The ends justify the means, right?

I think the SCOTUS got it right calling the mandate a tax, cuz that's what is was and is. Where they got it wrong IMHO is allowing Congress pretty much the right to tax ANYTHING, even inactivity. They can now make up ANY req't to pay for something, anything, and if you don't pay they can tax you. I'm sorry, but that just ain't right.
Oh, I agree. The SCOTUS did get it right. Now it goes back to Congress. And, in the great political cycles of the USA, The People have spoken about what sort of representation they actually do want in Congress.

We will see what Congress does, now.

Same as before. Lots of bloviating, and damned little done. Your Teabaggers are more interested women's vaginas than real policy.

well why don't you so called "Progressives" get Obama to tax vagina's next?
..you don't care what taxes and hardships he puts on the people of this country

I think the SCOTUS got it right calling the mandate a tax, cuz that's what is was and is. Where they got it wrong IMHO is allowing Congress pretty much the right to tax ANYTHING, even inactivity. They can now make up ANY req't to pay for something, anything, and if you don't pay they can tax you. I'm sorry, but that just ain't right.
Oh, I agree. The SCOTUS did get it right. Now it goes back to Congress. And, in the great political cycles of the USA, The People have spoken about what sort of representation they actually do want in Congress.

Same as before. Lots of bloviating, and damned little done. Your Teabaggers are more interested women's vaginas than real policy.
Do you need a time out?

well why don't you so called "Progressives" get Obama to tax vagina's next?
..you don't care what taxes and hardships he puts on the people of this country

how can they just like my friend who is home because he doesnt need to get a job now he found out he gets free healthcare and ur paying the tax, he popped the champagne because now he doesnt have to work for healthcare. Thanx Obama!!!!!!!

So, the SCOTUS got it wrong?

Wait wait wait....

Please explain that. I haven't gotten a take like that before.

Doesn't matter how many lies Obama told to get to today's results. All that matters is that Obamacare was upheld.

And as a bonus, Obamacare will bring so many headaches with it that when the implementation is finally over politicians will have all the ammo they need to scrap it and move to nationalized healthcare.

Win-win, huh?

Not necessarily how this will play out. People might like this new system and it may actually begin to control costs. If not, then single payer works fine for me, so long as we leave an option for private insurance for those who want to pay additional for it, much like the system in the UK. I would not want the Canadian system where there is no private option.

70% of the American people didn't like this bill BEFORE it was a TAX.. think they'll love it now that it is a TAX?

I think they will actually take a look at it now, so they can see how it will actually affect them. Some will not like it, but many will actually like it quite a bit. What those percentages are, we will have to wait to see. At least we have taken a step in a positive direction. There is plenty of time to make changes if necessary.

You people just lost your main issue in this campaign
Maybe, but taxes are often a big issue; and big taxes are even bigger issues. ;)

Wonder how all those 20 something kids are gonna feel when they find out they gotta buy health insurance that they don't want or pay a TAX. And those insurance premiums ain't going to be cheap either. Gotta pay for all us old farts.

The lie outed from the right side about this bill is that it ois some unconstitutional monster.

that lie is now dead.

Now your party will be seen as the liars you are

The mandate is not a tax, but you get taxed if you choose to not purchase insurance when you can afford to do so. For the life of me, I cannot understand how so many right wingers are against people having to pay for their own health insurance. I'm starting to believe that most of you on here are a bunch of lying losers who don't have health insurance and are against this because you prefer to suck off of everyone else who actually does pay for insurance.

You people just lost your main issue in this campaign
Maybe, but taxes are often a big issue; and big taxes are even bigger issues. ;)

Wonder how all those 20 something kids are gonna feel when they find out they gotta buy health insurance that they don't want or pay a TAX. And those insurance premiums ain't going to be cheap either. Gotta pay for all us old farts.

I wonder how they will feel understanding that now they will never be denied insurance if they do become sick?

The lie outed from the right side about this bill is that it ois some unconstitutional monster.

that lie is now dead.

Now your party will be seen as the liars you are

They did that and they got it right because the IRS is the enforcer.

Well, Sis, we now have the ability to put health care on a rational basis in this nation, thanks to Justice Roberts. Since we can base it on a tax, then an income tax on all income targeted to the health care system only, is the way to go. A single payer universal system, based this way, would cost far less per capita than our present system. We can clearly see that from the results that other nations have achieved with their systems. Not only would it be less costly, but the results in health benefits would be much better, again, as we have seen in the other industrial nations with universal single payer systems.

There is at least one problem with that. There is no way to force someone to pay the tax.

There sure is. They have the guns, they have the jails. They can seize your assets to pay for it. Of course if you have no assets or income you still must pay the Obamatax. Bwuh-Huh????

Wait wait wait....

SCOTUS ruled that there can be no mandate, but the current content of the Act says there is a mandate. That must be changed, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

SCOTUS also ruled that the federal government cannot force states to do as they say with a penalty of losing ALL Federal Medicaid funds. The Act currently states that, though. That must be changed as well, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

The make up of Congress is different now. Now, I hope that these changes must take place in the House first. I can't recall off hand if that is the case (and I would look, but I have to get to the airport). I suspect that the House gets it first, as usual.

Wait wait wait....

The Congress CAN repeal the law is the point...and another reason why this election is important.

70% of the American people didn't like this bill BEFORE it was a TAX.. think they'll love it now that it is a TAX?

I think they will actually take a look at it now, so they can see how it will actually affect them. Some will not like it, but many will actually like it quite a bit. What those percentages are, we will have to wait to see. At least we have taken a step in a positive direction. There is plenty of time to make changes if necessary.

so as long as we re getting taxed now we shoudl take a wait and see approach?

Wait wait wait....

SCOTUS ruled that there can be no mandate, but the current content of the Act says there is a mandate. That must be changed, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

SCOTUS also ruled that the federal government cannot force states to do as they say with a penalty of losing ALL Federal Medicaid funds. The Act currently states that, though. That must be changed as well, and Congress must change that...and vote on that.

The make up of Congress is different now. Now, I hope that these changes must take place in the House first. I can't recall off hand if that is the case (and I would look, but I have to get to the airport). I suspect that the House gets it first, as usual.
Well that is encouraging, particularly if this fight stretches out a long long time.

I heard there's already a motion afoot in the House to strike it down. It probably won't pass there, but it could, but never get past the Senate.

so as long as we re getting taxed now we shoudl take a wait and see approach?
Now we get taxed for just existing.

Wait wait wait....

Well that is encouraging, particularly if this fight stretches out a long long time.

I heard there's already a motion afoot in the House to strike it down. It probably won't pass there, but it could, but never get past the Senate.
Well, then it's stuck until they CAN get it fixed.

;)

Forum List

Back