The "eucharist" is unbiblical

What did he mean by eat me?

Remember he told them that the work of God was to BELIEVE on Jesus.

To believe is to accept, internalize, and absorb--which is what eating is--taking in an outside substance, food inside of you. But unlike physical bread which is eaten and cast out through the digestive system, the spiritual bread, the word of God, is eaten/internalized through belief and never cast out. It remains inside of us. In verse 58, Jesus explains that when we eat him it is "NOT as your fathers did eat manna and are dead". It is not the same kind of eating. It is INTERNALIZING, ACCEPTING, BELIEVING HIM.

He nourishes us with His Word.

You do understand for Catholics, it is not one or the other. It is both. Five hundred years after Christ, some argued only one was needed, but Catholics (and others) continue to practice both.

several church fathers thought is was only symbolic.

No. You did present some carefully cherry-picked words from Tertullian, but I added back in the ones you left out. It was five hundred years before anyone questioned the real presence.

Why not just be thankful you are internalizing the word and let it go at that. You have what you want, what you feel is of the most importance.

several church fathers thought is was only symbolic.

No. You did present some carefully cherry-picked words from Tertullian, but I added back in the ones you left out. It was five hundred years before anyone questioned the real presence.

Why not just be thankful you are internalizing the word and let it go at that. You have what you want, what you feel is of the most importance.

Although I am a few years late for the great discussion, I see so many extensive and detailed posts .

So many people with a One - Step Theology Position - always are around the corner building a fire to eat and devour the truth. Literally building a fire and expecting everyone around them to cast all manuscript data into the fire, while they re- shape, re- mold and develop a man - made pattern upon the Bible - into their personal, private, classified image.

Many people will not and cannot take a single moment of time, to verify, confirm, authenticate, validate, corroborate or substantiate and bear the message of actual original manuscripts them self, to search to the finding out whether or not they bear to the truth. But while they can sit back in mockery and ease, garnishing favorable trimmings for themselves and delicious side dishes -

The fact is – this Hebrew word - אָכַל - 'âkal / aw-kal' - H398 - Means = To eat (literally or figuratively): - To burn up, consume, devour - To dine, eat up), To feed.

This Hebrew word is used in - 700 verses total in the entire Old Testament. – And of these total 700 verses - it is used 434 times - as the word “ EAT “ – meaning to eat food. And the other 266 times this same exact word is used SYMBOLICALLY / METAPHORICALLY - to also mean “ EAT “ but in the form of a symbolist, allegorical, figurative, denotative and suggestive as “ CONSUMPTION “ - that has nothing to do with eating foods.

And yes, this word is majoritively, by large - used in a harmful, destructive and negative way. In the symbolic usage of this word “ outside of being used to mean eating food “ when this word is used. The lion's share of the terminology usage and expressions of this word is truly used in a destructive, caustic and critical meaning.

But it also has a constructive, positive and a good encouraging meaning, and this symbolic concept is used in the Bible in a good way.

As Yahoshua said - Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat - of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

And .... Joh 4::32 And Joh 4:32 I “ Yahoshu “ have meat to eat - that ye know not of. 34 My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. :32 I “ Yahoshu “ have meat to eat that ye know not of. :36 And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal.
And - Joh 6:26 Ye seek me.....because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Joh 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life.....

Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. :53 Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. :56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. :57 : so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. :58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat “ LITERAL FOOD “ manna, “ - and are dead: he that eateth of this “ SYMBOLIC “ bread shall live for ever.

And... Mat 15:25 To the Canaanite woman Yahoshua said - . :26 - It is not good to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. :27 And she said, yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, hear what the Spirit says unto the churches that overcometh will I give to eat - of the hidden manna.

The Apostle also used this same exact concept in a constructive and positive symbolic way.

1Co 3:1 I must speak unto you in the carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. :2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: ye are not able to bear it.

1Co 10:3 The Israelites ate the same spiritual meat; :4 The same spiritual drink: they drank of that spiritual Rock = Christ.

