The Forgotten History of Britain's White Slaves in America

The ironic thing is their descendants became the poor white trash that fought for the Confederacy and voted for Trump and wonder why their health insurance is going away.
upload_2017-7-29_9-10-57.png

The referenced article in the OP was written on July 28 (yesterday), and in the 1940s and 1950s, the "economic slaves" were referred to as "white indentured servants" on economic labor contracts.

The two reasons they were supplanted by African black slavery in the 1660s and 1670s in the British North America colonies were (1) it was far too costly, as too many died to make them economically feasible, and (2) they competed for land when they survived their contracts.

Well said. The ironic thing is their descendants became the poor white trash that fought for the Confederacy and voted for Trump and wonder why their health insurance is going away.
/----/ How stupid. But writing stupid posts are what you do best.

Apart from that being complete bullshit, a government was formed and a war prosecuted on the basis of the inferiority of the black man
You clearly have learned nothing from history, other than lies.
Yeah, right. Crackers be revising the words of thuh Vice President of thuh Confederacy agin', it's whut they do.

Our new government is founded upon exactly [this] idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.[1]

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institutions—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.
Cornerstone_Speech
Yeah... Walter Williams is a cracker. LMFAO!!!

White slaves were terribly abused...but mostly by Muslims. How come little is known of Muslim slavery? They have a horrendous history of slavery and many Muslim slaves where Europeans captured by Muslim invaders. When leftists control history, they lie.
The difference is the reasons for their slavery. Historically it came about because of war, religion, debt or criminality. Christian slaves could often improve their lot by converting. American slavery was different in that it added race to the mix, a condition which could not be changed, leading to second-class citizenship after emancipation and continues to present problems today. That's why it's still such a big topic and other historical forms of slavery aren't.
Excusing the heinous act of slavery, makes you a fool.

White slaves were terribly abused...but mostly by Muslims. How come little is known of Muslim slavery? They have a horrendous history of slavery and many Muslim slaves where Europeans captured by Muslim invaders. When leftists control history, they lie.
The difference is the reasons for their slavery. Historically it came about because of war, religion, debt or criminality. Christian slaves could often improve their lot by converting. American slavery was different in that it added race to the mix, a condition which could not be changed, leading to second-class citizenship after emancipation and continues to present problems today. That's why it's still such a big topic and other historical forms of slavery aren't.
I'm not excusing anything. I'm pointing out how this thread is an attempt to rewrite history.

I'm not excusing anything. I'm pointing out how this thread is an attempt to rewrite history.
So you think whites were never slaves. That is revisionist history, but leftists eat it up.

Rewrite?

By pointing out that blacks werent' the only slaves in American history?

not exactly a "SHORT" period of time and----sometimes the "sentence" was extended to LIFE. The children were not hereditary slaves-----but they did not have much of a chance in society or life. I assure you------white slaves were abused
Indentured servants were undoubtedly abused, but they weren't slaves. They had rights that chattel slaves did not and their term however long, WAS limited, not generational and resulted in citizenship at the end of its term.

all true. In fact ---the slavery that existed in ancient jewish law was no different----limited in time and---
when it ended the person had FULL RIGHTS -----the "owner" was even OBLIGED to "send the former
slave" out "equipted" to function in society. ROMAN slavery was completely chattel-----even if "freed"---the roman slave was still obligated to the roman "owner" -----for service and "loyalty"" ------something like a "soldier" in the owner's "ARMY" Slavery in the USA was barbaric-----completely chattel------kinda like greek slavery. GOOD we got rid of slavery-----almost

Rewrite? By pointing out that blacks weren't the only slaves in American history?
A lie IS revision of history. The OP makes it appear that white slavery was common. Acting like indentured servitude or the extremely rare case of a white person actually being enslaved in America is comparable to what happened to Africans is pretty much the definition of the BIG LIE.

Was the slavery inter-generational? Do the descendants of those people still suffer today?

