The ends justify the means, right?

The other "ends"

The court’s conversion of the mandate into a tax also suddenly eases the GOP’s practical problems of passing a reform through the Senate.

That’s because Senate rules allow a bare majority of 51 senators — not a super-majority of 60 Senators — to rewrite the controversial and unpopular law through reconciliation.

The other "ends"

The court’s conversion of the mandate into a tax also suddenly eases the GOP’s practical problems of passing a reform through the Senate.

That’s because Senate rules allow a bare majority of 51 senators — not a super-majority of 60 Senators — to rewrite the controversial and unpopular law through reconciliation.

Sounds like you guys REALLLLYYY need to take the Senate then huh? Hmm. We'll see how that goes.

tumblr_m3i4p2uonT1qc8qobo1_500.gif

Speaking of ends

SCOTUS now violates Obama’s 2008 tax pledge to not raise taxes on middle-class and poor Americans.

The biggest tax ever imposed on American citizens, amounting to $1.7 trillion over the first decade, according to the CBO

HOPE, CHANGE, And YES THEY DID sell Liberty down the river.

Well another good thing

they at least undermined the left's ability to use the Commerce Clause
in the future

Speaking of ends

SCOTUS now violates Obama’s 2008 tax pledge to not raise taxes on middle-class and poor Americans.

The biggest tax ever imposed on American citizens, amounting to $1.7 trillion over the first decade, according to the CBO

Well another good thing

in the future

Yes, that is some consolation

Well another good thing

in the future

Yes, that is some consolation

I wouldn't bet the rent on it. The next Chief Justice might just re-interpret the Commerce Clause, seems to be the direction we're headed in. The federal gov't is closing all the loopholes, tax anything, regulate anything, I think we're fucked.

Well don't expect Tammy Baldwin to takeover for Herb Kohl (D-WI) against Tommy Thompson or Erik Hovde, whoever wins the primary. Last time Johnson kicked Feingold to the curb, and you can expect this state to continue to swing for the GOP thanks to the Walker Recall fight.

So why didn't they just write a bill with those provisions, instead of the 2,000+ one?

Are you trying to be funny or do you not get what I said?

I'll break it down. Imagine you have someone that likes lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing but have been led to believe "salad" is bad so they don't like salad. Get it?

To use your analogy, why didn't they make a salad that specifically had lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing in it? Why'd they throw in the kitchen sink and try to pass that off as a salad?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE85N01M20120625?irpc=932

The survey results suggest that Republicans are convincing voters to reject Obama's reform even when they like much of what is in it, such as allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26.

Strong majorities favor most of what is in the law.[...]

Support for the provisions of the healthcare law was strong, with a full 82 percent of survey respondents, for example, favoring banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

Sixty-one percent are in favor of allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26 and 72 percent back requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employees.

I also like that insurance companies have to spend a certain percentage of your premium on YOUR Health Care. It's already paying off...

http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/21/pf/health-care-rebates/index.htm

Doesn't matter how many lies Obama told to get to today's results. All that matters is that Obamacare was upheld.

And as a bonus, Obamacare will bring so many headaches with it that when the implementation is finally over politicians will have all the ammo they need to scrap it and move to nationalized healthcare.

Win-win, huh?

Time for the opposition to play as dirty as the Leftist scum.

Romney gets elected and immediately grants waivers on Obamacare.

GOP easily holds the House and passes repeal.

GOP takes the Senate, and if they do not get a fillabuster proof majority, they simply drop the filibuster rules.

Then goodbye Obamacare.

Time to move the goalposts.

First executive order is a waiver for every citizen and corporation? Well wouldn't THAT be hillarious! Can you see the charges of high crimes and treason on day one?

First executive order is a waiver for every citizen and corporation? Well wouldn't THAT be hillarious! Can you see the charges of high crimes and treason on day one?

Obama changed all the rules on executive fiat.

What goes around, comes around.
Apparently we are in the age of Goose/Gander.

:lol:

Why would they mind? They're all for Obama nullifying law by executive order.

:lol:

Edit: What SniperFire said :thup:

Are you trying to be funny or do you not get what I said?