Heb 5:11 Ye are dull of hearing. :12 That i must teach you _ only _ of milk concerning the oracles of God and cannot teach you of the strong meat. :13 For every one that uses milk is un - skilful in the word..... for he is a babe. :14 But strong meat belongs to them that are of full age.. having their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Job 6:30 Is there iniquity in my tongue? cannot my taste discern perverse things?
Job 12:11 Doth not the ear try “ the words Of God “ and the mouth taste God’s meat?
Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psa 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
2Ti 2:16 Shun profane, vain
babblings :17 These word will eat as doth a canker / ulcer.
Joh 8:52 Yahoshua said - If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
Heb 13:10 We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Mat 16:28 and Luk 9:27 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death....

Joh 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

Jas 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire.

Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is an EATING fire, a jealous God.
Heb 12:29 For our God is
a EATING fire.
Gen 31:15 Rachel and Leah said that their father had EATEN up - consumed - our money.

Isa 58:14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD.......and I will feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father.

This is not even a fraction of the entirety of all the verses in the Bible - but is the entirety of the COMPLETE Symbolic nature of how this concept and metaphoric model of all of the ways that this word is used to mean devour, absorb, consume, and the same word in the Hebrew and also - the Greek is the same exact words meaning to eat. This is how the Jews spoke and how the entire manuscripts use the word - eat. It has a symbolic meaning. – both positive and negative – but it has the same exact symbolism - depending what it is referring to in the subject description, and it all means the same exact thing - whether it is an EATING fire or an EATING sword or an EATING army or an EATING famine that starves a civilization to death.

The same symbolic concept, model and reproduction of the allegorical metaphoric meaning - is also used as in the same exact way - - as the mind and the soul and in the symbolic actions - in the Bible we are “ ourselves “ spiritually and mentally devouring, consuming, assimilating, digesting, taking in, ABSORBING digest, gobbling, chomping, munching, wolfing down and eating the word of God and literally symbolically eating / digesting our Bible and eating God himself.

And God is symbolically eating the wicked by destruction and Yahoshua was eating, consuming, devouring and digesting - the will of God. - In the Bible – this word transforms into the symbolic meaning of consumption and the Greek and Hebrew words are the same exact word and meaning as the literal word used as when they described – eating food and drink.

Psa 22:20 Deliver my soul from..... the power of the dog. :21 Save me from the lion's mouth:
Eze 39:18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth...
Psa 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; - :2 He makes me lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

We could fill many, many pages of symbolic ways that we devour, consume and eat the things that God intends to spiritually give to his people.

Heb 13:15 Let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

MAT 5:6, "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: .... Meat will come in due season."

JESUS said that his " THIS " FLESH / BLOOD / MEAT - profiteth nothing: = His physical body for food is useless, worthless, no value and no profit to eat for food - BUT it is the WORDS - the words that he speaks unto MAN.~~~ they are - THE spirit, and life. - His WORD - is the subject of the symbolism and what he was explaining. - this " flesh */blood / meat {sarx}- profiteth nothing in the context of eating as food – his flesh and blood.

Many today are still asking Yahoshua today - How can this man give us his flesh to eat ? and asking - how can we convince others that he was speaking of this as literal food and drink.

But as just as it was completely impossible to add the word - “ trinity “ into the translation – it was also impossible to change the translation to use any other symbolic words for eat - and drink other than the concept of - to crush, chew break apart, break down, devour, mash, pound, maw, chop, pulverize, reduce to pulp, puree, squash, tear into pieces and crush down and eat the entire word of God – chew it up and swallow the meat of God’s Word, and digest it into our hearts, minds and souls and feed it to others in the same way. -
The Bible is filled with this symbolic meaning = Mic 3:2 Evil people pluck off the skin and flesh from the bones of my people; :3 And eat / consume/ devour the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: / eat.

Rev 12:4 The dragon stood before the woman - to devour / eat - her child as soon as it was born.
1Co_15:54 Death is
swallowed / drank - up in victory.
2Co_2:7 Forgive them, lest they
be swallowed / drank - up with overmuch sorrow.
2Co_5:4 That mortality might be
swallowed / drank - up of life.
Mat 20:22 Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink
of ?
Rev 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God,
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
1Co 12:13 Whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
Rev_12:16 The earth opened her
mouth, and swallowed / drank - up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

Rev 16:6 You have given the saints and prophets that were killed - blood to drink; for they are worthy. - { they drank symbolically
drank / swallowed - their own blood / life.

I know it would not help if had made the post even longer and added even more facts about this symbolic meaning. ? The Roman Catholic Church Fathers already have decided what it all means.

