the evil weed

do you think the federal marijuana laws should follow the california paradigm ?

• yes

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • no

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow, i had a feeling that this might be a hot topic. and thanks for cleaning up the language, much better, just what i was hoping for. i especially enjoyed the phrase "you cry like a little douche". pretty funny, thanks for that... what about vaporizers?, no tar. i've also been hearing that the pot today is so much sronger than your father's weed. i don't see that as a problem. whisky is stronger than kaluha. so you deal with the potency, use less. it's not like taking a pill where your committed towhat it does. just a tiny bit can produced the desired effect. it's not all or nothing like the gas peddle in your prius'es, on or off. the issue really is, should responsible adults be allowed to grow and consume their own product? you like willy nelson don't you?

I just owned you on economics willow douch. That's what the MBA and accounting degree got me.
you might spell good I make 125,000 a year sitting on my ass doing accounting and financial analysis.
People grow pot because it's not provided commercially idiot. Burn #2

Marijuana should be left up to the states. No state should be FORCED to legalize pot though.

[...]
That's what many seem to not realize Lonestar. Pot is ILLEGAL and even though I don't agree with the law, it's still the law. I'm not going to be hypocritical and tell people that illegal immigrants are breaking the law while I'm sitting here puffing on a blunt.
Comparing the private, responsible, adult recreational use of marijuana to illegally entering the U.S. is not a valid analogy. The former activity produces absolutely no negative effect on anyone or anything but the latter activity contributes to an increasingly serious social problem. The laws against illegal entry are reasonable. The laws against responsible marijuana use are not.

I just owned you on economics willow douch. That's what the MBA and accounting degree got me.
you might spell good I make 125,000 a year sitting on my ass doing accounting and financial analysis.
People grow pot because it's not provided commercially idiot. Burn #2

You are just a big assed DUmmie liar and everybody here knows it. Kerry on.

The difference being one substance is illegal in most states. I imagine once you sober up you'll realize that.

Well the entire point of this discussion, well it would be if we could stay on topic, is should that illegal substance actually be illegal.

Personally I think the law should be amended, as I've said what people do to themselves is on them and I think it's one of the reasons that a lot of States are struggling with their finances due to overcrowded prisons. It was a bullshit law to begin with but until it is amended it is against the law in most States.
Quite right. But exhibiting adherence to a law strengthens it. Demonstrating solidarity in resistance to a law weakens it, which is what presently is happening to marijuana prohibition. Reason is beginning to prevail.

it's going to be legal, as the older reefer madness generation dies off. Cali may be the first state to legalize due to thier near bankrupt condition. Funny how going broke clears thier vision.
Hardship often leads to radical remedy -- e.g., the Russian, French and American revolutions. People get pissed off when they are hungry and oppressed and they act, either politically or more forcefully.

wow willow douche several are backing me up. After shoving your head up your ass twice that's what you bring. Please give us a laugh and state your education and occupation. Shit I gave you one with my spelling.

Yes today's pot is much stronger, and since I have been around and burning it since the seventies it's a result of growers learning horticulture. Back in the day 70's kids were stoked to get columbian red bud instead of the Mexican dirt weed even though it was 3x the price for a lid. lol
Today, if you not smoking Sensi, it's considered Schwagg. We didn't even know what sensi was in the 70's nor was it widely available. Hydro is a whole nother story.

topspin if you're educated enough to have an MBA then you are educated enough to know that legalizing pot isn't going to end the backyard growers any more than legalizing alcohol has ended back yard breweries.

It is what it is.

wow willow douche several are backing me up. After shoving your head up your ass twice that's what you bring. Please give us a laugh and state your education and occupation. Shit I gave you one with my spelling.

Yes today's pot is much stronger, and since I have been around and burning it since the seventies it's a result of growers learning horticulture. Back in the day 70's kids were stoked to get columbian red bud instead of the Mexican dirt weed even though it was 3x the price for a lid. lol
Today, if you not smoking Sensi, it's considered Schwagg. We didn't even know what sensi was in the 70's nor was it widely available. Hydro is a whole nother story.

You are just a big assed DUmmie liar and everybody here knows it.

willow douche keep bringing the comedy
con I'm glad your against prohibition
Yes some will still grow, but to think most will is comical. How many cig smokers you know growing tabacco in thier back yards.