I'll break it down. Imagine you have someone that likes lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing but have been led to believe "salad" is bad so they don't like salad. Get it?

To use your analogy, why didn't they make a salad that specifically had lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and ranch dressing in it? Why'd they throw in the kitchen sink and try to pass that off as a salad?

Most Americans oppose health law but like provisions

The survey results suggest that Republicans are convincing voters to reject Obama's reform even when they like much of what is in it, such as allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26.

Support for the provisions of the healthcare law was strong, with a full 82 percent of survey respondents, for example, favoring banning insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-existing conditions.

Sixty-one percent are in favor of allowing children to stay on their parents' insurance until age 26 and 72 percent back requiring companies with more than 50 employees to provide insurance for their employees.

I also like that insurance companies have to spend a certain percentage of your premium on YOUR Health Care. It's already paying off...

Health care insurers to dole out $1B in rebates to consumers - Jun. 21, 2012

Yes there are good things in it that people like, as I've already stated. Twice.

You still haven't answered my question.

Is the third time the charm?

Yes there are good things in it that people like, as I've already stated. Twice.

They didn't.

You haven't mentioned what people don't like other than "Obamacare" even though they like everything in it. The one thing that people don't seem to like is the mandate, which is what pays for all the stuff they DO like.

I have a feeling that people's view of that will change with the SCOTUS ruling and the mandate now being described as a tax.

They didn't.

You haven't mentioned what people don't like other than "Obamacare" even though they like everything in it. The one thing that people don't seem to like is the mandate, which is what pays for all the stuff they DO like.

I have a feeling that people's view of that will change with the SCOTUS ruling and the mandate now being described as a tax.

Calling it a tax will crystallize opposition to it.

And -- it can't be said often enough -- will hammer home the fact that Obama lied to make this happen.

They didn't.

Which is it? They did, as your previous post illustrates, or they didn't?

One must be false.

And, Zoom? No, three times is not a charm. ;)

OBAMATAX...

this should help him get re-elected..

enjoy paying them you all who voted for the liar in chief
Romneycare mandate/ penalty was a TAX as well then...can't see how romney can stand up there and acuse Obamacare penalty of being a tax without admitting that Romneycare mandate penalty and the other fees he raised while in office, were not taxes as well...

he, as in romney, doesn't have a leg to stand on in that argument or tactic.

People already DO like it. When asked separately about the provisions of the ACA, they like it, but when it's packaged as "Obamacare", they don't. Go figure...

but look at the posts here. The rw does not want to know how this can benefit them. Many didn't even know what is in effect now and has been for more than two years. Earlier, willow and other Chicken Little rw's said it would cause a rise in unemployment so apparently they do not know that the employer gets a fat tax break with each employee.

I don't know how to get ignorant Americans to educate themselves. Just like the goddamned anti-America, traitors of the R party, they want to hate President Obama and they are willing to harm their own families if they have to.

I also go to a mostly-left wing board and they all know all the benefits they've been getting since 2010 while rw's don't even know it has been in effect that long.

That's the difference between right and left.

Isn't it wonderful that all your left-wing friends are sucking down those benefits?!?! Do you idiots really think those benefits are free?? Maybe to a parasite they're free, but not to the TAXPAYER.

And you're PROUD of this behavior??

OBAMATAX...

this should help him get re-elected..

enjoy paying them you all who voted for the liar in chief
Romneycare mandate/ penalty was a TAX as well then...can't see how romney can stand up there and acuse Obamacare penalty of being a tax without admitting that Romneycare mandate penalty and the other fees he raised while in office, were not taxes as well...

he, as in romney, doesn't have a leg to stand on in that argument or tactic.
Just remember this. The American public has a short term memory. Most voters won't remember details of Romney Care. What they will learn is it is now an utter failure and unsustainable in Massatwoshits. They will also hear the Romney call it a mistake to do on the national level and vow to repeal it. That's all that will matter to them. "Whoops, I made a mistake, and won't make another one to hurt you."

That's about a 10 point bump because the public will not bother to look deeper at something that pisses the majority of them off. A tax increase and threat of jail for just existing.

Forum List

Back