Frankly, this eating of flesh and drinking of blood is downright spooky. It is something I would expect to see in a New Orleans Voodoo ceremony.

Nothing wrong or 'anti-Christian' about Communion. As for the claims about 'Protestantism', the main Protestant sects practice a form if of it as well, since, except for the Calvinists, they are essentially Catholic denominations with nearly the same practices and rituals, they just don't ship any of their tithes to Rome. Some are confused as to what 'Protestants' are, actually; there are only three main Protestant sects. Methodists, Baptists, Presbyterians, etc. are not 'Protestant' sects, they came along later, and are more like anti-Protestant sects, since their main persecutors were the original Protestant sects favored by kings of England and the like.

What did he mean by eat me?

Remember he told them that the work of God was to BELIEVE on Jesus.

To believe is to accept, internalize, and absorb--which is what eating is--taking in an outside substance, food inside of you. But unlike physical bread which is eaten and cast out through the digestive system, the spiritual bread, the word of God, is eaten/internalized through belief and never cast out. It remains inside of us. In verse 58, Jesus explains that when we eat him it is "NOT as your fathers did eat manna and are dead". It is not the same kind of eating. It is INTERNALIZING, ACCEPTING, BELIEVING HIM.

Yes, but what exactly is it about Jesus that you believe?

In John 6:68 the disciples confirmed their belief that the words that Jesus spoke, his teaching, is what gives life after they questioned his crazy talk about eating flesh and blood before the last supper.

That still doesn't answer the question of what Jesus was teaching, that the law, the way to eternal life, was figurative, the subjects hidden, "eat my flesh" being a direct reference to and revelation about the hidden teaching in Kosher law.

During the last supper according to the gospel of John the only one given bread by Jesus was Judas as a way for Jesus to secretly identify his betrayer to the others..

"And as soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him."

So if any Judas out there is still munching on Jesus flesh, either literally or symbolically, instead of applying their mind to understand the way that Jesus taught the faithful to comply with the divine commands, and doing it, they do not have the teaching of Jesus in them and with them, they cannot have the eternal life promised for fulfilling the demands of the law in them, so they might want to, while they have a chance, begin the painful process of evicting the evil one that actually has been lurking inside.."we believe in a trinity, we believe that God became a man and died for us, we are sinners, we believe that the law is obsolete, we have faith, we this, we that", all the way to destruction.

Last edited:
Frankly, this eating of flesh and drinking of blood is downright spooky. It is something I would expect to see in a New Orleans Voodoo ceremony.

My tasty little Poppet,

So what if some people want to demonstrate their love for God by worshipping and eating Jesus. Are you a militant atheist? Are you are trying to subordinate religion? Why are you so angry?

Bigot! Anti-Christian! Sod Jew! HATER!

We believe that God created the entire universe to experience the material world through us numbskulls on earth. We believe in a trinity. We believe that God diddled a virgin, became a man, and died for us. We have faith. We are sinners. Jesus loves us. We believe that the Word of God is edible.. We are saved. You're going to hell. Neener neener.

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens our belly. We eat him because he loved us.

P.S. You can't beat the system. Get with the program. We're number one! Resistance is futile.

Love, your affectionate uncle,

Multis.

:777:

Last edited:
I do hear about transubstantiation, but it can't mean that Jesus returns to Earth. In some churches it's not even bread and fermented wine anymore, but crackers and unfermented grape juice. It's a symbolic ritual and what's important is "Do this in remembrance of me." It's the sharing of a special moment when everyone was together for the last time including the one who is going to betray.

I think what the Catholics do is a "ritual" in terms of their whole service, usually in a Gothic building with towering spires and stained glass windows, large altar, statues of saints and holy persons, large candles and holders, solid oak kneeling benches and wearing of flowing garments. The Eucharist is part of this showy ritual in which they claim transubstantiation.

Last edited:
It's a symbolic ritual and what's important is "Do this in remembrance of me." It's the sharing of a special moment when everyone was together for the last time including the one who is going to betray.

According to the gospel of John only Judas was told, "eat this." by Jesus during the last supper.

How in hell can anyone "Do this in memory of me" in a ritual, whether literally or symbolically, knowing that Jesus taught the disciples that it is his words, teaching from God, about the only right way to understand and conform to divine instruction that fulfills the promise of life unless you are a Judas, a fake follower only pretending to believe??

