As a libertarian I support your choices.

when you start paying more because of what you believe you'll change your tune. If you lost all your federal and state income tax credits for your kids and all your local taxes increased because you have kids I know you'd be singing a different tune.

It's not an insult it's just human nature.

Believe it or not, some of us shoot for a little higher than "human nature". You should try it.

And yet we never really seem to get past it do we?

What's the prayer the drunks in AA sat all the time?

I'm not sure. But I bet it doesn't involve "giving in" to human nature.

Listen, if you want to make excuses for the concessions you've made - fine. But don't assume everyone else has given up as well. Many of us haven't.

Concessions?

You make the same ones because you comply with the laws of the current system so don't tell me you haven't made the same co cessions as everyone else.

If you were as good a moral icon as you think you are you would not comply with anything you deemed unjust but you comply just like the rest of us

Like I said libertarianism is a safe place when you know that none of it will ever be implemented

And I'm saying you're wrong to assume that libertarians don't really mean it - that, when push comes to shove, we'll vote out of pure self-interest. Some of us care about the broader picture. Some of are perfectly willing to sacrifice whatever perks we might enjoy under the current system in exchange for a freer society.

Too bad you'll never be able to prove that point.

In my experience libertarians are all about smaller less expensive government but if the government starts doing things like getting rid of dependent and mortgage deductions and start charging people with kids higher and higher fees for public services like schools I'll bet they'll start saying it's "not fair"

Believe it or not, some of us shoot for a little higher than "human nature". You should try it.

Listen, if you want to make excuses for the concessions you've made - fine. But don't assume everyone else has given up as well. Many of us haven't.

Concessions?

You make the same ones because you comply with the laws of the current system so don't tell me you haven't made the same co cessions as everyone else.

If you were as good a moral icon as you think you are you would not comply with anything you deemed unjust but you comply just like the rest of us

Like I said libertarianism is a safe place when you know that none of it will ever be implemented

And I'm saying you're wrong to assume that libertarians don't really mean it - that, when push comes to shove, we'll vote out of pure self-interest. Some of us care about the broader picture. Some of are perfectly willing to sacrifice whatever perks we might enjoy under the current system in exchange for a freer society.

In my experience libertarians are all about smaller less expensive government but if the government starts doing things like getting rid of dependent and mortgage deductions and start charging people with kids higher and higher fees for public services like schools I'll bet they'll start saying it's "not fair"

Your experience is limited. You're projecting your own lack of principle onto others.

Concessions?

Your experience is limited. You're projecting your own lack of principle onto others.

Really?

I comply with the current laws just like you do and you're the oe who thinks the current laws make you less free It seems to me you have a lack of principals because you won't defy all the things you saty are unjust and robbing you of your freedom

when you start paying more because of what you believe you'll change your tune. If you lost all your federal and state income tax credits for your kids and all your local taxes increased because you have kids I know you'd be singing a different tune.

It's not an insult it's just human nature.

Concessions?

Oh no doubt... one (very stupid) thing about libertarians is that they would vote to have their own heads smashed in, if it meant staying true to that bumper sticker they found at that Florida truck stop that one time, and being able to brag about it later (which is the important part).

Concessions?

Really?

I comply with the current laws just like you do and you're the oe who thinks the current laws make you less free It seems to me you have a lack of principals because you won't defy all the things you saty are unjust and robbing you of your freedom

It seems like you have a point in mind ...

Concessions?

Oh no doubt... one (very stupid) thing about libertarians is that they would vote to have their own heads smashed in, if it meant staying true to that bumper sticker they found at that Florida truck stop that one time, and being able to brag about it later (which is the important part).

You, on the other hand, don't.

Concessions?

Really?

YEah don't question the principles of people you know nothing about.

LIbertarianism is an idealistic theory that is all it will ever be.

It's a little immature IMO tp be holding onto idealism, especially when you know there is little or no chance of that ideal governmental system yt be implemented.

I much prefer a pragmatic approach to government

Really?

It's a little immature IMO tp be holding onto idealism, especially when you know there is little or no chance of that ideal governmental system yt be implemented.

Sure. You've got to see it that way. The alternative is to face up to your hypocrisy and lack of genuine values.

Really?

Sure. You've got to see it that way. The alternative is to face up to your hypocrisy and lack of genuine values.
What hypocrisy?

What exactly have I said that is hypocritical?

And what are my values since you seem to know so fucking much about me?

Really?

What hypocrisy?

You tell me? I can discern no consistency in your views.

Really?

What hypocrisy?

You tell me? I can discern no consistency in your views.
Hey Asshole you called me a hypocrite it's up to you to prove your claims not me

Forum List

Back