the evil weed

do you think the federal marijuana laws should follow the california paradigm ?

• yes

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • no

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I generally try to stay away from these types threads but if one wanted a rational discussion about this topic best place to start is a Harvard study on the effects of heavy usage;

The new study of cognitive changes caused by heavy marijuana use has found no lasting effects 28 days after quitting. Following a month of abstinence, men and women who smoked pot at least 5,000 times in their lives performed just as well on psychological tests as people who used pot sparingly or not at all, according to a report in the latest edition of the Archives of General Psychiatry.

That's the good news. The bad news, not included in the study, is that most heavy users admit that pot has had a negative effect on their physical and mental health as well their functioning on the job and socially.

"If there's one thing I've learned from studying marijuana for more than a decade, it's that proponents and opponents of the drug will put opposite spins on these findings," says Harrison Pope, a Harvard professor of psychiatry and leader of the research. "One day I'll get a letter that will say, 'we are shocked that you are so irresponsible as to publish a report that claims marijuana is almost harmless. That's a terrible disservice to our children.' The next day, I'll get a letter complaining that I'm 'irresponsible for implying there's something wrong with smoking marijuana. You have set back the legalization (of marijuana) movement by 20 years.'

Harvard Gazette: Study: Intelligence, cognition unaffected by heavy marijuana use

This is a great case study on the effects of heavy usage and I did find this interesting;

Now the top quotes would make it sound like the risk is slight but;
A number of investigations have linked marijuana to an increased risk of lung cancer. A recent Harvard study concluded that a middle-age person's chance of having a heart attack increases nearly five times during the first hour after smoking pot. That's especially meaningful for baby boomers who developed the habit in their teens and 20s and continue to use the drug in their 30s, 40s, and 50s. Other researchers have associated pot with impaired disease resistance and adverse effects on fetuses when mothers smoke the drug during pregnancy.

Harvard Gazette: Study: Intelligence, cognition unaffected by heavy marijuana use

IMO what people do with their lives is on them but as of right it is against the law to smoke weed. And like I constantly complain about illegal immigrants, you can't just pick and choose what laws to follow.

I would like the study compared to heavy alcohol use. My job requires me to be around heavy equipment operators on a daily basis and if I had to choose I would rather be around someone who smoked an 1/8th of weed the night before rather than someone who drank a case of beer.

I'd rather neither were operating heavy machinery. And by the way an 1/8th of weed as compared to an entire case of beer ? Come on now. It would be more like an 1/8th of weed compared to a single six pack of beer.

I coined the word turbo-lib on another board con so yes I'll bash the extreemist on both sides. There are a lot more righties here though.

conhog, bs tabacco can be grown in a back yard are you fucking kidding me. Yes one can do hydro, but if your informed you know it takes daily attention and effort and knowledge not to fuck it up. There are many economist who say cali will take in a billion a year in taxes. I'll go with the experts. Tabacco companies are buying up land in n cali where its grown. I know for me I'd buy a pack like cigs and skip all the work as most would. sorry them's the facts

I don't disagree that most would. just as mot aren't going to bother with brewing their own beer, but the flat statement was made that backyard growing would end. No it wouldn't. Them's the facts.

I coined the word turbo-lib on another board con so yes I'll bash the extreemist on both sides. There are a lot more righties here though.

maybe , maybe not, but there are a lot more STUPID left wingers here, and by stupid I mean ignorant, uneducated , know it all hacks... I greatly enjoy bashing either side if they are stupid, but the stupidity is more on the left side.

Please don't tell me you're one of those who believes someone is stupid if they disagree with you , but has no problem with the most ridiculous of posts that makes no sense , or has any basis in fact if it agrees with you. If so, I dismiss you.

If I said homegrowing would end I was wrong and that's not what I or any other advocate I know of is saying. Further afficianado's would want to grow, the best shit is home grown.
As to taxes, Oakland is already collecting millions from a couple of dispencaries.