"And as soon as Judas received the bread, Satan entered him." John 13:27

Last edited:
It's a symbolic ritual and what's important is "Do this in remembrance of me." It's the sharing of a special moment when everyone was together for the last time including the one who is going to betray.

According to the gospel of John only Judas was told, "eat this." by Jesus during the last supper.

How in hell can anyone "Do this in memory of me" in a ritual, whether literally or symbolically, knowing that Jesus taught the disciples that it is his words, teaching from God, about the only right way to understand and conform to divine instruction that fulfills the promise of life unless you are a Judas, a fake follower only pretending to believe??

You're not in context. Jesus was predicting who was going to betray him and he did this by giving Judas the bread.

"The disciples began to look at one another, perplexed as to which of them He meant. One of His disciples, the one whom Jesus loved, was reclining at His side. So Simon Peter motioned to him to ask Jesus which one He was talking about. Leaning back against Jesus, he asked, “Lord, who is it?”

Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I give this piece of bread after I have dipped it.” Then He dipped the piece of bread and gave it to Judas son of Simon Iscariot. And when Judas had taken the piece of bread, Satan entered into him." John 13:22-27

You have to put things together and not go by John alone as to what happened at the last supper.

"And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19

th

th

I guess I should have included votive candles as part of Catholic rituals I think it can be a personal candle for one's home. I've bought them as they are long-lasting candles for the holidays or any time.

You're not in context. Jesus was predicting who was going to betray him and he did this by giving Judas the bread.

"The disciples began to look at one another, perplexed as to which of them He meant. One of His disciples, the one whom Jesus loved, was reclining at His side. So Simon Peter motioned to him to ask Jesus which one He was talking about. Leaning back against Jesus, he asked, “Lord, who is it?”

Jesus answered, “It is the one to whom I give this piece of bread after I have dipped it.” Then He dipped the piece of bread and gave it to Judas son of Simon Iscariot. And when Judas had taken the piece of bread, Satan entered into him." John 13:22-27

You have to put things together and not go by John alone as to what happened at the last supper.

"And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19

Like I said, how can anyone dick around with bread and wine in remembrance of Jesus if they remember what he taught? Have you forgotten what he said gives life? hint: Its not a cracker. damn.

The fact remains that to Jesus, his disciples, followers, and the authors of the gospels, 'the nations' of the roman empire were the enemy.

Jesus said he came to bring a sword. Jeremiah 25:15 identifies the sword as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine. Revelation 19:15 shows that the sword comes out of the mouth of Jesus and was intended to smite the nations. The words of the last supper parallel Jeremiah 25:15.

The obvious inescapable conclusion is that Jesus sent out his disciples to curse the nations. The bloody history of the church and the people of 'the nations' periodic descent into madness confirms this.

All the pieces fit perfectly. Jesus was about to die a horrible death and all they could think about was which one of them was the greatest...so Jesus said, eat this, in other words fuck you.. You believe that Jesus died so you don't have to account for your own sins? Take this and eat it = fuck you too.

"I will force your oppressors to eat their own flesh and make them drunk on their own blood as if with new wine. Then all people shall know that I, the Lord, am your savior and your redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob."

"Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

You profess to believe that one unequalled incorporeal God is the same thing as a coequal trinity that became a man who was crucified because he loved the roman empire so much.

How can you fail to see that you are living under a strong delusion? A curse?

Last edited:
THE SACRAMENT OF HOLY COMMUNION. The R.C.C. believes and teaches that the priest has been given the authority and power by the Lord to change the bread and wine of the communion into the actual, physical body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ:

