the evil weed

do you think the federal marijuana laws should follow the california paradigm ?

• yes

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • no

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nate, I'm not here to impress GED's maybe moderates that are educated on both sides.
Please tell me you never jaywalk or speed. I need a good laugh

Nate, I'm not here to impress GED's maybe moderates that are educated on both sides.
Please tell me you never jaywalk or speed. I need a good laugh

And I'm not here to entertain you. If you want a good laugh go read the funny pages since that seems to be at your level of understanding.

oh no Nate morons on political boards like you are funnier than the comedy channel. Please don't stop posting nonsense. That said I bet your mommy is proud you don't break ANY laws.

Really smart people make the observation that the state of californicate is an abject failure and will adopt none of their stupid plans, schemes, and drug induced legislation. that is all. Kerry On.

oh no Nate morons on political boards like you are funnier than the comedy channel. Please don't stop posting nonsense. That said I bet your mommy is proud you don't break ANY laws.

And it's tools like you that makes it harder and harder to have a decent debate on these message boards... Was it your mommy who showed you how to roll your first blunt?

If you smoke pot you will shoot your best friend. I saw it in a anti-drug commercial so it must be true. :rolleyes: The truth is marijuana is relatively benign substance and legalizing it has the potential to raise tax revenue and can alleviate some strain on the justice system by not having to prosecute, plea bargin, incarcerate marijuana users.

And it's tools like you that makes it harder and harder to have a decent debate on these message boards... Was it your mommy who showed you how to roll your first blunt?

no your mom did right after I ass fucked her

If you smoke pot you will shoot your best friend. I saw it in a anti-drug commercial so it must be true. :rolleyes: The truth is marijuana is relatively benign substance and legalizing it has the potential to raise tax revenue and can alleviate some strain on the justice system by not having to prosecute, plea bargin, incarcerate marijuana users.

You just broke the rules big time asswipe.

That the best you got? Give me a break, been hearing the "what I did to yo momma last night" since I was a toddler. You'd think with the world at your fingertips one could come up with something newer to trash talk with...

remember, weed is only illegal if you enjoy it. it's time to seperate pot from drugs. it's more like coffee or tea. it's illegal because of politics. it is remarkably non-toxic. i would rather my kids smoke pot than drink. even anslinger would be surprised that smoking herb is still specifically prohibitited. but that is all changing. this should kick off the debate. please dn't use profanity in this thread thank you...___ s.e.

Only idiots smoke dope.

Yep, the other idiots drink Jack Daniels. And I plead to hypocrisy as I like Scotch and Port.

The difference being one substance is illegal in most states. I imagine once you sober up you'll realize that.

Only idiots smoke dope.

Yep, the other idiots drink Jack Daniels. And I plead to hypocrisy as I like Scotch and Port.

The difference being one substance is illegal in most states. I imagine once you sober up you'll realize that.

That's what many seem to not realize Lonestar. Pot is ILLEGAL and even though I don't agree with the law, it's still the law. I'm not going to be hypocritical and tell people that illegal immigrants are breaking the law while I'm sitting here puffing on a blunt.

Only idiots smoke dope.

And the question is why is one legal and the other not when they both have the same general effect of impairing one's judgement? We need to either make pot legal or outlaw alcohol and we already know how well that went over.......don't we? It led to mobsters rising to power.......kind of like drug lords of today. Perhaps if pot were legalized and taxed like alcohol, many of our crime and punishment problems would disappear.

Well the entire point of this discussion, well it would be if we could stay on topic, is should that illegal substance actually be illegal.

Personally I think the law should be amended, as I've said what people do to themselves is on them and I think it's one of the reasons that a lot of States are struggling with their finances due to overcrowded prisons. It was a bullshit law to begin with but until it is amended it is against the law in most States.

it's going to be legal, as the older reefer madness generation dies off. Cali may be the first state to legalize due to thier near bankrupt condition. Funny how going broke clears thier vision.

And the question is why is one legal and the other not when they both have the same general effect of impairing one's judgement? We need to either make pot legal or outlaw alcohol and we already know how well that went over.......don't we? It led to mobsters rising to power.......kind of like drug lords of today. Perhaps if pot were legalized and taxed like alcohol, many of our crime and punishment problems would disappear.

Perhaps it will, perhaps it won't. Neither substance has any societal benefits that I know of. The point is legalizing pot will in fact increase use among children.

Nevada law classifies possession of one ounce of marijuana a misdemeanor subject to a ticket and a fine. Therefore, we believe law enforcement and courts are not over-burdened with minor marijuana offenses.

Statements regarding the number of persons charged with a marijuana offense are misleading because they do not differentiate between a person who gets a ticket for a small amount of marijuana and a trafficker with several tons.

We believe laws prohibiting marijuana sends the message to our youth that it is a dangerous drug. Legalization of marijuana for adults will increase use by minors. When Alaska permitted the private use of marijuana, use among children rose rapidly reaching
twice the national average.

A Canadian study found that the country’s liberal marijuana policies have resulted in Canadian youth topping all other nations for frequent use of marijuana. The lead researcher attributes the increased use to affordability, availability and acceptability.

After marijuana became legal and sold in smoke shops in the Netherlands, consumption nearly tripled among 18 to 20 year olds. The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Managers Supervisors Association, the Las Vegas Police Protective Association Metro and the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association, believe criminals profiting from illegal drug sales won’t be out of business, they will likely increase efforts to expand the number of underage users. Nationwide, Marijuana was involved in more than 215,000 emergency department visits impacting an already burdened emergency care system.

Smoking a marijuana cigarette deposits about three to five times more tar into the lungs than one filtered cigarette. Smoking three to four joints per day causes as much harm to the respiratory system as smoking a full pack of cigarettes a day. Marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke.

Subject to certain exceptions, doctors, teachers, bus drivers, police, firefighters, and others over the age of 21 would be “exempt from arrest, civil penalty” and CANNOT face “discipline by any state or local licensing board” for “possession, transfer or use of one ounce or less of marijuana” if Question 7 passes. Marijuana users have 55% more industrial accidents than non-users and have been shown to have a 78% increase in absenteeism over non-users. Workers who tested positive for marijuana use had disciplinary problems at work 64% more often than workers who test negative for marijuana. Accident records from one study showed that up to 12% of non-fatally injured drivers and up to 16% of fatally injured drivers had marijuana in their bloodstream.

Legalization of Marijuana -- Arguments Against

Forum List

Back