Nope. IN fact, most of it was indentured servitude for a short time.

This is more white grievance mongering. "But white people were kind of slaves, too. except they had contracts and stuff."

not exactly a "SHORT" period of time and----sometimes the "sentence" was extended to LIFE.
The children were not hereditary slaves-----but they did not have much of a chance in society or life.

I assure you------white slaves were abused

White slaves were terribly abused...but mostly by Muslims.

How come little is known of Muslim slavery? They have a horrendous history of slavery and many Muslim slaves where Europeans captured by Muslim invaders. When leftists control history, they lie.

not quite-----there was ONE WAY for a person enslaved to muslims to IMPROVE their situations----
they COULD convert to the vile stink of islam. It was the muslims who agreed to BE muslims that were
candidates for being "freed". It might interest you to know that muslims-----in their weekly "we are
terrific and you stink" Friday sermons INSIST that muslims invented the idea of "freeing slave"-----
That is one GIANT LIE. Just about every society that has any form of slavery ALSO has a
mechanism for FREEING slaves. In the filth of islam-----the slaves eligible to be made free are those
who have "embraced" islam. (one of the real answers to 'how islam was spread" )

So you think whites were never slaves. That is revisionist history, but leftists eat it up.
Leftists reek of ignorance and hypocrisy. Remember all the anti-apartheid sit-ins by white students at Ivy League campuses (outside on the quad if the weather was nice and somebody had a bottle of wine) in the 80s. They were protesting South Africa's white rule--a hideously oppressive system to which blacks from the rest of Africa were immigrating illegally in vast numbers leaving conditions which persist to this day, for example, the Tswana enslaving the minority Sen people in Botswana, the pygmies being enslaved in several interior areas and even hunted for food, and now, thanks to Hillary and Obama's Bombs for Bibi policy, blacks being sold at open air slave auctions in Libya. Up in Cambridge, the Yard has remained quiet, however, with nary a voice from the right tail of the bell curve raised in protest of the injustice of slavery. It is believed inclement weather is the reason, that, or the warm glow of public displays of virtue doesn't glow as bright when protesting the evils of non-whites.

Rewrite? By pointing out that blacks weren't the only slaves in American history?
A lie IS revision of history. The OP makes it appear that white slavery was common. Acting like indentured servitude or the extremely rare case of a white person actually being enslaved in America is comparable to what happened to Africans is pretty much the definition of the BIG LIE.
The OP makes it appear that white slavery was common.

it pretty much was

Acting like indentured servitude or the extremely rare case of a white person actually being enslaved in America is comparable to what happened to Africans is pretty much the definition of the BIG LIE.

Comparable?

No.

Pretending it didn't exist is also a lie.

it pretty much was

Acting like indentured servitude or the extremely rare case of a white person actually being enslaved in America is comparable to what happened to Africans is pretty much the definition of the BIG LIE.

Comparable?

No.

Not pretending. It didn't exist as a legal entity. You're the one furthering a lie.

Yeah... Walter Williams is a cracker. LMFAO!!!
Never heard of the man. I assumed you are the cracker.
I find it hard to believe you have never heard of him. If true, you need to read him extensively. He is one of the greatest.

I assumed you were a brain dead leftist. Glad to see you aren't.

it pretty much was

Comparable?

No.

Not pretending. It didn't exist as a legal entity. You're the one furthering a lie.
So...legal entity is what does it for you. Do you fail to see how stupid that is?

A slave is a slave. Makes no difference if it is ensconced in a legal document.

it pretty much was

Comparable?

No.

it didn't exist as a 'legal entity'?

The local constabulary had no clue people owned slaves?

In Maine, the indentured servants wrote in their contracts that they could NOT be served Lobster more than 3 times a week....Lobster was thought to be the lowly food of the poor and indigent..it was so plentiful, on every low tide Lobsters were left smothering the shore and beaches as high as two feet, there were so many!!!

Forum List

Back