“When our Lord instituted the blessed Eucharist, He said: ‘Do this for a commemoration of me’ (Luke 22:19), and by these words He gave power and commission to His apostles and their successors to do what He had done - namely, to change bread and wine into His body and blood, and to administer the same to others. It is in the Mass that this change is made - it is made in the name and by the power of Christ. In His name, the priest says: ‘This is my body, this is my blood;’ and in the very same instant in which these words are pronounced, the bread and wine become, by virtue of a divine power, the body and blood of Christ. The appearances, indeed, remain the same as before, but the substance is changed. This is called transubstantiation.”(10)
“If any one shall deny (states the Council of Trent) that the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore the whole Christ, are truly, really and substantially contained in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, let him be accursed” (Conc. Trid., Sess. 13, de Euchar, can. 1)(11)
“The Mass is the unbloody sacrifice of the body and blood of Christ, offered on our altars under the appearances of bread and wine, to commemorate and continue the sacrifice of the cross.”(12)
Nowhere is this ever taught in the Bible. In fact, Jesus clearly stated that we are to eat the bread and drink the wine only in remembrance of Him (1 Cor. 11:23-26). The bread and the wine are only symbolic of the body of Christ that was broken for us and His blood that was shed on the cross. The Bible clearly teaches that Christ is not to be offered again - that He gave Himself once as a final and perfect offering on the cross, after which He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven from where He will only return at His second coming (Acts 1:11).

Nor did He (Jesus) enter heaven to offer Himself again and again …” (Heb. 9:25).
“Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins (This points to the Jewish Old Testament animal sacrifices). But when this Priest (Jesus) had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God” (Heb. 10:11,12) [Explanations added].

“Because by one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy” (Heb. 10:14).

For Christ died for sins once for all … to bring you to God” (1 Pet. 3:18).

Not only does the Bible teach clearly that Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross was final and complete, but the Word emphatically warns us not to offer Jesus again:

“… to their loss they are crucifying (offering) the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to public disgrace” (Heb. 6:6)

http://www.uwitness.net/religion-art...atholic-church

Notice the bolded verses, which clearly teach that Jesus' sacrifice was a one time completed event. Jesus can not and will not come down from Heaven to be offered over and over again, which clearly contradicts Scripture. There is no need or reason to do this anyway- none.
...."this do in remembrance of Me."

THE SACRAMENT OF HOLY COMMUNION. The R.C.C. believes and teaches that the priest has been given the authority and power by the Lord to change the bread and wine of the communion into the actual, physical body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ:

“When our Lord instituted the blessed Eucharist, He said: ‘Do this for a commemoration of me’ (Luke 22:19), and by these words He gave power and commission to His apostles and their successors to do what He had done - namely, to change bread and wine into His body and blood, and to administer the same to others. It is in the Mass that this change is made - it is made in the name and by the power of Christ. In His name, the priest says: ‘This is my body, this is my blood;’ and in the very same instant in which these words are pronounced, the bread and wine become, by virtue of a divine power, the body and blood of Christ. The appearances, indeed, remain the same as before, but the substance is changed. This is called transubstantiation.”(10)
“If any one shall deny (states the Council of Trent) that the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore the whole Christ, are truly, really and substantially contained in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, let him be accursed” (Conc. Trid., Sess. 13, de Euchar, can. 1)(11)
“The Mass is the unbloody sacrifice of the body and blood of Christ, offered on our altars under the appearances of bread and wine, to commemorate and continue the sacrifice of the cross.”(12)
Nowhere is this ever taught in the Bible. In fact, Jesus clearly stated that we are to eat the bread and drink the wine only in remembrance of Him (1 Cor. 11:23-26). The bread and the wine are only symbolic of the body of Christ that was broken for us and His blood that was shed on the cross. The Bible clearly teaches that Christ is not to be offered again - that He gave Himself once as a final and perfect offering on the cross, after which He rose from the dead and ascended to heaven from where He will only return at His second coming (Acts 1:11).

Nor did He (Jesus) enter heaven to offer Himself again and again …” (Heb. 9:25).
“Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins (This points to the Jewish Old Testament animal sacrifices). But when this Priest (Jesus) had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God” (Heb. 10:11,12) [Explanations added].

“Because by one sacrifice He has made perfect forever those who are being made holy” (Heb. 10:14).

Not only does the Bible teach clearly that Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross was final and complete, but the Word emphatically warns us not to offer Jesus again:

“… to their loss they are crucifying (offering) the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to public disgrace” (Heb. 6:6)

Notice the bolded verses, which clearly teach that Jesus' sacrifice was a one time completed event. Jesus can not and will not come down from Heaven to be offered over and over again, which clearly contradicts Scripture. There is no need or reason to do this anyway- none.
That's a pretty wild interpretation of Heb. 6:6, I have to admit. LOL

My question would be why then were animal sacrifices required day after day after day then if they were the precursor to the sacrament.

Forum List

Back