I generally try to stay away from these types threads but if one wanted a rational discussion about this topic best place to start is a Harvard study on the effects of heavy usage;

This is a great case study on the effects of heavy usage and I did find this interesting;

Now the top quotes would make it sound like the risk is slight but;

IMO what people do with their lives is on them but as of right it is against the law to smoke weed. And like I constantly complain about illegal immigrants, you can't just pick and choose what laws to follow.

I would like the study compared to heavy alcohol use. My job requires me to be around heavy equipment operators on a daily basis and if I had to choose I would rather be around someone who smoked an 1/8th of weed the night before rather than someone who drank a case of beer.

I'd rather neither were operating heavy machinery. And by the way an 1/8th of weed as compared to an entire case of beer ? Come on now. It would be more like an 1/8th of weed compared to a single six pack of beer.

i would rather neither would choose to do that either. But to compare an 1/8th of weed to a case of beer is laughable. my point is that an 1/8th would screw you up a lot more than a case of beer and I would still trust that guy over the guy who is hungover after boozin all night.

Last edited:
Yeah if only Marijuana were legal, there'd be no problems associated with it. I mean, alcohol is legal and look, no one drives drunk or commits violent offenses while under the influence.
Do you suggest prohibiting alcohol again? Alcohol consumption increased under prohibition, as well as crime, and no taxes were collected on it.

Have you ever smoked? An 1/8th of weed can last the majority of smokers three to four days.

I was in drug enforcement for 10 years. I know full well what an 1/8 is. How long some smokers can make it last has no bearing on its relative effects. I have a case of beer in my refrigerator that has lasted me a month, that doesn't lessen the effects it would have on me if I drank an entire case in one sitting.

it's going to be legal, as the older reefer madness generation dies off. Cali may be the first state to legalize due to thier near bankrupt condition. Funny how going broke clears thier vision.

cali will leagalize it because they are broke.....they need the revenue from taxing it ..

Well nobody would be Dumber than californicators for buying and paying taxes on a product that can be grown in the backyard. That's just DUmb.

you can make wine and beer in your garage but people still buy it....

If I said homegrowing would end I was wrong and that's not what I or any other advocate I know of is saying. Further afficianado's would want to grow, the best shit is home grown.
As to taxes, Oakland is already collecting millions from a couple of dispencaries.

An accountant my ass!! If you're as adept with numbers as you are with letters then your clients are idiots.

Last edited:
cali will leagalize it because they are broke.....they need the revenue from taxing it ..

Well nobody would be Dumber than californicators for buying and paying taxes on a product that can be grown in the backyard. That's just DUmb.

It is probably a lot more time consuming. If I could grow marijuana legally I'll be doggoned if I'd pay somebody 50 or 60 bucks an ounce.. I don't even know what the stuff sells for.

is this still going? don't you people have homes?? just kidding... the poll is open for five days... i didn't tick the box that says who voted for what.... there is complete privacy... ...so please vote...

Last edited:
good pot sells for about $400 and oz, schwag about 100.
What kind of job does the texas moron have that he things accounting is so hard. And it's corporate finacial analysis for oil not cpa's.
Shit the engineer are making the real money, I do planning and earnings and it really woundn't require an MBA. But the post graduate work in investing paid off. I made a mill by 49.

Last edited:
goog pot sells for about $400 and oz, schwag about 100.
What kind of job does the texas moron have that he things accounting is so hard. And it's corporate finacial analysis for oil not cpa's.
Shit the engineer are making the real money, I do planning and earnings and it really woundn't require an MBA. But the post graduate work in investing paid off. I made a mill by 49.

took ya till 49 huh....must have been the "goog" weed..............

the average millionaire becomes one at 59, so I got 10 years on em
yes I usually buy the $400 oz variety

It is probably a lot more time consuming. If I could grow marijuana legally I'll be doggoned if I'd pay somebody 50 or 60 bucks an ounce.. I don't even know what the stuff sells for.

you can have 6 mature plants for personal use.....in cali....

Patient FAQ's - Alternative Care Clinics - Southern California - Medical Marijuana Evaluations - 866-420-7215

Forum List

Back