religion.

Lying murderous thieves.

The "goodness"...my ass. The only goodness is for the wallets of you snakes.

Religion is the worst thing humanity has ever tolorated.

Light is absolutely correct. Christ could have left that cross at any time. He created the wood He was hung on, but then He wouldn't have been able to say that His mission was finished. He never made any attempt to bypass that cross. It was His objective.

The Bible is the most accurate culmination of facts there is, bar none. It is the go to tool for secular archaeologists, identifying such ancient figures as Sargon (Isaiah 20:1); Sennacherib (Isaiah 37:37); Horam of Gazer (Joshua 10:33); Hazar (Joshua 15:27); and the nation of the Hittites (Genesis 15:20).

The biblical record, unlike others, is historically set, and stands up to testing and verification. This is what two of the greatest archeologists of our time say about it:
William F. Albright and Nelson Glueck, both lauded the Bible (even though they were non-Christian and secular in their training and personal beliefs) as being the single most accurate source document from history. Over and over again, the Bible has been found to be accurate in its places, dates, and records of events. No other “religious” document comes even close.
It stands up to scrutiny:
The names of over 40 different kings of various countries mentioned in the Bible have all been found in contemporary documents and inscriptions outside of the Old Testament, and are always consistent with the times and places associated with them in the Bible.

Nothing exists in ancient literature that has been even remotely as well-confirmed in accuracy as has the Bible. :eusa_angel:

So true.

That's why many people are afraid to pick it up and read it for themselves. The truth is so powerful, that those like Lee Strobel and Walid Shoebat who set out to prove that the Bible was wrong ended up having their lives transformed by it.

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." Psalm 14:1

There is NO corruption like christian/jew corruption. You have stolen uncountable resources and murdered millions in the name of your fake religion.

Lying murderous thieves.

The "goodness"...my ass. The only goodness is for the wallets of you snakes.

Religion is the worst thing humanity has ever tolorated.

I agree. I don't like "religion" much either. At least the term "Religion" as hijacked by today's society.

"Religion" is man's thoughts about God or gods. It is based on the idea that we can be "good" without God and that our works will make God like us or our works will make us a noble person.

In fact, Religion is the main difference between Christianity and all of the other world views. Islam, Hinduism, Atheism, Evolutionism, Mormonism, Catholicism, etc all are founded upon the concept that "I do good, therefore I am accepted." On the other hand, Christianity is based on the finished work of the Cross.

Salvation comes through the acceptance of Christ's atonement for your sins. It is the realization that you cannot be good by your own works.

Many bad things have been done in the name of "religion." While some of those religions claimed to be Christian in nature, that doesn't mean that what they were doing was right. What matters is what the Bible says is right not what man says is right. Mankind will always fall short of God's moral law.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back