the evil weed

do you think the federal marijuana laws should follow the california paradigm ?

• yes

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • no

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lonestar your ignorance is amazing on the topic
why are doctors prescribing it for pain, naisia, anxiety..
If a recreational user gets joy out if it, who the fuck are you to tell him he can't.

If a recreational user gets joy out if it, who the fuck are you to tell him he can't.

I freaking love it when a poster points out the "ignorance" of another poster and then proceeds to spell nausea, "naisia" freaking hilarious. it you spent less time smoking pot and more time cracking the books it might help a little.
"

Because those doctors are liberal quacks. Ever heard of marinol? It's a pill that supposedly will give you the so-called benefits of marijuana without having to smoke it. But you don't see kids flocking to buy it.

When a person gets high and drives a car on the same streets my family utilizes, I have concern, the same concern I have with those that drink and drive.

National Institue of Drug Abuse, Journal of the American Medical Association, Journal of Clinical Phamacology, International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Pharmacology Review determined that:

The short term effects of marijuana use include: memory loss, distorted perception, trouble with thinking and problem solving, loss of motor skills, decrease in muscle strength, increased heart rate, and anxiety.

Harvard University researchers report that the risk of a heart attack is five times higher than usual in the hour after smoking marijuana.

"Marijuana and Heart Attacks" Washington Post, March 3, 2000

Smoking marijuana also weakens the immune system and raises the risk of lung infections. A Columbia University study found that a control group smoking a single marijuana cigarette every other day for a year had a white-blood-cell count that was 39 percent lower than normal, thus damaging the immune system and making the user far more susceptible to infection and sickness.

I. B. Adams and BR Martin, "Cannabis: Pharmacology and Toxicology in Animals and Humans" Addiction 91: 1585-1614. 1996.

National Institute of Drug Abuse, "Smoking Any Substance Raises Risk of Lung Infections" NIDA Notes, Volume 12, Number 1, January/February 1997.

Dr. James Dobson, "Marijuana Can Cause Great Harm" Washington Times, February 23, 1999.

Marijuana is much stronger now than it was decades ago. According to data from the Potency Monitoring Project at the University of Mississippi, the tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) content of commercial-grade marijuana rose from an average of 3.71 percent in 1985 to an average of 5.57 percent in 1998. The average THC content of U.S. produced sinsemilla increased from 3.2 percent in 1977 to 12.8 percent in 1997.

2000 National Drug Control Strategy Annual Report, page 13.

Any determination of a drug's valid medical use must be based on the best available science undertaken by medical professionals. The Institute of Medicine conducted a comprehensive study in 1999 to assess the potential health benefits of marijuana and its constituent cannabinoids. The study concluded that smoking marijuana is not recommended for the treatment of any disease condition. In addition, there are more effective medications currently available. For those reasons, the Institute of Medicine concluded that there is little future in smoked marijuana as a medically approved medication.

"Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base," Institute of Medicine, 1999.

In addition, in a recent study by the Mayo Clinic, THC was shown to be less effective than standard treatments in helping cancer patients regain lost appetites.

"Marijuana Appetite Boost Lacking in Cancer Study" The New York Times, May 13, 2001

The risk of using cocaine has been estimated to be more than 104 times greater for those who have tried marijuana than for those who have never tried it.

Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health.

You just need to set the bong down and do something productive.

Last edited:
Decriminalized. Not legal. Too many kids abuse alcohol and prescription drugs because its handy. Don't need to add pot to the mix,

wrong legal pot would be harder for a kid to get than decrimed pot. It's easier now for kids to buy pot than beer due to no regulation.

Decriminalized. Not legal. Too many kids abuse alcohol and prescription drugs because its handy. Don't need to add pot to the mix,

wrong legal pot would be harder for a kid to get than decrimed pot. It's easier now for kids to buy pot than beer due to no regulation.

If you think that legalizing pot will make it harder for kids to get pot, then you are one fucked up stoner. There will be a black market on pot just as there is still a black market for homemade shine. Besides wouldn't putting restrictions on pot defeat the purpose of legalizing it?

sweet you are a fucking idiot. Did you go to college or all your friends are ged's like you. Plenty of college grads and professors smoke. It's less dangerous than beer, though your to ignorant to know that. Why, it requires reading.

you smoke a doobie and i will drink a beer and lets see who can function....

who's advocating smoking and driving. It's just as dangerous as drinking and driving.

sweet you are a fucking idiot. Did you go to college or all your friends are ged's like you. Plenty of college grads and professors smoke. It's less dangerous than beer, though your to ignorant to know that. Why, it requires reading.

Is this the comedy hour or what? You claim to have an MBA but don't even know the difference in "your" and "you're" or their proper usage! Way to go mr. pothead. :lol::lol::lol:

it's going to be legal, as the older reefer madness generation dies off. Cali may be the first state to legalize due to thier near bankrupt condition. Funny how going broke clears thier vision.

cali will leagalize it because they are broke.....they need the revenue from taxing it ..

one who blindly follows a stupid gov law

Our laws are not a buffet line. If you don't like it, get enough people who follow your ideals and have it changed, thats what makes the U.S. so great. Until then if you're smoking pot you're breaking the law, simple as that.
Nate,

You've made an intelligent presentation with your reference to Dr. Pope, etc., but your adamant insistence on rigid adherence to laws for no better reason than they are laws suggests an inclination to authoritarian submissive orientation. And that is intended only as a respectful, objective observation with no wish to offend.

We are all free to risk the consequences of violating any law and whether or not we choose to adhere to a given law should be a matter of conscience, not a measure of submissive nature. For example, I obey the laws against larceny because my conscience dictates that I do. But I am not bound by my innate sense of right and wrong to obey the absolutely irrational laws against using marijuana. And while I will do my best to avoid falling victim to the kind of people who enforce the marijuana laws I have nothing but contempt for them and what they represent.

willow douche grammar nazi ing is gay
those who can't debate bash poor spellers. Let's get this out the way. I can't spell for fuck and don't pay attention to gramar. I do know dorky douchbags care about it, I'm a big picture Ideas guy fuck you and any other English major wannabees.

it's going to be legal, as the older reefer madness generation dies off. Cali may be the first state to legalize due to thier near bankrupt condition. Funny how going broke clears thier vision.

cali will leagalize it because they are broke.....they need the revenue from taxing it ..

Well nobody would be Dumber than californicators for buying and paying taxes on a product that can be grown in the backyard. That's just DUmb.

willow douche grammar nazi ing is gay
those who can't debate bash poor spellers. Let's get this out the way. I can't spell for fuck and don't pay attention to gramar. I do know dorky douchbags care about it, I'm a big picture Ideas guy fuck you and any other English major wannabees.

then stop lying about your education. Nobody believes you. You have no credibility.

Well nobody would be Dumber than californicators for buying and paying taxes on a product that can be grown in the backyard. That's just DUmb.

Willowdouche you attack my spelling I'll demolish your inept attempt at economics understanding. Like it's this easy, how many of your cig smoking friends grow tabacco in thier back yards. Not only do none of mine, but I've never even heard of it. BURN

Willowdouche you attack my spelling I'll demolish your inept attempt at economics understanding. Like it's this easy, how many of your cig smoking friends grow tabacco in thier back yards. Not only do none of mine, but I've never even heard of it. BURN

how many of your illegal pot buddies grow pot??? BURN. you are the biggest DUmmie to hit the board in a loooooooooooooooooong time. you must be a little fat greek looking guy. :lol::lol:

Forum List

Back