The ends justify the means, right?

pass this around folks now that we know ObamaCare is now ObamaTAX

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0p9Txm55g8]George Stephanopoulos Interviews Obama - Obamacare - YouTube[/ame]

Wait wait wait....

Please explain that. I haven't gotten a take like that before.
SCOTUS ruled that there can be no mandate, but the current content of the Act says there is a mandate. That must be changed, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

SCOTUS also ruled that the federal government cannot force states to do as they say with a penalty of losing ALL Federal Medicaid funds. The Act currently states that, though. That must be changed as well, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

The make up of Congress is different now. Now, I hope that these changes must take place in the House first. I can't recall off hand if that is the case (and I would look, but I have to get to the airport). I suspect that the House gets it first, as usual.
Well that is encouraging, particularly if this fight stretches out a long long time.

I heard there's already a motion afoot in the House to strike it down. It probably won't pass there, but it could, but never get past the Senate.

And the Senate has to change hands...

SCOTUS ruled that there can be no mandate, but the current content of the Act says there is a mandate. That must be changed, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

SCOTUS also ruled that the federal government cannot force states to do as they say with a penalty of losing ALL Federal Medicaid funds. The Act currently states that, though. That must be changed as well, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

The make up of Congress is different now. Now, I hope that these changes must take place in the House first. I can't recall off hand if that is the case (and I would look, but I have to get to the airport). I suspect that the House gets it first, as usual.
Well that is encouraging, particularly if this fight stretches out a long long time.

I heard there's already a motion afoot in the House to strike it down. It probably won't pass there, but it could, but never get past the Senate.
Well, then it's stuck until they CAN get it fixed.

;)

Yep.

I am for single payor nationalized health care.

Todays decision kinda lays the groundwork for that.

The ACA as it came from the lobbyists is crappy, but maybe we will get better in the future.

The lie outed from the right side about this bill is that it ois some unconstitutional monster.

that lie is now dead.

Now your party will be seen as the liars you are

Perhaps you didn't hear the ruling today. The mandate based on the Commerce Clause was UNCONSTITUTIONAL. The mandate could be constitutional if it was considered aTAX. Even Roberts speculated whether that would be fair or wise. But it was constitutional.

And there it is with no spin.

The lie outed from the right side about this bill is that it ois some unconstitutional monster.

that lie is now dead.

Now your party will be seen as the liars you are

But it's ok with YOU that he lied AGAIN.....

“For us to say that you’ve got to take a responsibility to get health insurance is absolutely not a tax increase,” the president said. “I absolutely reject that notion.”
Insurance mandate being ruled a tax saves healthcare reform - latimes.com

Obama knew all long it was a tax increase....just like the court ruled. He's a LIAR!
He supposedly taught the consititution in College...so he didn't know this?? Bullshit!

But he has made it easier for us to repeal, now that it's a tax....it's just going to take us a little longer. :)

If Obama had been honest, there is NO way Obamacare would have passed.

But of course, if Obama had been honest, he wouldn't have gotten the nomination in 2008.

Dishonesty has been a phenomenally successful strategy for him and the SCOTUS just put a big stamp of approval on it.

If Obama had been honest, there is NO way Obamacare would have passed.

But of course, if Obama had been honest, he wouldn't have gotten the nomination in 2008.

Dishonesty has been a phenomenally successful strategy for him and the SCOTUS just put a big stamp of approval on it.

Yup.

And don't forget the huge fringe benefit that Obutthead gets out of this . . .his name will live on in the history books under the moniker of "Obamacare". His narcissistic hole must surely be filled for awhile now.

Obama in response to the SCOTUS decision:

Still, I know the debate over this law has been divisive. I respect the very real concerns that millions of Americans have shared. And I know a lot of coverage through this health care debate has focused on what it means politically.

Well, it should be pretty clear by now that I didn't do this because it was good politics. I did it because I believed it was good for the country. I did it because I believed it was good for the American people.

With today's announcement, it's time for us to move forward - to implement and, where necessary, improve on this law. And now is the time to keep our focus on the most urgent challenge of our time: putting people back to work, paying down our debt and building an economy where people can have confidence that if they work hard, they can get ahead.

Translation:

It is understandable that some of you don't like that I am a slimy opportunistic narcissist. It is good for the country that I lie to you over and over when you are being intransigent or not sufficiently convinced of my superiority.

And now that I have won, I order you people to put your principles back onto the shelf and buy into the fiction that I now care about what I should have spent the first two years of my term paying attention to. I'm still as incompetent on that front as I ever was, but I won, so STFU.

Doesn't matter how many lies Obama told to get to today's results. All that matters is that Obamacare was upheld.

And as a bonus, Obamacare will bring so many headaches with it that when the implementation is finally over politicians will have all the ammo they need to scrap it and move to nationalized healthcare.

Win-win, huh?

LO6jF.gif

Forum List

Back