And the question is why is one legal and the other not when they both have the same general effect of impairing one's judgement? We need to either make pot legal or outlaw alcohol and we already know how well that went over.......don't we? It led to mobsters rising to power.......kind of like drug lords of today. Perhaps if pot were legalized and taxed like alcohol, many of our crime and punishment problems would disappear.
Of course you're making a good point and I agree completely with its essence, but it's important to mention that both marijuana and beverage alcohol do not "have the same general effect of impairing one's judgment." While alcohol has a notoriously potent effect on judgment, the primary effect of marijuana is contemplative tranquility. You will never see a person under the influence of THC become violent or abusive or behave irrationally.

I apologize for the correction but I consider it an important one.

Yes some will still grow, but to think most will is comical. How many cig smokers you know growing tabacco in thier back yards.

You are a big assed under educated idiot.

willow dick your defeated and have no points but name calling to make, which is funny. Are you under 25 and not educated. If so I will lay off as kicking your ass wouldn't be ass much fun.

It's two entirely different crops. A large sect of land has to be dedicted to tobacco while a stoner could have a single plant growing hydroponically in his basement. Apples and submarines my friend.

so your a little young fox rightwing too with no amo.
go home little boy, you came to a gun fight with a knife and got your ass handed to you.

so your a little young fox rightwing too with no amo.
go home little boy, you came to a gun fight with a knife and got your ass handed to you.

I of course expect to see you calling out left wingers who are young and make stupid arguments with little to no evidence to support their views as well, yes?

I generally try to stay away from these types threads but if one wanted a rational discussion about this topic best place to start is a Harvard study on the effects of heavy usage;

The new study of cognitive changes caused by heavy marijuana use has found no lasting effects 28 days after quitting. Following a month of abstinence, men and women who smoked pot at least 5,000 times in their lives performed just as well on psychological tests as people who used pot sparingly or not at all, according to a report in the latest edition of the Archives of General Psychiatry.

That's the good news. The bad news, not included in the study, is that most heavy users admit that pot has had a negative effect on their physical and mental health as well their functioning on the job and socially.

"If there's one thing I've learned from studying marijuana for more than a decade, it's that proponents and opponents of the drug will put opposite spins on these findings," says Harrison Pope, a Harvard professor of psychiatry and leader of the research. "One day I'll get a letter that will say, 'we are shocked that you are so irresponsible as to publish a report that claims marijuana is almost harmless. That's a terrible disservice to our children.' The next day, I'll get a letter complaining that I'm 'irresponsible for implying there's something wrong with smoking marijuana. You have set back the legalization (of marijuana) movement by 20 years.'

Harvard Gazette: Study: Intelligence, cognition unaffected by heavy marijuana use

This is a great case study on the effects of heavy usage and I did find this interesting;
All took batteries of intelligence, attention, learning and memory tests on days 0, 1, 7, and 28 after quitting the drug. (Daily urine samples confirmed whether or not they had stopped.) On days 0, 1 and 7, current heavy smokers scored significantly lower then the other groups on memory tests.

"By day 28, however, there were no significant differences among the groups on any of 10 different tests, and no significant association between cumulative lifetime marijuana use and test scores," Pope says. In other words, the researchers conclude that heavy marijuana use produces no irreversible mental deficits.

Harvard Gazette: Study: Intelligence, cognition unaffected by heavy marijuana use

Now the top quotes would make it sound like the risk is slight but;
A number of investigations have linked marijuana to an increased risk of lung cancer. A recent Harvard study concluded that a middle-age person's chance of having a heart attack increases nearly five times during the first hour after smoking pot. That's especially meaningful for baby boomers who developed the habit in their teens and 20s and continue to use the drug in their 30s, 40s, and 50s. Other researchers have associated pot with impaired disease resistance and adverse effects on fetuses when mothers smoke the drug during pregnancy.

IMO what people do with their lives is on them but as of right it is against the law to smoke weed. And like I constantly complain about illegal immigrants, you can't just pick and choose what laws to follow.

I would like the study compared to heavy alcohol use. My job requires me to be around heavy equipment operators on a daily basis and if I had to choose I would rather be around someone who smoked an 1/8th of weed the night before rather than someone who drank a case of beer.

conhog, bs tabacco can be grown in a back yard are you fucking kidding me. Yes one can do hydro, but if your informed you know it takes daily attention and effort and knowledge not to fuck it up. There are many economist who say cali will take in a billion a year in taxes. I'll go with the experts. Tabacco companies are buying up land in n cali where its grown. I know for me I'd buy a pack like cigs and skip all the work as most would. sorry them's the facts

Forum List

Back